SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Fourth

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Re: SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Fourth

Post by Coyote »

RogueIce wrote:MESS-CATO Summit

Towards the end of the break, Rufus caught up with Arik and his litter. He smiled to himself at the phrase. Well fuck it, I first knew him as 'Coyote' so calling his little retinue of children a litter makes some sense.

"Arik, good to see you. Might I have a word with you?"
"Please, by all means," Arik said, "And hopefully concepts of sense and diplomacy are factored into this somehow. I'm beginning to feel embarassed that I ever attached my name to the call for this summit..."
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

The Goddamn Conference in Goddamn Unreal Fucking Time

"I am glad to see some of our MESS friends still keep to their same old patterns of behavior.", President Shady said with a smile.

"Now if you gentlemen can be reasonable for a few moments, I believe we can get on to the business at hand.", Shady said, "Comrade Decius has made an offer, that offer is the CATO offer of peace - the thing we came here to discuss. I suggest that the MESS reign in their barking dogs and answer our proposal, if not - well, then this conference has no purpose and can be considered a failure."

Result: :mrgreen:
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

World Summit

Before any response from offended or irritated MESS delegates could be made, the gavel again pounded. "President Shady, while I appreciate the reminder of the business on the table, the rest of your remarks are not helping in our situation and I must ask you refrain from them. If you wish to issue a complaint about how some delegates are behaving, please quietly address it to the chair."
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

World Summit

"My apologies Comrade President.", Shady said, "But it seems to me that some delegates are not very respectful of the chair or this entire summit for that matter. I did not come here to argue with children, if nobody wants to start something productive, then what is the point of this summit?"
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Coyote wrote:"Please, by all means," Arik said, "And hopefully concepts of sense and diplomacy are factored into this somehow. I'm beginning to feel embarassed that I ever attached my name to the call for this summit..."
"Some people just want to argue, I suppose. I had a chat with Minister Berman a few minutes ago concerning this very thing, in fact.

"But don't feel embarassed. These things...happen. We all have our differences and it could do well to work them out. Although with less acrimony than certain parties are managing right now."
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DarthShady wrote:World Summit

"My apologies Comrade President.", Shady said, "But it seems to me that some delegates are not very respectful of the chair or this entire summit for that matter. I did not come here to argue with children, if nobody wants to start something productive, then what is the point of this summit?"
"To try to resolve our differences, President Shady. But in order to do that, we have to identify what those differences are. One can easily point to nice talking points such as the Costas situation and Tian Xia's CFR intervention. But to get at the heart of the matter, we need to know why these have generated tension amongst us, in order that we may work to avoid such problems in the future.

"As my learned peers are well aware, many nations perceive things through the filter of their own interests. This, obviously, leads to different perspectives on issues that other may feel is plain and uncomplicated. Simply brushing aside such perspectives as 'wrong' while saying one's own perspective is 'right' is, in part, how I believe we came to be where we are today.

"As a result, I think such discussion concerning our perspectives on recent events is healthy, and indeed necessary. However, I think we need to do so with a less accusatory tone than we have thus far managed. We are here to try and find solutions to the tensions that have arisen between our nations. Compromise, if you will. Not to win in a debate."
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

"It is your people who started throwing around accusations, Comrade Rufus.", Shady said with a grin, "If you want us to resolve our differences, then I suggest you start making some constructive suggestions instead of preaching to me of things that you should have told your friends before coming here."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DarthShady wrote:"It is your people who started throwing around accusations, Comrade Rufus.", Shady said with a grin, "If you want us to resolve our differences, then I suggest you start making some constructive suggestions instead of preaching to me of things that you should have told your friends before coming here."
"Mister President, I was referring to everybody, whether they be MESS, CATO, or otherwise. My 'constructive suggestion' is that we allow this discussion concerning our differing perspectives to be had, although with all sides approaching things with an open mind. Not as an argument that must be won. If that intent was not clear before, I hope it is so now."

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

RogueIce wrote:
DarthShady wrote:"It is your people who started throwing around accusations, Comrade Rufus.", Shady said with a grin, "If you want us to resolve our differences, then I suggest you start making some constructive suggestions instead of preaching to me of things that you should have told your friends before coming here."
"Mister President, I was referring to everybody, whether they be MESS, CATO, or otherwise. My 'constructive suggestion' is that we allow this discussion concerning our differing perspectives to be had, although with all sides approaching things with an open mind. Not as an argument that must be won. If that intent was not clear before, I hope it is so now."
"I haven't seen much discussion so far, only accusations that were thrown around. I am quite willing to participate in a civilized discussion, if it can be had. As a matter of fact let's start right now. What is the MESS answer to the CATO proposal given to you by Emperor Heraclius?"
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Decius wrote:
"The CATO Proposal"
1. Regular meetings between foreign ministers to discuss various issues, and to come to a compromise on various outstanding issues within a reasonable time period. A red line between all leaders in the form of a video conference, should matters of urgency arise, should be set up.
"The vote from Canissia is: aye."
2. Notifications that a certain nation seeking to join either alliance, be they as an observer or a full member will be delivered promptly at least 3 months before actual admittance. The decision on admission will be sent to both sides when they are made and these notifications must be at least one month before actual admittance.
"Again, the vote of Canissia is aye."
4. That Tian Xia and the Frequesue nations must come into some kind of agreement in which all are treated as equals and that all respect each others' personal space, within reason. Details of which is something all of them will have to come to some agreement. It is also preferable that non-aligned nations will be part of this agreement. The issue is not a question of neutrality, but rather that no one goes barging in and then a war of words erupt.
"In principle, the nation of Canissia agrees with this proposal. However, I think it is important to add to this the notion that if Tian Xia and the Frequesnean nations involved are to come to their own agreement, then that means that other nations in the various alliances should refrain from interfering in the decisional process unless absolutely necessary-- preferably, only if called upon by the actual negotiating parties."
5. A joint policing force in Costa, and an eventual election which is fair and free from any corrupting forces.
"Agreed, and the Canissian Marines in place will hold their stations until such an agreement is met. When I talk about a 'freeze in place' of foreign involvement, I am, of course, talking about military adventures, not ordinary trade or investments."
"So now can we get the proper business of state moving? My government will support the ISCA and the Interpol, but we are more interested in achieving a detente, rather than ... an obvious upwelling of resentment of both sides which is making the atmosphere almost stifling if not childish."
"Wholeheartedly agreed, as well."
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Darth Shady wrote:"I haven't seen much discussion so far, only accusations that were thrown around. I am quite willing to participate in a civilized discussion, if it can be had. As a matter of fact let's start right now. What is the MESS answer to the CATO proposal given to you by Emperor Heraclius?"
"Indeed. Mr. President, you talk much about resolving differences", Commissioner Duquesne injected and looked at Rufus Shinra, "but we have been here for days on end now; and your alliance has seen fit to use those days solely to inanely accuse my nation of all kinds of absurd wrong-doings. You have not spoken out against these accusations, like you have done nothing to correct the egregious faux-pas your nation committed by the way you treated our ally, the Byzantine Empire. Instead you sit there and maintain that all are equally at fault. Well sir, we beg to disagree. Frankly the NFT has seen preciously little that suggests a willingness on part of the MESS to take responsibility its part in the recent escalation, let alone resolve these matters before us."

She paused briefly and looked at the Canissian representative. "Well, excepting the nation of Canissia. At least they seem to have a fair idea of proportionality and are quick to respond whenever a proposition is made." She turned back toward the President of the Shinra Republic. "Surely our proposal wasn't so difficult to decipher that it would take your diplomats so many days to compose a preliminary response?"
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Secretary Doyle spoke: "We have reviewed this proposal and have comments on it."
CATO Proposal wrote:1. Regular meetings between foreign ministers to discuss various issues, and to come to a compromise on various outstanding issues within a reasonable time period. A red line between all leaders in the form of a video conference, should matters of urgency arise, should be set up.
"We suggest a telecon over a VTC, simply due to the reduced technological requirements, and increased reliability."
2. Notifications that a certain nation seeking to join either alliance, be they as an observer or a full member will be delivered promptly at least 3 months before actual admittance. The decision on admission will be sent to both sides when they are made and these notifications must be at least one month before actual admittance.
"Agreed. These sudden shifts in alignment can radically change the balance of power and should not be undertaken as lightly as they seem to have been."
3. That Tian Xia and the Frequesue nations must come into some kind of agreement in which all are treated as equals and that all respect each others' personal space, within reason. Details of which is something all of them will have to come to some agreement. It is also preferable that non-aligned nations will be part of this agreement. The issue is not a question of neutrality, but rather that no one goes barging in and then a war of words erupt.
"It is certain that any crisis in F-ing will cause a war of words to erupt. Preventing a war of arms erupting is much more necessary. Clearer separation of our spheres of influence is necessary, for example: the UCSR fleet base in Livorno has been rendered redundant by the fact that there are military ports in the north of f-ing that they are free to use."
4. A joint policing force in Costa, and an eventual election which is fair and free from any corrupting forces.
"Tian Xia objects to any solution that carves up Costa piecemeal. It smacks far too much of colonial imperialism for national aggrandizement, not that it's stopped CATO before..."
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

And again the gavel banged. "Secretary Doyle, that last remark was out of order," a glowering President Garrett remarked.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

That Conference Thingy
In Outrageously Unreal Time

"There must be a solution that offers the people of the various Costan regions the opportunity to go dofferent ways, because so many opinons about which way is the correct one exist, in my opinion." Duke James said reasonably, before sitting back down.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

CASCADIAN CONFERENCE
TIME FOR A NEW WATCH

"A referendum vote will let the people of Costas choose for themselves," King Arik said, pleased there seemed to finally be some progress. "We may all have to reconcile ourselves to the fact they they may desire some of us, or none of us, involved. And I suppose we may have to accept the idea that they may choose to go their own seperate ways, divid into smaller cantons or even independent statelets.

"But either way, it is for the Costans themselves to decide... not us."

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

DarthShady wrote:"I haven't seen much discussion so far, only accusations that were thrown around. I am quite willing to participate in a civilized discussion, if it can be had. As a matter of fact let's start right now. What is the MESS answer to the CATO proposal given to you by Emperor Heraclius?"
"The MESS has no answer, inasmuch as we are not some monolithic superstate that can speak with one voice. The Shinra Republic generally agrees with all the points presented by Emperor Heraclius, and is willing to work together to iron out specific details as required."

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

With President Shinra's speaking over, President Garrett rose from his chair. "Given the support for using Exarch Decius' proposal as the basis for further negotiation, I am ready to hear a constructive opposing view before we move on to further business...."

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Coyote wrote:
4. That Tian Xia and the Frequesue nations must come into some kind of agreement in which all are treated as equals and that all respect each others' personal space, within reason. Details of which is something all of them will have to come to some agreement. It is also preferable that non-aligned nations will be part of this agreement. The issue is not a question of neutrality, but rather that no one goes barging in and then a war of words erupt.
"In principle, the nation of Canissia agrees with this proposal. However, I think it is important to add to this the notion that if Tian Xia and the Frequesnean nations involved are to come to their own agreement, then that means that other nations in the various alliances should refrain from interfering in the decisional process unless absolutely necessary-- preferably, only if called upon by the actual negotiating parties."
Decius was pleased something started moving, and King Arik Coyotus never ceased to please. He made a note to arrange a meeting between King Arik and the Emperor later. "My thanks to King Coyotus for his valued input. Indeed we would prefer that only nations with either estates or are of that continent were to come to an agrement with no input if possible from external parties. However, in light of what the gentleman from Tian Xia has said, the UCSR might wish to be involved given its holdings in Livorno."
5. A joint policing force in Costa, and an eventual election which is fair and free from any corrupting forces.
"Agreed, and the Canissian Marines in place will hold their stations until such an agreement is met. When I talk about a 'freeze in place' of foreign involvement, I am, of course, talking about military adventures, not ordinary trade or investments."
In that we agree. It's time to put a hold on all Frequesue activities and to allow the people of Costa to decide for themselves the government they want. I would however make a note to destroy any stocks of chemical or biological weapons in that country however.
Tian Xia wrote:"It is certain that any crisis in F-ing will cause a war of words to erupt. Preventing a war of arms erupting is much more necessary. Clearer separation of our spheres of influence is necessary, for example: the UCSR fleet base in Livorno has been rendered redundant by the fact that there are military ports in the north of f-ing that they are free to use."
The honored gentleman from Tian Xia does have a point. Our reasoning however was that it was best to keep the crises at the talking level and not have it descend to a war involving fists. In which case a clear mechanism muct exist to prevent crises from progressing beyond that red line with all the guns lined up for a turkey shoot."
"Tian Xia objects to any solution that carves up Costa piecemeal. It smacks far too much of colonial imperialism for national aggrandizement, not that it's stopped CATO before..."
Decius replied dryly, "The honored gentleman might like to note that I said, 'free from corrupting forces'."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:MESS-CATO World Summit
Adams Capital District, Cascadia

GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING UNREAL TIME, BITCHES

"My government also agrees to support the ISCA and Interpol, as well as Exarch Decius' own proposals," Lelouch chimed in, speaking up for the first time in the conference.

"Speaking of the Japanistanis, what do you propose we do about them?" Lelouch then asked. "Last I checked, they've started making inroads into Velaria again, presumably on the hunt for natural resources and slave labor to help provide for its bloated military. They have the gall to accuse both the MESS and CATO of being imperialists while they themselves are conducting blatant land grabs. Personally, I find the irony quite amusing, but that's really neither here nor there. Given Japanistan's militaristic proclivities, should we have reason to worry about just what they might be up to?"
"That my dear Duke, is one of the greatest mysteries of the world. Japanistan has mostly reduced contact with the rest of the world, though we still maintain diplomatic contacts with them. I am not sure if they choose to attend this conference, but the Japanistanis have tended to adopt a 'damn the world' stance with regards to most things."
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Beowulf wrote:Secretary Doyle spoke: "We have reviewed this proposal and have comments on it."

[...]

Ryan absent-mindedly balanced his chair on two legs as he retorted, "I take it that Secretary Doyle is a pathological hypocrite, or has forgotten that his emperor presently maintains a military force of prodigious size to the immediate east of Miratia on occupied foreign territory. I would say that more than just smacks of 'colonial imperialism for national aggrandizement', as he so eloquently put it."
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

"Ah yes Mr. Gero, it is not as if there exists precedent for peacekeeping intervention into the CFR."
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

"Why don't the both of you shut up or give us your nations' opinion on the preliminary proposition before us?" injected Duquesne. She turned back to the assembled before her. "The NFT supports free and fair elections on the Costa, but deems it imperative that the nation be stripped of its arsenal of weapons of mass destruction before all else. We are further willing to talk with Tian Xian and other stakeholders about the future of Frequesue, although this talk of fixed 'spheres of influence' smacks of a colonialist attitude which we do not readily appreciate."

She paused briefly. "Before such talks can begin however we want assurances that all Tian Xian troops will withdraw from the northern shores of our continent posthaste, and we want a guarantee from the MESS that there will be no further incursions by their military forces there. This activity is blatantly threatening and we cannot abide it."
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

IN GODDAMN UNREAL TIME
CATO Proposal wrote:1. Regular meetings between foreign ministers to discuss various issues, and to come to a compromise on various outstanding issues within a reasonable time period. A red line between all leaders in the form of a video conference, should matters of urgency arise, should be set up.
"The Old Dominion agrees with this in principle."
"The Old Dominion also agrees with this in principle. Playing both sides in the past has created friction between the organizations.
"It is the opinion of the Old Dominion that we have no interests in the going-ons on the F-ing continent beyond the safety and security of Dominionite and OICAS Nationals. However, in the event of a armed clashed between Tian Xia and the Frequesue Nations, we would look open any expansion of the conflict outside of the continent with distress."
"The Old Dominion has no interests in Costa beyond the safety and security of any Domionite and OICAS Nationals, most of whom in the country work for NGOs, such as the Red Cross/Red Noodle and Jesus Camp."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Continental Military Journal: Submarines for Shroomania
Severomorsk, UCSR

In the recent months, two Amur-950 diesel-electric submarines have been delivered to Shroomania in one of the first arms shipments in the CATO. This is the latest Union design which incorporates such features as AIP, VLS tubes in the mid-section for launch of any brand of Continental submarine-launched missiles, including mini-UAVs fitted as payloads to Klub missiles, modern towed sonars and extremely low noise levels. A successful derivative of the Lada class, this new boat is ready to serve the R.S.N. at all times.

Continental Military Journal: Combined Naval Exercise in vinicity of Frequesue
U.N.S. Comrade Stanislav underway near the Northern coast of Frequesue

The recent Combined Alliance exercise in the open ocean drew much attention from the military observers of the world's leading think tanks and press outlets. For the first time, such a large cooperative exercise was undertaken. The Continental Navies participated with large nuclear and conventionally powered ships and groups of LPHs and LPDs which were replenished mid-way, simulating a scenario of necessary reforging of forces in Frequesue due to the flare of a local conflict in the continent.

Kuznetzov-class aircraft carrier deploying the MiG SKAT UCAV during the exercise

Duchy of Langley's surface combatants, the modified Kirov class cruisers, have also been present

The exercise included live fire from guided missile destroyers against an attacking airforce, simulated by high-speed Yastreb drones and older supersonic missiles.

Also, for the first time Continental Stealth Fighter-Bombers (CFB-01) have been used in conjunction with the Yak-44E naval AEW platforms by the Red Faction against the Blue Faction; these bombers have proved quite capable of inflicting enormous damage on any enemy. They are now being considered as one of the prime candidates to augment the Coastal Defence Forces, replacing the war-proven Su-34 fighter-bomber.

The lead ship of Byzantium's Praetor class destroyers, the "Praetor" itself has achieved an excellent record with missile launches and 30 downed mock targets. The crew have been awarded state regalia for the excellent performance.

With the lightweight 5th generation MiG-LFI fighter which would replace the MiG-35 currently in service with the UCSR still in trials, the MiG-35s and MiG-29Ks were actively taking part in the exercise, mainly in an auxillary role of maintaining CAP and conducting strike missions into enemy territory. During a remarkable incident, a MiG-35 fitted with heavy electronic warfare equipment managed to down a CFN-01 navalized 5th generation fighter.
The "Crimson Knights" squadron has extensively told of this rather unexpected dogfight victory, in which the enemy plane which was distracted by a strike task against the Ulyanovsk-class carrier "Crimson Revolution", fell prey to the upgraded 4th generation machine.

Of particular interest was the arrival of T-4MS (CSB-01) and Tu-160M strategic bombers which conducted imitation of strikes with extreme long-range stealth Kh-101 missiles. The bomber crews have fully achieved their objectives despite active counter from the Red Group.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

The Conference
IN FUCKING UNREAL TIME
"The CATO Proposal"
1. Regular meetings between foreign ministers to discuss various issues, and to come to a compromise on various outstanding issues within a reasonable time period. A red line between all leaders in the form of a video conference, should matters of urgency arise, should be set up.

3. That Tian Xia and the Frequesue nations must come into some kind of agreement in which all are treated as equals and that all respect each others' personal space, within reason. Details of which is something all of them will have to come to some agreement. It is also preferable that non-aligned nations will be part of this agreement. The issue is not a question of neutrality, but rather that no one goes barging in and then a war of words erupt.

Ryan glanced quickly down at his PDA before replying, "My apologies, Commissioner. Miratia supports the proposal, save for the second item. What concerns us is that foreknowledge of future membership in one alliance may prompt members of the other alliance to intentionally mistreat prospective members before they are officially under the protections of the relevant alliance." He paused for a moment to glance at Doyle, "Not that any of you fine and honourable gentleman--or ladies--would ever do anything like that," he added dryly.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum