KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Re: SDN Worlds 4: Participant Rollcall

Post by KlavoHunter »

Tanasinn wrote:
KlavoHunter wrote:More humans?
Worse, post-human commies.
But... we already *HAVE* those...

I guess we get the "Other Commune", now.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread III

Post by Steve »

Force Lord wrote:Ready when you are, Steve.
Got a post up.
Tanasinn wrote:Sorry about that...
No worries. Besides, Klavo started it. :wink:
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Working on my post.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Darkevilme wrote:I get the feeling that the 'brief list of rights extended to spacers found to be in violation of restricted space under U.S.S. law.' Fits on a post it note while being written in none too small text.
That was before you disobeyed a direct order, blew up a platoon of para-marines, and pulled a stunt that might've sent us reeling into a war with the Collectors if we hadn't just reached a new understanding with those neat digital folks. In fact, we warned you that we'd shoot your ass for disobeying the orders we sent; you disobeyed them anyway, and yet we have as of yet not decided to execute any of the surviving Chamarrans. By K-Zone standards, that demonstrates amazing restraint on our part.

Don't go playing any sympathy cards, because you decided to send spies into a warzone. We're perfectly within our rights to shoot every last Chamarran on that ship, so they should be damned glad they're still alive regardless of what heinous shit we decide to do to them.

:D
Steve wrote:I'm starting to become increasingly convinced that the sane people of the galaxy try to stay the fuck away from your quadrant of the map.
As well you should! *makes chicken sounds*
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Siege wrote:
Darkevilme wrote:I get the feeling that the 'brief list of rights extended to spacers found to be in violation of restricted space under U.S.S. law.' Fits on a post it note while being written in none too small text.
That was before you disobeyed a direct order, blew up a platoon of para-marines, and pulled a stunt that might've sent us reeling into a war with the Collectors if we hadn't just reached a new understanding with those neat digital folks. In fact, we warned you that we'd shoot your ass for disobeying the orders we sent; you disobeyed them anyway, and yet we have as of yet not decided to execute any of the surviving Chamarrans. By K-Zone standards, that demonstrates amazing restraint on our part.

Don't go playing any sympathy cards, because you decided to send spies into a warzone. We're perfectly within our rights to shoot every last Chamarran on that ship, so they should be damned glad they're still alive regardless of what heinous shit we decide to do to them.

:D
Though I suspect the interrogations will quickly reveal the organic crew did nothing of that sort and it was entirely the AI at fault.
Steve wrote:I'm starting to become increasingly convinced that the sane people of the galaxy try to stay the fuck away from your quadrant of the map.
As well you should! *makes chicken sounds*
And you think a bunch of testosterone-poisoned mocking is going to get people to go pick a fight with the denizens of the Crazy Zone? :P
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Captain Shetty's turn.

EDIT: Xader's revelation is sure to make Shetty realize what he's dealing with here.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Steve wrote:Though I suspect the interrogations will quickly reveal the organic crew did nothing of that sort and it was entirely the AI at fault.
You don't really think that is going to be the subject of these interrogations, do you? Who cares why they're here, we care far more about Chamarran systems integration and their espionage protocols than about whatever stupid decision was responsible for this particular fuck-up. We just got our hands on the crew of an alien stealth ship, this should be the intelligence boon of the century.
And you think a bunch of testosterone-poisoned mocking is going to get people to go pick a fight with the denizens of the Crazy Zone? :P
Hey, whatever gets people to stay away. Besides, everybody knows testosterone wouldn't work on Anglians. Now if it'd been estrogen... :D
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Siege wrote:
Steve wrote:Though I suspect the interrogations will quickly reveal the organic crew did nothing of that sort and it was entirely the AI at fault.
You don't really think that is going to be the subject of these interrogations, do you? Who cares why they're here, we care far more about Chamarran systems integration and their espionage protocols than about whatever stupid decision was responsible for this particular fuck-up. We just got our hands on the crew of an alien stealth ship, this should be the intelligence boon of the century.
At Least the Hierarchy and the Sovereignty agree on what the important part of this matter is.(seriously were it not for the whole national security angle the hierarchy would probably let'em stay.)

Also, i know this is nitpicking sorta...but when did we deploy unlicensed drones? Do you mean the subspace probes?
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Oh, so now we're "neat digital folks", huh? :D

Quite a jump from "evil soulsucking robots", I'd say ;)
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

FYI, it was the Bragulans who dropped a moon on the Apexai homeworld, for they were insufferably arrogant and dorky grey alienoids. :P

EDIT:

GESTURES OF DEEP GROVELING
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Siege wrote: Hey, whatever gets people to stay away. Besides, everybody knows testosterone wouldn't work on Anglians. Now if it'd been estrogen... :D
Unlike certain people we're aware of what it really means to wield Imperial power. If some hyper-aggressive enhancer-abusing oligarchs want to confuse restraint with timidity it's not our concern. :P

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Forg should seek asylum in Anglia. Maybe the Anglians can protest the (mis)treatment of the Chamarrans, and the Sovies can go "MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS."

It can be like the whole mess in old SDNW2, when an SSBN was caught in Shroomanian waters, the international community got all outraged that Shroomania was disassembling the ship and having SNC men sniff around. Then, Shroomania, none too pleased with the whole grilling, ended up joining the SNC and forming it into CATO. :D
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Forg should seek asylum in Anglia. Maybe the Anglians can protest the (mis)treatment of the Chamarrans, and the Sovies can go "MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS."

It can be like the whole mess in old SDNW2, when an SSBN was caught in Shroomanian waters, the international community got all outraged that Shroomania was disassembling the ship and having SNC men sniff around. Then, Shroomania, none too pleased with the whole grilling, ended up joining the SNC and forming it into CATO. :D
Eh, we wouldn't even fully know what's going on, and it's not a case of the Solarians abusing prisoners of war or ordinary foreign nationals. SIS might not have been very gentle with the Chamarrans themselves, after all.

Ultimately we expect our spies to be roughed up badly, even compromised, if captured. Our only concern is ultimately things like a spy exchange or something of that nature to get our people back.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:....

Xenos that are too cute to be purged.

Fortunately they are distant and nonhostile, and so can be ignored in your strategic calculations for the time being.
DarthShady wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:How could he say no to a good Bug War?
War is never good my friend. :wink:
Remember, Shady, we're talking about Shep's internal thoughts. He'd consider a Bug War good just from the fact that said Bugs were capable of such heresy.
Steve wrote:States with alien minorities consist of the Solarians, Klavostan, New Anglia, the Federated Ascendancy, Umeria, Severus (Wilkens' Severians), the Outlander Commissions, and.... that's it, I believe.
The Umerian alien minority is small and arguably insignificant, unless you're paranoid enough to believe in Phosako conspiracy theories.
Ryan Thunder wrote:Yes, well, dropping a moon on Verdance has its own consequences. :lol:
We prefer to use moons as writing paper, rather than ammunition... the only thing that sends a message better than dropping a moon on someone is leaving it there with the message written on it. That's a burn that literally doesn't go away.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Darkevilme wrote:Also, i know this is nitpicking sorta...but when did we deploy unlicensed drones? Do you mean the subspace probes?
Yes. Probably shoulda thrown in "launching parasite craft without permission from space control" too, to complete the list of trumped-up charges :).
PeZook wrote:Oh, so now we're "neat digital folks", huh? :D

Quite a jump from "evil soulsucking robots", I'd say ;)
We were never at war with the Bragulan Star Empire! :D
Steve wrote:If some hyper-aggressive enhancer-abusing oligarchs want to confuse restraint with timidity it's not our concern.
Now, I simply have to take offense to that. We're a perfectly functional democracy good sir :). 'Sides, it's not like 'restraint' would get us very far considering our immediate surroundings...
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Heh...in a way, blowing up that station led to detente with Collectors :D
Siege wrote:Be assured that the United Solarian Sovereignty takes an exceedingly dim view of violations of its sovereign space, and that any vessels found to be trespassing on said space will be held accountable to the full extent of the law.
...unless it has enough firepower to trash the system ;)

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Yeah, the Sovereignty tends to be hypocritical like that :D.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:Heh...in a way, blowing up that station led to detente with Collectors :D
Siege wrote:Be assured that the United Solarian Sovereignty takes an exceedingly dim view of violations of its sovereign space, and that any vessels found to be trespassing on said space will be held accountable to the full extent of the law.
...unless it has enough firepower to trash the system ;)
Well you know, pass a certain point, then one has to erm, take a bigger hammer to squash the intractable problem...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

And so...Special Circumstances appears for the first time :D

loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

So this completely slipped my mind - as you may have noticed from my complete lack of activity in any shape or form for like... Seven months. Only just remembered it even exists. Feel free to utilize the Outlanders in any capacity you all see fit since I'm pretty sure I'd forget it again if I came back.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

loomer wrote:So this completely slipped my mind - as you may have noticed from my complete lack of activity in any shape or form for like... Seven months. Only just remembered it even exists. Feel free to utilize the Outlanders in any capacity you all see fit since I'm pretty sure I'd forget it again if I came back.
Go repent and pray the God-Emperor's rosariuses. :P

Seriously, what are the Outlanders like? They're my nation's neighbors, I'd like a vague-to-general summary of them, their stances towards human nations, etc.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Uh, Simon, you meant to post on the Commentary Thread, right?
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Force Lord wrote:Uh, Simon, you meant to post on the Commentary Thread, right?
Already spotted it as you were posting this.
Steve wrote:"We thought that, but no. The slavers' ship had a flight plan registered that would take them Coreward toward the Badlands." Long put her hands together on her desk. "Their destination was the Feelipeens System."

"I am not familiar with that place."

"It is not terribly well known in our region of space, Sister. According to the information we have it is a backward, badly-run system-state dominated by a dictator backed by the Shepistani." Long glowered at mentioning them. The Shepistani and their notorious abuse of, and hatred for, ESPers was a well-known and reviled aspect of their society (which was already bad enough!). "The Umerians also had a few slight interests and influences there, but the Shepistanis are the dominant influence, and it shows with the bloodiness of the dictatorship."
Hah. I think what me and Shroom at least have been aiming for is that the Umerians are a bit more relevant than that. Shroomarcos plays the Sheppoes and the Umerians off against each other to his own advantage, though the Shepistanis have the upper hand right-this-minute because they handed him the biggest pile of foreign aid the most recently.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

A case of myopic vision, really. The Order is knowledgeable about the factions immediately around New Anglia as well as in the Outback, sometimes just as knowledgeable as Anglian officials and military officers, but the Feelipeens are a long way off and have the French and Ascendancy between here and there. They don't know them nearly as well, and since the most recent thing is Shep's state visit with promises of aid and, of course, all those FREEDOM kill bots being exported to them, it would appear to a number of casual observers that even if the Umerians have influences in the system, Shepistan has gained the upper hand.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

How much time until Kordis reaches Pendleton? Maybe he'll arrive in time to meet with Fisher while they discuss what they do with the Datton, but anything can happen in two days.