SD.net: Lords of Darkness (RAR!) Mk-II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

KroLazuxy_87
Padawan Learner

Re: SD.net: Lords of Darkness (RAR!) Mk-II

Post by KroLazuxy_87 »

Samuel wrote:You do realize there is no point in slave taking? Your minions breed faster, work harder, are more loyal, etc.

Also, if we need to convert people to minions, the obvious plan is to unleash a plague upon Europe or China and either offer the suffering another chance at life or take the shell shocked survivors.

I recommend the Area 51 arcade game style conversion. Mostly because it looked awesome.

To reduce the breeding rate, just factor in disease.

I'm gonna need the extra labor early if I want to even dream of being on par with the rest of you.

Only goblins were listed as breeding faster. Ogres actually slower.
One more thing, just to prevent you bringing back supper diseases from "the future" the door wil have a bio filter that will screen out any virus or bacteria you might have picked up from Earth Proper.
This means that you'll have a harder time finding a "plague" that the people aren't already resistant to. Not impossible, but harder.
To criticize a person for their race is manifestly irrational and ridiculous, but to criticize their religion, that is a right. That is a freedom. The freedom to criticize ideas, any ideas - even if they are sincerely held beliefs - is one of the fundamental freedoms of society. A law which attempts to say you can criticize and ridicule ideas as long as they are not religious ideas is a very peculiar law indeed. -Rowan Atkinson
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Question:

Can Orcs breed with Humans in this scenario?

If so, my conquered tribes are going to become very Orcish in 2 - 3 generations
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Solauren wrote:Can Orcs breed with Humans in this scenario?
As i mentioned in the first thread Orcs and Humans can produce young, although these young are sterile "mules".

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Currently, in order of posting, we have 14 active people in this RAR.

Havok
Cpl Kendall
Solauren
Samuel
CaptainChewbacca
Starglider
Almightyboredone
Zor
MariusRoi
Raesene
The Yosemite Bear
speaker-to-trolls
Styphon
KroLazuxy_87

However only FIVE out of those 14 have posted anything coming close to a "OOB" or detailed list of their intentions, units and long term plan. Part of the reason why I don't mind letting Kro in, despite his small Post-count, is his second post listed a highly detailed outline of his intentions and forces.

Another thing, Im finding it a surprise how many are taking to the "Evil Overlord" route, really when I started this I did so thinking most would do the reshape civilization route.. The fact that so far NO ONE has settled in Europe or Asian, a place where you really could go nuts Conquering marauding and taking over preexisting cities, also has surprised me.

Responding to another bit, I don't approve of mutating captured humans into creatures. They breed fine on their own and if you want more workers, well try and work WITH the natives, you have enough godly things to make them fawn and swoon to help you more then likely.

As far as using diseases as "bio-weapons", I have to ask if anyone really thinks that is a good idea? We already know simple diseases decimated almost all of the native populace. If anything I'd star working on immunity drugs (or bring medication back with me once a year) to inoculate native populations.

ANd as worrying about Over population among the minions. I don't know about the rest of you but I would make homosexuality not only legal but encourage to a point: since I doubt I will be able to produce condoms any time soon and I doubt it even more that I could make a better alternative, so I need a form of population control. Homosexuality would be not only a far more fun alternative then forced chastity, but would still be functional.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Another thing, Im finding it a surprise how many are taking to the "Evil Overlord" route, really when I started this I did so thinking most would do the reshape civilization route.. The fact that so far NO ONE has settled in Europe or Asian, a place where you really could go nuts Conquering marauding and taking over preexisting cities, also has surprised me.
I already pointed out the reason for that; humanity is actually pretty good at uniting against monstrous, 'other' foes. Europe at this point has just finished spending two centuries crusading against the Persians, and I'm pretty sure that once news of this 'satanic' force reaches the pope there will be some armies coming after whoever is messing with Europe. Crusader armies were in the tens of thousands of men, including knights, siege engines and crossbowmen - just one of those is enough to wipe out a 50,000 point player, and these were essentially luxuries, conducted by surplus military forces not required to defend and maintain control over the home country. I imagine conquering Europe is going to take an alliance of 500,000 points or so worth of troops for a good chance of success (not including people who spent all their points on overpriced special units :) )... or centuries of preparation. Asia is not much better, the Ming dynasty was possibly the strongest in China's history, and any attempts to conquer significant areas will meet with serious resistance.
They breed fine on their own and if you want more workers, well try and work WITH the natives, you have enough godly things to make them fawn and swoon to help you more then likely.
Well I guess I could pretend that my forces are angels, if I ban quacking in the presence of humans. :)
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Currently, in order of posting, we have 14 active people in this RAR.
If you want people to put effort into it like an STGOD then you're going to have to GM it and either RP the human nations yourself or do something like assign each player a human nation to RP as well as their monster force (geographically separated).
However only FIVE out of those 14 have posted anything coming close to a "OOB" or detailed list of their intentions, units and long term plan.
What kind of OOB is possible other than how many of each creature and roughly what each will be used for? You've already specified equipment and unit structure. I'm still not sure if the points values you assigned are supposed to directly represent combat ability (e.g. 10 ursoids would fight a force of 150 orcs to a draw, even given that the later have crossbows) or are just arbitrary. I think that if you adopted a custom army/species creation scheme similiar to what the first edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle and WH40K : Rogue Trader had, or even a very condensed version of the way GURPS does fantasy creature points costs, you would see much more interesting army designs.
speaker-to-trolls
Jedi Master

Post by speaker-to-trolls »

Alright, my armies of darkness will be made up of the following:
5 Maniples of orcs, that's 7,500 orcs and 15,000 army points.
400 Nagas, there's 1200 points
800 Satyrs, that's 4,000 army points.
150 centaurs, that's another 3,000
and a little indulgence for myself, a personal bodyguard of 50 minotaurs.

Possibly subject to change if Crossroads decides to add any new units, such as the wolf cavalry or dragons that Starglider suggested. I'd gladly get exchange my minotaurs for a 10 ton, firebreathing ankylosaurus.
Also I will exchange 2,500 of my 3,500 cattle for equal parts fowl and goats. The remaining cattle will be used as draft animals to facilitate trade and mass movement of goods between the corners of my empire.

My metre of space will be made up largely of books, which I will supplement with whatever I can find on the internet regarding all the multitudinous things I'm going to need to learn about to be able to hold my empire together (economics, industry, engineering, the geography, culture and ecology of precolumbian Mexico, anthropology, religion, politics, Roman military tactics (seems to be what the orcs are trained for) and probably some other subjects). I'll try to download as much stuff as I can to supplement this since with a bit more space I would also be able to bring a lot of paper with me, as someone else noted high quality paper is very handy stuff. If I can find any medical supplies that would wow the natives I'll bring them along, although I'm not sure what would do the trick and to be honest it may not impress them that much to dispense verruca cream while they're all dying of chicken pox or some other disease I inadvertantly unleashed on them.

Incidentally I have two questions; How disease resistant are my minions and how big is their logical blind spot regarding my divinity? I need to know if I can have my satyrs helping me in my studies without them realising that a god shouldn't need tutoring.
Post Number 1066 achieved Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:19 pm(board time, 8:19GMT)
Batman: What do these guys want anyway?
Superman: Take over the world... Or rob banks, I'm not sure.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

As i want a proper name for them, i want Starglider's Duckmen to be redesignated Cygnutaurs.

Zor
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Fine. I'll put myself down somewhere to the West of the Mississippi and deal with the city states one by one, reducing them by seige or biowar.

12500 orcs should be good.

I'll turn the Plains into a breadbasket and try to take over the trade network in the river valley. I intend to openly work with other overlords due to the fact that I need them for some of the more monstrous beasts. Maybe a century later we can expand out of the US and conquer all of Central America and the Caribean.
KroLazuxy_87
Padawan Learner

Post by KroLazuxy_87 »

Samuel wrote:Fine. I'll put myself down somewhere to the West of the Mississippi and deal with the city states one by one, reducing them by seige or biowar.

I'll turn the Plains into a breadbasket and try to take over the trade network in the river valley. I intend to openly work with other overlords due to the fact that I need them for some of the more monstrous beasts. Maybe a century later we can expand out of the US and conquer all of Central America and the Caribean.

Where along the Mississippi? It's 2348 miles long, so you have a lot to choose from. I'd suggest the southern end to allow easier access to the Caribbean and Southern America.

I'll gladly provide large quantities of hard wood for ship construction after a decade or so. (Trees gotta grow after all)
To criticize a person for their race is manifestly irrational and ridiculous, but to criticize their religion, that is a right. That is a freedom. The freedom to criticize ideas, any ideas - even if they are sincerely held beliefs - is one of the fundamental freedoms of society. A law which attempts to say you can criticize and ridicule ideas as long as they are not religious ideas is a very peculiar law indeed. -Rowan Atkinson
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

5 mobs, 2500 Goblins 2500

2 Legions, 12000 Orcs 24000

One force of 300 Naga 900

One Herd of 350 Minotaurs 7000

One Lance 250 Centaurs 5000

four packs, 200 Ursoids total 6000 points

1 pack of 250 satyrs 1250 points

12 Ogres. 3000 points

And my personal guard of one more of each Ursoid, centaur, and minotaur, 2 satyrs, 2 Naga, 4 orcs, and six gobbos, as well as an an Ogre pimped out as my personal conveyance just to round out the 350 points I seem to have left over. The personal guard shall be the elite, drawn from the best and the brightest(or in the case of the Ogre least mind-bogglingly stupid), just to really give the troops something to work for. Upon a new member being selected at the annual(or whatever schedule) trials, the old member shall be reired with full honors, or returned to active service and increased rank as they prefer. I may be their indisputable God-king, but there's no reason not to do the morale enhancing bit.

In general, looking at long term breeding colonies rather than combat troops for most of the initial allotment, which isn't to say that I'd be remotely averse to throwing a thousand gobbos at any natives that prove tiresome. East Coast of the US in the Pennsylvania and New York region if that won't conflict with anyone's spot , more than willing to do the whole trade and alliance thing.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

KroLazuxy_87 wrote:
Samuel wrote:Fine. I'll put myself down somewhere to the West of the Mississippi and deal with the city states one by one, reducing them by seige or biowar.

Where along the Mississippi? It's 2348 miles long, so you have a lot to choose from. I'd suggest the southern end to allow easier access to the Caribbean and Southern America.

I'll gladly provide large quantities of hard wood for ship construction after a decade or so. (Trees gotta grow after all)
It depends on where the natives are. I want to be close, but not close enough that any of the city state can crush me.

As for those worrying about Europeans, just sink the first boats that get sent over. They will get around, but we can easily shove expansion back a couple decades. Or let them come and use them to get the population of the Carribean to join us.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

I shall set up my depressingly small fortress around the current location of St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Once there, I shall immediately get to work setting myself up as a center for trade, supplier of manufactured goods, and purveyor of all things industrial to the natives and to anyone else I can find. My population will be instructed to increase their numbers as quickly as possible, and my herds strengthened by an influx of bison.

Said population shall consist of:

6000 Orcs: These hardy green-skinned folk will form the core of my new civilization: By their industry, we shall profit, by their skill, we shall survive, and by their courage, we shall expand. Roughly 1000 will remain in my city (to be called Minas Anor, by-the-by) in order to man the forges, direct the mills, and oversee the: (12k of 25k points)

9000 Goblins: Every civilization needs a labor force, and the slightly less hardy green folk shall provide mine. (21k of 25k points)

50 Minotaurs: Minotaurs will be my guards, since they're ever so much better at it than the goblins. (22k of 25k points)

1000 Naga: At the meeting of two major rivers, waterborne power is something I must be able to project. Thence, the naga. (25k of 25k points)

Foreign Policy: In all honesty, I am too minor a power to be belligerent in the slightest. Therefore, I shall attempt to gain allies - be they natives, fellow SDNers, or sentient buffalos - as quickly as possible. I will do this by offering to my prospective allies a source for manufactured goods, if they are natives, or a secure bridgehead on the Mississippi and a trade center between coasts if they be SDNers.

Military Tactics: Shortly, I'm not clever enough to come up with any. I'll ask my orcs what they think, then run the plans by the Naga, Minotaur, and Goblin representatives on my Advisory Council.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

well based on where I'm starting, I'm going to be Naga, Ork, Bear, and Naga Heavy (the Bering Straigt, and the Alutians Islands. So my Naga will get quite a bit of use. (Too bad they aren't Lovecraftian Deepuns.) Still someone has to set the foundation for my goblin built bridges. Hey we've got enough Bears and Wolves to build lots of Cal.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Edit time ran out - Here's the revised version of my post.

I shall set up my depressingly small fortress around the current location of St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Once there, I shall immediately get to work setting myself up as a center for trade, supplier of manufactured goods, and purveyor of all things industrial to the natives and to anyone else I can find. My population will be instructed to increase their numbers as quickly as possible, and my herds strengthened by an influx of bison.

Also on the list of priorities is turning some portion of the Great Plains into farmland. My people want grain, and they shall have it!

Said population shall consist of:

6000 Orcs: These hardy green-skinned folk will form the core of my new civilization: By their industry, we shall profit, by their skill, we shall survive, and by their courage, we shall expand. Roughly 1000 will remain in my city (to be called Minas Anor, by-the-by) in order to man the forges, direct the mills, and oversee the: (12k of 25k points)
Sub-Division: 3000 Pikemen, 3000 Crossbowmen. Sure, I may not have a shield wall, but let's see you try to charge those pikes!

9000 Goblins: Every civilization needs a labor force, and the slightly less hardy green folk shall provide mine. (21k of 25k points)
Note: By my calculations, I should have 120 Orc blacksmiths. 20 of these shall be put to work creating more useful equipment for my goblins, specifically to replace current kit with chain-or-scale mail, a decent sword, a thicker shield, and a stouter spear. Those goblins as demonstrate an affinity shall receive crossbows, but I'm not sure how well that'll work out.

50 Minotaurs: Minotaurs will be my guards, since they're ever so much better at it than the goblins. (22k of 25k points)
Note: 10 Minotaurs will be attached to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to provide majesty to any ambassadors I find myself sending out into the wilds.

1000 Naga: At the meeting of two major rivers, waterborne power is something I must be able to project. Thence, the naga. (25k of 25k points)
Note: 500 Naga shall at all time patrol the river, half in each direction, while the others recuperate at Minas Anor, play water polo, or whatever else it is that Naga do.

Foreign Policy: In all honesty, I am too minor a power to be belligerent in the slightest. Therefore, I shall attempt to gain allies - be they natives, fellow SDNers, or sentient buffalos - as quickly as possible. I will do this by offering to my prospective allies a source for manufactured goods, if they are natives, or a secure bridgehead on the Mississippi and a trade center between coasts if they be SDNers.

Later, assuming I still exist and history hasn't been altered too greatly, I shall establish myself as a friend to the Spanish and French missionaries who come up and down the Mississippi, thus winning good press for myself in Europe at the cost of a few hours of annoying preaching.

If at all practicable, I shall establish an outpost around New Orleans, thus giving self control of the easiest point of entry to the Caribbean from Central North America.

Military Tactics: Shortly, I'm not clever enough to come up with any. I'll ask my orcs what they think, then run the plans by the Naga, Minotaur, and Goblin representatives on my Advisory Council.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

If I may make some requests for two additional creatures...

Lizardmen (5 Points)-Scaled Therapod like creatures with a set of dexterous arms as strong as a mans and a set of powerful jaws and ten centimeter foot claws that are two meters long and mass about 65 to 80 kgs. Lizardmen have human level intelligence and fit into the artisan system. Lizardmen are able to run at 50 km per hour over short distances of about half a kilometer. Lizardmen live as long as humans and breed at a rate comparable to humans, but lay eggs that hatch after four and a half months. Lizardmen can eat plant material but have a digestive system geared towards meat and are exothermic (they can get by on roughly a third of what a human can but are highly susceptible to temperature shifts and especially cold). They can swim somewhat better than a Human or Orc provided the water is warm, but not as good as an Ursoid and Nagas can easily swim laps around them. Lizardmen are given a chainmail vest, a helmet shaped for their head, a backpack, a Cutlass, two javalins and a two meter long lance.
Lizardmen forces are divided into Claws (75 individuals), Fangs (450 individuals) and Talons (1,800 Individuals).

Salamanders (400 points)-Salamanders are non sapient creatures that measure about six to eight meters long and massing about six to eight tonnes. Salamanders are heavy endothermic reptile like creatures that bear a resemblance to Ankylosaurs and Monitor Lizards with a yellowish brown color with some reddish highlights. Salamanders are omnivorous and can live off anything a pig can. Salamanders have natural bony armor, but this is augmented by a set of iron armor (both chain and plate) against which bows and crossbows are of little use. Salamanders have a formidable array of weapons, including their tail club, clawed feet and a head that contains some respectably powerful maw. There most powerful weapon, however, is in their mouth. They are capable of spraying two chemicals from two glands in their mouths that, when combined forms a new chemical that ignites in Oxygen and is sticky. This burning chemical they can project about twenty kilometers from themselves in bursts of about ten liters, while having enough reserves for about ten shots before needing to refill (which takes about a day). Salamanders lay a single egg every three years and take about twenty years to reach full size and maturity. Salamanders need a staff of about fifteen Orc keepers.

Special Offer! The first Salamander you buy gets a lovely modular Dias to sit on, complete with Icebox for storing wine/beer/vodka/whatever and awning as is befitting an SD.net member.

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'll have to dig up my old OOB for this thread as my old "control the rivers, subjugate the natives. I don't want Europe or Asia, to much chance of nasty natives.

Also until gunpower hits the scene the bears will be fucking nasty Your average adult polar bear somewhere north of a thousand pounds for males and females can weigh in at the upper eight hundred range. And that's a mix of muscle, fat and bone. And as normal bears can tear a man in half with just paw strength. The Evil Minon bears can do even more damage with a bear sized battle-axe or maul.

Worse if they are armored bears. If you put your minions to it considering they have a much better muscle ratio than humans said male bears could be running around under 250 pounds of steel armor at twenty miles an hour for an hour. Killing a totally unarmed bear is pretty damn hard due to all the natural fat and fur armor. Add in steel and your going to have something that can laugh off any medieval weapon short of a Ballista.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Ok new OOB

Lets review
12,501-15,501+, Supermods and administrators
250,000 Army Points
A fortress with 12 meter tall four meter thick rebar reinforced concrete walls with the manor and central command facilities and a city outside full of your creatures. Has Plumbing (flush Toilets).
45,000 cattle

Goblins
Point Cost-1 Each
Orcs
Point Cost-2 Each
Naga
Point Cost-3 Each
Satyrs
Point Cost-5 Each
Minotaurs
Point Cost-20 Each
Centaurs
Point Cost-20 Each
Ursiods
Point Cost-30 Each
Hmm 250k worth, which could be 8,300 bear army but I want to expand more than that.

So lets say
30,000 Orcs(60k)
15,000 Naga (45k)
6,000 Satyrs (30k)
2,000 Ursiods (60k)
1,250 Centaurs (25k)
1,000 Minotaurs (20k)
236k in total.
Leaves me 10k to play with I'll hold free at the moment in case of flyers or other added unit.

Frankly the Goblins and the Orges are useless. Goblins because they are weak idiots who's only advantage is numbers, and orges because 250 points buys you a half baked giant who's dumber than a Goblin. And afraid of fire? Trust me, Napam will be among the recipes of useful things I bring back in my cube.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

I am going to settle in Siberia - propably somewhere around Novosibirsk. I has a humid continental climate: Temperature drops below 0°C for four months, down to ~12°C, and rises above 20°C for three months. It has low humidity - but we have a river nearby, which should be sufficient for irrigation (it is used for that purpose today).

Why? Well, simple - it is mostly unoccupied (expect for some small settlements), and will stay that way until ~ 1580.
And it offers some great expansionary possiblities -mongolia, parts of central asia and so on. Furthermore, it may be possible to establish a trade route from asia to europe later on.
Also, it got a lot of resources. While the climate is not perfect, thats not something i can not live with.

As for my cubic metre of stuff, i will fill it with a shitload of DVDs, containing e-books about science, history, engineering, social/philosophical/poltical/military textbooks and so on. Thats a LOT of information which can be usefull later on, and it is way more convenient than books. I will propably include some e-book readers with rechargable batteries or something like that, to give better access to some of my minions.
Those are to be copied on hard-copy books to preverse decay.

My army will consist of:
100 Satyrs (500 points) - those are going to be my scholars. Their primary mission will be to study the e-books i brought with me and copy them, trying to set up an modern-educational system. If it works out, i should have something approaching modern eduction.
Eventually, once my army reaches the necessary size, some of them are going to be trained as officers&generals.

2000 Orks (4000 points): Those are intended as both my primary fighting and labor force. Essentially, i want to set up a militia-based army, utilising tower shields and crossbows. The crossbows are goind to be replaced with socket-bajonet equipped muskets (or the likes) later on.

100 Ursoids (3000 points): Those are going to be my praetorians. Other than acting as my bodyguard (and later on, bodyguards of high-ranking officers), they will serve as heavy-duty assault units.

For the first 150 years, the primary target is to increase the size of my population, with a focus on orcs. Given that all my minions breed as fast as humans do, they should be able to reproduce rather quickly - one new generation of fertile offspring every 25 years. Given that population growth is neither limited by avaiable room nor (hopefully) by food, i should be able to raise the population to eight times its original size (doubling it every 50 years). After all, they have the advantage of better agriculture, hygiene and medicine (not even near modern standards, but way better than medieval europe).
The reproduction of the Ursoids&Satyrs if going to be monitored for some time, to prevent inbreeding.

As for research (conducted by the satyrs), the primary target is to raise the efficiency of agriculture.
Later on, improved craftmanship will hopefully lead to some simple, factory-like craftshops (steam-egines and the likes).
If possible, i want some good firearms until 1550, in sufficient number to equip most of my orc militia.

Military-wise, i am only going to conduct some raids on human settlements. Humans will NOT be enslaved - as long as they willingly cooperate. I have to stop the expansion of the russians ~1580 - slaughtering their initial expeditons should be sufficient to hamper it.

Once i have an sufficiently large army to defend my territory against enemy incursions (i also have the advantage of having a lot of unfriendly territory between me and my enemies), i would want to establish traderoutes with asia and europe.
Humans from those regions will be made offers to join us on a regular base. Hopefully, this will grant me some imigration, increasing my manpower.

My final goal is to install a prospering, trade-rich, well-educated society. I do not need to conquer land - there is more than enough spare land to go around.
Once some of you want to take over europe (or asia), i will gladly join them in conquest. While i do not have a lot of minions to work with, i can propably give you a lot of intel (aquired through trade) and propably bribe some of the locals (if everything goes right, i will have a lot of money).
If it is possible by any means, i would want to esablish a "New Earth Russia". And i do not mind sharing it with anyone else - come and join me! :wink:
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
KroLazuxy_87
Padawan Learner

Post by KroLazuxy_87 »

Mr. Bean,

In your post you didn't seem to mention the Cygnutaurs AKA StarGlider's Duckmen.

I didn't know if this was intentional or not, but their express advantage of flight should not be overlooked, and I thought everyone could use a reminder about them.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Ok, Quick OOB:

Orcs ( 4,500 ) [9000 Points]: 9 Cohorts of 500. Organized on a 1 Up - 2 Down configuration rotating every 6 months. Main Labor force, and Main Military Force.

Ursiods ( 100 ) [3000 Points]: 2 Packs 50. Organized on a 1 Up - 1 Down configuration.Used as a heavy military Patrol force, and Marines.

Centaurs ( 500 ) [10000 Points]: 10 Cadre of 50. Organized to generate: 3 Units of Cavalry (1 Up - 2 Down), 3 Units for Scouting (2 Up - 1 Down), 3 Units for Trade (2 Up - 1 Down), And 1 Unit on Deep Home Duty (Farming, Breeding, and the Like).

Satyrs ( 600 ) [3000 Points]: 12 Hoofs of 50. 8 Units with no Specialty (Defense, Projects and the like), 1 Unit for Diplomatic Deployment, and 3 Units on Scout/Trade/Military Missions.

I'm going to be focusing on boats over Naga, because I'm looking at long term cargo barge development. I'd also be looking at linking up with Master_Baerne soon, and trading Food for Iron and Coal.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

speaker-to-trolls wrote:Possibly subject to change if Crossroads decides to add any new units, such as the wolf cavalry or dragons that Starglider suggested. I'd gladly get exchange my minotaurs for a 10 ton, firebreathing ankylosaurus.
Alas, I think it was generally decided that Dragonish creatures and fire-breathing was stretching things a bit much.
speaker-to-trolls wrote:Incidentally I have two questions; How disease resistant are my minions and how big is their logical blind spot regarding my divinity? I need to know if I can have my satyrs helping me in my studies without them realising that a god shouldn't need tutoring.
On the one note, I will decree your Minions are largely immune to most diseases of the time, naturally Diseases do evolve so over the decades they will get sick as the diseases get strong, i'd say you have about 30 to 50 years before you have to worry about illnesses infecting people regularly. On a related topic... After reading up on diseases and immunity as a whole, concerning the native I think i'll be releasing weakened less virulent version of many modern diseases that will make a lot of people sick, but not kill them and leave them with some immunity of their own. This should start a slow and gradual process of building up most natives immune systems so it can cope with the Europeans when/if they arrive.

On the last topic of "how big is their logical blind spot regarding my divinity?" I will say that the excuse that your minions will believe is: You are a God in Human form, to 'experience' what it's like to be on the mortal world and such, so in keeping with the spirit, you don't know everything and arn't all powerful. This should keep things from needing to be too blind about stuff, everyone will still think your a god, just a willingly nerfed one (who will need tutors)
Zor wrote:As i want a proper name for them, i want Starglider's Duckmen to be redesignated Cygnutaurs.

Zor
Very well, I have decided and hereby Decree the existence of Cygnutaurs they shall be 100-points a piece as flying is a decided advantage and should be expensive. They shall currently follow Stargliders form size and weight in terms of appearance. They shall lay a clutch of two eggs every 7months, and need lots of high caloric foods, meats and sugars for the most part.
Starglider wrote:
Crossroads Inc. wrote:Currently, in order of posting, we have 14 active people in this RAR.
If you want people to put effort into it like an STGOD then you're going to have to GM it and either RP the human nations yourself or do something like assign each player a human nation to RP as well as their monster force (geographically separated).
Well I guess I am then, defiantly trying to better organize things. Since people are largely avoiding Europe we can say for now things proceed as normal there. And if the time comes I can take over RP of Human nations, and there are a few I know who can help out there

[quote="Starglider"
However only FIVE out of those 14 have posted anything coming close to a "OOB" or detailed list of their intentions, units and long term plan.
What kind of OOB is possible other than how many of each creature and roughly what each will be used for? You've already specified equipment and unit structure. I'm still not sure if the points values you assigned are supposed to directly represent combat ability (e.g. 10 ursoids would fight a force of 150 orcs to a draw, even given that the later have crossbows) or are just arbitrary. I think that if you adopted a custom army/species creation scheme similiar to what the first edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle and WH40K : Rogue Trader had, or even a very condensed version of the way GURPS does fantasy creature points costs, you would see much more interesting army designs.[/quote]I may defer to you on this matter, but I would be willing to be we shant see direct combat for quite some time. Anyone who focuses on quick conquest instead of internal construction and city building is going to find themselves in a world of hurt come Winter (in most places)

FINALLY
I've got an updated Map up of North America. Samuel and Solaruren I'd like to request more specific locations, just goto Google Earth and find a city near where you wish to be located. Mr. Bean and a few others I need locations as well, I THINK StarGlider set up shop in NZ, but I couldn't find him directly saying so.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

By the way, here is a map of europe from 1400.
As you can see, there are no major powers that can threathen me in eastern europe (the Khanate being on the decline).
If i am lucky, i may even be able to conquer some territory there - but as i already said, there is no real need to do so.

And while there are humans in the part of Siberia where i will reside, they are widely dispersed, living in tribal societies.
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Off wiki so don't take it as canon.

Although they do have a startling appropriate line...
The Late Mississippian period, usually considered from c. 1400 to European contact, is characterized by increasing warfare, political turmoil, and population movement. The population of Cahokia dispersed early in this period (1350–1400), perhaps migrating to other rising political centers. More defensive structures are often seen at sites, and sometimes a decline in mound-building and ceremonialism.
:twisted:

So that would place my initial position between Wichita Kansas and Oklahoma City.
By the way, here is a map of europe from 1400.
As you can see, there are no major powers that can threathen me in eastern europe (the Khanate being on the decline).
If i am lucky, i may even be able to conquer some territory there - but as i already said, there is no real need to do so.

And while there are humans in the part of Siberia where i will reside, they are widely dispersed, living in tribal societies.
As Starglider pointed out, "army of demons" is a very good reason for a crusade.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

Um, yes, of course - but i am thousand of miles away (mid-siberia). If there was some kind of major power in eastern europe, that would still be dangerous.

I do not reall have to worry about the catholics - they are insanely far away, and eastern europe is orthodox, anyway.

If there was such a threath in eastern europe, i would be in danger. However, things being as they are, i do not really need to worry about it - thus, i do not plan on conducting any military operations there.

The only thing i am interested in there is the Stalingrad region - handy access to the black sea and major trade routes to the rest of russia (Don & Wolga). This region is currently part of the territories of the Golden Horde.
NO ONE in europe will care about it if i start to nag on their territory - they are not christian, and they are hostile.