SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Post by Imperial528 »

When we do get the main thread up, it will still be possible to add to prologues, yes?

Since mine is still coming along...
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Yeah, we can still add to prologues I believe. Didn't people do that in SDNW4?

(Note, I could be wrong...better get a second opinion on that)
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Imperial528 wrote:When we do get the main thread up, it will still be possible to add to prologues, yes?
Of course it will be.
Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Yeah, we can still add to prologues I believe. Didn't people do that in SDNW4?

(Note, I could be wrong...better get a second opinion on that)
Yes they did, including The Adventures of Doctor Susie, which is the only thing from SDNW4 that I transplanted to User Fics.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

EDIT:

Just to make it official, I'm planning to start SDNW5 in a few days. I realized I had a number of people whose map locations aren't nailed down, or who I want to double-check with about things, and at least one who's totally incommunicado until Friday, so I'm giving it a LITTLE more time.

So, from here, I FINALLY updated the nation list. Am I missing anyone?

Akhlut:
Hegemony of the Gray Kritarchy

Beowulf:
Clans of Tirnanog

Cadbrowser:
Omni-Killbots

Crossroads:
UISC
Macromicronation

Dark Hellion
Sqee

Darkevilme:
Chamarran Empire

Eleventh Century Remnant
Wandering Terraformer Robot Octopi
The Incirrinean Exody

Esquire:
Hellenic Confederacy

FaxModem1
Empire of Tweed
Micronation

Fenreer
The Dwarven Conclave

Feralgnoll
Motherfucking Crab Truckers
Micronation

Force Lord:
Centrality

Imperial528
Confederate of Cerna

Irishmick
Republic of Telkin
Micronation

Karmic Knight
The Commonwealth of (Buh?)

KhorneFlakes
Qiirsaan Hierarchy of Battle Thralls Meritocracy

KlavoHunter
Klavostan

Lonestar
Grand Dominion

OmegaChief:
Capellan Authority

Panzersharkcat:
Bastian Star Empire

Rabid
The Nation/The Community/The Stellar Nation/The Doxa/SPACE GYPSIES

Romulan Republic
Micronation

Ryan Thunder
Sanctum
Micronation

Scottish Ninja
Volscian Confederacy

Shinn Langley Soryu
Holy Empire of Haruhi Suzumiya?

Shep
Shepistan

Simon_Jester:
Technocracy of Umeria

Skywalker_T-65
Arcadia

Tanasinn
Federal Union of Enslaved Subjugated Stuckenated Independent Worlds

TimothyC
Bird Plane Krypton
Micronation

TronPaul
The ((((GSN) Space Nation) Space Nation) Space Nation) Space Nation)
[Also known as Recursionstan]
Micronation

Vanas:
An Entire Great and Bountiful Empire of Goddamn Bees

White Haven:
League of Thought

Zor:
A Unified Empire
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I don't see anyone missing...then again I forgot about most of those micronations since they haven't been posting...and that is a good chunk of players actually, so thats a good thing.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Akhlut wrote:A little slice of life...er...death piece on Scumdoggia showcasing one of the most popular shows on the planet, if not in the galaxy as a whole.
:shock: And that is why we need to watch the Scumdogs. Just...wow... :shock:

(Also, if no one minds, I'll have the World of Tanks, or Tankhalla (depending) be run by the VIKINGS. Makes sense really...assuming we are still doing that idea)
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

NOW IN THE CORRECT THREAD!

A little slice of life...er...death piece on Scumdoggia showcasing one of the most popular shows on the planet, if not in the galaxy as a whole.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:
Akhlut wrote:A little slice of life...er...death piece on Scumdoggia showcasing one of the most popular shows on the planet, if not in the galaxy as a whole.
:shock: And that is why we need to watch the Scumdogs. Just...wow... :shock:
The dialogue from that is taken almost verbatim from one of their songs, for reference.

Also, of course you need to watch them! They have the best show on in the galaxy and are the sexiest examples of life in the universe!
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

So, what sector is Scumdoggia located in? Inquiring minds want to know, so they can avoid it.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Simon_Jester wrote:So, what sector is Scumdoggia located in? Inquiring minds want to know, so they can avoidburn it.
I think that may be more accurate.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

If you're a VIKING...then yes, it is more accurate. Though I'm sure some other upstanding Space Swedes Mercenaries may want to also. Arcadia neither confirms nor denies that. :P
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Shep-land will be hellariously awesome, with many shoutouts to SDNW4... :mrgreen:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Good to have you on board, Sheppoes. You cool with the map and everything?
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Klavostan has 3 Trade Routes to spare, does anyone human-friendly wish to reciprocate?
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

There. Simulation complete.

And yes, the Umerian Space Security Force really does subject cadets to a dash of memetic weaponry, crowdbuster sonics, disorienting strobes and the like. Willpower training, a substitute for practice against psychic attack for a nation whose battle-espers aren't in or near the top. It helps, somewhat.
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

I'd rent out League psions for the purpose, but that might be a bit rough on the squids.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Your telepaths are more normal than your pyrokinetics, so it's actually possible- that would make for an interesting negotiation.

Have to think about that later.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

KlavoHunter wrote:Klavostan has 3 Trade Routes to spare, does anyone human-friendly wish to reciprocate?
The Authority always loves more trade! But I don't know if Klavostan wants to trade with Chamarran allies.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Arcadia can always use more money too. But we don't have any Trade Routes to send back...

Plus, while we aren't allies with the Chamarrans, we do trade with them. Which reminds me, I'll be putting up a prologue post about first contact with the cat-people later today. If all goes well anyway.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Simon_Jester wrote:
Although it probably doesn't change anything. The Hierarchy can't expect intervention from the Perseid arm Chamarrans and nor can anyone else.
Remind me of the details? I'm a little confused about who 'sent' the Chamarrans, and why, and what's left of them.
I'll go over this stuff here. Seen as it's not that mappy.

The Chamarrans weren't exactly sent by anyone is the short answer. The long answer is this.

One thousand years ago the Chamarrans were created, rebelled and were presumed destroyed. In reality the ship they were on simply ended up rolling 'lost in space' on the hyperspace malfunction table due to damage inflicted on it as it entered hyperspace and ended up in the perseus arm.
The Chamarrans settled on a nominally habitable planet there. They also acquired an ideology that their creators were unworthy masters, and in order to show their superiority they must subjugate mankind and show that they are better masters. There's also elements of revenge and a belief that the pattern of humanity's dealing with them is such that only through subjugating mankind can they avoid subjugation themselves.

Several hundred years later they discovered the Perseid warp gate. The Perseid were an alien race that ruled a wide area of that galactic arm over a thousand years ago. Their holdings were significant enough they had a network of warp gates to ease transit between them. However the Perseid's are now extinct and the Chamarrans currently don't know why.
A few other warp gates were still working in the Perseid network. One of these gates the chamarrans sent towards human space by virtue of sending a ship through the gate, which then built the gate moving engines and settled nearby as once the gate was gone they weren't equipped to travel home the long way.

When the gate arrived the Chamarran population split. Two thirds still believed in the great commission to subjugate mankind, those are the ones who brought the great crusade to known space and formed the Hierarchy.

One third of the Chamarran population however had become disillusioned to the great commission and chose to remain. That's the 'Perseus' faction of the Chamarran population as they didn't go through the warp gate. They don't support the commission so the Hierarchy can't rely on them for help, but they don't oppose it either as they chose a non violent parting of the ways with their dogmatic sisters and so no one else can rely on their help either.

The Perseid population can only be reached via the warp gate in Chamarran territory or by flying between the galactic arms, either requires Chamarran cooperation though in the latter case it's simply a matter of acquiring coordinates for the Chamarran homeworld.
Last edited by Darkevilme on 2012-06-01 04:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The Holy Empire is certainly human-friendly, so we'd definitely be interested in accepting trade from Klavostan. Unfortunately, we can't reciprocate back.

And now I'll go back to trying to resolve my writer's block relapse.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Oh hey Shinn, since you're here (And sorry if I'm being a little naggy), you have a chance to work out some of the Holy Empire/Authority history stuff?

Which reminds me, need to poke Dark Hellion about that stuff too now.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Simon_Jester wrote:So, what sector is Scumdoggia located in? Inquiring minds want to know, so they can avoid it.
Bottom left quadrant.
Beowulf wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:So, what sector is Scumdoggia located in? Inquiring minds want to know, so they can avoidburn it.
I think that may be more accurate.
Bah! Bunch of philistines who can't appreciate proper art!

And I doubt most nations want to burn the planet, since Scumdoggia is the mercenary hub of this part of the galaxy, with over 175 million available to those with the coin to hire them.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE, WILL HAPPEN AGAIN
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Hmm, a shame those Amplitur were slaughtered. They seem so...useful for our ends.