STGOD 2K8 mk. II OOC

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

I'll probably have a post up tonight, Ohma.

Feel free to object to any issues with it.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Dark, I ran the numbers on your pods and their Stealth rating is actually eleven; when you told me ten you forgot to add the +1 base after dividing the S by the other systems. You should note the rating in your ORBAT.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Tanasinn, I'd like to have The Company's raiders try and take some ISA shipping if that is OK with you. I was thinking of having 2 Wardog class Destroyers run into a formation of 2 Retreivers and a Megalodon. They would engage the ISA ships while two more Wardog class destroyers race to the battle. This sound interesting to you?
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Noted and updated Rogue nine.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

It sounds like it might be fun, Raj. The ISA's still semi-inactive (due to it not being nearly finished), but a tradeship skirmish couldn't hurt.
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Tanasinn wrote:It sounds like it might be fun, Raj. The ISA's still semi-inactive (due to it not being nearly finished), but a tradeship skirmish couldn't hurt.
Cool, I'll post the opening of the battle tonight.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Note that the carriers haven't left their stations, and the Enterprise is in the outer system, several AUs away. The three destroyers and the cruiser have 5C3 each, which won't pick up the pod unless they get right next to it, but it should give the crew a good scare, or at least that's the admiral's idea if there's anyone stalking the void out there.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Sorry, guys, that post will be up tomorrow.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

This is the pretty please let the Nashtari be gullible and think it's the satellite plan. The spy satellites have weak emissions but werent built to remain undetected when unfurled and in the presence of active scans so the spy satellite is a fix. now the Chamaran's have to hope the Nashtari fleet has a blindspot in detecting psionic phenomena so they continue thrusting for outsystem and a place to jump.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

They might fall for it for a little bit, but it won't take long to realize the thing didn't get there by itself.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

They know little about it other than its a cylinder with a large concave disc around one end, it could fit its own micro hyperdrive for all they know. But yeah it isnt going to fool them indefinitely, maybe for a bit though and that's what the Melodic silence is hoping for.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

:D

(That's been a favorite of mine for dealing with stealthships since STGOD4.)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Well the captain of the Raven certainly has the Company's number :D. Competent mercenary trash. I also like the fact that both commanders are ruthless dicks. Their little battle is liable to last a while. The company's ships can do 2 points of damage per turn and their defenses can mitigate .5 a turn to start with. THe ISA ships can do 2.4 damage a combat turn.

Turn Two: The company would have 8 base points left making their damage output about 1.6. The ISA ships would have 10 points left, so they can put out 2 damage.

Turn Three: The Company would have 6.5 points left, giving them 1.3 points of gamage output. The ISA would have 8.4 points left, giving them about 1.7 points of damage dealing capacity. During turn three I was thinking of having the remaining two Wardog Destroyers arrive.

Thoughts on this? Do we want to break damage down fractionally like this? I am currently rounding to the nearest tenth point for the skirmish.

Basically what this means that by the time The Company's two backup ships arrive, One Wardog will be seriously damaged one one Retreiever would be disabled if we are going to say are ships are concentrating fire. Of course, the commanders could also manauever the vessels to cover their comrades, ths spreading the damage between ships more evenly.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

All things considered, I don't mind if we do this down to the numbers or if we just play a "soft" battle. If you prefer one or the other, we can go with that.

If/when a certain cruiser-commanding fat-ass will turn up, it'll probably be some time after the arrival of the remaining two War Dogs. That is, if you don't have any objections to that.
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Ohma, there are no ships in-sight of your units. The "bait" are positioned at Dayab proper, and the main body of the mobile unit, obviously, isn't right in "sight."
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Tanasinn wrote:All things considered, I don't mind if we do this down to the numbers or if we just play a "soft" battle. If you prefer one or the other, we can go with that.

If/when a certain cruiser-commanding fat-ass will turn up, it'll probably be some time after the arrival of the remaining two War Dogs. That is, if you don't have any objections to that.
Soft works just fine for me as well, really :D . Just thought I'd break down the numbers as well in case we wanted to go that route. Lets just use te nukmbers as a guide for now I guess? The main thing for this battle is whether or not that cruiser shows up (which I leave to you), otherwise The Company will triumph, albeit with serious damage to some of their ships if they don't lose one altogether.
I also think it might be cool to have a boarding action on a disabled ship if possible, and then I can showcase what bastards the Company is by having their child soldier shock troops take the lead there.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Makes note: threatening to blow yourself up if they come near you does sometimes work.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Ok, I have been kinda out of it the past couple of weeks, can anyone/everyone send me some PMs about what is going on to get me up to speed. Thanks.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Tanasinn wrote:Ohma, there are no ships in-sight of your units. The "bait" are positioned at Dayab proper, and the main body of the mobile unit, obviously, isn't right in "sight."
Oh, whoops, in that case they're firing impotently towards Dayab. It's more a response to the transmission than an actual attack really. :oops:
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Darkevilme wrote:Makes note: threatening to blow yourself up if they come near you does sometimes work.
Oh, I briefly considered calling them on it, but decided that, given some of my current activities, blowing them out of the void would be a bad precedent to set. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

Raj Ahten wrote:
Tanasinn wrote:All things considered, I don't mind if we do this down to the numbers or if we just play a "soft" battle. If you prefer one or the other, we can go with that.

Soft works just fine for me as well, really :D . Just thought I'd break down the numbers as well in case we wanted to go that route. Lets just use te nukmbers as a guide for now I guess? The main thing for this battle is whether or not that cruiser shows up (which I leave to you), otherwise The Company will triumph, albeit with serious damage to some of their ships if they don't lose one altogether.
I also think it might be cool to have a boarding action on a disabled ship if possible, and then I can showcase what bastards the Company is by having their child soldier shock troops take the lead there.
Numbers as a guide are fine.

As for a boarding action, sure, feel free. I imagine you're mostly shooting to cripple, anyway.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Darkevilme wrote:Makes note: threatening to blow yourself up if they come near you does sometimes work.
Oh, I briefly considered calling them on it, but decided that, given some of my current activities, blowing them out of the void would be a bad precedent to set. :P
That would certainly of been an effective way to move the risk assessment on you out of limbo and to a final verdict. That verdict would of been that you just became number four.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

So who is on this list anyway? :twisted:
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Everyone.

Edit: Just kidding, actually only three nations are on the list at the moment.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Number four is fine with me; means your fleet's bled dry by the time I have to deal with it. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!