SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN World 3 Commentary Thread III

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Lonestar wrote:Like I said, I'll give the Greeks a week to get the fuck out before I close the gaps(not that it probably won't take longer to lay the barrage).

I'm going to demand economic compensation, just so you know.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Demand away. I think your Arabian Gulf ports would be hosed in any such war anyway, especially with your own posturing towards Shepistan, unless you're planning on seizing the Strait of Homuz.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Lonestar wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Demand away. I think your Arabian Gulf ports would be hosed in any such war anyway, especially with your own posturing towards Shepistan, unless you're planning on seizing the Strait of Homuz.
The posturing in Afghanistan is a matter of business interests. The war hurts my interests.

As for an actual direct invasion, I prefer not to tangle with Shepistan. Tangling would mean dragging the entire Aegean Axis along, and that I would need to consult with my allies.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:
Thanas wrote:^See, this is what I mean by the Dominion not trying to act in good faith. Oh well, guess I have to become a bit more aggressive.
^ See, this is why people say Germans are humorless poo-poo heads. :P
Indeed it is. :lol:
If you need a specific plan for the safety of German Naval vessels its this: Any German vessels stuck on the "other side" of the mine barrage at the time of laying will be forwarded a course through by way of the German embassy in Shepistan. The corridor will remain open for a week, and then the GDN will mine that shut as well.
That is perfectly acceptable.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Lonestar wrote:Like I said, I'll give the Greeks a week to get the fuck out before I close the gaps(not that it probably won't take longer to lay the barrage).
BTW, I will assume you will issue the demand IC and I will react appropriately.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: BTW, I will assume you will issue the demand IC and I will react appropriately.

Well...assuming such a barrage were to be laid, it wouldn't be a "Demand", just a heads up.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^Is that your own cat, Lonestar? If so, it looks pretty fierce.

On topic: I hope to wrap up the rest of my Q4 business tomorrow. For fluff purposes, I shall draw out the commissioning of large number of small ships started at an unspecified date (for example, the subs started in Q1 1926) over November and December, though of course I shall continue to pay the full quarter costs for them.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Is everyone caught up to begin 1927 Saturday?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^Yes. :P
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

If so, we'll continue time progression, no freeze.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

We need to resolve my bombing of Peshawar before then, hopefully.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

What's that, a story post from me? :shock:

Basically setting up that, come 1927, I'll start investing in industry improvements. Since my Econ and Inf are already 5 there's not a whole lot to increase there. But my greedy little heart can always seek more IBPs. :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Thanas wrote:^Is that your own cat, Lonestar? If so, it looks pretty fierce.
That is Mary, AKA "The Bitch Kitty From Hell" who once took down a Turkey Vulture(she is an indoor cat now). Part of the Dynamic Duo of William and Mary.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

I will be good for Saturday, needed to get the Destroyers deal under wraps (which actually needs to be backdated slightly to the beginning of Q4) and I've got to make some trouble again on the developing California situation but I will have that up tomorrow before the quarter ends.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:
Thanas wrote:^Is that your own cat, Lonestar? If so, it looks pretty fierce.
That is Mary, AKA "The Bitch Kitty From Hell" who once took down a Turkey Vulture(she is an indoor cat now). Part of the Dynamic Duo of William and Mary.
Now why do I get the impression the dominion will soon start building two 'Cats [/beatty] to counter the Shroomato? :lol:

In all seriousness, that is a good-looking cat.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Both of my livestock are 15 years old, believe it or not...
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Lonestar wrote:Both of my livestock are 15 years old, believe it or not...
Oh, I definitely believe it. When I was a child, neighbour's cat was an excellent companion...she lived to be 17 years.
------------
------------
My LPs
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Lonestar wrote:Both of my livestock are 15 years old, believe it or not...
The cat does look kinda like an evil witch...
Kreia
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

So with Q1 moving ahead I kinda retro'd the post...mostly by only now making it plain that the Mexicans told the Cascadians to go fuck themselves in regards to California...yay for border tension.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

What's the timing for your last post?

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Steve wrote:What's the timing for your last post?
The public awareness of the note is just after New Years...the note itself would have come just prior to Thanksgiving

-Kingdom of Heaven
Lascaris
Padawan Learner

Post by Lascaris »

So I see various major BB upgrade projects, frex Germany's and the Dominion's with varying costs and varying times to completion.

Are there any ground rules on how long it should take to reconstruct a capital ship and how much it would cost? And how much in the way of shipbuilding capacity would something like this take up?
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Will the United States approach Colombia about expanding the Panama Canal and increasing the Panamax dimensions? Will Mexico be annoyed at the US for helping the Colombians better compete with their own Canal project? Find out next time, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

So real quick I had bad dates for the DDs I started building this quarter so that has been edited to reflect. Also forgot to update the OrBat to show that the effective date is actually 1 June before the Mexican Army is 100% Motorized (effectiveness will be increasing variably but most units will be 100% ready by Q3 1927)

-Kingdom of Heaven
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

You may all commence your screaming at what I'm about to say, but keep in mind I'm only pondering it...

We have people already planning 70,000T standard monstrosities and planning on laying <65,000T standard ships in 1927 game year. I think that's going a bit fast given 55,000T was just being prepared for construction as of game start. I'm wondering if we should have a bit of a cap where it goes up by 5,000T Standard every 2 years, so in 1927 you'd have to have a ship of only up to 60,000T Standard, then in '29 you get 65,000T standard, etc.

Note we're not doing this, I'm just pondering if we should('ve) done so.