Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomStratTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
RENEWED RECTAL RECONSTRUCTION REGURGITATION REDUX

The Shroomanian corporations MacMillan Manufacturing and SchromKorp Structurals have both been awarded contracts in both the Old Dominion and Shepistan to rebuild and repair damaged infrastructure in the wartorn areas of both nations.

In Shepistan, the influx of foreign workers - notably Astarians and Border Staters employed by Shroomanian companies - might mean the displacement of their already established child labor force.

Children are a valuable form of exploitable human resource in Shepistan.

Already, despite the civil turmoil, work is underway in Shepistan.

During the war, blast waves shattered windows and sent broken shards flying into the eyesockets of many civilians. Reconstruction workers are now fixing broken window frames.

Under the supervision of SchromKorp Structurals overseers, Shepistani workers recycle rubble from demolished buildings. In the process, they uncover the buried remains of their countrymen.

Both MacMillan Manufacturing and SchromKorp Structurals have reported more progress in the Old Dominion, where reconstruction efforts are unhampered by the lack of screaming hordes of Molotov cocktail wielding rioters and lawyers.

A Shroomanian engineer takes a quick break, enjoying the cool breeze on his oiled biceps.

Before promptly returning to work.

In Shepistan, Shroomanian companies resort to employing the affordable local work force due to the threat of stick-wielding civil insurrectionists. In the Old Dominion, however, the more stable condition permits Shroomanian companies to send in their own personnel to do the job.

RESULTS:
We profit from your suffering!
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2008-09-27 11:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Steve wrote:Chester Hotel
Adams Capital District
28 May 2009

<snip>

"Gentlemen and ladies, I am aware that the intransigence of certain powers, and the demands on the FTO by its mandate, have... complicated these tallks quite a bit." He was, in part, referring to the refusal of some FTO nations to recognize either the CSR annexation of the old PRSF or the Tian Xia reclaimation of Westchester/Tian Jiao. Also to be considered was the early CSR walk-out which might render the entire conference a waste.

"It is important for us to not forget our objective here. It is to insulate Frequesue from the machinations of outside powers as greatly as possible, while providing those powers material guarantees that their existant interests in Frequesue will be respected so that they feel no need to involve themselves in Frequesuan affairs."

"I believe these ends are possible. But they will require sacrifice. As they say, diplomacy is the art of the possible. And currently it is not possible to undo the results of last year's Uranium War between Tian Jiao and the former Republic of South Frequesue. Refusal by the FTO to accept those results gives you nothing, even if you feel it necessary to assauge the fears of your own people as to your willingness to oppose imperialism."

"To oppose imperialism is a great ideal. It is a noble ideal. But it benefits nobody if it is followed with zealotry and intolerance. Intolerant idealism is a great folly that can only hurt the continent of Frequesue and the people that dwell there."

"I would suggest that the Conference, having made progress already on the question of the FTO's place in dealing with outside powers, agree to a statement recognizing the current condition of South Frequesue and Westchester and their political status as parts of the Crimson Star Republic and Tian Xia. I understand that you would be reluctant to such a concession, but refusing to accept the point does far more harm to your credibility diplomatically than accepting it could."

"This done, we would then respectfully request such states assist the FTO in reducing the potential for an escalation in arms and in helping maintain the neutrality and peace of the continent. I harbor no illusions that further prices might not be asked. I do not believe it will be easy. But I believe that no matter what is asked, it will be necessary. Otherwise everything we seek to accomplish here may never come to pass and the people of Frequesue may never know the peace we seek to provide them."

"I now open the floor for questions on this line." With that, the President sat back down, waiting for the first hand, the first voice, to be raised.
The first voice happened to come from Her Excellency the Countess Siobhan, the Baernish representative to the Conference. While Indhopal represented the FTO entire at the gathering, Countess Siobhan had received instructions from the Duke on what to do on just such an occasion.

"Ladies and gentlemen. It is the official position of my sovereign the Duke that understanding is preferable to ignorance, that agreement is preferable to discord, that peace is preferable to war. We do not approve of the annexation of the former PRSF, or of the decision of Tian Jiao to rejoin the Tian Xian state, but our approval was not required in the decisions of independent nations. We have never denied the legitimacy of Tian Jiao's course of action, and our dislike of the current state of affairs in Livorno is irrelevant.

"The Duchy, therefore, recognizes the current state of affairs as correct, if not perfect, and requests it's fellow FTO members to do likewise."
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Chester Hotel
Adams Capital District
28 May 2009
Master_Baerne wrote:"The Duchy, therefore, recognizes the current state of affairs as correct, if not perfect, and requests it's fellow FTO members to do likewise."
Brandon arose, the conference had been a needed distraction from the intricacies of state, and had provided him with a valid excuse to delegate much power to the Prime Minister. His day hadn't all been good, some of his objectives had failed, including Operation UNITY and Operation BERN, while his domestic projects had succeeded, including ESCAPE VALVE, PEACEKEEPER, MERGER and GOLDEN PARACHUTE. Martin Black had been a supporter of the operations after he ascended to the head of legislature, a pleasant surprise for the King.

“The Vineyards have seen no reason not to recognize the states of the former PRSF and Westchester,” Brandon began, “We may not agree with their policies, but it doesn’t make them invalid. The main point of this was to secure the neutrality of our continent in affairs of the world. I believe we have made strides toward that goal, I know it may take a long time, longer than many of us may be in power or live, to complete that goal. I believe another stride to help that goal, is a practical application of that neutrality,” as he paused, his phone buzzed in his pocket, he quickly shook off the momentary distraction and continued, “I believe this can be accomplished through striving to form a multinational stage from which all nations can speak their piece to the world. We had many different countries originally represented in this conference, and I feel if we could bottle the essence of this conference, and remove the pretence, it could be a step toward the goal of all free peoples, world peace. What I am trying to say is, the conference managed to get people from the MESS, the FUN, the SNC, and the various unaligned nations, together and try to accomplish a goal; we need to do this with the goal being peace on Nova Terra. When we started this conference, we ceased acting as just leaders and representatives, working together; we became a multinational group, trying to complete our set objective, along with any other objected set forth by the members.”

As Brandon sat back down, he looked at his phone, to see what had almost interrupted his little speech, it read, ‘The GOLDEN FLEECE has been separated.’
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Diplomatic district of Wilkonia

Coilerburg ambassador John Wani considered Wilkonia a nice, out of the way place. Nothing too sided in one ideology, like the CSR on one end or the IRT and San Dorado on the other, nothing too close to a potential warzone like the Old Dominion, nothing too bizarre like Shroomania, and nothing too disruptive.

So he was surprised at the increasing number of protests that seemed to be occuring. People held up signs saying "WE WERE ABOUT TO WIN, BUT YOU HAD TO QUIT". and others along that effect. Some held up pictures of men in sailor's uniforms-presumably family or friends lost when their ships sank. A particularly shocking banner had a row of lost sailor's photographs with the words "THEY DIED IN VAIN" printed above them.

From his friends in the diplomatic community, ambassador Wani heard that protests like these had been occurring not just in Wilkonia, but in other MESS nations as well. And they were growing larger and more frequent.

Results:

Protests by angered citizens of MESS nations who are frustrated by the peace agreement and the MESS leaders acceptance of it, believing that they were close to victory and should have pushed for the collapse of Shepistan's government, rather than agree to the deal, making the sacrifices of all the lost in vain.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

The collection of warships arrived in Shroomania where the other Shroomanian warships were waiting. Commodore Ciaphas Cain headed over to the Shroomanian flagship cruiser waiting.

"Good evening Commodore, Commodore Ciaphas Cain, of the Byzantine Imperial Navy. I have here my ships that are meant for Anti-Submarine work, along with the salvage vessels, which can most certainly scan the surface depths."

(OOC: Shroom, try adding some input?)
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

General News

More ships meant for the Amphibious Contingency Force have been laid.

The Defense Department has formally ordered 40 SF-10Ds for the RCAF to be delivered over the next year. A decision on whether to bulk order 60 MSF-11B Super Shrikes has not been made, especially with further budgeting required for developing the NAF-16 Sea Kite, which is expected to go into production in 2012.

With the delivery of the final units of GSF-14s ordered in 2008, the RCAF has activated the 1st Tactical Squadron and assigned it to 1st Tactical Wing, based at Van Halstoff Base.

The Intrepid's air wing has been changed to accomodate eight new MSF-15Ns (F-35Cs) produced from the JSF project, the fighters replace the 10 ASF-10Ns that were on the carrier, with the balance of fighters made up by an additional two ASF-10C/Ns. The next eight MSF-15Ns will be delivered in 2010 to be assigned to Defiant.

Although Tonkinese Harriers have been ordered for Constellation, the Navy has ordered studies to see the cost for a long-term acquisition of MSF/V-15s (F-35Bs) to augment the flight complements on all the LHDs, even if it means reducing helicopter complements. (Note: The Navy wants to get cooler toys, even if it means reducing the tremendous support utility of the big helo complements of the current LHDs. Nor are they entirely happy with getting Tonkinese Harriers when they could have acquired F-35Bs.)

There are now twenty ASF-10Ns (Navalized ASF-10As) in the Cascadian Naval Reserve.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

More General Actions

The 1st Guards Infantry Brigade has begun what will be a long-term air transport process, being flown by Cascadia's expanded airlift fleet to the disputed zone of Chesapeake to join the planned multi-national peacekeeping force. The T-12Bs and T-14s will make refueling stops in southern Wilkonia while Cascadian KT-15s base themselves there as well to begin permitting mid-air refueling and removing the need for the craft to land.

Although the 1st Guards Infantry is being moved by aircraft, the other brigades of the 1st Guards Division are going to be primarily moved by sealift, with the 1st Guards Infantry to be temporarily buttressed by the Airborne Brigade.

As of this moment, the Cascadian military is not planning on sending naval vessels to the region; the Intrepid COG is en route to Velerian stations, to relieve Defiant (which will, after bit more time in the Northeastern Velerian Zone, return to port.)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Byzantine Aeronautics unveils a series of UAV demontrators

Byzantine Aeronautics has unveiled a series of UAV demonstrators and showcased them to the military. Chief among the UAVs of interest, is the Hermes 900 and 1500, and the HARPY II.

ImageImage
Hermes 1500

Hermes 900

Harpy I (Harpy II is a much much heavier variant)

The HARPY II is designed to be a heavy endurance drone that hovers in a fixed area of 400km and is an improvement over the existing HARPY I that is in service with the armed forces. Hovering at a high altitude, it will seek out enemy radar and its speed will be boosted by the ramjet engine, plunging it at a speed of MACH 2. The bunker busting warhead is designed to penetrate up to 5meters of concrete. This heavy endurance drone is still under development, but the military is expressing interest in the drone, especially in the aftermath of the Shepistan-MESS war.

48 KC-45 were ordered from BAM.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-10-06 04:13am, edited 2 times in total.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

At a Military Briefing

"So General, you are telling me that we ought to double the number of brigades of Combat Engineers, and support helicopters, heavy and light so as to ensure that our logistics can keep up with the increase in CAS aircraft and attack helicopters?" asked the Emperor.

"Yes sire."

"Well, I would agree that the logistics support has to keep up. So yes, I am giving my vote on the issue. I also take it you have come up with a slight revision of the Air Defence legions. You plan to ensure every legion is equipped with 6 S-400s instead, along with 4 THAAD?"

"Yes sire. You might want to take a look at this:"
Standard Heavy Anti-Air unit: S-400 and S-300 systems. (THAAD under evaluation), THEL
24+24 Air Defence Divisions (Static)
12 Air Defence Divisions (Mobile)

There are a total of 24 land based AEGIS locations with a total of 256 VLS cells each. Another 24 are under construction.

All 36 Brigades will be enlarged division size to operate a combination of
- 6 Pantsyr S1 batteries
- 6 Patroit PAC 3 batteries
- 6 S-400 batteries. This will be evenly divided between the 24 brigades
- 4 THAAD batteries
- 6 THEL batteries
- CIWS gun and RAM systems

Each of the divisions will be deployed to each major city (about 13). The remainder will be deployed to strategic locations. Another 36 are in training with similar layout. 1st to 24th Air Defence Division are located in hardened sites across the Empire. 25th to 36th are mobile divisions to be deployed on short notice. The next 36 will be located in hardened bunkers with the assigned a mobile command center with datalinks to all 24 divisions.

There are 24 regional air defence centers that control an air defence division and AEGIS system. Fiber optics networks are used to ensure better communication, and links between all radar. Data fusion will be employed to combine all the data received so as to better coordinate air defence. Each regional air defence center consists of 1 master control center and 6 subsidiary centers that control one battery of Panstyr S1, Patriot PAC 3, THEL, S-400 and 1/6 of the VLS cells tied to the AEGIS system. Only 4 of the centers will control THAAD batteries. Each center is capable of controlling all the weapons in its sector, and is hardened against air attack. All weapons are housed in hardened buried bunkers. THEL batteries and gun CIWS and RAM batteries are being deployed to provide point-defence for each air defence location.

OTH/OTH-B radar systems are now under construction and are expected to be ready for testing come end of the year. 2 radars will be placed in Greece where one will be at Athens covering our southern flank, one will be covering our northern flank. 4 will will be in Anatolia, where one will be at Smyrna covering the south eastern Mediterranean (and beyond), another at Anatolia covering the east, one at Jerusalem covering the southern flank, and one at Trepizond covering the Black Sea.

The stratellite radar systems will be placed over the east and west Mediterranean to provide all round surveillance of any aircraft coming from Japanistan.

"Well fair enough. I take it this will take up to the end of the year, while the training of the 24 new air defence legions will take another year to complete. Fair enough. Just make sure we have enough air cover and defences when war starts."

"Yes sire. Also, we suggest that we start building up a force of ballistic missiles, short and medium range, that we can use to ... saturate the enemy with lots of missiles."

"How many missiles are we talking about."

"On the other of ... thousands I would think."

"I will take to the CSR on what is good for us."

"Yes sire. Oh by the way, I talked to Admiral Nasus and he suggested retrofitting all Byzantine warships with RBU-1000 and RBU-12000 ASW launchers. For carriers, 4 RBU-12000 and 4 RBU-6000 launchers. The For the cruisers and destroyers we can definitely squeeze one of each, while the frigates probably one RBU-1000 and the corvettes, one RBU-1000. The Kirovs already have them so it doesn't matter. We plan to add them to our next class of destroyers and cruisers."

"Alright."
Results:

-OOB updated to reflect new changes to air defence (or rather, a more comprehensive write up)
- 2 Combat Engineer battalions, 2 Heavy Helicopter battalions and 2 Utility Helicopter battalions to be added to each legion
- 1 RBU-6000 and 1 RBU-12000 launcher to be added to all destroyers and cruisers, and 1 RBU-6000 to be added to all corvettes and frigates. 4 RBU-12000/6000 launchers to be added for carriers
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-09-28 07:29am, edited 4 times in total.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

[OOC: I hope this Commodore Ciaphas Cain guy is like is 40k equivalent, all lighthearted and fun, rather than like most firm hardassed Byzantines. Maybe high command chose him for the exercises since they know he'd get along well with the Shroomanians. :P]
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Imperial Chronicles

The collection of warships arrived in Shroomania where the other Shroomanian warships were waiting. Commodore Ciaphas Cain headed over to the Shroomanian flagship cruiser waiting.

"Good evening Commodore, Commodore Ciaphas Cain, of the Byzantine Imperial Navy. I have here my ships that are meant for Anti-Submarine work, along with the salvage vessels, which can most certainly scan the surface depths."

(OOC: Shroom, try adding some input?)

The Shroomanian Sea of Shroomania, off the coast of Shroomania, Shroomania
Aboard the SSS Winston Church Shroom

The Byzantine flotilla was greeted by an equal number of Shroomanian ships led by the Ticonderoga-class cruiser SSS Winston Church Shroom. Following the Winston Church Shroom were the Arleigh Burke-class destroyers SSSs Intolerable II and Intersection XVII. The Invincible III was slotted to join them as well, but it had accidentally rammed an Astarian frieghter bound from Sargonia to Astaria (and in the process, several hundred "passengers" were rescued from the ruined "passenger" ship) and thus had to be brought to drydock for repairs. Also among the vessels were Type 23 frigates SSS Edmund Duke and the Donald Duke, and the Virginia-class submarine Dietrich Dugong. There were some other vessels as well, but they would be unmentioned.

The Byzantine Commodore Ciaphas Cain came to the Winston Church Shroom to meet his peer and equal, Commodore Cornelius Coot. Thus, Commodore Cain came to Commodore Coot's private quarters - where he was offered a choice between Arabian Tea and Canissian Coffee. Commodore Coot would've offered him Vinish or Byzantine wines, but since they were both professionals, drinking on the job would've been highly inappropriate. Thus, Cornelius kept his alcohol safely in a concealed hip flask.

"Welcome Commodore, Commodore Cornelius Coot, of the Sovereign Navy," Cornelius replied curtly. "You have an impressive collection of vessels and seamen, along with your deep probes.

"Today will be a good day for both our navies, and the same goes for the days to come. Together, our vessels and seamen will scour the depths for the Shroom Viking, which was lost in the Atlantic Ocean on its way to the Dominion. At the same time, we shall have exercises to prepare ourselves for a variety of circumstances. While we will be far from the shores of our neighbors, those of them who truly wish to see us perform our exercises will still be able to get a good look of us flexing our marine muscles. It'll be a learning experience for us and our men, and for any voyeuristic onlookers as well.

"I apologize though, Commodore, that with our tight schedule, you and your men won't be able to set foot on Shroomanian soil before we begin our exercises in the Atlantic. However, perhaps on our way back, we can stop by and you and your men can... sample the local cuisine?"

[OOC: Okay, here we go. Basically I'm saying that the last transmission of the Shroom Viking would be somewhere in the Atlantic, in the middle of nowhere.]
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

PCIA: Supreme Soviet decides in a 203-82 decision that no C.S.R. soldiers will be sent as peacekeepers to the OD-Shepistan DMZ

The Supreme Soviet today ruled that no CSR soldiers will be sent to a peacekeeping mission in a war which no CSR soldier participated in, which the CSR constantly rebuffed in diplomatic messages and was holding a constant anti-war position.

Shepistan and Old Dominion have drafted their peace accords apparently without even consulting the nations whose forces they have writted into DMZ peacekeepers, which led to the denial of any forces for the problem zone.

Besides, as the Ministry reminds all interested nations, the CSR troops are already dedicated to several peacekeeping missions.

PCIA: Official Invitations to Top-Level scientific and industrial specialists sent into all nations of the world
Dear reader!

This letter is an official invitation for you to participate in the greatest project of our century - the one and only city where all people come together as brothers for the betterment of mankind:

COMMUNE-1*
* - proposed outlook of the inner city after several years of construction

In COMMUNE-1, all goods and services are provided with zero charge, while everyone works for the common good. This great city strives to create a new socio-economic formation on an unprecended scale.

What will you get from applying for the COMMUNE-1 project?

1) Free travel in and out of COMMUNE-1

2) A 4-year shortened C.S.R. programme with citizenship as a result, and no penalties towards your former citizenship (currently the only allowed program for double-citizenship in the C.S.R.)

3) Mutual relations, work and cooperation with the C.S.R. and other foreign brightest minds in all industrial sectors for the benefit of all. Projects include, but are not limited to:

- urban construction
- industrial construction
- fundamental sciences' research
- space exploration research
- applications of nuclear and thermonuclear power reserach
and much more!

4) The true spirit of communism!

Fill in the COMMUNE CITIZEN APPLICATION FORM attached to this letter and send it via fax or e-mail!

FOR DETAILS CALL (FAX) 7-191-72-00-91: CSR PCIA, or
EMAIL citizenship_application@commune1.csr

APPLY NOW!
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Srdjan Karic, a criminal. The most wanted man in the USSR. Everybody was looking for him, but he was still free. Free to plan his revenge. It had been weeks now, weeks of hiding in the old mines. The time had come for him to leave the safety of the mines and exact his revenge on Premier Shady and the USSR. But how? If he made a move within the USSR, NOD would find out and he would soon be dead. And then he saw the perfect opportunity in the newspaper headline, the headline read, "Premier Shady to visit PeZookia". The idea had come to him like a revelation, a sign from God, he would kill Premier Shady and he would do it on PeZookian soil.

"Time to pay some old friends a visit.", Karic thought to himself.

Results: Karic plots his revenge.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomStratTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
SHROOMKING'S STAY

Stephen Shroom-King, in a book signing event for The Shroomslinger, his most critically acclaimed work in theoretical physics.

The renowned physicist and bestselling horror novel writer Stephen Professor Shroom-King has announced in a four hour address that he will be flying to the Crimson Star Republic to stay in their planned COMMUNE-1 community.

Aside from crucial biotechnological experiments, Shroomania and the Crimson Star Republic are also working together in key research regarding theoretical physics and nuclear science. Professor Shroom-King is among the foremost minds in these projects.

Professor Shroom-King has announced that his stay will not be a permanent one, and that while he will be living in the COMMUNE for an extended period of time, he will still visit Shroomania to give lectures in universities and to partake in book signing events. He will also be in constant communication with friends via Stratellite internet.

Aside from his breakthrough research in theoretical physics and his bestselling horror stories involving killer clowns, Professor Stephen Shroom-King is also known for the use of his heavily automated wheelchair that allows him to communicate via digitized voice. Professor Shroom-King uses this wheelchair due to a spinal injury from a horse riding accident.

However, despite his disabilities, Professor Shroom-King has become one of Shroomania's most successful and famous scientific minds - interacting with key members of the Shroomanian Parliament, and gaining international acclaim.

Professor Shroom-King poses with a fellow scientist, and a member of the Shroomanian Parliament.

Professor Shroom-King enjoying the services of Sirnoth's Red Orchid women.

Professor Shroom-King's extended stay in the CSR will mark another high-profile Shroomanian visitation to the CSR, after Shroomanta Smith's two-week trip.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Trials to Zagor War Criminals begin in Canissia

Today is the first day of the Zagor war trials that are being held in Canissia. Over thirty alleged war criminals will face trial today, the accusations against them are numerous but the prominent ones are charges of ethnic cleansing and mass murder of the Sargonian people, during the brief but intense war between Sargonia and Zagor. As we all remember the Zagor Empire launched a blitzkrieg attack upon the Sargonian Republic and within a few short days managed to almost completely overrun the Sargonian defences. Were it not for the quick intervention of the Glorious USSR and other SNC forces the war could have been even a lot more devastating and deadly to the Sargonian people.

The Trials are expected to last several months, during which time prosecutors from the USSR and PeZookia will try to establish the guilt of those accused. We have information that most of the men arrested have hired Shroomanian Defence attorney's to defend them in the process. Heavy Canissian security will be present during the trials, mostly due to the fear of possible terrorist attacks and large scale protests.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

At the Frequesuan Neutrality Conference
Steve wrote:"I would suggest that the Conference, having made progress already on the question of the FTO's place in dealing with outside powers, agree to a statement recognizing the current condition of South Frequesue and Westchester and their political status as parts of the Crimson Star Republic and Tian Xia. I understand that you would be reluctant to such a concession, but refusing to accept the point does far more harm to your credibility diplomatically than accepting it could."
Sub-director Charlie Duquesne was dead-tired of this conference. Somehow, every meeting always seemed to come down to the same thing: Give in or give out. At some level she knew that something would have to give for this conference went anywhere, but the mere thought of rewarding the brazen CSR walk-out by acceding brought a bitter taste to her mouth. She'd just plain had enough of this.

With the press of a button, she activated her microphone. The attention of the room turned to her like a searchlight. "We..." She hesitated. For brief moments even Duquesne herself was convinced she would blow the deal off. Brief seconds ticked away like eternities. Her slender fountain pen gyrated between her fingers. This doesn't get us anywhere, she pondered. But neither does giving in for no gain... Although...

Resolved, she turned back to the microphone. "In the interest of peace and regional stability we hereby formally declare that San Dorado is provisionally willing to concede the matter and recognize the current political status of the south as de jure. I reiterate: Provisionally, meaning on the explicit stipulation that this gesture of goodwill on our part ought to be met with some demonstrable measure of good faith on the part of the, ah, other disputant parties."

She depressed the microphone button and leaned back in her chair. A branch had been offered, after a kind-of-sort-of fashion. That was as far as she could go.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Serenity Sentinel

The Kingdom of Serenity Welcomes King Leighton-I

The Royal Palace has confirmed that His Majesty King Yenchin will be meeting with His Majesty King Leighton-I of the United Kingdom of Zoria, for talks on various possible pacts.

===========================

Your Majesty,

Current post-war plans include the following, starting in FY'10, with various target dates depending on items:

1. Despite being delayed for 1 year due to the war, continuous construction of all the Astutes. However, due to loss of the SSNs, instead of being designated to the Taoist Port they'll be designated to expeditionary forces. Whether there will be more SSNs for the Port will be determined afterwards.

2. Abandonment of the plans for 2 Ticos, continuous construction of the other 2 ones. New cruiser designs pending for MESS New Horizon Program results.

3. No plans for a new carrier task force for 1 year. All surviving vessels of Serenity CTF will be designated as Task Force Riki-O.

4. Replenishment of Super Hornet CAG on Mangka Carrier Task Force.

5. Replenish recruitment of Marine and Airborne forces to orignal strength.

We strongly advise the Kingdom to cease from launching the Mangka Carrier Task Force on expeditionary missions until the first Astute is commissioned to replenish the loss of the Task Force. However, missions limited in the Pacifica Theatre would be evaluated on a case by case basis.

The Good Mountain Project's schedule has halted for the rest of the year due to war expenses. Fortunately progress has been in advance for half a year, so by the end of this year we will still be on schedule. However, due to the possible military expenses of FY'10, construction will be slower. Hopefully there will be enough space to hold the F-22s we purchased from Canissia when they arrive.

Signed,

General Song Wu, Hallmaster
Hall of Tigers, Ministry of Defence
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Hong Kong Times

TXAF issues contract to LTVR for A-7 upgrade

The A-7 Corsair II dates back to the mid-1960s. Through a series of upgrades and new manufactures, it's remained one of the greatest carrier based assets of the TXAF. The current iteration, the A-7F, was manufactured in the early 90s, and is beginning to show it's age. As a result, the TXAF has decided to issue a contract for an upgraded version. This version, to be known as the A-7G, will remanufactured, bringing the aircraft to zero flight time, as well as perform a comprehensive avionics upgrade.

The upgrade has been termed the FA-7 upgrade, because it will return the A-7 back to it's roots, and give it effectively a light fighter capability, with the ability to launch and guide AIM-120 air to air missiles, due to a new AESA radar. It will retain all it's current attack capability, including maritime strike. It will also feature an engine upgrade, resulting in improved performance at all altitudes, including supercruise capability, depending on outfit. This ability is shared by the F-14E and F models.

MT&T nears completion of 4G network

The 4G network has been designed to allow ubiquitous high speed internet and voice access from nearly anywhere in the country. It currently reaches 90% of MT&T's subscribers, with most of the remaining being in fairly rural areas.

Hurricane Amy pummels south eastern Shinra

TXAF orders additional ADM-160 MALDs from LTVR
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Union Press

King Leighton-I leaves for Serenity

King Stephen-I International Airport-Today, His Majesty, King-Leighton-I, Leader, Protector and Defender of the United Kingdom of Zoria and Shogun of Zoria has left for the Capital City of Serenity Wuhan to meet with His Majesty King Yenchin on the possibility of the alliance at 12:30 PM aboard his personnal supersonic aircraft Zoria-I, arriving shortly afterwards. Discussions are slated to begin shortly. His majesty has stated that a Joint Pacific Defense program between pacific states would be favourable to global security.

---

Trailer Transcript

The Trailer starts black screen with the sound of a militersitic drum heavy traditional Japanese score rolls over as the words are spoken by a strong male voice.

"For centuries, we had called this island Home"

Cut to a scene of thriving 18th century Zorian Japanese City of Nagijima, very much Japanese in Apperence in terms of architecure and Dress, with a few diferences, such as the walls being more in tune of those of Georgian era England and carts being pulled by both Cattle and Giant Wombats and a few other minor details. After a few seconds, the city emerged.

"We have made this land our own and thrived. When Zorston's party arrived a century ago..."

Scene cuts to the city of Port Victory, a thriving Colonial City

"Zorston offered to open up trade in exchange for a few parcels of Land. He opened up the Island to Trade that we grew rich off of and together put down several savage realms, while making those realms willing to trade with them rich and propserous..."

Cut to black

"Then things changed."

Cut to a scene in Port Victory's Town Square in which a Shroomanian Official in Red reads from a scroll

"By Order of His Majesty the King of Shroomania, the Stewardship of His Majesty's settlements by the Shroomanian Settlement Syndicate is to come to an End."

Turns to an image of Michael Zorston in his office

"Shroomania had decided to put all of the Island to their yoke and had ordered Michael Zorston to end a century of good relations with the Islands nation's with a stab in the back.

But the dagger offered found another to rest in."

Cue a picture of Shroomanian Ships being Stormed by angry Zorian mobs armed with muskets, cutlasses, Knives, pichforks while the shroomanian flag burned. Before fading to black.

"Now, the man ordered to lead our subjugation stands with us. Viking and Shinto alike. To fight for the Freedom of the Island..."

Cues shots of Green Jacketed Colonial Soldiers flying a Blue Compass Rose Banner, Norse Musketmen and Cavalrymen armed with Axe and Musket (a few times combined into the same weapon) and Shinto Shinto Samurai and Ashigaru assembled.

"Against those who would burn and subjugate all who oppose them."

Switches to falanxes of Shroomcoats under command of General Arthur Mangson, Music Becomes more forboding

"They shall taste our fury."

The Music really picks up as battles sceens insue as Shroomcoats engage in Epic Battles with armies of Zorian Soldiers. Cannons fire salvos while muskets volleys are exchanged and Zorian Cavalry and Infantry classes. Katanas meet cutlasses while beared norsemen rush into battle on Horseback and on foot. The trailer ends as a Zorian Norse Warrior armed with one of there Axe Muskets send the weapon into the neck of a Shroomcoat, cutting to black. The Title of the film then Rolls.

REVOLUTION

Then a note saying, Comming Next Spring, then various information before the trailer ends
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Livorno, AFSR

Zorin smiled with a huge smile. The secretary held the typewriter for a moment.

- Next, "...we are relieved to hear that San Dorado finally accepts the legal authority in these lands".

- Maybe you meant "in this land"?

- You can use "lands" and the meaning would be almost the same, - Zorin smiled again. - But it adds a subtle double-meaning to the message. You know, the read-behind-the-line message.

- And?

- "And we are open to any negotiations that San Dorado wishes to engage in with our nation."
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Woman: "Free Tookie"; Prisons Bureau: "Who?"

Shaunice Wilson, a one woman protest group

For the past two years, a lone woman has dedicated her time to free the death row inmate Stanley "Tookie" Williams. There's just one problem.

There is no such inmate.

"We have no idea who she's talking about," says a Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman.

Indeed, a comprehensive search of police, court, and prison records of the past twenty years make no mention of any "Tookie" Williams being in the system, much less on death row.

"It's almost like she's from another world or something," remarked a corrections officer as he headed in to work.

The woman, Shaunice Wilson of Los Angeles, claims "Tookie" is a former gang member who was convicted of several murders in 1979. The first was of an employee of a "7-Eleven" convenience store - a chain which has not ever existed so far as business records show - and later of an immigrant family that owned the "Brookhaven Motel" - again, records have no mention of any such business. Police say they've never heard of these crimes.

Undaunted, Ms. Wilson claims that "Tookie" has reformed and become a prominent anti-gang activist, as well as the author of several children's books. She claims the lack of records is simply evidence of a government conspiracy, meant to enable them to "murder poor Tookie" without attracting protest.

"But their plan didn't work, because here I am."

Results:

Apparently, Q has a sense of humor. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Revision of Aircraft orders

The Government has done a quick review of its aircraft orders. It has been decided that instead of ordering upgrading all Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche III to Tranche IV standard, it will instead replace all with Tranche IV. The decision was made when it was decided that proposed Tranche IV was not altogether compatible with Tranche III as Tranche IV has the ability to be refitted with FAST packs customized for the Euro Typhoon. The replacement will take over a year.

The Government has also decided to instead boost the number of air interceptors in the air force. While orders for the MIG-31BM and F-22A are slowly trickling in, there are questions as to whether more F-15F ACTIVEs and MIG-31BM should be acquired. F-22A is a very expensive aircraft, and perhaps another heavy Generation 4.5 aircraft should be acquired. In the interim, the Government has boosted its investment in the MIG-31T SNC joint project which includes not just a major revision of the MIG-31BM, but also a slew of new missiles with longer range and greater maneuverability to take advantage of the new aircraft. "We need a new heavy Gen 4.5 aircraft. Gen 5 are too expensive. We are studying whether we should go with more F-15F or MIG-31BM, or maybe go with one of the newer Su-27 variants. At the moment, we are getting our MIG-31BM line started to locally produce 4 aircraft a month to supplement the 8 aircraft a month we get from USSR. In effect, 144 MIG-31BM will be acquired this year instead.

Byzantine Telecom begins deploying a 4G network and an Empire-wire WIFI network.

In an effort to bring WIFI to the masses and allow people to access the internet wherever they are, Byzantine Telecom has rolled out a 4G network and WIFI network to span the Empire. The WIFI network will offer 801.11n internet access for all. More importantly, Byzantine Telecom has begun offering an Internet Telephony service, along with Internet Telephones.

Icarus Electronics set to launch a new processor line

Icarus Electronics, battling fierce competition from IRT and Shroomania, has begun launching the new processor line SOREQ. SOREQ is centered on a new core design and a new graphic core design. Each core is capable of executing 6 instructions per cycle and features an Integrated Memory Controller for each core. The graphics core is capable of supporting DirectX 10.1 while offering excellent FPU and graphics performance. SOREQ will be offered in 4 core + 1 graphic core, and 2 x 4 core + 1 graphic core packages.

Universities in Byzantium eager to work with their CSR counterparts in Commune-1

The Universities in Byzantium are eager to work together with their CSR counterparts in the contruction of Commune-1. "I think it's a beautiful idea, with an almost utopian feel. I speak for many of my fellow faculty when we say we don't mind doing occasional sabbaticals in Commune-1. In fact, with the collapse of Indophal's Collider project, I think we might try to build a ring collider there," says the Dean of Science, University of Constantinople.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-10-11 03:10am, edited 3 times in total.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Vice President Verdes leaves for trip to Frequesue in support of San Magdalena Accord

ADAMS, CAPITAL DISTRICT - Vice President Alexandra Verdes waved goodbye to a small crowd of attendants as she boarded the modified B-777 Cascadia Two to fly to the continent of Frequesue, where she will visit the nations of northeast Frequesue. The Vice President, exercising her position's traditional role in traveling overseas, will go to the capitals of Sabika, Omango, Coilerburg, and Indhopal to meet with leading government officials to encourage ratification of the San Magdalena Accord. The Vice President's journey is expected to include a visit to the disputed town of Saffonburg, which the Accord would return to Sabika, and tours of the border checkpoints manned by FTO peacekeepers. Chief of Staff Sara Fisher indicated that the Vice President was also planning to acknowledge more humanitarian efforts in the former war zone.

Though the visit is expected to be focused on northeast Frequesue, sources from within the Presidential House indicate that the Vice President may also seek to visit Livorno in the former nation of South Frequesue in an attempt to convince Crimson Star officials to rejoin the Frequesue Neutrality Conference on the strength of the recent FTO acknowledgement of the fact of the CSR annexation of the People's Republic of South Frequesue.

President Garrett to consider more active role in foreign policy, is contemplating state visits to Old Continent capitals in 2010

ADAMS, CAPITAL DISTRICT - Sources from the staff of the Presidential House indicate that President Garrett has begun arrangements with the State Department to make a series of state visits to the Old Continent sometime in 2010. Though neither the President's Office nor the State Department have confirmed, according to sources President Garrett is seeking to take a more direct role in foreign policy and establishing Cascadia's place in the world, including being the first Cascadian President to make an overseas state visit since President Coglin attended the ceasefire talks with Shepistan and Japanistan in 1946.

State Department to send envoy to Sirnoth Summit

ADAMS, CAPITAL DISTRICT - The State Department has confirmed that an envoy is being dispatched to attend the Sirnoth Summit, where Ambassador Waltrip will also attend some meetings on behalf of the Republic of Cascadia. An official press releases shows that the State Department is expressing hope that the Summit will perhaps open avenues for a more permanent peace in various parts of the world.

International Peace Corps confirms volunteers missing in Bissaru

VANCOUVER, OLYMPIA - The International Peace Corps, a non-profit organization that recruits young professionals and students from across the world for work in underdeveloped regions, has confirmed that several Peace Corps volunteers have disappeared in the nation of Bissaru. The volunteers were working in a village of the Sasurah tribe in northern Bissaru, two hundred miles from the capital of Dultah, handing out food and medicine to locals and assisting in growing in the harsh tropical environment of Bissaru. Preliminary reports indicate that a rival tribe recently launched a number of attacks on the Sasurah villages. It has been over a week since any word was heard from the local volunteers. The Cascadian State Department is attempting to work with the government of President Ouled Gujani to help locate the missing volunteers.

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

SBC News Special: William Johnson interviews President Shinra

JOHNSON: Good evening, Mister President. Thank you for taking the time to be here.

SHINRA: Glad to be here, Bill.

JOHNSON: So I'm sure this is no surprise to you, but I'd like to talk a little about the recent war. First of all, why did the MESS get involved at all?

SHINRA: No surprise at all, Bill. As to why the MESS was involved, it's simple: the Old Dominion invoked Article Three of the MESS charter, which calls upon members to assist another in the event of an attack.

JOHNSON: But why this conflict? There had been another conflict between those two nations during which Article Three was not invoked, after all.

SHINRA: You are correct. However it should be noted that things have changed since then. The Old Dominion, following that conflict, attempted to seek a peace treaty with Shepistan. They received no response. Instead, during a diplomatic conference held in the neutral country of Pezookia, the Shepistanis chose to send an assassin to kill Foreign Minister Evan Miranov of the Old Dominion. They poisoned him, Bill. And when the Pezookians attempted to hold the assassin, the Shepistanis sent tanks to the Pezookian embassy and threatened their diplomats until the assassin was released. This was an incident without any precedent known in the world. Assassinating a foreign cabinet official during a diplomatic conference hosted by a third party, and claiming diplomatic immunity for their assassin? That alone changes things, Bill. But as we all know, it is hardly the only example of recent Shepistani atrocities.

JOHNSON: Go on.

SHINRA: There was the incident where Shepistan decided to execute a defector's family. By feeding them into an industrial shredder. And televised it. A tape of which was "leaked" to the international press. Then there was the incident where they launched a massive mining operation off the Velarian coast; including the area in which the Cascadian government was conducting a landing operation for peacekeeping forces. A dangerous act in which only blind luck kept any Cascadian ships from being damaged. And then there was the massive bombing campaign targeted against civilian villages in Velaria proper, documentation of which was provided to my government and has been released today to the press.

JOHNSON: So you feel these actions were what prompted the MESS intervention?

SHINRA: Yes I do. These open provocations, against not just MESS nations but neutral parties as well, indicate that Shepistan is run by dangerous and irrational people, who think nothing of openly provoking the rest of the world and treat international conventions as a shield for their own crimes, certainly not as rules to be followed. The assassin who murdered Minister Miranov, I should note, has been to this day shielded by the Shepistani government.

JOHNSON: What of the fact that the Old Dominion only invoked Article Three after it started military operations with the occupations of West Fuckland and the Republic of San Fuego?

SHINRA: The old Dominion was simply seeking to enforce the conditions of the 1947 Ceasefire. They had tried to do so diplomatically but were rebuffed and ignored. So they took the only course left available to them, the use of force. Shepistan, which had already breached the ceasefire and was thus, technically, already at war with the Old Dominion, then chose to strike at the Old Dominion carrier group.

JOHNSON: Has it been considered that if the MESS extricated itself from the affairs in the Crater Archipelago, Shepistan may cease being hostile to the outside world?

SHINRA: We had already done so, in very large part. There were no major MESS forces stationed in the Old Dominion, nor any major MESS presence in the region at all, until after the Shepistani IRBM attack against the Old Dominion. Further, we did not begin a presence with our exercise, Whirlwind 2008, until after the Minister Miranov assassination. Shepistan had already shown their callous disregard for the conventions of civilized nations before the MESS had begun to rotate forces into the region, in what was hoped would be a move to keep Shepistan from further aggression. This obviously did not happen. Further, that would only explain incidents directed towards the MESS. What is their excuse for an assassination during a Pezookian hosted conference, or minelaying in the middle of Cascadian naval operations?

JOHNSON: Why did it take so long for your government to answer the call issued by the Old Dominion, then, if you feel so strongly about Shepistani actions?

SHINRA: To protect innocent parties. As I noted, the Shepistanis are willing to not just bait and provoke the MESS but other nations as well. We had troops operating in conjunction with the Cascadian government on Velaria, and I had no doubt had we declared war the Shepistani military would have targeted the Cascadian mission to "attack the MESS" and, in the process, attack Cascadian forces as well. I had no desire to make them targets due to General Sheppard's insanity, so I held off officially declaring war until such time as we could withdraw our forces away from neutral parties. Parties Shepistan has already shown they have no compunction in harming anyway.

JOHNSON: Do you have any comment on the difficulties the MESS suffered through?

SHINRA: The defender has a natural advantage. Added to that, Shepistan has invested almost entirely towards their military development, as opposed to other nations who seek a balance in spending. Furthermore, they clearly formed their entire defensive strategy against a war with MESS forces, which one could take as a sign they obviously knew their continuing provocations would eventually engender a response from the alliance.

JOHNSON: So it was the strength of these defenses that kept the MESS from taking the war further? That was the reason behind the armistace?

SHINRA: Absolutely not. Yes we took some bad hits. But the Shepistanis, from a relative standpoint, lost far more of their forces. The MESS has sufficient depth in forces to sustain the losses we did, from a strict military standpoint. Shepistan does not. That is not to say we treat the loss of life lightly; far from it. No, the reason the MESS ceased their attacks was simple: we came to the aid of the Old Dominion. The Old Dominion signed an armistace with Shepistan. Therefore, the MESS stood down.

JOHNSON: So it was the Old Dominion's fault, then?

SHINRA: Not in any way. The simple fact is, in a war with Shepistan they would take the hardest hits. Geography dictates that much. Continued action against Shepistan would make things worse for them. So rather than needlessly throw away lives, they managed to find a solution that was agreeable to them, and accepted it. It should be noted, again, that the Old Dominion has tried before to seek a lasting peace with Shepistan. War is, for those of us who care for the wellfare of our populations, the last resort. If we can bring it to an end that achieves objectives we are satisfied with, then we should certainly take that chance.

JOHNSON: Than why did you ignore the Japanistani calls for a ceasefire?

SHINRA: Japanistan, when it comes to Shepistan, is not a neutral party. Those attacks against Velarian villages I mentioned earlier? They were from Shepistani aircraft based in Japanistani airfields. The simple fact is, the Japanistani ceasefire would have simply allowed Shepistan to continue their path of aggression against all peoples of the world. The fact is, the very first aid Japanistan announced it would provide to Sheppard and his government was in the form of weapons. Not food, not medicine, not civilian infrastructure reconstruction. Weapons. I think that illustrates their priorities with regards to Shepistan. The armistace as signed at least makes an attempt to limit the damage future Shepistani aggression could bring. The Japanistani plan did not.

JOHNSON: On to domestic matters, Mister President...

[Interview continues on]
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Riots Continue throughout northern Wilkonia

While the current winter has been notable mostly for its prolonged mild stretches in an already mild country Northern WIlkonia, in paticular the mountenous provinces near Shinra have always been the first to feel the winter's bite. For most of the last 20 years the government and the Home Secretary have always sought to utilize the strategic reserve and other leverage buying institutions in order to provide affordable heating alternatives for people living away from centralized electric and natural gas supply lines.

This year, hwever, with the government's focus on managing the response to the crisis in the Fucklands and the consequent MESS/Shepistani-War several domestic programs have been shortchanged by the government's lack of funds to continue them. In paticular the home heating oil program has suffered as the Ministry of Defense locked down any access to the SPR for the duration ofthe crisis which was only declared as fully resolved earlier this month. Residents throughout the Glenelg province in paticular County Odenton and County Bowie have been staging a series of protests. Last night they turned violent for the first time.

In the center of Highlandtown, the local seat of County Odenton, more than a dozen protesters physically stormed the courthouse and county offices damaging electronics as well as several offices in the county clerk's wing. Constbales were called in to support the limited force the Sheriff's office had on hand to monitor the protests and quickly contained the outburst. Damage estimates are still mild but with several Deputy's hospitalized in the effort to calm the rioters, as well as a half dozen rioters themselves injured, the provincial government has officially requested the Home office to intervene with a declaration of a "state of concern" at a bare minimum.

Already the Federalist party was up in arms about the diversion of resources from rebuilding the military which they have been calling for since the first wave of casulaty reports was received. In the meantime the majority Labour party was trying to delicately balance its committment to maintaining a stable budget while also relieving citiznes in the province which is home to the Deputy Whip Hon F Malcom Vincent. Neither the Green, Republican, Whig nor Tory parties have issued statements though none holds more than a single parliamentary seat in either of the two counties.

-------------

Minor disruptions to Wilkonian social order are spreading out as the party in power attempts to appease everyone while the main opposition gets on a hard-right national security kick. With elections this year (2009) in September everyone is trying to position themselves to be winners.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

CSR, Grozny, Black Sea Fleet, Cruiser "Admiral Ushakov"

The cruiser was slowly leaving the docks after a massive overhaul of it's missile tubes.

Instead of the P-700 Granit supersonic missiles, the C.S.R. and Byzantine specialists working in the Black Sea 61 Communar Shipyard, refitted the first of the Pr.1144.6 cruisers - the six being for "Mod.6", with the newest and deadliest weapon devised together by the cunning engineers of both nations.

The cruiser now carried 16 P-750 "Meteorit-ML" - four missiles were conceded due to the need for wider and far longer tubes. As the previous missiles, they were launched at 45 deg slope internal launchers.

The lightweight (L) 7 ton version of the parent 13-ton, 5000 km ranged Meteorit-M 3M25 hypersonic cruise missile was fitted on the ship not to upset the balance. Of course, dispensing heavy MRBM-derived boosters for a more lightweight solid-state booster decreased the launch mass, but the missile was still heavy.

The forward S-300FM SAM launcher block had to be removed to make way for the new system.

With a cruise speed of Mach 3 at an altitude 22-24 km and over Mach 4 terminal decline speed, the missile boasted a 3000-3500 km range.
The Meteorit also boasted unconventional stealth technologies for hypersonic cruise missiles - despite the large RCS due to the missile's size, the engineers devised a third protective mechanism to complement the high speed and extreme altitude - internal air ionizers which worked during the cruise, creating a trail of ionized air in the missile's wake to divert possible enemy SAMs.

This missile swap on "Admiral Ushakov" was kept secret from the world - after all, given satellite photography was in it's infancy, it would be hard to gather meaningful intelligence on what kind of modernization the Crimson and Byzantiune navies were up to. But even if agents of foreign powers managed to get a few spy shots at the ship leaving harbor, they would only confirm what most knew - that the S.N.C. nations seeked to increase the versatility and the combat potential of their navies.

Once devised as a counter against powerful carrier battlegroups, now the fleets were given the means to conduct strategic strikes into enemy territory, or engage enemy ships at super-long ranges.

And somewhere in the deep vaults of the military-industrial complex under the city of Vladimir, Gleb Lozino-Lozinsky, the chief constructor of hypersonic vehicles in the C.S.R., pushed KB Novator, KB Rubin and CMKB to produce more missiles - the "Strategic Navy Upgrade Program" required that all of C.S.R. Kirov-class cruisers undergo the upgrade to 1144.6 standard during the next two years.

Assalti Frontali