SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Re: SD.Net World Redux Comment Thread IV

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Zor wrote:
Steve wrote:Not sure. Who'll be hosting it this time?

And really, what did the last one accomplish? Or will we presume that world events and such overtook the summit and killed the proposed Treaty until we could meet again?
I am going to say in Serenity.

Zor
No objections. Any ideas on what to discuss? 2nd attempt for a Treaty?
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Ryan Thunder wrote:Uh, Beowulf, I assume that was your ambassador's body guard? I forgot about that sort of thing when I specified those firearm laws. As diplomatic personnel, you may legally possess semi-automatic pistols off of embassy grounds, and, if you notify the police beforehand, you may possess sub-machine guns.
Actually, they may legally possess all sorts of weapons, as per international conventions on diplomatic relations. Embassy personnel are exempt from criminal prosecution in the host country (unless you didn't sign them...)

This is not to say PeZookians won't be good neighbors. If a PeZookian diplomat tries to weasel out of a parking ticket via diplomatic immunity, just give King Paul a call and we'll sort it out :D
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

PeZook wrote:
Ryan Thunder wrote:Uh, Beowulf, I assume that was your ambassador's body guard? I forgot about that sort of thing when I specified those firearm laws. As diplomatic personnel, you may legally possess semi-automatic pistols off of embassy grounds, and, if you notify the police beforehand, you may possess sub-machine guns.
Actually, they may legally possess all sorts of weapons, as per international conventions on diplomatic relations. Embassy personnel are exempt from criminal prosecution in the host country (unless you didn't sign them...)

This is not to say PeZookians won't be good neighbors. If a PeZookian diplomat tries to weasel out of a parking ticket via diplomatic immunity, just give King Paul a call and we'll sort it out :D
What if the said diplomat pulls out a fork and stabs his rival in the eye? :D
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: What if the said diplomat pulls out a fork and stabs his rival in the eye? :D
*grumbles*

We'll fire him from the diplomatic corps and Miratians can then prosecute him. How's that? :)

Or we can revise the conventions, so that murder is not covered by diplomatic immunity...

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote: What if the said diplomat pulls out a fork and stabs his rival in the eye? :D
*grumbles*

We'll fire him from the diplomatic corps and Miratians can then prosecute him. How's that? :)

Or we can revise the conventions, so that murder is not covered by diplomatic immunity...
No more sharp pointed objects at banquets! :lol:

Actually, if mine did that, they'd beg to be prosecuted on foreign grounds, because a fate worse than death would await him back home.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

PeZook wrote:
Ugh. How could I forget?

*grumble*

Well, even so, I strongly recommend against carrying anything highly visible, for the sake of the civilians. They aren't used to obviously-non-military folk strolling around with assault rifles or what have you.
Bah, fair enough. :P
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Coyote, we can launch the LRO tomorrow. I even mentioned FASTA contracted your companies to build the probe in the last bulletin.

As for the Eagle, well...a 116-tonne capacity booster is pretty far away ;)

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Steve wrote:Not sure. Who'll be hosting it this time?

And really, what did the last one accomplish? Or will we presume that world events and such overtook the summit and killed the proposed Treaty until we could meet again?
Totally unrelated but I probably should have gotten Wilkonia invovled but they were distracted the first time around. Given that I maintain the alrgest Navy in the pacific if there is a new conference I'm probably going to want to jump in.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

PeZook wrote:Coyote, we can launch the LRO tomorrow. I even mentioned FASTA contracted your companies to build the probe in the last bulletin.

Yeah, I couldn't remember the LRO status-- we'll move immediately on the LRO launch. We're going to scout Selene for good landing sites, not only for the Eagle (which can land almost anywhere, in theory) but also to carve out a moon base.

We may have to bust up the EGL into pieces to get it up there immediately. The superstructure, cargo pod, command capsule and engines can be assembled in orbit...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Coyote wrote:
PeZook wrote:Coyote, we can launch the LRO tomorrow. I even mentioned FASTA contracted your companies to build the probe in the last bulletin.

Yeah, I couldn't remember the LRO status-- we'll move immediately on the LRO launch. We're going to scout Selene for good landing sites, not only for the Eagle (which can land almost anywhere, in theory) but also to carve out a moon base.

We may have to bust up the EGL into pieces to get it up there immediately. The superstructure, cargo pod, command capsule and engines can be assembled in orbit...
Tell you what: The Saturn V will be able to carry 120 tonnes into orbit. The lighter Saturn II used for selene will have a 60-tonne capacity. We'll have to run docking tests first, but it should be doable.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

If you want to, put in a quick blurb about "funding from Canissia" and let's kick into high gear! :D
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Coyote wrote:If you want to, put in a quick blurb about "funding from Canissia" and let's kick into high gear! :D
SUre, go ahead. I should probably get started with the Soyuz program already :D

How about a Canissian flies the first manned Soyuz mission?

CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

So general notes on the long range MSA launch capacity (essentially joint rocket development money from everybody in the MESS who is funding the MSA). This does not include the OD-run programs which are running through the Titan line and are somewhere between the Titan II and the Titan III.

Delta II:
5924 Configuration (3000lbs to GTO) in Q1 2012
7925-H Configuration (4000lbs to GTO) in Q1 2014

Delta IV:
4250-H Configuration (24000lbs to GTO) in Q1 2016
4560-H Configuration (45000lbs to GTO) in Q2 2018
This is a variant on the IV Heavy with 5 strap-on CBCs instead of the 2 on the current IV Heavy
5760-H Configuration (82000 to GTO) in Q3 2021
This is a variant with 7 CBCs, obviously this requires mostly new launch facilities and software.

Ares:
Ares V with 5.5 Segment SSRB, RS-68B Main Engine Cluster, and J-2X Upper Stage (410000 to LEO) Q4 2022

The items indicated are the largest available boosters at their given point in time. Launch weight can be accomodated from the 7020 configuration Delta II upwards (roughly 1,800lbs to GTO) to the largest available. All of this is based on flights and launches made as of now which would be Q4 2011 so the next generation of Delta II rockets will be going to its first launch soon.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Hmm..so we basically have parity when it comes to the light and medium weight boosters, while the Ares V will outperform anything we have planned, including the Energia-Vulkan.

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Damn, I wish I had the time to get back into the game. Still on autopilot for now. :(

P.S. Hurry up and get us to the moon mangs.

P.P.S. PeZook can I get a USSR astronaut up into space anytime soon? I haven't been giving FASTA all that money for nothing. :D
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I'll script something up that contracts the FASTA to get my lunar recon satellite up immediately; and we'll get the Ares to take Eagle up as soon as it is practical.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

PeZook wrote:Hmm..so we basically have parity when it comes to the light and medium weight boosters, while the Ares V will outperform anything we have planned, including the Energia-Vulkan.
I thought we planned to do a hybrid Ares/Vulkan rocket? The Vulkan in some sources can lob 175-200 tonnes into orbit. We are pretty much like 10 years away from testing the rocket anyhow.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

DarthShady wrote: P.P.S. PeZook can I get a USSR astronaut up into space anytime soon? I haven't been giving FASTA all that money for nothing. :D
Of course ; I believe there are two Shadows in the Soyuz program. Don't worry.
Fingolfin wrote: I thought we planned to do a hybrid Ares/Vulkan rocket? The Vulkan in some sources can lob 175-200 tonnes into orbit. We are pretty much like 10 years away from testing the rocket anyhow.
Hmm....yeah, now that your remind me. We do have SRB technology from the Lucrelance project, after all :D

Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

PeZook wrote:Hmm....yeah, now that your remind me. We do have SRB technology from the Lucrelance project, after all :D
In that case, may I assume Ralson Aerospace will be receiving juicy contracts for helping develop these boosters? :D
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

SiegeTank wrote:
PeZook wrote:Hmm....yeah, now that your remind me. We do have SRB technology from the Lucrelance project, after all :D
In that case, may I assume Ralson Aerospace will be receiving juicy contracts for helping develop these boosters? :D

Yes

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

SiegeTank wrote:
On condition that you work with Byzantine Aeronautics/Kontos Munitions Rocketry :wink: . I actually authorised funding for solid fueled rocket boosters, though I never got around to post it. These solid fueled rocket boosters on spec are meant to match those used in the Shuttle program.
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Of course ; I believe there are two Shadows in the Soyuz program. Don't worry.
Thanks mang. :D

Also: Coiler wanted to nuke some rebels. :lol:
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

DarthShady wrote:Also: Coiler wanted to nuke some rebels. :lol:
Stas nuked some Germs, same concept. ;)

Also, My Rafale's are stationed in the Commonwealth's CFR Territories, so I'd be willing to help out with the bombing.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:On condition that you work with Byzantine Aeronautics/Kontos Munitions Rocketry.
Hey, that can be arranged. We'll gladly spy on- I mean, cooperate with your industries ;).
DarthShady wrote:Also: Coiler wanted to nuke some rebels. :lol:
Coilerburg is like an otherwise friendly neighbor with some really bad anger management issues. One minute he's a good neighbor and solid partner, the next he totally flips out like a ninja :).
Karmic Knight wrote:Also, My Rafale's are stationed in the Commonwealth's CFR Territories, so I'd be willing to help out with the bombing.
Sweet, let's hunt some rebels then. How about we name the bombings Operation CUSTOMER COMPLAINT? :D
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

SiegeTank wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:On condition that you work with Byzantine Aeronautics/Kontos Munitions Rocketry.
Hey, that can be arranged. We'll gladly spy on- I mean, cooperate with your industries ;).
Sure, if money lubricates the wheels of industry. :wink:
Kreia