STGOD mk II Main Thread

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

With that, Turn 1 has ended. Please wait for turn 2. And post in the Molochi Summit. We have politics for a reason. :lol:
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Jungle Combat Training Center, Fort Carson, Zambar

Sergeant Remenimi examined the wide, curved blade of his traditional sword before using his secondary right arm to slide it into the sheath mounted across the small of his back.

Private Colson grunted. "Why d'you bother carrying that thing, Sarge? If we have to get close enough to the enemy for you to use it, we're all dead anyway."

The Zambaran NCO simply grinned as well as he could, the bottom of his furred face contorting oddly as his downward-oriented mouth failed to quite approximate the human expression. "I've got my reasons, Private. Now put your mind on what we're doing out there and let me worry about my own kit." He picked up his rifle, the last piece of the gear he'd carry out into the jungle, and slung it over his shoulder before sliding his helmet over his head. "All right men," he said, addressing the mainly human training squad he was taking out. "I know that for most of you, this is your first time out in our jungle. You're all from the 406th, just rotated in this morning, right?" A chorus of affirmative responses answered him. "Right. Well, this isn't your quiet parade ground on Pinnacle. We're not going up against an OPFOR this time out; the jungle is foe enough, and unlike the other side in an exercise, it will try to kill you. Just keep your helmets on, your scanners running, and your weapons ready and you'll be fine; there aren't many predators out there than can punch through your power armor, but be careful all the same. Ready? Then let's MOVE OUT!"

He motioned for them to follow as he turned and opened the heavy door at the end of the assembly room. The humidity and heat of Zambar's equatorial regions rolled in and hit the military men like a wall. "Feels good, doesn't it?" The furred Zambaran grinned, knowing that while it did to him, to a human it did not. Not at all. "Form a line; you know the order." He led them off marching to the gate in the perimeter wall.

Soon they were out in the jungle. "And here's your first lesson, Private," he said to Colson. When he finished the sentence, the sword was in his hand and already swinging at the thick tangle of vines in their path. "The warriors of the Zambarim carry these things for a reason. They're one hell of a lot better at this than the standard-issue machetes, and you need machetes in this mess."

The squad forged into the jungle, the sergeant hacking a path. The vines would grow back as though they'd never been cut away before the day was out, but for now they could get through.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

New Melcon

The Emperor's invitation let the Chamaran's bring as many ships as they felt necessary to the Melconian capital for the Queen's security. Her visit was a grand affair on which the Melconians spared no expense. She was shown anything she wanted to see and a grand review of the Melconian fleet took place in her honor.

Besides all the pomp and circumstance, there was lots of business to attend to as well. The mutual defense pact had to be signed and formalized. Military attaches were also presented to the Queen personally for her approval. She also got a meeting with some of the more important members of the Executive Council; though they were more interested in meeting with the Queen's military commanders.

Finally the Emperor Ar'Loj III and the Queen had some time alone to talk. They were strolling through the Imperial Gardens, which held the graves of the Imperial Family and the Melconian Empire's greatest war heroes. Bodyguards and aides trailed at a respectful distance while drones and more bodyguards guarded a perimeter unobtrusively. Such measures were unnecessary. The crowds of the New Melcon had greeted the Chamaran Queen very warmly, even if they hadn't been allowed to see her personally.

As they strolled through the gardens the Emperor said,

"I hope you have enjoyed your visit. Everyone is glad we have a friend at last. But I must ask you; what are your Strategic goals in this sector of space? How can we help you achieve them? The Melconian Empire wishes for security for itself and its friends. With the humans strong, that is not possible.

My commanders are planning an attack into the Chicago system. Some petty human powers reside there. That system was Melconian before the humans took it and build their colonies there. That is where we shall start. I am realistic; we will never get the old Empire back. But we must secure our local space and gain a buffer against the humans. What do you think of that plan?"
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Imperial Gardens
New Melcon

Queen Kara smiles as she looks to the Melconian emperor, it's nice to meet someone with the same responsibilities, and then stops briefly to look at some particularly interesting example of Melconian Garden flora “Were I a dreamer I'd say that I wanted the Chamaran people not just to have a home but a dominion of such strength and power that none would ever threaten us again.” she looks back to the emperor and resumes walking “But i'd settle for a home and breaking the strength of Humanity at least, then i think i'd be able to face my ancestors saying i did well in my reign. My predecessor led us through the void and the one before that saved us from the Null, i'd hate to be a disappointment when i met them again.” she turns her mind to more immediate concerns “I've read the report, everything starts with a first step. Is this leading up to a first request for a battlefleet to assist? It would certainly make the Chicago system fall quickly and the quicker the campaign the sooner we can turn towards new targets.”
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Imperial Gardens
New Melcon

Queen Kara's smile was somewhat unnerving to Ar’Loj as smiles to the Melconians were signs of aggression. He pushed such concerns away and reminded himself that to the Chamaran's, smiles were signs of happiness.

"Our goals are very similar then. About he Chicago system. My commanders assure me that they have everything in hand and do not require assistance for the attack. They are probably right. But they fail to consider one thing. There will always be distrust between our commanders and troops until they fight together side by side. Therefore I request that you send a modest force. I am sure I can make the Executive Council see things my way."
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Imperial gardens
New Melcon

Kara relaxes her smile to let the emperor feel at ease, sharp teeth no longer really visible. It's not so much reading of alien body language so much as psionic empathy. For the second most potent psycher in the Exodus is able to do a fair amount without amplifiers.

“As you wish Emperor. I'll talk to Melusine about appropriate composition for the expedition.” she says as she walks on “At the very least i will dispatch a moderate ground contingent to supplement your forces as part of the expedition, the reports indicate your empire lags behind the Exodus to some degree in that area. Mind control has already proven to be less than perfect against humans with their cybernetics.” The Chamaran's themselves don't use the stuff for what are believed to be religious reasons regarding purity of the body, somehow at odds some feel with their use of genetic engineering on themselves, though with their mature psionic amplification technology it doesn't seem to have handicapped them any.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Jungle Combat Training Center, Fort Carson, Zambar

The squad continued hacking its way through the jungle for some hours, the idea of this first time out being to get the troops used to the feel of being in the jungle. They'd fought off a few predators, but nothing to really threaten them just yet.

That changed in a heartbeat. With hardly any warning at all, the foliage overhead parted and a huge shape hurtled down towards Sergeant Remenimi.

Some of the squad managed to aim and discharge their rifles before it was upon them. It let out a snarling yowl reminiscent of Earth's great cats as some of the rounds hit, and then it was on the Zambaran.

Reminimi hadn't wasted time. As the thing came down at him, his primary right hand arced up, grasping the hilt of his sword. He cleaved into the beast's shoulder as it bowled him over into the foliage.

Before it could start to maul him, the Zambaran braced his power-armored leg against his attacker's gut and kicked, failing to kick it away, but getting some weight off of him. Dexterously grabbing onto its fur with his secondary left arm, he swung up onto the thing's back as easily as a monkey in a tree and with a bloodcurdling battle cry, he brought his blade down on its neck before it could react.

The creature slumped.

It was twelve feet long, not including its elongated tail, and propelled by six clawed legs. It looked like a great black cat otherwise, with wickedly long claws and powerful jaws full of teeth the size of combat knives. It shuddered and then lay still.

Sergeant Remenimi released his death-grip on the thing's fur and slowly stood. "Second lesson: Sometimes, the enemy comes up to you. Not likely out on the battlefield, but in here it happens all the time."

The human troopers stared in shock as he wiped the thing's black blood from his sword on some nearby broad leaves. "This is a rraskantha, one of the largest predators in this jungle. Like I said, there aren't many predators out here that can punch through standard issue power armor, but this is one of them." He looked at the still speechless troops. "Well, I think that's enough for today anyway," he said, resisting the urge to smile wolfishly. "We're headed back to base."

He then started hacking his squad's way back through the jungle, leaving the corpse of the great cat behind them.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Imperial Gardens
New Melcon

The Emperor continued his conversation with the Queen,
"Very good. The officers will work out the details; that is what they are for after all. You know, I'll have to visit you at your home some time."

There were still several events planned for the visiting Monarch, but she would soon be heading home.[/b]
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Low Orbit over Teknotron-1
BusterMachine Training Exercises

Much had happend in the past month since the great Reformation. Most of the eyes of the Kushawni people were currently filled wiht pride at the launch of their New Imperial fleet. Ships designed by the CityMind spefically for war with other more fearsom powers. But not all attentions were on the new fleet. Two new BusterMachines had been organized and approved for the BusterCorps and were currently being put though thier paces.

<<18! 19! Don't fly so far above the surface! Hug in close,! You are BusterMachines! Don't be afraid to push your limits!>> Echoed #8 as he blazed a trail close behind the new Busters. It had been years since he had the chance to train recruits ,and he felt a great swell of Pride at the chance.

Across the Immense Planetship, the entire Buster Corps was engaged in wargames. #8, as always, was in charge of the most inexperianced and the new, which naturally meant along with 18 and 19, he was stuck with 9 and 15. The two Busters, still ranked 'cadets' for a variety of disciplinary reasons, many of which #8 was far too fermilar with.. Currently they flew above him wieving in and out of each others paths.

<<And may I remind you, that not being afriad to push yourself is also NOT a free pass for being Stupid!>> he yelled specificcly to the pair above him. As if to reinforce the statment, 9 and 15's warning sirens lit up as simulated Plasma fire impacted against their shielding.

<<Attack quickly! Never give them time to recover group! Keep them guessing and off balance!>> #14 broke into the conversation as her squad broke from thier hiding places behind a towering industrial subsection on the ships surface. #8 watches as 9 and 15 broke eraticlly, flying in wild loops as 14's team sped after them, for once, they were doing exactly as they should.

<<Ok you newcomers! Lets see what you have! BusterBeam, FIRE>> From below, deep in one of the many trenches of the surface of Teknotron one, twin energy beams shot forth, each one simulating the seething energy of the Busters highpowerd Energy beam. With incredable targting, the beams struk thier targets as they chased down #9 and 15, a series of emergancy lights lit up along the Busters.

Warning! Simulated damge to primary drives at 78%! Your Buster is dead for the remainder of this exercise.

#14 swore under her breath as she had been caught once again off gaurd. <<Done in by rookies! 8 will never let me live this down>>

As the simulation pressed on, high over head three levithans passed slowly by. The last remaning Great Tradeships of the The Kushawni made ready to jump to thier new allies. The ships, Trieses, Quartes and Primus were ful lwith cargo. Every last hold on bored had been packed with Food manufactureing products, vast amounts of herd animals for breeding, farming gear and seed stores. With a great crack of Hyperspace they leapt away.

Back far bellow, #8 watched for a brief moment << We have lost so much, yet there is always a brighter future to think of... >>
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

-Closed meeting of the Dominatrixiat High Council, Tara-

"Our analysis of the Chamaran-Makayan language data packet has revealed even more about them." Jahil switched the screen to another image, this one was a list of common phrases and words they had been able to translate from the intercepted transmissions at their disposal.

"For one thing, the fleet they had on station near Godwin's Hope had recently departed to engage enemy forces elsewhere. Their government seems to be a hereditary monarchy. They are not native to the former Imperial sphere; and they seem to be a female dominated society."

The high councilors seemed to perk up after hearing that.

Ali looked incredulous. "Have you been able to discern anything about their attitudes toward humans?"

"They do seem to regard humans as inferior, but with the information we have it's nearly impossible to tell if that is society wide."

Tellus "Even if it was, we could hardly fault them. It's not likely that they received a warm welcome from the Makayans."

Catherine "Well Jahil, what do you think?"

"I think that they can be reasoned with. Councilor Faram-Xi is correct, it is extremely unlikely that the Chamarans were welcomed with anything other than outright hostility by the Makayans. Their perceptions of humans in general have probably been colored by that first contact, and whatever happened between them and the Kushawni has probably reaffirmed Chamaran perceptions."

Marlena "So would you recommend a diplomatic mission then?"

"Of course, we can't possibly defeat the entirety of the former empire on our own. Additionally, even if the Chamarans do regard humans as little better than 'cattle' they must realize that they can't survive on their own either."

Dione "If we do send a diplomatic mission back to Godwin's Hope, it will have to be heavily defended. Despite what Jahil says, we have no way of knowing if the Chamarans will even want to open relations with us.

Tellus "And sending an armed force with the diplomatic mission will tie up ships that could be defending our space from possible attack by the Humanists."

Ali stood. "Let's put it to a vote then, all in favor?"

All five women raised their hand.

"Very well then. Jahil Nausicaa, as senior member of the High Council I am giving you authority to organize a diplomatic mission to Chamaran space."
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
GALE-Force: Guardians of Space!
"Rarr! Rargharghiss!" -Gorn
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Intermission
Chamaran held space

“So we built them anyway as a contingency?”
“Yes battlemistress”
Melusine mhmms and taps a claw against her teeth as she looks at one of the new fast cruisers nearing completion in the construction bay of the homeship. The fast cruiser like its sisters strung across in another nine of the homeships a a testament to Chamaran industrial capability simply by being near completion so soon after the request to bring the design out of the archive was decreed. Each ship designed for an untested doctrine and made as a counter to an enemy already appeased and made no threat for Kara's own reasons.
“One hopes they will have a chance to prove themselves in battle soon. Has Huntmistress Ossara left for Melcon yet?”
“Twelve hours ago battlemistress with 3rd support and her 1st cruiser squadron.”
“Yes I'm aware, I'd of wished her the Ancestors grace but it's an easy operation. I have faith in her, she's served me well and should do well alongside their admirals.”
“Battlemistress, If I may ask...what do you think of these Melconians?”
“Useful, as any alien can be. We need allies against the relics of this cattle empire and any who would weaken it are useful. There's a time for all things after all.”
“The queen seems to think it a longterm alliance.”
“You may not have been told but we were not always this way, the queen was once merely an arbitrator to prevent needless warfare between the clans. Chosen from the clan with the most support and only given power in as much as her clan could influence events. Then when the galactic war came necessity drove us to unify our forces behind her to avoid getting ground down.
When the Null came she chose only her own clan and the twelve noble clans most loyal to be spared along with as many of their underclans as could be taken. Since then it has been necessity of unity that has kept the line of queens in control of our armies and dictating our relations with the other species.”
“If i may be so bold battlemistress what's your point? I've been told the same stories about the time of disunity.”
“That someday when the cattle are broken and the aliens dare not risk our wrath we will be able to reduce the rule of queens and allow the noble clans to mark out their territories. The cattle are not all of one nation after all.”
“But if the humans were to attack once we were disunited. Surely you do not claim that all twelve clans will have individual strength exceeding that of a human nation?”
“As the saying goes, one can dream.”
“Battlemistress, your loyalty has been considered without question, it must have been for you become leader of first fleet.”
“I see what you're saying, but that is because I know now that the time of Queens is necessary and not yet over until the cattle have been crushed.”
“What if it's never over?”
“Then I shall serve Kara until I look upon my ancestors face to face once more.”
“Not Tia though? If something should happen to Kara?”
“You know as well as I the answer to that one.” Says Melusine with a mild irritated ear flick then gestures “Enough chitchat, get me some bloodwine.”
“At once battlemistress.” The aide hurries to the cabinet, ears slightly splayed.
-----
A City rises above a scarred landscape. Construction automata flitting around it so numerous as to make the visage of a cloud of gnats when viewed from afar, in their midst gleaming frame ascending ever higher towards the sky and encroaching behind them the metal walls of new superstructures. The first of the Chamaran cities going up atop the ruins of the southern continent.
-----
Eight ships form dark specs in the dazzling white glare of U-space, of similar size to eachother this modest force of vessels crosses the gulf between the Chamaran and Melconian empires. Aboard the 'Rending darkness' Huntmistress Ossara reviews the Melconian report on Chicago system, the call having gone ahead for a full plan of attack to be sent to her when she announced her departure to join the Melconian fleet.
-----
Her opponents third offensive begins with a charge, a blurring sprint that she barely avoids with a leap. The thrum of her opponents sword in her ears and most importantly in her mind more useful than sight to determine the path of her opponents blade, sight with such relative speeds proving insufficient to track and react to her opponents strike before they fall, even with the near equal speed her bracelets give her. Bosh bounces off the wall and hits the floor running and swinging to return to the fray in an instant, the repeated mental and audible pops as the blades meet filling the air. An opening, Bosh smiles behind her mask and lunges quickly, blade leaving a glowing trail in the air.
SNAP!
Bosh's smile disappears in an instant and she hisses in pain, whirling 180 degrees on her opponent who had just disappeared from in front of her a tiny fraction of a second ago“Tia! That's cheating, just cause you can teleport doesn't mean you need to flaunt it all the time.”
Tia giggles and pats Bosh on the head “Yeah but it's still all good fun right?” before tossing her sword to one of the spectators, the energy sheathing the blade vanishing as it leaves her hand. The battlemistress's movements slowed a hundred fold as the haste given to her by her bracelets dissipates along with their psychic charge.
And giving her a battlefleet was supposed to make her mature and responsible? Bosh marvels at the queens optimism for a moment as she watches Tia then winces and goes to find a gelpack for the cut on her back.
“Good fun, right....”
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

The Academy's Icarus Station - a small monitoring platform establish in the Sol system after the end of the Final War in order to conduct research into Earth's former sun. Since it's inception, a small community of drifters, Academy scientists, ex-pats and travellers from nearby systems (including Molochi and Syndacalists) as well as pilgrims from the religious group known as the Children of Sol have all taken up residence. Various upgrades intended to expand Icarus' scientific and industrial output have been scheduled...(OOB Production Info)
:D
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

-DSFV Athena, subspace-

Khali made her way through the trenches and up toward the command dais. Jahil was already there, speaking with commander Turan. Jahil noticed Khali as she reached the top of the steps.

"So have you finished deciding what you're going to say?" Jahil said with a smile. Khali only had a few days to learn what she could about the Chamarans, she had spent most of the voyage to Godwin's Hope locked in her quarters, attempting to craft the perfect 'first' contact speech.

"I think so, not that I have much choice."

Rebekka Turan sat back into her chair. "Well you've still got..." she glanced at one of the forward sensor diagrams "about a minute to make any changes."

---
The ships flickered into realspace near Godwin's Hope.

Moments later, a message. Transmitted on the formerly secure Chamaran only frequencies, in Makayan, Old Imperial Standard, Taranian, and slightly broken Chamaran.

Code: Select all

This is Diplomatic Officer Khali Ushakov, aboard the Dominatrixiat Space Forces Vessel Athena. We have been sent by our government to attempt to open peaceful relations between the Queendom of Chamara, and the Stellar Dominatrixiat.
---

Rebekka raised an eyebrow. "That was it?"
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Godwin's hope/Newhome
Chamaran held space

The fleet that was absent before is present now sensors indicate to the Trixiat vessels. The second thing they tell is that five sinisterly shaped battleships are close to and closing with the envoys emergence point, energy barriers charged and weapons primed as you'd expect when you turn up uninvited. Still would be rude for the hosts to fire first, confusion is far more appropriate given the particulars of this situation.

The Audacious pounce
Dominion class battleship, flagship of second battlefleet

“Who's the Dominatria- thingy and how'd they get on our channels?” Tia gets up and bounds over to sit next to the communications controller's pit.
“Unknown on both counts battlemistress, that isn't even a translation on our end though, they've transmitted in the truetongue.”
“Oohkay, so they're mysterious guests. Fun, open a channel back to them and don't bother running the dictation translator.” and so it was that first contact between the Chamaran Exodus and Dominatrixiat was conducted both ways in the alien tongue of the former.

“This is Tia of house Chamara, battlemistress of second fleet. I greet you in the name of all Chamaran kind and recognize your peaceful intentions. I gotta admit though we have absolutely no idea who you people are beyond the name. Care to enlighten us?”
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

"Incoming message, looks like it from one of their larger ships."

Rebekka looked at the massive blotches on the forward sensor screen. No wonder the Kushawni had been so worried about these aliens.

Jahil's team crowded around the displays where the text of the message appeared. In a few minutes they had given Khali a rough translation. Minutes later still, anther message was sent.

We are a sisterhood united against tyranny. We seek to abolish human patriarchy, and by extension we are enemies of nearly every former Imperial government.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

It took a short pause for a message to return to the Trixiat. Mainly cause there is no Chamaran word for Patriarchy and they had to look it up to find out what the Trixiat was about.

Tia sprawls on her dais and contemplates what to do, leaving the coms controller to handle negotiation for the moment.

You will forgive the delay, the nature of your struggle is alien to us and required introspection. What is it you have come here seeking from us?
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

We seek an alliance. The arrayed forces of man will surely defeat us both if we remain on our own. Together our peoples stand a chance. Together we can end the age of men once and for all.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

That makes how many now? Tia smiles and stretches “Kara's decision not ours, I assume she's being informed. Oh and start requisitioning supplies for a deployment for second fleet.”

This is being relayed. The nature and situation of our would be ally is needed for her Majesty to make her decision
As to how useful you can be to the Chamarans.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

"I don't think it's a good idea. It's too dangerous to give them the location of Tara." Rebekka leveled her gaze on Khali.

Jahil shook her head. "You've been moving faster than I would've liked Khali. Rebekka is right, we can't trust that the Chamarans will agree to ally with us, and if they don't we can't allow them to know where Tara is."

---

We have intelligence on a few of the post Imperial factions. We have sent a force into Humanist Union space, however they have yet to enter combat to the best of our knowledge, and our existence remains unknown throughout human space.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

The Audacious pounce

“So they're being secretive are they, ooh well the Humanist Union was on the list wasnt it?” Tia contemplates and then smiles “Get the file out on the Humanist Union.”
“What if this is a deception to lure us into attacking battlemistress?” asks one of the controllers, putting a dent in Tia's enthusiasm for launching the second fleet to conquest and war.

Tia pauses with the file up on her dais and hmms, considering caution.

Your Secrets and evasions are ground upon which an alliance cannot be built, we require a gesture of good faith even to trust you in battle. Only then would this fleet move to strike down the mutual foe of which you speak.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Were our respective situations reversed, I believe that we would feel the same. Neither of us knows much about the other, and what little we know about you is currently little better than supposition.

For this reason, I humbly suggest a meeting between us in person. Either here aboard the Athena, or a place more suitable to you.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Sounds good. My flier is being readied for launch, please prepare for my arrival aboard your ship.
The Signal crosses the space between the ships as Tia takes Coms controller Amaral from her station, as the one whose been conducting the negotiation so far, and meets her bodyguards at the hangar bay in the belly of the battleship. Bosh leaning on the flier's painted sides “Are you sure about this Tia? Could be trap.”
“Don't worry if they try anything the squadron'll tear their drives off and get us back before the bloods more than waist deep.” Tia says with a wicked grin before bounding into the flier's cockpit as the other four Chamarans embark.

The flier's graceful and miniscule form is soon on scope accelerating away from the Battleship and crossing the space to the Massive armoured bulk of the Trixiat command ship, no thruster flares marking its acceleration as it glides up to speed on telekinetic force before a minute later finishing final deceleration to come in to dock with the Athena, a gleaming speck of bronze winking out as it falls into the shadow of the human vessel.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

The flier comes to rest in one of the Athena's larger bays which ring the aft section of the shield shaped vessel. Various trans-atmospheric craft line the sides of the bay. A contingent of unarmored marines (clad in their dark gray and blue dress uniforms) is already attendant to the Chamaran craft's arrival. No sooner does Tia emerge from the flier than Khali and Jahil exit one of the lifts at the back of the bay. Khali approaches Tia, being careful to suppress a smile which she's been told could be interpreted as a threat.

She holds one of her hands out toward Tia, and repeats the phrase which Jahil and her team had translated for her.

"Greetings Tia of house Chamara, I, Khali Ushakov, welcome you and your sisters aboard the command carrier Athena."
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

The four Chamarans disembarked from the flier are all wearing standard shipboard skinsuits, Onnai psionic bands, swords and their suits have varying amounts of bronze patching. Tia is almost certainly the one with the silver patches as well though.

Tia looks their hosts over as Bosh and the other bodyguard, identifiable as such by the arsenal of weapons on their belts, scan the surroundings cautiously. Tia ear flicks slightly and takes the proferred hand, giving it a shake before replying “It's nice to meet you Khali Ushakov, it is a pleasure to be aboard.” in rather heavily accented Imperial basic, one of the handful of languages the rather human curious battlemistress had gained practice in. Nonetheless the Chamaran accent is just as evident to Khali as the Chamaran sounds the human vocal cords are incapable of making were to Tia when she heard the rehearsed greeting.

“This Is Bosh of house Neurrum and Emorr of house Yana my protection. This Amaral of clan Sesha communications controller and Neska back there will be watching the flier for me.” she says, introducing her entourage. Each Chamaran giving a slight but purposeful ear flick as they're mentioned.
Last edited by Darkevilme on 2008-07-02 07:06am, edited 1 time in total.
Ohma
Jedi Knight

Post by Ohma »

Khali continues in Imperial Basic (despite her best efforts over the past few days, her grasp of Chamaran and Makayan is still quite basic). "A pleasure to meet you all. This woman beside me is Jahil Nausicaa, she is the head of our xenosciences research group."

Jahil bows slightly to Tia and the others. "I hope we can have some time together battlemistress. I never thought I'd meet aliens in my lifetime."

Khali sighs inwardly, Jahil certainly didn't beat around the bush when she wanted something. "If you four would follow us, the conference room has been prepared. Oh, a translator will arrive shortly, should Neska require anything."

After a short exchange between Tia and Neska, the group head towards one of the large lifts, accompanied by three of the marines.
Oh, Mister Darcy! <3
We're ALL Devo!