SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK V

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Well the economy as a whole may be fucked, but mercenaries will be needed in the chaos! Who else will collect the bounties on Shepnukistani and Sadaamistani officials heads? Honestly it sucks the world is ending, but here's hoping we can do better next time.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Coyote wrote:May as well. We're ending it all in atomic wargasm anyway, and going for a reboot.
Oh, good. I have presents for Mr. Bear. We are generous!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Dude, game's over. No need to piss on the FUN :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Dude, game's over. No need to piss on the FUN :P
Boo, I go away for a long weekend and miss the nuclear war :cry:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SDN World 2 is coming up. I intend to complete my order of advanced F-14s from the IRT :D

[I also sold you a stratellite.]
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:SDN World 2 is coming up. I intend to complete my order of advanced F-14s from the IRT :D

You sold a stratellite to a nation that is attacking a FUN nation....
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:SDN World 2 is coming up. I intend to complete my order of advanced F-14s from the IRT :D

A sale that won't have taken place in our fresh start, clean slate world anyway.

They'll have to redesign those F-14s and Stratellites anyway. :wink:
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

RogueIce wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:

A sale that won't have taken place in our fresh start, clean slate world anyway.

They'll have to redesign those F-14s and Stratellites anyway. :wink:
Yes. I'm going to have to make a note to work on projects that don't take longer than a few years to complete.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

So Mr. Compassionate Capitalism turns out to be a complete dickhead as well, huh? :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:So Mr. Compassionate Capitalism turns out to be a complete dickhead as well, huh? :P
I have always been wary of IRT. Anyhow, I wouldn't ally with in in the next game either.
Kreia
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I just got hit with Co-60 fallout from FUN strikes and attacking Stas' spaceborne assets would cause the FUN to declare war on me anyways. :P
PeZook wrote:So Mr. Compassionate Capitalism turns out to be a complete dickhead as well, huh? :P
We never pretended to look out for anyone except #1 :D
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:I have always been wary of IRT. Anyhow, I wouldn't ally with in in the next game either.
Man, we never allied with anyone. We just wanted to make money and be left alone :cry:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:[I also sold you a stratellite.]
Yes, it's nicely assisting my air-defense, protected by my massive air/missile defense system so that pesky Tu-2000s don't try and shoot it down :wink:
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Coyote, make a note: Make IRT right next to Bear next time, for irony sake. :D
Kreia
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I was just wondering if it was sheer choler that prompted an IRT attack on the Bear Republic. I can see it was!
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Using ShepLogic(TM), the IRT should've nuked the UAR...after all, they knew the FUN would use salted nukes in retaliation, so why did they poke us? Huh?

Because it's not our responsibiliy not to be assholes!

You know, this is kinda like mugger logic. "He was looking at me funny" :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

PeZook wrote:Using ShepLogic(TM), the IRT should've nuked the UAR...after all, they knew the FUN would use salted nukes in retaliation, so why did they poke us? Huh?
AFAICT, the salted nukes were not actually declared in-character; the IRT expected normal fallout as the price of business. Trying to contaminate everything for the next decade or so is something else entirely, especially since I'm being nicely dusted.

Hell, Shep didn't even attack Byzantium proper and then the FUN decided to hit him with their strategic assets too!

At any rate, since the game is being rebooted anyways it hardly matters :P
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

phongn wrote: AFAICT, the salted nukes were not actually declared in-character; the IRT expected normal fallout as the price of business. Trying to contaminate everything for the next decade or so is something else entirely, especially since I'm being nicely dusted.

Hell, Shep didn't even attack Byzantium proper and then the FUN decided to hit him with their strategic assets too!

At any rate, since the game is being rebooted anyways it hardly matters :P
Well, yeah...I mean, it's quite clear why the IRT would be, ah, "irritated" by the Co-60 fallout, and I guess it was overkill for us to use them.

But if we let the war run its course and the UAR rebuild its arsenal, then we'd be next. Anybody sane would see that a nuke confrontation between the MESS and the UAR would involve the FUN.

I was just trying out ShepLogic(TM) here ;)

Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

I just knew my nation would get destroyed.....

By the way, what's wrong with simply continuing to play in this post-nuclear war world. It's not like every civilization in every country has been destroyed....
Visitor of five museum ships.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Because it sucks dick? :P

If someone wants to continue, then there's nothing stopping him.

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

It was worse than a bad day in Bosnia.
Raj I laughed my ass of. :lol:
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Becuase roleplaying a bunch of guys with sticks isn't very fun.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Yeah. I mean...

"King Arik went to the beach. It was great, because most of the girls had wigs and dentures fit so they could look pretty and smile now, and the illusion was almost complete so long as you didn't look to close at the blackened gums. It was getting to the point where he didn't even really notice the characteristic thyroid 'throat bloat' anymore..."

Ew.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Coyote wrote:Yeah. I mean...

"King Arik went to the beach. It was great, because most of the girls had wigs and dentures fit so they could look pretty and smile now, and the illusion was almost complete so long as you didn't look to close at the blackened gums. It was getting to the point where he didn't even really notice the characteristic thyroid 'throat bloat' anymore..."

Ew.
:lol:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Coiler wrote:I just knew my nation would get destroyed.....

By the way, what's wrong with simply continuing to play in this post-nuclear war world. It's not like every civilization in every country has been destroyed....
For those that were, there's little point. And in a lot of respects we'd practically have to reboot anyway. So why not do that when you're not dealing with radioactive fallout?

Kinda funny you suggested it though. I'm pretty sure Stas hammered Coilerburg hard enough you don't even have a civilization to rebuild.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

RogueIce wrote:
Coiler wrote:I just knew my nation would get destroyed.....

For those that were, there's little point. And in a lot of respects we'd practically have to reboot anyway. So why not do that when you're not dealing with radioactive fallout?

Kinda funny you suggested it though. I'm pretty sure Stas hammered Coilerburg hard enough you don't even have a civilization to rebuild.
Hmm..I didn't get hit.

If anything of Coilburg remained I will personally make sure that it ends up dead. :twisted:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Well it seems I survived the Shepnukistani first strike against me (yays!). So it's safe to say I threw myself into the best damn (and secretive) bunker I have before Sea Skimmer finally gets around to doing whatever it is he's going to do.

Though I would point out that, since I never deployed nuclear weapons, it'd be a waste to target me. :wink: