SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Re: SDNW5 Discussion Thread I

Post by OmegaChief »

Of course, when it comes to Mad Science, I don't think any nation can quite hope to compete with Umeria, but this raises a question, since there's a higher percentage of mad scientists there, does these mean tehre is some kind of hypothetical mader scientist that even Mad Scientists think are mad?

Onto another recent topic, it's a good thing the Unified Imperium is on the other side of the map from the Authority! They'd be calling for some kind of sanctions at the least if they ever found out how it treated rebels, it goes right against just about every fragment of Capellan culture and morality.

On the upside this makes my relationship with Arcadia even more interesting, which is good!
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Behold! A Drell!

For those who value their apendeges, it is bet to let sleeping Drell lie.

Hopefully not offending your sensibilities. Otherwise i will just link it.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2012-05-24 12:28am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I will withhold judgment, both on artistic merits and sensibility-merits. Others are free to speak.
OmegaChief wrote:Of course, when it comes to Mad Science, I don't think any nation can quite hope to compete with Umeria, but this raises a question, since there's a higher percentage of mad scientists there, does these mean tehre is some kind of hypothetical mader scientist that even Mad Scientists think are mad?
Yes. His name is Dr. Ulrich von Murderstein.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

*Sticks head into thread, looks around, and then sneaks in*

Heh...heh...yeah, I know, I haven't been on here for awhile have I? In any case, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot for me to reply to, which helps matters.

First off: Arcadia neither confirms nor denies having mad scientists. The fact that the VIKINGS have Space Dragons has absolutely nothing to do with us at all. Nope, nothing at all. :angelic:

Second: Arcadia also does not condone how the Unified Imperium treats prisoners. We just trade with anyone who is willing to trade with us. We don't get involved in their disputes or internal issues. Though there may be the occasional SPACE VIKING or Space Swede who are helping the rebels. Again, Arcadia neither confirms nor denies that. :P
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Second: Arcadia also does not condone how the Unified Imperium treats prisoners. We just trade with anyone who is willing to trade with us. We don't get involved in their disputes or internal issues. Though there may be the occasional SPACE VIKING or Space Swede who are helping the rebels. Again, Arcadia neither confirms nor denies that. :P
Which means applying political pressure to Arcadia to make trade less profitable for the Imperium is a perfectly finet actic to try and impose change on the Imperium as it's too far away for the most offended powers to deploy miltiary forces too!

Also nice to have some stories that arn't settled with big fights.

(Not that anyone expects anyone to actually give up trade routes... I think, just it's good story material!)
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Changes in the nature of a trade route might cause minor changes in national income, without causing any really big jumps that would force a nation to make severe sacrifices.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

A Message from the Republic of Arcadia

'Do you want ship-parts? Warships? How about infantry weapons or tanks? Then Space Sweden Industries is here for you!

We provide high-quality ships and the parts to build them. If your need is more of a personal nature, then we provide Space AK 4's, Space Carl Gustavs, and Space Laser Swords (and don't listen to those rumors of the Space AK 4 being a rip-off of the Space G3!). And there is always the Triple S Tank (SSS Tank), and the Space Bofors 20mm Plasma Cannon. For all your ship and weapons needs, Space Sweden Industries is here for you!'

(See your nearest SSI Rep to start an account, we look forward to your buisness!)

OOC: What? I can do the funny advertisments too, and I will probably do more (I'm taking requests too!). And I just decided to give up to the inevitable, and have even the Arcadians call themselves Space Sweden sometimes. Also, Triple S tank stands for 'Space Sweden Stridsvagn'...the Tank on the end is for those savages who don't speak Space Swedish! And for the record, it is a hovertank with a railgun or plasma cannon (depending on personal desire there).

(I also figured this deserved a different post, hence why it isn't part of the last one...still trying to get pictures to work, hopefully there will be some for the next ad

EDIT: And I was ninja'ed here...that being said, I see the story potential too.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Oh yes, lots of potential, especially once you throw Arcadia First into the mix too, and of course the wildcard of the SPACE VIKINGS.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

And here is a Radial

Sneaking up on a radial is very difficult.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2012-05-24 12:24am, edited 1 time in total.
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Space Swedish Tank in Swedish would actually be something along the lines of "Utrymme Sveriges Stridsvagn," while Space Sweden Industries would be something along the lines of "Utrymme Sveriges Industrier" (in the absence of someone who's actually fluent in Swedish, Google Translate will have to do for now), so the name for the Arcadian assault gun/tank destroyer would be USS Tank, and the company that makes it would be USI.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

[modhat on]

So, Space Swedish bears only tangential resemblance to Real Swedish. Who knew? :D

It's Skywalker's country, and he can triple his S'es if he wants to.

[modhat off]
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

There we go, stuck up one of the stories I was working on!

I was torn on if I should finish it first or post it in parts, but then I saw how long the first potential part was and figured it might make easier reading like this.

Anyway enjoy (I hope!) a more ground level view of the average Capellan (Also Military stuffs!)
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

The official Haruhiist position with regards to Makay is that we know nothing of the whereabouts of the remnants of its defense force. That's all I will say regarding that matter.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

To be fair though. The Holy empire would officially state they knew nothing about the where abouts of the Makayan remnant fleet regardless of what had actually happened.

Holy empire is supporting the fleet: Holy empire claims ignorance.

Fleet faked the kitties out and went somewhere else for support: Holy empire legitimately claims ignorance.

Fleet went and became space amish or pirates: Holy empire legitimately claims ignorance.

Fleet personnel found themselves being detained and asked questions by Those-who-never-smile-in-her-service in order to get intelligence on Chamarran capabilities: Holy empire claims ignorance.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Man the Grays are just as bad as the Unified Imperium, it sure sucks to be those resistance fighters.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I'd argue that, in a way, the Grays are worse*. The Imperium is basically making the process of colonization very fast, instead of waiting for their culture to become dominant after decades of rule, they essentially wipe the inhabitants blank and make them Imperium citizens. Although the bio-altering stuff is a bit** gratuitous, it's probably to ensure that all living record of the previous civilization will be wiped out, at least locally.

The Grays, on the other hand, act like they are helping you (albeit in their very cold manner) and proceed to use you or prepare you to be just another tool to be used without your knowledge.
The Imperium is, depending on how well they wipe minds, guilty of cultural and actual genocide, with some bio-altering charges thrown in to account for those whose minds recovered. The Grays, on the other hand, have in my opinion committed something worse than mind-rape. I don't know how to describe it in one word without making one up; they've essentially enslaved a person without that person even knowing, which is essentially mind control, except that they did it in a much more sinister fashion such that I think it's a whole different level by itself.

*But then, I suppose this is a comparison of unimaginable evils, so it's a bit moot, although the Gray's general arrogance and disregard for non-Grays definitely gives them a few bonus points in the evil category.
**Saying this is an understatement is, well, an understatement. So it's like understatement^2.
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I find it peculiar that of the imperialistic terrors seeking to enslave man I'm rapidly becoming the only one with philosophical compunctions against doing this sort of thing.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

We don't reprogram everyone during conquest and we don't go full gender shift on everyone we rehabilitate (Alexi was an extreme case). With those that are peaceful and law abiding, there is generally no need.

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Darkevilme wrote:I find it peculiar that of the imperialistic terrors seeking to enslave man I'm rapidly becoming the only one with philosophical compunctions against doing this sort of thing.
Why should we have problems with perfecting humans? We commit no crimes and it is fully within our rights to do this to any humans we see fit.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hey, Akhlut? Try doing it to a Umerian.

(Seriously, set up a googledoc or something. Let's roll.)
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Simon_Jester wrote:Hey, Akhlut? Try doing it to a Umerian.

(Seriously, set up a googledoc or something. Let's roll.)
Tomorrow, gotta go to bed now. Work in the AM.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Akhlut wrote: Why should we have problems with perfecting humans? We commit no crimes and it is fully within our rights to do this to any humans we see fit.
Right. So now we understand the Kritarchy a bit better "Everything we do is right by definition cause we're the ones doing it, and if anyone objects bury them in Smug."
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Clearly the Smugdog is the national animal of the Kritarchy.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Darkevilme wrote:Right. So now we understand the Kritarchy a bit better "Everything we do is right by definition cause we're the ones doing it, and if anyone objects bury them in Smug."
Well we can assume that a couple of them don't. I am sure a few of those agents they sent in to try to mess with the Imperium was not really successful and in the end had a change of mind. :)

Zor
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

OmegaChief wrote:Clearly the Smugdog is the national animal of the Kritarchy.