SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Does anyone know the proportion of real time to in-game time that we're using?
1 game year = 1 real month. It's in the Reference Thread.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Well, if you really want supercomputers, it's not as if some of the other nations, such as mine, don't have them. (not as well publicised only)
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Stas Bush wrote: 1 game year = 1 real month. It's in the Reference Thread.
:oops: I just looked in the reference thread and saw it for myself. Thanks anyway.
Visitor of five museum ships.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Well, if you really want supercomputers, it's not as if some of the other nations, such as mine, don't have them. (not as well publicised only)
It's for data processing, so it can be done anywhere :D

Our unmanned probes will be collecting a crapload of data, so we'll need to organize and analyze them.

EDIT:
DarthShady wrote: I am not quite sure what that would entail but we are willing to help. Wink
Well...for example, making lunar boots, or cameras or radiation-proof lunchboxes :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Well, if you really want supercomputers, it's not as if some of the other nations, such as mine, don't have them. (not as well publicised only)
It's for data processing, so it can be done anywhere :D

Our unmanned probes will be collecting a crapload of data, so we'll need to organize and analyze them.
Most of my high performance computing is done at the High Energy Institute as they have been getting ready for the data processing to be done when Bear's Supercollider is completed (And I mean able to handle petabytes of data).

I guess since right now, they are doing nothing but simulating possible experiments, they have spare computing power available.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hrm... maybe we could continue Paul and Shroom's conversation. Or continue it when Shroom goes to PeZookia.

Do we have any pressing issues to discuss? I mean, aside from going to the moon.

Stas:

Mang, Crossroadia is now in the FUN.

And... does Coiler have a spot in the map? Did he post his nation's map?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Hrm... maybe we could continue Paul and Shroom's conversation. Or continue it when Shroom goes to PeZookia.

Do we have any pressing issues to discuss? I mean, aside from going to the moon.

Stas:

Mang, Crossroadia is now in the FUN.

And... does Coiler have a spot in the map? Did he post his nation's map?
Say Shroom, perhaps we should indulge a little in the cultist arc. :D
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Hrm... maybe we could continue Paul and Shroom's conversation. Or continue it when Shroom goes to PeZookia.
I think we'll talk more during the visit.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Do we have any pressing issues to discuss? I mean, aside from going to the moon.
There's Indophal's FUN application. I'm inclined to agree, since I owe him a favor for bringing in that rogue RIS officer.

I will have to post something about their eventual fate. Damn... :D

BTW:

Brave FUN astronauts training in the Soyuz TMA simulator :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: And... does Coiler have a spot in the map? Did he post his nation's map?
I indeed have picked out a spot on the map.

It's the little red shape in the Central Sea
Visitor of five museum ships.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fingolfin, you do realize that this means holy war! :P

I shall indulge in REVENGEMENT tomorrow!

Know that the JENOVA'S WITNESSES originated in Shinra. But they are EVERYWHERE.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Fingolfin, you do realize that this means holy war! :P

The Crusaders of St John will be ready for the coming trial, and they have hidden backers. :D
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You have swords and guns.

We have swordguns :twisted:

:lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

So...these guys are like gangs, but with swords?

I may have a solution for that little problem.

EDIT: OHMYGOD I've missed the announcement! My Migs are here! WOOOOHOOO!!!! :D
Last edited by PeZook on 2008-06-15 01:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:You have swords and guns.

We have swordguns :twisted:

We have energised swords and hammers and pistols for close quarter fighting, with armor and shields to boot. (Note, the voltage is good for one blow)

We just haven't carted out all the weapons we can possibly muster. :lol: And let's just say, some of the retired Varangian guards are leaders of this sect. :wink:
Kreia
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:So...these guys are like gangs, but with swords?

I may have a solution for that little problem.
Actually, they look like medieval knights, with armour of kevlar and ceramic, and they carry guns and swords/hammers. All blessed with holy water of course.

Worse case they bring out shotguns with shorter barrels for close quarter fighting.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

My cultists can perform obscene acts of pseudo-aeronautical jiu-jitsu while riding crazyfast cyberpunk bikes. Hah :P
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:My cultists can perform obscene acts of pseudo-aeronautical jiu-jitsu while riding crazyfast cyberpunk bikes. Hah :P
Jeez dude. Don't make the knights cart out more weapons than required. But ah heck. Let's have some fun. :lol:
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

You can always joust them with your own Holy Harleys :twisted:

YES

Tomorrow I shall post the Jenova's Witnesses ruining Constantinople's shit before the Grey Knights ruin their shit as well.

HAY! PeZook, want your Mig pilots trained by the Shroomanian TOP GUN institute? :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: HAY! PeZook, want your Mig pilots trained by the Shroomanian TOP GUN institute? :D
Sure!

But they're probably a bit conservative, seeing as they come from PeZookia and all, so not much beach volleyball for your guys ;)

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Shroom Man 777 wrote:You can always joust them with your own Holy Harleys :twisted:

YES

Tomorrow I shall post the Jenova's Witnesses ruining Constantinople's shit before the Grey Knights ruin their shit as well.
"Praise the Lord and Emperor and Strike down his Foes!" :twisted:
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Another creationist rears his ugly head!

Except we can't ridicule him, because we all know he's actually right this time :P

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

It's actually delicious stuff for some existentially pseudophilosophical stuff. What do you do when you know your world is not real? That your world has been created by a being that cares not for you, that the reality and the memories of the past you perceived are all false?

Would you take the red pill, or the blue pill?

Would you fight the system? The Agents are the gatekeepers, but the masters of this world are the ones we call 'President' or 'Your Highness'.

To be free, we must destroy these programs!

We must find...

The One

Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:It's actually delicious stuff for some existentially pseudophilosophical stuff. What do you do when you know your world is not real? That your world has been created by a being that cares not for you, that the reality and the memories of the past you perceived are all false?

Would you take the red pill, or the blue pill?

Would you fight the system? The Agents are the gatekeepers, but the masters of this world are the ones we call 'President' or 'Your Highness'.

To be free, we must destroy these programs!

We must find...

The One

Except that this world is real, so "fighting the system" like Neo did would mean getting tasered, dragged to court, tried and executed ;)

No "bending the rules" to avoid bullets here, it's just your memories which are false :D

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:You can always joust them with your own Holy Harleys :twisted:

YES

OK, it's time for the Shinra Republic to deal with this JENOVA shit. We've hired some local talent to do the job:

Game over. 8)
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Fingolfin, you do realize that this means holy war! :P

What about the Hubbologists?

Hey they now have M.I.B.'s you know the kind that stand out like a sore thumb, and are so wired on hypnosis, steriods, and stimulants that they are slightly physcically superhuman, but kinda stupid.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin