SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VIII

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread VIII

Post by Lonestar »

SiegeTank wrote:Oh, I know :D. It fits with the Old D being a rather paranoid place.

The entire country suffers from severe cognitive dissonance. We have no problem accusing people of being warmongering aggressors while denying that we could remotely be perceived the same way. :D
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

And the President of Cascadia pounds the gavel. 8)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

OPERATION: GOERING QUOTE is go! :D
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Ha, you enjoy being a bastard far too much, Matt.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, there is protocol for such matters y'know. And you're not even talking to Lonestar IC, it's his Foreign Minister.

Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Steve wrote:Ryan, Ryan, Ryan, there is protocol for such matters y'know.
Just remember, I did it purely to stir shit up politically, though. :D

Oh, by the way, any SD.netters in the room can see that I'm Ryan and not Gero. Nobody else will notice, though.
And you're not even talking to Lonestar IC, it's his Foreign Minister
Ah. My mistake.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Sometime you can retro an edit back to allowing you to avoid saying something stupid. This time I'm not letting you. So your speech is preserved for posterity. :P
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Haw, haw haw haw. Fun to see you all in damage control mode, esteemed colleagues, he-he, but I doubt even if the MESS started painting the faces of it's representatives and it's carriers pink and drawing peace symbols on them it would do much to your collapsed public image...

Trying to invoke a defunct pact for cheap pokes at the supreme local powers in Frequesque just smells so... desperate. :lol:

P.S. Let it be known that I still heavily support slowing down time. This would make the play easier for everyone and let us linger in the year 2017 which is awesome. If there are no votes against the slowdown in the coming weeks, we should instane one on the Middle of May which would be change of year.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Pezook, are the Vineyards still part of FASTA?
Stas Bush wrote:P.S. Let it be known that I still heavily support slowing down time. This would make the play easier for everyone and let us linger in the year 2017 which is awesome. If there are no votes against the slowdown in the coming weeks, we should instane one on the Middle of May which would be change of year.
I agree with Stas.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Karmic Knight wrote:Pezook, are the Vineyards still part of FASTA?
Yep. You even had an astronaut up there already, and several more participating in the space station programs.

Probably. I never got around to making crew lists for those :D
Karmic Knight wrote: I agree with Stas.
:(

We should linger in 2018 so that me and Shroom can have fun with FASTA lunar campers :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Being fair to Lonestar's fella, this isn't really convincing evidence of anything... beyond OD military utilitarianism of course - cannibalize the best cadres of your annihilated enemy for your military, also get invaluable experience in biowarfare countermeasures since the sheppos were preparing for biodeath from day one. Heh,the Red Army took in a hefty number of former Tsarist Officers - were they not "gloating" over the destruction of the Tsarist Russia? :lol:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Stas Bush wrote:Being fair to Lonestar's fella, this isn't really convincing evidence of anything... beyond OD military utilitarianism of course - cannibalize the best cadres of your annihilated enemy for your military, also get invaluable experience in biowarfare countermeasures since the sheppos were preparing for biodeath from day one. Heh,the Red Army took in a hefty number of former Tsarist Officers - were they not "gloating" over the destruction of the Tsarist Russia? :lol:
Allow me to rephrase, have we ever actually gloated over the destruction of Shepistan?
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

You know, for some reason I doubt the SLA will just fall in line after you announce Al Sheppard The Barking Mad will be their future leader :P

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:You know, for some reason I doubt the SLA will just fall in line after you announce Al Sheppard The Barking Mad will be their future leader :P
Even funnier that the Sirnothians opposed the Shepistan attack on Astaria and actually provided some support for the Astarian's retaliatory attack.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

PeZook wrote:You know, for some reason I doubt the SLA will just fall in line after you announce Al Sheppard The Barking Mad will be their future leader :P

Don't damage my calm.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

PeZook wrote:Damn! If you people are gonna slow down time, I have to get to the lunar landing STAT! :D

EDIT: Also, Wilkens, hurry up with that exchange guy. I want to finalize the landing crew already!

LCDR Raquel Luna, Canissian Navy.

As an aside since I just got my mission planning files back when I got my Senate information back I haven't been posting the MSA launch series but in short here is where we are after Pegasus ended:

Daed1 Q1 2016
Daed2 Q2 2016
Daed3 Q2 2016
Daed4 Q3 2016
Daed5 Q3 2016
Daed6 Q4 2016
Daed7 Q1 2017

Either 5,6, or 7 will be the MSA lunar landing. 1 and 2 were systems test, 3 and 4 were orbital rendevous and then TLI plus return, 5 will be the first practice with the Lander (we could land if we are adventursome) and then either 6 or 7 will be the atual landing and excursion. PeZook I've tenatively scheduled your guy to go on 6 because that is when we plan to land and bumping up to 5 would be easier than bumping down from 5 to 6.

Daedalus is currently funded through 12 missions and will be followed on by two different mission groups.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

You guys are landing after only one test flight of the fully assembled lander? And not even on LEO, but you skip straight to lunar orbit tests?

That's rather risky, IMHO.

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

PeZook wrote:You guys are landing after only one test flight of the fully assembled lander? And not even on LEO, but you skip straight to lunar orbit tests?

That's rather risky, IMHO.
It is, and I ran a series of dice rolls with the total and major failure rates up to 5% to reflect that.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Well, mine gave me a failure in Selene 6, which means another LM test flight is inevitable. That means Selene 7 in Q4 2016, and Selene 8 in Q1 2017, with the landing on Selene 9.

Unless we accept the risk an upgrade 7 to a lunar orbital test...

And then we can have a LITERAL race to the Moon! IN SPACE! :P

A question, though: does the MSA release their launch scheules publically? If you don't it's no biggie, we'll just have Lev steal them, but I have to ask ;)

EDIT: BTW, one of these days I'm totally gonna have to put together a novaterran Moon mission in Orbiter :D

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Stas Bush wrote:P.S. Let it be known that I still heavily support slowing down time. This would make the play easier for everyone and let us linger in the year 2017 which is awesome. If there are no votes against the slowdown in the coming weeks, we should instane one on the Middle of May which would be change of year.
That's why I said the 17th. It's close enough to the 15th, which would otherwise be the new year, and starts the 7 day cycle on a Sunday, which is rather convenient and easy to remember.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

And now I have done my part to make things more interesting. :D
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

I seem to be a bit late to the party. :D
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Well... if it's at the point where we are now all aiming for dickitude, then there is no chance at salvaging the ol' trainwreck.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Coyote wrote:Well... if it's at the point where we are now all aiming for dickitude, then there is no chance at salvaging the ol' trainwreck.
Indeed. Heck I called Lonestar's man on the carpet for it in private.

I was actually going to do something like Steve's banging of the gavel last night, but I was too tired to write it up. And of course when I got here this morning it had already moved on.

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

You guys had plenty of time to answer the CATO proposal, instead some of you chose to play the dickery game. Well excuse me for being a dick right back. :D :wink: