SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Post by Force Lord »

Ah, I failed Sensors 101. :(

EDIT: Changed to a Light ship with cloaking device. Since I felt there would be a chance of my rescue force being detected, I had thought of placing a fleet of my own outside the Outback, but not so near to it, so that my rescue team returned safe to my territory. Note that this entire operation started after the Coalition entered the Outback.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Ha!

At last, the long-awaited* final chapter of the Battle of Bannerman is up!

[collapses]

*Well, OK, four days isn't that long
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

To me it was an eternity. :P

Just kidding. But it's good to see more of your fleet stuff. Mang! Your stuff is so proper and professional-like. :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:To me it was an eternity. :P

Just kidding. But it's good to see more of your fleet stuff. Mang! Your stuff is so proper and professional-like. :D

While your stuff is about making analogies between spacebattles and serial murder rampages. Quite the distinction. :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Question: If my rescue force is detected by the Coalition or Pendleton, what will I do? I was thinking of placing a fleet near the B-A Gap to intervene if my rescue team is found, but this risks a shootout between the Centrality and the Coalition, which I don't want. Suggestions?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'd suggest identifying yourself and your purpose. At most, they'd want to inspect your ship to make sure you're not smuggling slaves or what have you, IOW, that you are who you say you are. But we're not going to take prisoners from other states launching ops to rescue citizens.

Now, if you want complications, such a discovery and necessary inspection could have your people plead to not be taken back, as they ended up slaves by misfortune after trying to escape the Centrality. But that's your choice, I'm not sure what you had in mind for them.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Well, my people don't know much about other nations besides the propaganda the Centrality puts up. Besides, the ship I sent has the symbol of the Centrality (a black star with sword and shield in the center) painted on both sides. So if it's discovered, the Coalition won't doubt who sent that ship.

EDIT: Just to clear any doubts, the 10 enslaved Centralists were originaly part of a group of 100 captured by the Pfhors back in 3399, and these ended up on Pendleton.
Last edited by Force Lord on 2010-08-07 03:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

BTW, I edited a previous post to properly attribute and credit the source of the VaticanBurger article. The article itself was written by a friend, used to be known as Peregrin Toker here on SDnet and elsewhere.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote:Well, my people don't know much about other nations besides the propaganda the Centrality puts up. Besides, the ship I sent has the symbol of the Centrality (a black star with sword and shield in the center) painted on both sides. So if it's discovered, the Coalition won't doubt who sent that ship.
Yes, because clever Pendletonian slavers or pirates would never mark their ships with another country's seal to try and fool people. :P

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Steve wrote:
Force Lord wrote:Well, my people don't know much about other nations besides the propaganda the Centrality puts up. Besides, the ship I sent has the symbol of the Centrality (a black star with sword and shield in the center) painted on both sides. So if it's discovered, the Coalition won't doubt who sent that ship.
Yes, because clever Pendletonian slavers or pirates would never mark their ships with another country's seal to try and fool people. :P
Clearly the Pendies never heard about patents. :)

EDIT 1: Ah well. Maybe the prescence of my fleet at the other side of the B-A Gap will convince the Coalition that this is the real deal. :mrgreen:

But don't worry, I'm not looking for a fight. :angelic: The Centrality's leaders can be paranoid and unreasonable when it comes to situations like this.

EDIT 2: And what happens if it's Pendleton that finds out?
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Sorry for the double post, but my last post shows my fleet in position.

I fully expect the UN to kick my sorry ass now. :(
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Eh, don't worry about it. Though, honestly, the best your fleet can do is hold back on the Gap side and wait for the ship from Pendleton to come... and that's a voyage of 2 and a half to 3 days, as it takes 2 days to cross the shoals.

Though, if they're near the Gap, they're in the Outback, not near it.

I do wonder how well cloaks work in the shoals. Hope those plucky Umerian cutters don't pick them up...

Edit: Uh, nobody knew the Collectors are at Pendleton until the fleet got there.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Steve wrote:Eh, don't worry about it. Though, honestly, the best your fleet can do is hold back on the Gap side and wait for the ship from Pendleton to come... and that's a voyage of 2 and a half to 3 days, as it takes 2 days to cross the shoals.
I dunno, if the Coalition finds out about my fleet and tell me to leave, the rescue ship will have to go to the Centrality on its own, and space is not safe these days.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote:
Steve wrote:Eh, don't worry about it. Though, honestly, the best your fleet can do is hold back on the Gap side and wait for the ship from Pendleton to come... and that's a voyage of 2 and a half to 3 days, as it takes 2 days to cross the shoals.
I dunno, if the Coalition finds out about my fleet and tell me to leave, the rescue ship will have to go to the Centrality on its own, and space is not safe these days.

A destroyer-class ship with a cloak is not exactly a target for pirates.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Steve wrote:
Force Lord wrote:

A destroyer-class ship with a cloak is not exactly a target for pirates.
Ok then. Has the Coalition found out about my fleet yet?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Damn, Simon. Better late then never indeedy! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote: Ok then. Has the Coalition found out about my fleet yet?
I'm going to presume you're far enough away that you avoided detection so far. You probably were spotted on long range sensors moving through the New Anglia-Imperium Hyperlane, but nobody challenged you.

Oh, and, please remove the reference to knowing the Collectors are there.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Steve wrote:Oh, and, please remove the reference to knowing the Collectors are there.
Done.
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Just so you will all know, I'll be on hiatus until next week. Some university stuff and the fact that this is the only working computer at home, so I have to give way to others.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Excellent! So I can arrange for your ship to be captured and your poor citizens to realize how awesome the outside universe is! The Fall of the Vile Centrality Totalitarianism has begun! MWAHAHAHAHA. :twisted:

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Simon_Jester wrote:In a fraction of a second, two futures unfolded before Audrey’s eyes. In one, she would do what she desperately wanted to do: to vent a wave of half-maddened fury on the Haruhiist captain, to take out of the damned woman's hide the price of those lost minutes, those lost wingmates, that lost commander.

In the other future, she had a career.
:D

That was a great little bit right there. And the Haruhiist frigate kicked some major ass. Definately a Big Damn Heroes moment.

Even if they were a little late to the party.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Big Damn Heroes should be synonymous with Late Damn Heroes. :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I have something i would like to contribute to the battle. Can i insinuate myself into it?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Suggest you who have sustained losses at 12th Pendleton should make note of such in the article.

And, from having combated Collector vessels, I think we deserve a more accurate 'official guess' at their power levels now?
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You are in the blockade fleet, Zor. Not in Pendleton actual.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!