SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK III

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hang on.

FUN FRIENDS, do we all want that aircraft carrier? Y/N? :?:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

I say yes, we want the aircraft carrier.

We should be finishing the FUN conference, so lets get to it. :D
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

7 billion for the Goddamn Aircraft Carrier.

Shroomania has contributed 10 billion for the FUN Defense Fund. If that's what it takes...
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:7 billion for the Goddamn Aircraft Carrier.

Shroomania has contributed 10 billion for the FUN Defense Fund. If that's what it takes...
Jeez... 7.5 billion.

Even if it has to take nearly half of the budget next year...
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Christ, people. Let Byzantium take the carrier and have the FUN buy 200 heavy fighter-interceptors and infrastructure for them instead :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Okay. FINE. You can HAVE your stupid aircraft carrier. Are you HAPPY now, Emperor Heraclius? :P

Should we get the Ticos instead? :)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Okay. FINE. You can HAVE your stupid aircraft carrier. Are you HAPPY now, Emperor Heraclius? :P

Should we get the Ticos instead? :)
We should probably use the money to build a comprehensive air defence network for the FUN first. Let's start with fighters, airbases, radar and C&C systems. Then fund the deployment of modern mobile SAMs in great numbers, and finally top it off with an ABM shield. Power projection for the FART can wait for the nearest future.

BTW, who is going to keep track of the defense fund? :P

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The most qualified mang in town, of course :wink: :D :P

Man, yes. I can't believe we're going through with FART. YES! FART! FART! FART-FART-FART-FART!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:The most qualified mang in town, of course :wink: :D :P
I hate you :P

Well, shit. Maybe I'll tally everything up once I'm done with the ISCA.

All those huge purchases form the UKB will really strain capacity :D

Oh, BTW. Shinra pledged one billion shiny us dollars for ISCA. So, the question is...

What do we spend them on? :D

Bear, how many of those floating docks will ya need?

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh yeah. The both of us have Blackbeard facilities and will be presumably selling MOAR of 'em to the rest of the FUN.

So, I propose that in order to not get sued by Shep or anything, we rename our products from the Blackbeard to the Shroomstache.

Blackbeard was a pirate in real Earth.

Shroomstache was also a pirate. In the Seven Central Seas.

Behold:

Dread Pirate Shroomstache

[When his head was blown off by a stray cannon ball, his PeZookian first mate had it replaced with a peg-head.]
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

How about we build a theme park dedicated to Shroomstache and think up of a more menacing name for the missile? :P

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Damn! :lol:

Well, I was thinking it would be disarming if our military stuff gets to have all sorts of silly names. The UAR and the MESS would think it's cute and wouldn't mind our sudden upsurge in defense budgets :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Damn! :lol:

Well, I was thinking it would be disarming if our military stuff gets to have all sorts of silly names. The UAR and the MESS would think it's cute and wouldn't mind our sudden upsurge in defense budgets :P
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they won't mind. Let's take it further and name our super-secret Doomsday Weapon program "Operation Perfume Farts"

:D

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:Christ, people. Let Byzantium take the carrier and have the FUN buy 200 heavy fighter-interceptors and infrastructure for them instead :P
Hey, I have Shep parked right at my backyard. :wink:

In return, I'm willing to let ICAS free use of my yards if you need any access capacity. (meaning no rent charges. Bring your own raw materials)

Bean, can I pay like 6.5 or less billion for it then?
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I like Blackbeard, furthermore Sheppard won't mind you keeping the name since it provides free PR for him but you'll have to change the designation to Whitebeard or some similar knockoff.

Also if you keep letting Shroom name things for the FUN I'm going to have to start slapping tariffs on FUN goods for a silly tax.

OAN The Rename-for Peace plan won't work, you'll just get MESS NATO style reporting names. So you might call it the M2 "Happy Bunny Funmobile" but the Mess will simply shorten that to Foxtrox(Tank) or something similar

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Hey, I have Shep parked right at my backyard. :wink:

In return, I'm willing to let ICAS free use of my yards if you need any access capacity. (meaning no rent charges. Bring your own raw materials)

Bean, can I pay like 6.5 or less billion for it then?
And that's another thing, if they keep letting Shroom name things for them, I'll sell the carrier to you no matter what they offer(Under 20 billion)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Why does everyone HAET me?! :cry:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I can match that amount.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

oh and speaking of that the Bear Republic's knock off is called "Coastal Protection Commisar" as for the long range Air version is called "Sniper Commisar"

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Why does everyone HAET me?! :cry:
Re-open trade relations and everything will be happy again! :D
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:

I can match that amount.
Eh, I think we can let Byzantium have its carrier. We can use our billions to invest in missiles and stuff instead.

Go away, phongn :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Hey Shroom, how large is your BAM production capacity for airliners? I will announce the order by the turn of the new year. If necessary, I'll beef up my own production capabilities (I believe the factories should be ready by the middle of next year).

The deal will be partly privately funded (The company is only 50% government owned)
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Well...um...*ponders making PeZookia a partner of the BAM so PeZook can do the maths for us...*

I guess my mangs can manage 200 orders per year?

I am pulling that out of thin air and if anyone can correct me, please do so.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Go away, phongn :P
* smuggles out Shroomian goods *
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Why does everyone HAET me?! :cry:
Because the last "silly name" you came up with (NINJA) didn't turn out so good? :P
PeZook wrote:Oh, BTW. Shinra pledged one billion shiny us dollars for ISCA. So, the question is...
Whoa there PeZook, steady now...

It was $2 billion USD total spending towards the ISCA. $1.96 billion USD of that went into ship orders. :wink: That leaves $ 40 million USD for other stuff.

I wasn't that generous. :)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight