Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Pre-industrial Fantasy STGOD OOC/Rules Thread:

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Anyhoo, I can announce some new ships:

Ships Commissioning this year:

Flagships (2): Dreadnought, Defiant
Battleships (10): Renown, Repulse, Vanguard, Leviathan, Guardian, Achilles, Cerberus, Basilisk, Illustrious, Implacable

Ships Commissioning next year:

Flagships (2): Ark Royal, Challenger
Battleships (10): Revenge, Superb, Majestic, Excalibur, John Wallace, Odyssey, Dauntless, Warrior, Centurion, Retribution

These are ships I am adding to my forces this year and next year, for a total of 15,600 points extra per year. I can also announce the following Frigates that I have now named, beyond the four I had named in my original OOB: OINS Endurance, Endeavour, Fenris, Hephaestus, Bellatrix, Rigel, Arcturus, Trident, Enterprise, Venture, Lancelot, Galahad, Ranger, Hornet, Wasp, Bunker Hill

My remaining 14,400 points for this year will be taken up by giving some improved gear to my Shock Infantry Battalions, namely, Technomantic armour. Basically, with the weight-reducing magics already in use, it becomes possible to provide soldiers with torso armour and helmets thick and heavy enough to reliably stop musket balls at anything beyond 20 yard ranges without the weight impeding movement. I reckon this counts as a 1 point per man increase, bringing them to 2.5 points each. This is a total expense of 15,000 points so I think that's within an acceptable margin.

My rational is that such gear was first trialed on my Praetorian Guard (hence their cost of 4 points per man) and is now being rolled out to the Army. Since Shock Infantry are expected to get in close and are the elite forces, they have been given priority.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Apologies, again, for my lack of activity.

In case anyone is still interested in this, I've posted the latest on my people in the story thread. Expeditions have been sent north and south to explore the coast lines.

The inlet from which they depart is supposed to be the location of real world Vancouver B.C.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I'm actually working on a rather... fillery story post detailing some things that have happened to Delatour.

My Two Musketeers storyline is pretty well dead in the water because Coop dropped out entirely even before our gameplay hit its slowdown.

I'd like to keep working, I've just been busy and stressed out and finding other outlets for that rather than this game, unfortunately, because I have FUN with games like this.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Ah, well, no rush.

It looks like any real attempt at a schedule has long gone out the window for this game.

Even the go one month without posting and you're faction becomes an NPC thing (not sure if I ever formalized that in the rules)...

We'd have to throw out practically everyone. :lol:
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I've been a combination of stupid busy and out of state for most of the month. I am hoping to do some diplomacizing but haven't really had the hour or so of time I want to devout to writing out a post.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, I'm a bit miffed at Coop because I needed to ask him specific questions and he kind of... tuned out. I like to think if E_F or someone had wanted to talk to me about something game-related so they could do what they needed, I'd be available. Then again, maybe Coop has his reasons, so I shouldn't get huffy.

Anyway, should be thinking forward to my spring and summer campaign season.

[Reviews the terrain around Detroit, makes probable allowances for what it'd look like after hundreds of years of pre-industrial development and cultivation]

Fuuuu-

:D
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Should be writing and haven't. I either need to sleep less, do less or not waste time on the rest of this forum:)
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

I'm kind of stuck really since I'd been building upfor a navalwar against the Chesapeake and the guy hasn't been here.

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The war will have to wait, then. :D
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

I suppose. But I wanted to write posts about Dreadnought and Defiant laying waste to enemy line of battle ships damnit.

Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Yeah, I'm also waiting on a PM question. Sorry, all.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Question aimed at whom?

If it's somebody who's basically dropped out, then standard procedure from past games is just to assume whichever answer would be most hilarious.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

In that case can I go ahead and start my war with the Chesapeake? Though I have only the vaguest idea of the enemy so it may prove difficult.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, I was thinking more in terms of minor stuff. For major stuff I'd bow to TRR.

If you need someone to help work out the opposing force's strategy so it's not just a fight against a cardboard cutout, I'm up. Though, as noted, not knowing what assets they have is a problem.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

I appreciate the offer.

I am working on a historical piece, exploring the ideas I plan to add about Excalibur and the Founding of the Empire.

Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Simon_Jester wrote:Question aimed at whom?
It's a follow-up to a response that I got from Beowulf a couple of days ago. He's still in it as least as much as I am.

On a related topic, though, I think it's about time that Zixinus and I dismantled and divvied up Texas.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Well, if you're waiting for someone who isn't here, and hasn't been here for, say, a month, I would say PM them (or I could PM them) and ask if they're planning to continue. If they say no, or there's no answer within a couple days, then I believe the appropriate course would be to declare their faction an NPC, and you can go ahead and do as you please.

That seems the most equitable and efficient way to handle it to me.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I'm hesitant to actually kick anyone out if I don't have to, because people do have busy lives outside the game and potentially have good reasons for not posting. But at some point, you can't let everything grind to a halt. So if someone is clearly not coming back in the near future, its best to just make their faction an NPC for practicality's sake, I think.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Feel free to NPise my faction or flat out replace them with something better.
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Crazedwraith wrote:Feel free to NPise my faction or flat out replace them with something better.
[sigh] I liked yours.

Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Raw Shark wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:Question aimed at whom?
It's a follow-up to a response that I got from Beowulf a couple of days ago. He's still in it as least as much as I am.

On a related topic, though, I think it's about time that Zixinus and I dismantled and divvied up Texas.
If there's going to be a partition of Texas, please be aware that the Ottomans will be involved - my capital is too close to that border to not take advantage of an opportunity to push it further away.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Esquire wrote:If there's going to be a partition of Texas, please be aware that the Ottomans will be involved - my capital is too close to that border to not take advantage of an opportunity to push it further away.
I'm down for a 3-way. ;)

Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

From the Conversations from the Professional Front Lines thread, this does not surprise me. :D
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Could someone refresh my memory on what Crazed's faction was, again?
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Human/goblin mountain society. Penchant for crossbows and mechanisms over gunpowder and modern tech.

Still like the concept but clearly Im not able to get the writing done.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

Send out trade missions at 50 words each!
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee