Space STGOD planning.(2k9)

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Re: Space STGOD planning.(2k9)

Post by Darkevilme »

There's space out on the edge for Raj and Karmic if they want to join. On the northern frontier above chamara and around Thalamasa.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Some ideas of the type of power I'm going to play. I’m going to go with a revolutionary government that recently overthrew a very aristocratic oligarchy. The oligarchs were big into gene manipulation of the populace and society was thus very stratified by wealth and genetics. Unfortunately for them, the purposely bred military types didn't like a bunch of aristocrats taking all the reigns of power, not to mention all the promotions. Meanwhile the workers and bourgeoisie were also fed up and everyone got to together to kick out the old order. The current government is a lot like revolutionary France and there is a big emphasis on tearing down the old institutions and leveling the playing field. This is not just social leveling: the government wants to level the genetic playing field as well, making "genetic choice" a big part of their platform. This means lots of people are experimenting with a wide variety of forms as they try to find better, or just more satisfying, lives through genetic retroviruses or modifications like feathers or better eyes.

The mood of the populace and some in power is to spread the revolution to the other biological nations, overthrow old ideas of what being “human” means and let them choose their own forms, as well as tossing out the Old Order. Of course aggressive AI’s or those that think they know what is best for biological beings might very well mean spreading the Revolution is problematic……

Edit:BTW just what are the benefits of trade, anyway? Is it just for fluff or does it increase production?
Thirdfain
The Player of Games
Location: Never underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State.

Post by Thirdfain »

Hmmm, interesting. Should be fun when they run into the weaponized strain of Homo Sapiens.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.
John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - )
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I think we should keep the Diplomacy thread open. It will serve as a forum for the various powers to grandstand and as a place to gain or expend political capital.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Dark Hellion wrote:I think we should keep the Diplomacy thread open. It will serve as a forum for the various powers to grandstand and as a place to gain or expend political capital.
But that what the main thread is for... Diplomacy is usually just the starter thread. You can grandstand and do your political capital thing in the game thread just as well...
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Yah, but it can get lost in the main thread very easily. Plus it is harder to confuse where action is occurring if we have one thread for the galaxy at large and one for the U.N. itself.
-GTO

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

By the way, I've now got partial control of two systems and am about to have partial control of a third. Does that increase production in any way? If not, expansion is a liability, rather than a goal.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I would think for the sake of realism that there is going to be some delay between simply taking a system and getting production from it.

You don't magically get money by parking ships above a planet.
-GTO

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

What does everyone think of me taking around 4 to 6 planets on the northwestern part of he map for my yet to be named revolutionary government? It's kind of out of the way but the other option, being near Thalamasa, doesn't exacly put me right up against the old human empires either. (Nor does it offer a great deal of space or back up jump points if a planet gets taken down) Thats what I get for coming in late; I get to be out in the rim with the AI's and aliens :wink: .

Edit:
The world's circled in green are where I'm thinking of setting up given the current map layout.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

The thick plottens!
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Image\

Sorry about the font, I used paint, poorly.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Hope ya dont mind being spread around a bit Karmic. I try to discourage 'all in one system' nations as they're bastard hard to successfully attack due to fleet concentration.

In other news regarding the main thread, oh dear...this development is mildly troubling, i do hope i wont have to take sides. It does promise to be most entertaining however so good show good show.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Oh dear. Is Karmic going to be expanding under one of my carrier battlegroups?
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Quite possibly, though if its a real problem i'll tack more stars on the map...again, in order to accomodate at least three systems without reality changing around your fleet Haven.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

It's not a huge deployment or anything, so if it comes down to it I can edit it out or something. Juts lemme know, I've got a reinforced light task force there.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Ahhhh, I love it when war-fabricating schemes don't go entirely to plan. :lol:

Though Dahak, I'm fairly certain it would be better form to let the people who just blew up respond to being blown up before your fleet just drops in; it would take time to marshal your forces and move them to the node, much more time than it would take for the Kaeleeri to act.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Dahak
Emperor's Hand

Post by Dahak »

Rogue 9 wrote:Ahhhh, I love it when war-fabricating schemes don't go entirely to plan. :lol:

Though Dahak, I'm fairly certain it would be better form to let the people who just blew up respond to being blown up before your fleet just drops in; it would take time to marshal your forces and move them to the node, much more time than it would take for the Kaeleeri to act.
Well, for one, there's light speed limit, so hearing from them would take time.
And secondly, no one said that the fleet was marshalled as a result, when in fact it was waiting on the other side for...action. He's not the only one who had a fabricated war in mind :P
Great Dolphin Conspiracy - Chatter box
"Implications: we have been intercepted deliberately by a means unknown, for a purpose unknown, and transferred to a place unknown by a form of intelligence unknown. Apart from the unknown, everything is obvious." ZORAC
GALE Force Euro Wimp
Human dignity shall be inviolable. To respect and protect it shall be the duty of all state authority.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Sorry this is taking so long. The internet ate one reply, and I've been having other computer trouble...
Conversion Table:

Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Master_Baerne wrote:None whatsoever. :)

(Note to self) Send missionaries to Nashtar. Missionaries, that's it. Not Hourglass spies, not even a little bit.
Okay. How many points did you spend on your missionaries?

Yeah, that's about what I thought. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

I have a bit up in the OOB thread now, soon details such as what planets I control and what the hell my military actualkly looks like will be on their as well. Please don't start too many wars without me! I haven't even gotten to ask my neighbors what their intentions are yet! :wink:
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

A question that's about to become relevant very quickly: What's everyone's positions on merchant vessels transiting the nodes in their territories? Particularly the players between Llaelar and Nashtar? :razz:

On a related note, Thirdfain, does the merchant passage agreement we discussed in the diplomacy thread extend to the 23rd Ouster as well, or just the 9th?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Rogue 9 wrote:A question that's about to become relevant very quickly: What's everyone's positions on merchant vessels transiting the nodes in their territories? Particularly the players between Llaelar and Nashtar? :razz:
Passage through Mahou Kikai space is prohibited. Cloaked ships found transiting MK space will be summarily destroyed.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well then, it's fortunate you're on the opposite side of known space. :razz: Though given that the rules have no mechanism for discovering cloaked ships...
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Merchants transiting Kaeleerian nodes pay a small fee either each time they do so, or a lager one for the right to do so at will. The license costs a great deal more and requires a backreound check, so it's mostly used by Kaeleerian citizens or those who do lots of business in the Star Kingdom
Conversion Table:

White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Intrigue's afoot on Unity Station. *poke*