SD.Net World(RAR!) MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tongdijuana City, Tongdijuana Province, Shinra Republic - Present Day

The governor of Tongdijuana Province was reflecting over the events of the past in his office, taking a break from his duties. Forty years ago, Tongdijuana had avoided the worst of the nuclear war, but had caught some of the effects of the Saddamistan bio-weapons attack. One of the victims had been Crown Prince Paul. The small city-state - most of the land back then had been vast jungle - had descended into anarchy.

Eventually, MESS peacekeepers had arrived and restored order. A military governor had been appointed five years later when the peacekeepers left, some general from the Shinra Republic. Ten years after that the Principality of Tongdijuana became Tongdijuana province. Fully recovered from the effects of the war, they had then decided to expand in a way the deceased King Paul had never dreamed of. Now, some twenty-five years later, they had three cities and some light manufancturing. Even their shipyards had started to produce light shipping, which helped bolster the Shinra Republic's economy.

The destroyer and three frigates had been taken into the service of the SRN - the frigates, in fact, had simply returned to their original flag - long ago, and had been retired.

The Shinra Republic mainland's difficult climb back to their former status was no doubt helped by Tongdijuana, a fact that was made possible by the pre-war cooperation between the Republic and the then city-state. Now they were officially one, and it was proving to be a good success for all concerned.

==================

1nm N of the former Grand Duchy of Baal

The SRS Warwolf, an old but still operating DDG took up their station. Forty years ago, the small country had been utterly destroyed by Saddamistan and her citizens all but wiped from the face of Nova Terra. Now the Warwolf had returned, chosen due to her name, to faciliate the 15 original suriviors from the Duchy. These 15 people, students who had been outside of the country and had managed to survive, were all that was left of Baal's citizens. And now they would set foot on their native land for the first time since that horrible day, the destroyer's helicopters providing their transport.

It was an emotional homecoming for these survivors. Baal had never been reinhabited, and the MESS had not allowed any outsiders to colonize the small island. As a result, only the effects of weather had rendered any changes to the ruins of the former nation. Indeed, they would be the first to set foot on the island since the search teams from Enderistan had been there in a futile search for survivors.

When they left, small tokens would remain, personal effects to their long dead families and loved ones. These small items were the only memorial that existed on the soil of the dead country.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

FORTY YEARS LATER

The body of King Arik Coyotus-I was laid to rest, in a state funeral with full honors. The man had reached the ripe old age of 80, and died just he was able to see the dawn of a new age int he People's Republic of Canissia.

He followed his wives Katerin, Jia, Shawna, and Isabelle into the ground; left now were only the youngest of the women he'd loved, Samira and Siobhan. Stooped and old now, their hair white with age, the last two survivors of the Original Kingdom set their flowers on the linen-wrapped body in the hole and sighed. They'd seen too much pain, agony, loss and death for tears anymore, and they knew that their time to follow the rest of their extended family was not long in the future.

Presiding over the family was High Priestess Nafrini Coyotus, the daughter of Arik and Samira. She was, at 43, still lovely despite the surgery done to deal with all the cancer. She was one of the top leaders among the priesthood of the New Dynasty.

Next to her stood King Antony Coyotus-II, son of Arik and Katerin, who now led the People's Republic of Canissia. He'd said his words, made his peace, and let his half-sister perform the rites that lay their mutual father to rest.

Interior Minister Chyou Coyotus, the daughter of Arik and Jia, clung to Cailin, daughter of Arik and Siobhan, and cried. Aitan, the handsome warrior son of Arik and Shawna, stood impassively, soaking up the words of his half-sister the Priestess with a stony visage that befit his impressive dress uniform. Across from him stood Tristan, son of Arik and Isabelle, and now the Defense Minister of Canissia.

"Our father believed in making a better world," Nafrini said, "A world that did not reflect the heartaches and old ways of his homeland; a world of pain and death. He believed that only the ignorant and foolish rushed to war; those who were untried by such horrors could not comprehend why it was a thing to avoid. He lived to see his predictions come true, but if there was one thing my father would have wanted more than anything else, it would have been to be proved wrong in this."

She looked around at the gathering; representatives were there from the MESS, the FUN, and other nations; some were there as a formaility-- a diplomatic ticket to punch-- but many were there as sincere friends, allies, and comrades.

"And so the cycle is complete," Nafrini said, saying the words that completed the Death Ceremony. She cupped a handful of earth and sprinkled it over the grave, the rest of the children followed suit, and the funeral party moved from the site so the gravediggers could attend the unglamorous task of covering the body of the King.

King Arik Coyotus-I was buried in a slightly more well-marked gravesite of the Canissian Military Cemertary, on a hill, with a low marble wall and markers with modest ornamentation. He'd not wanted gaudy or ostentatious mausoleums. He figured that being buried as a common soldier would be sufficient, but he allowd his daughter to talk him into the more fancy site because such a thing would be fitting for the people. It was what they expected; it was what they'd want, to hold their first King in reverence for what he wanted to do.

He was buried in the center, his six wives' plots clustered around him. Isabelle had been first, just a few years after the bombs, gone from thyroid cancer. Her passing had been mercifully fast, but excruciating. It had hit Arik hard, and he'd always been somewhat somber after her death. It was a couple years after that he passed on his throne to Antony.

Jia and Shawna passed ten years later, in quick succession, their own bodies ravaged by cancer and made weak and frail. Katerin had passed only a couple years ago, but even that hadn't been totally true, because she'd spent the last year hooked up to life support, drifting in and out of comas following he rown cancer treatments. Arik had painfully wavered between pulling the plug and not pulling the plug, knowing it was what she would have wanted but not being able to do it. Finally, with Antony at his side, they talked each other into it and did it together.

Arik had slid into depression for some time after that. He vacationed with Samira and Siobhan on the Royal yacht, travelling-- they were hale and hearty despite their ages, but a fire had gone out in Arik's eyes. When he started to "rest" more and more, slowing down and doing little more than reading, napping, and eating, it was evident that he welcomed the end.

He hung on for Samira and Siobhan, and to pass on what wisdom he could to his children, and to see healthy grandchildren being born of all of them. But when his last two wives quietly told him that he could lay down his burdens, he gratefully accepted, to die quietly in his sleep.

The land of Canissia had recovered fairly well during the last years of his reign and the first years of Antony's. Only the Northern Wasteland, thankfully shielded behind the mountain range to the north, was still a mess of anarchy and death. Neve Tikveh was being reclaimed, but the work was slow; King Anton Coyotus-II still ruled from the Summer Palace at Aerelon.

The land and people were rebuilding, and with regular airborne zeppelin patrols over Shepnukistan and Saddamistan, ruthlessly gunning down any survivors they saw, it was hoped that a stable future could someday be made for them all.
Last edited by Coyote on 2008-07-09 12:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:He approached the president with a smile and shook his hand. "It has been a long while since a Byzantine Emperor stepped foot on Shinra soil. Let the old Alliance and friendship between our two peoples be maintained, for as long as our two nations last."
President Shinra smiled. Yes, it felt good to welcome a foreign leader on a state visit again. While things would never be as they were before, this was a positive sign that life was improving.

"I am glad to hear of your commitment to the friendship your father formed with our Republic is strong. And rest assured, our friendship with your Empire, and its ruler, remains as strong as out spirits, which while battered were never broken by the acts of unspeakable evil forty years ago."

He could sense the old bitterness rising within him at that last mention of what had happened, but he fought it down. This was not the time. "Allow me to introduce my wife, Kamila. She was born in PeZookia and we met scant months before the war. Through sheer chance we wound up on the same hospital ship and were reunited. We fell in live, amidst the chaos and carnage of those dark days, a love that is still as strong as it ever was before." He smiled as he took his wife's hand. "We like to think of that as a sign that, even in the darkest of times, good can still exist in this world." He paused once more, and smiled once again. "Please, forgive the ramblings of an old man."

The Emperor of Byzantium smiled in return and shook his head. "You have nothing to apologize for. Your story was a good and strong one, and speaks to the strength and honor my father told me you possessed. Even during the horror of that war and all which followed, you and your wife could find some small measure of happiness in each other. Telling of such events should never be cause for apology."

"Thank you for your kind words, Your Majesty. And speaking of kindness, perhaps we could ride with you to PeZookia? Most of our transport aircraft that were destroyed in the war have not yet been replaced, and those that were have been worked hard since."
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

Present Day

The BAM A380AEW&C made its patrol rounds past Red Technocracy, its radar reaching far and wide and picking out anything that came within several hundreds of kilometers of Byzantium. This bird was only completed 5 years after the war, delayed by the changing priorities of the country back then. It was accompanied by a squadron of F-22s and a K-45 refueling aircraft. Much had been done to improve the radar range and processing capability of the BAM A380AEW&C. Of particular concern to the Imperial Byzantine Military was the fact that the hated Tonkin can taken refuge in Atlantis. Many had swore at the perfidious attack on Red Technocracy decades ago and it pained many that they couldn't intervene, what with the lingering fear that there were possible attacks on Byzantine soil and that there wasn't much the military could do to save their friends given what resources they had. In some ways, the penance was to send hundreds of rescue workers to Red Technocracy, along with construction vehicles, to help in the clean up and the reconstruction itself.

=========================================
Shinra Republic

"Indeed, I have prepared my plane for additional guests. Though many of the vineyards of Byzantium were ruined, we managed to save the seeds and spent years replacing the soil. I can assure you that Byzantine Wines are as good as they used to be, or so some of my older advisers tell me," the Emperor gave a wry smile.

The Emperor showed President Shinra to the dining room. "This is my wife, Empress Constantius." The Empress smiled as the President gave her hand a kiss.

"Hello my Lady, I trust you are well?"

"Well enough, thank you," smiled the Empress. "How are you dear?" The Empress greeted Kamilia who responded with a blush and smile. "Come along dear, let the men do their talking." The Empress led Kamilia to her room.

The waiter brought them both glasses of wine. The Emperor sighed, "The Byzantine Empire was pretty chaotic after the attack. We may have been relatively unscathed, save for that stray nuclear missile from Neverhood that exploded near Nicae. In some ways, ... sigh.. my father was always sad that he couldn't do much for Red Technocracy, especially with regard to the IRT vengeance attack. He sent as many teams as he could to deal with the disaster there." He drank his wine. "I guess for most of my childhood, I saw him ever on the study desk with his advisers trying to plan the reconstruction and what not and it pained him to see that his citizens were either revolting, or starving. We only began to bounce back 10 years ago, with our industry returning to 65% of prewar levels, and poverty finally started to fall. But the collapse of trade hit us hard. The Byzantine Empire has always thrived on trade. It was our lifeblood. It will take decades before trade returned to pre-war levels."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

1 year after the War…

The two A-6Gs came screaming over the barricaded factory in Las Cruces, togather they dropped 23 1,000lbs bombs on the target. The smoke rose high over the small town, and panning out you could see NG troops fighting their way into the city center.

With the command post gone the rebels quickly folded.

Davis sighed and turned off the video.

How many more are going to die? The death toll since the start of the war had reach 7 million, 600k from the smallbola plague that had finally burned out. Another 50,000 just from the NG putting down rebellions in cities not recognizing the authority of the Federal Government. The rest came from famine and "ordinary" disease and famine.

Coming up on the one third mark…

Enderistani and Shroom food shipments had helped, of course, the the "nuclear autumn" had cause crop failures on a global scale.

The Enderstani Ambassador, Admiral Von Krusier nodded at him from across the conference table.

"It was a hard call to make, but you made the right one."

Davis sighed again. He knew damn well the reason why they were getting as much aid as they did was the fact that the research facilities part of the Midland Missile Complex had came through the war intact. Already the Tokamak 2 was coming periliously close to the break-even point.

"There seems to be a lot of hard calls to make lately."

"No doubt."

You bastard. Davis thought. You came through without a scratch…

Not that there weren't a lot of countries worse off than the LSR. Garner was the dictator of a wasteland, stretching up to what was left of Landover. The RT had been hammered worse than the LSR, although the civil defense in that country had proved to be more robust.

Still, the question remained. Why did the UAR do it? He remembered the wargaming the NSC did with it's counterparts in the MESS, but it was plans for the sake of plans, nothing was ever ordered from above.

The oil was flowing once again, and money was gradually re-entering the economy. The Government, even a year later, was struggling to maintain a form of deterrence towards the 800lbs gorillia in the room, the UKB. But 12 land-based NPGM-1s weren't a whole lot.

Still, we will endure…

12 years after the nuclear war

19 Million citizens of the LSR, out of a pre-war population of 33 million, were left. But, there was reason to celebrate, the past year had seen a slight growth of population.

The other reason was the success, after so many years of work, of a controlled, self-sustaining fusion reaction. Davis raised the glass of Champagne(Enderstani, of course) and drank to…victory?

The first REAL fusion plant would be built in Enderistan, of course.

The LSR would never again play a leading role on the world stage.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

SUMMER PALACE, AERELON, CANISSIA
After the Royal Burial

The mood in the Summer Palace was surprisingly chipper, all things considered. Familiar faces were there for the post-funeral reception; old friends such as Rufus Shinra, Emperor Heraclitus V, Emperor Shady... the Lonestar Republic President, William Davis, himself quite elderly...some even said that Prime Minister Shroom was there, but no one could exactly remember where or when they saw him, only that they were sure he'd been right there talking to them, next to the hors d'ouvres, which he insisted were called "whores d'ouvres".

"Let's face it," King Anton Coyotus-II readily admitted, "My father was ready to go. He'd worked to build the Republic up, seen it all come crashing down because of those madmen, then worked hard to rebuild it all, while taking th elosses hard. And watching his family die, one by one, in pain," he said, with a somber, distant look in his eye.

Antony Coyotus-II looked a lot like his father; only his blond hair and blue eyes, from his mother, marked him differently. Like his father he'd served for years in the military, and risen to be a combat helicopter pilot in the Army.
"No," he said, relaxing in his throne and raising a glass of delicious port in salute, "My dad was ready to go. He'd seen and done and endured enough."
"Hear, hear," his half-brother, Aitan, said, raising his own glass in salute. Soon, everyone in the room was drinking a toast to the now-dead King.

Anton leaned back in his chair, the Southern Throne it was called by some. He laughed and talked about his dad, and about growing up in post-holocaust Canissia, struggling to rebuild. A bond was shared by his siblings, and none of them regretted their current positions. Some had thought that Aitan wanted the throne for himself, but he found being a General to be "enough of a pain in the ass".

Nearby, Cailin-- bright red hair contrasting sharply with her severe dark suit and skirt-- kept scanning the crowd for more familiar faces. Anton could not help but smile.

"Relax, little sister," he said, "You're not on duty now, remember?"
"Force of habit," Cailin said, a self-conscious smile crossing her face. It brought attention to her freckles, something that she always felt slightly embarassed about. "I'll try to relax," she promised, but Anton knew that his little sister, now head of the SPS, probably had at least two guns, a carbon-filament knife, and a garrote on her even now.

The post-funeral reception had become something of a party. The guests were hesitant at first, but Anton assured everyone that his father would want to be remembered for the fun and joy he'd tried to bring to the world, not with grief and tears.

"Live life as my father would have wanted," he said, "There are hot tubs on every floor, a pool, I think we even have some chocolate pudding mix somewhere," he said with a wink. "And most of the rooms have faux-bearskin rugs..."
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Somewhere Else...

"Wake up! Rise and shine, sleepyhead!"

Lonestar's eye peered open.

"Oh, Christ." He said, when he saw who was looking down on him.

"Not quite!" Q said cheerfully. "I assure you, you are quite dead though!"

"Am I in...Hell?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"Well, it appears that I'm going to be spending my afterlife with you..."

Q chuckled.

"No, a more reasonable approximation of Hell would be Terra Nova."

"Terra...The LSR! Everyone...."

"Bill Davis has taken over, and he's running the country as best as he can. Bringing a bit order to it."

"I...I need to go back."

"No can do." Q snapped his fingers, and suddenly there was a battered TV with rabbit ears playing a news story. The picture was scratchy, like it was fighting interference, but the ticker was saying that Lonestar's remains had been found and were going to buried at Texas A&M.

"At best they'll think you're a loony, it will screw up the game, see? You're dead to the public and didn't cheat about it beforehand like that shotgun-toting gentlemen with the nuclear mania did."

Lonestar sighed, and looked up. All there was was white. For some damn reason he thought there would be a ceiling, or clouds, or something.

"So?"

"So what?"

Lonestar was getting annoyed.

"So? What happens now?"

"Well, you have a few options. I snatched your...for want of a better term, 'soul' out as you died, so you're in a holding pattern at the moment. You can either move on and you'll get your reward, choose to accept oblivion and that's that, or, we play another round."

"My reward? Like, Heaven or Hell?"

"Mmmhmm."

"Which one?"

"I can't say...but for what it's worth...the odds of anyone going to heaven are very slim at this point. Although the conditions in Hell are getting better at the moment."

"What are you talking about?"

Q snapped his fingers again, and a 42 inch LCD screen appeared. FOXNEWS was on it.

"Coalition forces were attacked in Hell earlier today by several legions, at one point the Russian contingent was nearly overwhelmed before chemical weapons were deployed..."

The anchorwoman went mute and there were signs of battle...Of Russian tanks. In what very well could be Hell.

"What were the other two options?"

"Oblivion...or another round of the Game."

"Let's do another round."

"Alright. Let's spin the wheel one more time..."

FINIS LSR
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Royal Palace, Ashford City
Present Day

Lelouch Lamperouge, still handsome at 62 years of age, stared intently at the statue of Mikuru Asahina sitting on his desk.

Both he and little Mikuru had been through a lot over the past four decades. Fallout from Canissia immediately after the war had rendered the entirety of western Langley uninhabitable; while agriculture and human habitation had been reestablished in the area for the past twenty years already, the cities were still being rebuilt, and the military was still in the process of rehabilitating its former bases in the area. A stray Saddamistani plague balloon had landed in Ashford one year after the war ended, unleashing Saddam Special Smallbola on the hapless population of the city; quick action on the National Police's part to quarantine the city, combined with copious medical aid from Shroomania and other nations, ensured that only 1,259 died instead of the entire city's population. Trickles of refugees from Shepnukistan and the Incorporated Republic of Tonkin came in on and off for the next five years or so after the war; if it wasn't for the fact that some of those "refugees" were carrying military equipment with them (all told, about twenty-four F-22 Raptors, eighteen F-114F Tomcats, six EF-114F Growlers, twelve C-130J Super Hercules, four KC-10 Extenders, four KC-767s, four E-767s, three P-8 Poseidons, three Arleigh Burke class destroyers, three Ticonderoga class cruisers, several cargo ships full of M1A2 Abrams, M2A3 Bradleys, and other army materiel, and even a single Boeing E-4B, all in various states of disrepair), Lelouch and his friends would have simply turned them away and left them at the mercy of a vengeful world.

While all this free equipment was obviously seen as a boon, Langley's military budget shot up considerably due to various fees brought upon by the equipment impounded from the Shepnukistani and IRT defectors. In order to offset these costs and as a show of good faith to its comrade in the FUN, the Langley Air Force donated its Yak-130s and HAL Tejas, along with all their associated equipment, to the PeZookian military. The AT-45s the LAF had ordered from Tian Xia managed to arrive, albeit a few years late. After finally paying New Patria for permanent ownership of the F-16s loaned to them years ago, the LAF then turned to Shroomania's Schrom Corporation, which refitted them as F-16XLs and installed Block 60 avionics in them. No new acquisitions were made after that, as the Langley Armed Forces sought to refurbish, upgrade, and maintain its current stocks. Much of the heavier equipment, namely the Burkes and Ticos, was not ready for service until a full two decades after the war, due to a lack of trained crews and the effort required to fully restore them to operational status. The Langley Navy's old E-2C Hawkeyes became E-2Ds, and the Army and Marine Corps' AH-1W SuperCobras became AH-1Z Vipers. One of the ex-IRT C-130Js became an EC-130J Commando Solo, and with the retirement of the Air Force's lone MC-130H Combat Talon (which was then proudly displayed at a museum in Ashford), two more C-130Js were modified to take its place; the remaining C-130J not already modified or attached to a transport squadron became a VIP transport for use by the Royal Family.

For the first two decades or so of the post-war period, Langley skirted the edge of famine; Langley's agricultural sector collapsed due to the radiological contamination of West Langley, where the majority of the nation's arable land was located. Food prices skyrocketed, and despite the best efforts of the National Police, riots broke out in Ashford and other cities; however, massive importation from Shroomania and the UKB saved the nation from death by starvation, and it remained dependent upon them for food until West Langley was resettled.

Subsequently, most of Langley's other industries found themselves crippled by the state of near-famine that dominated the post-war period. Even though much of its infrastructure had been spared the nuclear flame, the Langley shipbuilding industry constantly found itself wracked by workers' strikes; the aviation sector fared no better, either. No amount of Abrams, Raptors, or Ticos could prevent Langley's soldiers, pilots, and sailors from complaining vocally about thinning and substandard rations; while not enough to spur them towards mutiny, morale remained low and resentment remained high until the first Shroomanian and UKB food shipments arrived. It was not until West Langley was resettled that the tempers of Langley's workers were themselves settled; with the reestablishment of agriculture, Langley's economy managed to stabilize at last, and from there it had nowhere else to go but up.

Langley's various entertainment industries were perhaps the only ones to make it through with minimal disruption of their operations. People wanted something, anything to take their minds off their rumbling stomachs and the civil strife that surrounded them, and they immediately found their much-needed solace in television, movies, and games. Anime and its associated merchandise were the opiates of choice for Langley's populace; original works were proudly showcased alongside such classics as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and (ironically) Code Geass, and kids were eager to gobble up plushies, action figures, and model kits as rapidly as they did their food when it was available. Live-action was not to be outdone; Langley's most talented directors and actors produced multitudes of successful films and TV series under the patronage of Shroomania's MacMillan Media Pictures. For instance, one such Langley-made film, the action comedy porno Messy Genitals, won several Nova Terra Academy Awards in 2027, and the Langley-produced TV series Fist of the Lone Star and Hivemaster: Swarm Wars saw great success and won many awards during their respective runs. Langley's fledgling game studios soon became renowned for the excellent quality of their products; Langley-made games such as Battlefield 2022: Secret Weapons of Saddamistan, Fungal Force versus the Atomic Republic, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Coilerburg, Zablania Killbot Frenzy, Grand Theft Auto: Republic of Mangka Stories, the Saddam and Sheppard series (most notably Saddam II: Scud Storm and Sheppard Tactics: Trinity of Thorium), The Domination of Haruhi Suzumiya, Code Geass: Eye of the Storm, and Fate/cobalt ataraxia were fixtures in many gamers' libraries.

As for Lelouch himself, fate had been particularly cruel to him and his family. Clovis had contracted Super Saddam Smallbola and died thirty-nine years past. Last year, Schneizel died of a massive heart attack at the age of seventy-three. Cornelia and Nunnally had both been in particularly poor health for the better part of a decade now. Still, Lelouch soldiered on. He still had his friends with him; Kallen still looked good in her Royal Guard uniform even though she was the same age as Lelouch, and Shirley and Milly didn't look too bad either. Much of the Langley Armed Forces' old guard was still around; though they had long since stepped down from the Joint Chiefs, Marshal Todo and his companions could still be relied upon for advice and strategy.

As Lelouch contemplated the Mikuru statue, a familiar song came on the radio: "Sakura" by Nirgilis. In a fit of rage, he grabbed the Mikuru statue and threw it at the radio before collapsing against the desk, panting profusely. Though it was obviously not the performers' original intent, their lyrics had taken on a different, much darker intent for Lelouch and the other denizens of Nova Terra. "Sayonara falling love," indeed.
Last edited by Shinn Langley Soryu on 2008-07-11 04:04am, edited 7 times in total.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Someone wondered how, when he was essentially a nice guy, bi-polar, but essentially a nice guy, had people struck at him so violently. He had out of principal limited himself to non-nuclear, and mostly unfeasable ways of fighting.

Still there were things that had survived, and rebuilt, it was the nature of life. jokes had been that at one point that the attacks on the civilian centers of the north had actually achieved one nice dividend, it had killed the senate, and the majority of the population of lawyers and ad men.

Somewhere a misenthropic, curmudgeonly creature was sleeping again, as he had for the majority of the last 40 years. Rather cute of Q. to give him the ability to Hibernate, and while sleeping he didn't age, and somewhat recovered.

Meanwhile small groups met, The republic's underground shelters, and small coastal communities had a tenuous connection, but something deep in the desert below a black volcanic glass ruin still hummed with un-natural life. It's official name had been the Republic's Advanced Engineering and Applied Sciences computer, in Minas Morgûl, nicknamed in the time of 40 years ago "Witchking", It wasn't sentient no, it was just now a library of old information. Now it had servants though, priests of the sacred "New Library" it's function was to gather information, it's children believed that Knowledge was Power. They would bring their sacred god the "Computer" out from it's slumber and into awakening. They were the Servants of Deus Ex Machinma.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

10 years before

The economy finally reached a steady state situation, humming and supplying the country with goods and people were buying them. The economy might be only 65% of what it was, but Emperor Heraclius IV was satisfied. He had done the better part of the last 3 decades building up much of the underground farms, restored order to the cities, and as fortune would have it, the industries and the knowledge to maintain them still remained and now humming. Scientific research slowed down somewhat, but progress was still made, and the Emperor's pet projects were gaining traction. Work was now done to replicate Red Technocracy's rocket factories and the fusion reactor project that Byzantium and Bear Republic were collaborating on was finally gaining traction with construction ongoing in Anatolia. The reactor should be complete next year.

But the Emperor was old. His son had been co-Emperor for the last few years. His son had finished his PhD in Physics, and now was taking over the reins of the Empire. The Emperor felt worn by all the years of hard work and now he slept on his chair.

And never again did he wake up from his slumber.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-07-11 03:49am, edited 1 time in total.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Astoria International Airport, today

Astoria was being rebuilt, but work was slow. Workers were shipped in from all PeZookia to participate, and slowly the great city returned to life - stronger than before.

The airport, however, was left neglected, due to the slump in air travel. The runways fell into disrepair, and it was no longer than ten years ago that the terminal and runway was restored enough so that it could take large transport airplanes.

And today, for the first time in decades, an official foreign delegation would arrive in Astoria. Paul was there - old, but still in good shape - and had an honor company of the reformed military.

The massive An-225 landed, bringing the spectators an incredible sight. Many of them have never seen an airplane at all, and something so massive was an awesome experience indeed.

Paul met President Shinra and the Emperor on the tarmac.

"Welcome to PeZookia, ladies and gentlemen.", he said, kissing the hands of the ladies and greeting both men, "Kamila, I'm glad to see you're well. How are the grandkids? Doing well at school?"

"Emperor, I trust your first visit to our country will go smoothly. I'm glad to see the son of Emperor Heraclius in such good health. Your father was a great friend of PeZookia and mine personally as well."

Paul was all smiles and warmth, but inside, he was still a tired old man. Nevertheless, he would do his duty - untill the end.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Farbanti, Shroomania
Today...

The gifts of the Fungal Fusion Fields were plentiful. The night skies were lit up, not by the release of atomic energy, but nonetheless by power derived from the great generators. Power was diverted to massive holograms.

Advertisements were projected into the sky by the MacMillan Megacorporation.

The Off World Colonies Are Waiting!

The zeppelin sky-catamaran beamed out images of ShroomStation Selene, amongst other great sights.

Go Now And Enjoy A New Life!

A New Life Awaits You At The Off World Colonies!

Amidst these artificial skylit sceneries were the smokestack spires - vast chimneys belching forth fire into the sky.

Below them were the innumerable proles - the Shroomanians drunk on the numbing effect of Prozium. Ever since the holocaust, that the only way to stay sane - the suppression of human emotions.

They trudged on, striding with a new purpose given to them by their great leader. The purpose of life - to live out every day despite the death that had surrounded them all in the last forty years of the New World.

Those that had not taken the Prozium had fallen to chaos - such as the Peripheries of the FUN. The Duchies... the island nations, those places ravaged by the UAR. Even in Shroomania, places like San Salvacion and Wiapolo and Tauberg - where the nukes had hit - were not free of the contamination.

There were the plagues. The smallbola, the mutagens. Rumors of hideous creatures in Coilerburg evolving airborne strains of their contagion...

The civil strife that had befallen the world for so long had given this inheritance of iniquity to the succeeding generations. A legacy of war and strife.

The still-omnipresent telescreens began displaying other adverts, contrasting with the optimism of the promises of a new life in the off-world colonies the sky-catamarans projected into the clouds.

The world is in chaos... the War-Economy must go on!

And Liquid Ironbeef needs your help!

Protect the peace with the might of MacMillan Megacorporation's marvelous machines!

Go to new places! Meet interesting people - and kill them!

Dark LIQUIIIID!

Would You Like To Learn More?

The telescreens droned on and on.

No one listened. They just continued living - if their lives could be called that.

For some, it was the last thing left in the New World.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shadow Empire, Present Day

Deep within Temple Prime the Insane God Emperor Shady was working on his latest insane project. He would kill Death itself. He would become a real God.

And for that purpose he had acquired a nuclear bomb.

"Yes, it is working."

"What is?

"Shut up, I must concentrate!"

"Why?"

"I told you to shut the fuck........"

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

FORTRESS FARBANTI
The ShroomSphere data-net...

MINITRUTH

+ ShroomSEES detect massive radiological initiation in Central Sea Region - within territorial designation sector: SHADOW +

+ Begin immediate information suppression of public datasphere - calculated effect of should information circulate include: 1. mass panic, 2. furthering of anarchy within duchies, island nations, and Shroomanian mainland, 3. breakdown of civil order, 4. undermining of beneviolent regime - incident information must not be allowed to disseminate within key territories +

+ Commence
THOUGHT CONTROL protocols on populace +

+
MINITRUTH will divert assets to ascertain cause of incident within sector: SHADOW - information will be selectively disseminated with discretion to selected FUN, MESS and UKB entities +

MINIPEACE

+ Raise military alert level to primary defensive phase within all territories +

+ Begin immediate damage control procedures in designated sector:
SHADOW +

+ Ascertain whether incident was due to hostile intent, or due to accidental factors - and prepare for appropriate responses +

+ Assure relevant
FUN, MESS and UKB entities that incident was not caused by Shroomania - further unnecessary incidents must be prevented at all cost to ensure no further loss of assets +

+ Anticipate optimum outcome +

+ Prepare for worst-case scenario +

MINILOVE

+ MINILOVE will aid MINITRUTH and MINIPEACE in data acquisition through appropriate means within disposal +

+ Dissident aggressors of
UAR, IRT origin, extraction and heritage will be thoroughly processed for information +

+ Begin refurbishing of Room 101's amenities +

MINIPLENTY

+ Commence damage assessment, prepare to compensate for the loss of sizable sector: SHADOW industrial assets +

+ Coordinate with
MINIPEACE to ensure safety of all remaining assets to ensure continued maximum productivity +

+ Reroute food rations and all other resources bound for sector:
SHADOW and redistribute to other developing areas including sectors: PEZOOKIA, REDTECH, CANISSIA, and LANGLEY as sector: SHADOW no longer has use for designated materials +

+ MINITRUTH + MINIPEACE + MINILOVE + MINIPLENTY will relay all information to the PRIME MOVER and will comply with any and all inputs and course corrections +

+ Until
PRIME MOVER indicates otherwise - all current protocols will be enacted +

+ Last contact and inputted course correction was dated at
MARCH 23, 2029 +
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-07-12 11:36am, edited 1 time in total.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

The Emperor Komnenos I smiled and shook King Paul's hand. "And I certainly hope that Byzantium remains ever a steadfast friend of PeZookia. How goes your realm? I believe there's an imperative need to revive FUN. With most of your powerhouses knocked out, what remains is to... restore some sanity to .. Shroomania. Certainly we can hope to revive the old space program, though I must first say that Byzantium is looking in the near term to just maintain its military and research some new weapons, I think I have a few billion to spare to restore some of the old launch platforms and rocketry. Perhaps over the next few years, we can get back launching things back into space. Plus, that fusion research reactor has been humming along and is ready to go to the next stage of development. We'd be happy to share the research and get back to restoring old trade ties and so forth."
Kreia
WesFox13
Padawan Learner

Post by WesFox13 »

Nova Seattlum, Vulpesia. 2051
Wesley Montgomery, now at age 63 was walking down the street of his capital. He still had his full head of blond hair although it was beginning to gray a bit. He was still skinny. He was wearing a buttoned up shirt with tan colored, kacki pants. He also had brown shoes on and he walked with a cane that had a silver fox's head on it. He sat down on a bench and remembered that day, during the war.

Fourty Years ago
Wesley was looking at the news reports as he was hiding in his bunker underneath his home. The rest of his citizens were crammed into Bunkers placed throughout Vulpesia. However the explosions there were expecting never came, They waited 3 hours then 6 then 12, no explosions or rumbles came from their bunkers. After 48 hours Wesley along with his people were released when the "ALL Clear" signal was given. The people and Wesley himself were astonished and relieved that Vulpesia was untouched by the war. Wes looked up at the sky and smiled a bit. He then thought, "Damn, We were lucky.".
Wesley then stoped remembering the past and looked out to sea. He smiled and said, "Yeah, we were damned lucky.".
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

Designation: Libertarian Left (Social Democrat/Democratic Socialist)
Alignment: Chaotic-Good
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Royal Palace, Ashford City

Lelouch sat at his desk and stared forlornly at the articles laying on it. The Mikuru statue which he fixed after tossing it at the radio a few days ago, an old picture of him with Kallen, Shirley, and Field Marshal Kururugi, another picture of him with his wife, today's copy of The Ashford Times (in the news: Shadow Empire obliterated by nuke), a loaded Colt M1911A1...

Lelouch sighed and buried his face in his palms. In the northern expanses of Nova Terra, he was the only member of the old guard left standing. He was there in person to say goodbye when General Secretary Stanislav put himself in cryogenic sleep two decades ago. He had been there for the funerals of Emperor Heraclius IV and King Arik Coyotus-I and four of his consorts. Only a few of his friends and colleagues from the pre-war era remained, and they were quickly succumbing to old age and/or insanity.

After contemplating the Colt for a while, Lelouch pressed a button on his trusty intercom. "Everyone, pack up," he said, his voice just as firm and commanding as it was four decades ago. "We're going to PeZookia." With that, he rose from his chair, picked up his cane, and stashed the pistol in his holster. It had been years since he last made a non-funeral-related state visit, and above all else, he just wanted to be with his old friends one last time.

===============

Somewhere in North Nova Terra...

While the wastelands of northern Nova Terra provided a bountiful harvest of scrap metal, military hardware, and other durable goods, only the most foolhardy dared to risk the deadly amounts of radiation exposure involved in order to claim these tantalizing prizes. Much of the protective measures and equipment required to move some of the larger stuff were well beyond the means of the typical junk merchant; at best, they could only scrounge bits and pieces from the rubble before the risk of death from radiation poisoning forced them to withdraw. That had been the case for the first two decades of the post-war period.

Now, forty years after the war, with much of the risk presented by cobalt-60 fallout now a fraction of what it once was, the Langley Armed Forces was already reaping the harvest. While confident that the radiation risk was now negligible (West Langley was inhabitable again, after all), they refused to take chances; scouts in NBC gear carrying Geiger counters and riding around in rad-shielded KAMAZ trucks were sent ahead of the main salvage force to determine the safety of the areas first before deciding to continue further operations. As a precaution, C-130Js, An-22As, and Orlyonoks were all thoroughly scrubbed down after returning from the North, and their cargoes were securely shipped to offshore facilities for further decontamination and analysis. From the Neverhood to Tonkin, they scoured the wastes, picking up anything they thought was useful or interesting. Whatever could be refurbished was either co-opted by the Langley military, donated to other nations for their use, or sold on the civilian market; everything else wound up in museums all throughout Nova Terra, stark reminders of the cobalt cataclysm that nearly destroyed the whole world.
Last edited by Shinn Langley Soryu on 2008-07-11 04:06am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Trade re-opened with other nations via the floating cities of "Basin" and "Rapture"....

now there were many computer systems, in addition to "The Library" there were computers in other cities. S.H.O.D.A.N. in Rapture; O.R.W.E.L.L. in the former prison of Albatross Island; H.A.L. in underground farm Alpha Complex; T.Y.C.H.O. in the new military base (roll for initiive).

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

New Patria - Present Day

The Kingdom of New Patria had had a problem. While it had survived the war almost completely untouched, that left it with just about the most potent military on the entire planet - for it had a large number of Evolved-Nikes, Firefoxes, and it's trump card - 3 250kt nukes and 6 50kt nukes. New Patria had made one rule - stay away or you will die. And thus, over the years New Patria became one of the few places where life went on. Food, while not as plentiful as it was during the pre-war years, was still there (and safe), and the cars (which were now either LNG, H2, or Electric) still ran.

As King Marius - now safe to even announce his own name - looked out over his nation from his fortress between the mountains of Solace and Solitude, he thought....

Yes. Yes I severed my people well.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

Ten years before

With the Death of the Emperor, there was an immediate sitting of the Senate in Constantinople. The Son of Heraclius IV, Benedict, came to the Senate to address everyone. The moment Benedict walked in, the Senate cheered and proclaimed, "Ave Imperator! Long Live Heraclius IV! Felicior Augusto, melior Traian!"

Benedict waved everyone and bid them sit down. "Yesterday, my father, may the Lord bless his soul, returned home. As he willed, the throne of the Byzantine Empire is now passed to me, the 85th Emperor since Constantine the Great. I hearby take the name of Komnenos I, the birthname of one the most illustrious Emperors that ruled the Empire."

The Senate gave the Emperor a standing ovation, proclaiming, "Ave Imperator Komnenos I!"

The Emperor smiled and nodded. "Though the Senate has been relegated to an advisory role, I would remind you that I still need your assistance to rule the Empire. May our relationship be fruitful as always as it was when my father ruled. Let the Military commanders come in."

The Military commanders came in. They were the senior commanders of Air Force, Navy and Army. Raising their hands, they said, "Ave Imperator! We pledge our allegiance to you, and swear to defend you, the Church and the Empire from the Empire's enemies!"

The Emperor nodded. What was now needed, was to ensure his father was buried appropriately and the invitations sent. Byzantium would fly any leader that wishes to attend the funeral.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Astoria, present day

"Yes", said Paul, and for a moment, lost himself in thought, "I have long dreamed to return to the glorious days of old, when we though we may accomplish great things...and Shroomania is necessary for that. I have an...interesting RIS report for both of you to read, in fact."

Paul walked with both national leaders, leisurely handling his elegant walking stick. He didn't really need it - for a 65 year old living in a post-nuclear world, he was surprisingly healthy - but it made him look more stately, and came well together with the gray hair and the wrinkles.

The delegation boarded a limousine - a 50-year old one, in fact - the same one which Emperor Heraclius used during his visit to the country so long ago. It was still in good shape, lovingly maintained throughout the years.

There was a woman there, in her fifties, wearing a military uniform with RIS insignia. A Brigadier General, in fact. She handed briefing folders out to everyone present.

"Thank you, general Kulinska.", Paul said and opened his copy, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is a comprehensive report on the state of Shroomania as of the present day, composed by RIS officers during the last two years. You will see the information within is...surprising. I would especially advise you to read section IV, 'On government structures'."
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

DEATH AND REBIRTH: A PICTORIAL STORY OF NOVA TERRA AFTER THE WAR

Now on display at the Ashford City Museum of Art!

[NOTE: Date photograph was taken is in parentheses. Photographer credits are in brackets; for military personnel, given rank is as it was at the time the photograph was taken.]

DUCHY OF LANGLEY, SHEPNUKISTAN, AND NORTHERN NOVA TERRA

(2013) An Incorporated Republic of Tonkin F-114F Tomcat in its original colors at NAS Ayanami Island after its crew defected to Langley. [Lieutenant Colonel Lunamaria Hawke, Langley Air Force]

(2017) An ex-IRT F-114F in Langley Air Force colors accompanies a Red Technocracy Tu-95 Bear on maritime patrols over the North Sea. [Major Patrick James Beckett, Langley Air Force]

(2025) A Langley Air Force F-16XL Fighting Falcon flies alongside an unmodified F-16C. [Colonel Patrick James Beckett, Langley Air Force]

(2052) A Langley Air Force F-22 Raptor and KC-10 Extender, both formerly belonging to Shepnukistan, conduct refueling exercises. [2nd Lieutenant Neil Dylandy, Langley Air Force]

(2012) The defecting Shepnukistani Arleigh Burke class destroyer Halsey is towed to Naval Station Katsuragi Gulf after taking damage from a Red Technocracy Tu-95 Bear attack. [Ensign Sumeragi Lee Noriega, Langley Navy]

(2032) A Langley Senator gives a speech during the recommissioning ceremony of the Halsey, which was rechristened as Jun Fukuyama. [Commander Sumeragi Lee Noriega, Langley Navy]

(2032) Langley Navy officers board the ex-Shepnukistani Arleigh Burke class destroyer Spruance, recommissioned as Takahiro Sakurai. [Commander Sumeragi Lee Noriega, Langley Navy]

(2052) The Ticonderoga class cruiser Johnny Yong Bosch (ex-Leyte Gulf) and the Arleigh Burke class destroyers Yukana (ex-Kidd) and Takahiro Sakurai participate in exercises in the Gulf of Lamperouge. [Vice Admiral Sumeragi Lee Noriega, Langley Navy]

(2032) A civilian stands outside the cordon that once separated the city of Stadtfeld from the rest of Langley. [Alyx Valenzuela, The Ashford Times]

(2032) Decaying high-rises in Ramius. [Alyx Valenzuela, The Ashford Times]

(2032) The Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Center in north Shepnukistan. Note the massive formations of F-4 Phantom IIs. [2nd Lieutenant Nicole Hendrikse, Langley Air Force]

(2033) Derelict Boeing 707s at ShepAMARC. Enough parts were located to restore two of the aircraft; the remaining fuselages have since been offered for sale as spare parts or scrap. [Captain Amanda Lee, Langley Army]

(2033) A mothballed UH-1 Iroquois and a multitude of F-4 Phantom IIs at ShepAMARC. The UH-1 was rebuilt as a UH-1Y Venom and handed over to the Langley Marines as a VIP helicopter ("Marine One"); many of the Phantoms were donated to museums all over Nova Terra, with the remainder interned by the Langley Air Force for possible reactivation. [Captain Amanda Lee, Langley Army]

(2033) Derelict B-1B Lancers at ShepAMARC. Several Lancers were donated to museums all over Nova Terra; the whereabouts of the other airframes are currently classified. [Captain Amanda Lee, Langley Army]

(2033) Mothballed F-4 Phantom IIs at ShepAMARC. Several mothballed C-130 Hercules can be seen in the background. [Captain Amanda Lee, Langley Army]

(2033) A Shepnukistani M1A2 Abrams destroyed by a Red Technocracy air strike during the middle of the war. Wreckage is now on display at the Red Technocracy War Museum. [Captain Amanda Lee, Langley Army]

(2034) A Langley Army Humvee has difficulty crossing a river in central Shepnukistan. [Captain Amanda Lee, Langley Army]

(2052) Lance Corporal Kevin Hatcher poses for the camera with his M1117 Guardian ASV as he takes a break from salvage ops in Tonkin. [2nd Lieutenant Catherine Davis, Langley Marine Corps]

(2052) Langley Marines use the deserted coastline of Vedra to conduct amphibious assault exercises. [2nd Lieutenant Catherine Davis, Langley Marine Corps]

(2052) A Langley Marine Corps company stands in formation at their Vedra base camp. [2nd Lieutenant Catherine Davis, Langley Marine Corps]

(2052) 2nd Lieutenant Kim Nguyen poses with a Vz 61 Skorpion recovered from an armory in Vedra. [2nd Lieutenant Catherine Davis, Langley Marine Corps]
Last edited by Shinn Langley Soryu on 2008-07-12 10:19pm, edited 3 times in total.

ImageImageImage

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Navy commissions 4 new Arleigh Burke III vessels and decommissions 4 old Arleigh Burke IIA vessels

As part of the fleet renewal program, the Navy commissioned 4 new Arleigh Burke III vessels (OOC: These are the Korean KDX III vessels, with several improvements added on to reflect the timeline) and retired 4 of its aging Arleigh Burke IIA vessels. These ships are substantially improved over their predecessors. It is rumoured that the navy is continuing the old MESS FFG-X, DDGN-X and CGN-X programs, but the design is slow and done in conjunction with Enderistan. Given that much of the MESS is now bouncing back, it was hoped that the design process can be speeded up and the designs launched in a few years time. The Navy has indicated that many of the old vessels will be replaced as the economy improves. It has indicated that two improved Virginia class submarines will be launched by the end of the year. The Navy has been undergoing ship replacement over the last decade ever since the Government decided it was time for fleet replacement. 60% of the fleet has been replaced with F-100A (A slightly larger and improved variant), Arleigh Burke III and Dromon II (larger version of the stealth Corvette). The navy has also commissioned 1 Mistral Class LHD.

Air Force recommissions rebuilt Tu-160s

The Air Force has rebuilt all the Tu-160 airframes that it has in its fleet and indicated to the Senate that it desires more Tu-160 and F-22s for its fleet.

Army completes its K-2 Black Panther orders and Merkava IFV

All tanks and IFV in the army are now of the K-2 Black Panther type and Merkava IFV type. The order was issued 10 years ago, and it has taken 10 years for it to be completed.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-07-11 05:59am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

"You know, my father told me that Shroom was something of a goof ball though good hearted, but this probably exceeds his reputation by a fair bit," commented Emperor Komnenos. "Nevertheless, we need to restore FUN to some level of operational capability. The MESS is still in varying stages of recovery, and though.. people are making sure that the UAR never returns, I still think we need some balance in this world. Byzantium is not demanding the return of any loans we extended to anyone (in fact, we are prepared to write off the loans which is to our benefit as well), but some might."

"What do you suggest then?" asked King Paul.

"I say, we make a trip to Shroomania, and give Shroom a good whack in the head to return him to his senses. Just so in case the AIs make a fuss of it, I will send orders back home for some Tu-160s with a full escort bearing Electromagnetic Weapons to make sure that the AIs don't even think about designating us a threat."
Kreia
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

40 years after the war

"Friends, countrymen, warriors, it's been 40 years since Mark Sheppard went insane and ordered the end of the world. We've rebuilt much since then. Hokkaido has remained largely unpopulated, but the rest of Tian Xia has grown much. The soldiers, sailors and airmen of Tian Xia stopped Shepnukistan's bombers before they advanced much further than the north shore of Honshu. We turned the UAR into a self-lit parking lot. We've taken in refugees from the IRT, Bear Republic, and Wilkonia. We came close to nuking one of those, until I ordered the diversion of the assets target I've lead this country for a very long time, and I think it's time. As of noon today, I abdicate the throne, leaving it in the hands of my daughter and heir. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart, for the privledge of being your Emperor. I promised the formation commander I'd keep this short, and so, farewell," Beowulf ended his address.

Beowulf's daughter, Anya, stepped up to the podium. "Ladies and gentlemen, Shi Huangdi!" She kissed him on the cheek, as he walked back to his seat.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan