SD.net's World OOC/Discussion thread MK IV

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Wow. Biodefense. I wonder what that entails :lol:
Seriously, we don't have a biowar program in the sense of "deliverable, weaponizable agents." However, in order to have a biodefense program we do have to do some exceedingly dangerous research, the kind that requires BSL 4 rooms.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Like the CDCC and Vector?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Like the CDCC and Vector?
More like USAMRIID, but yes.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Shroom, check your PM.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

RogueIce wrote:I only did that because Raj unloaded them for you (hence his military parade). I told you we'd let you pass, both in PMs and OOC. So if you want to blame anyone, blame him.

But now you RPed Alexander into doing the stupidest thing he possibly could've done? Bullshit Shep.

So I took them away after Raj indicated they had been delievered? You could've said something and it would easily have been quickly retconned. But no, you had to be a little baby about it.
Okay fine. Have it your way. The UAR will deal with this theft of it's property in the proper manner.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Speaking of which
Chemical Weapons
I got em
Not the WMD kind however, well not the kind that kill you anyway.
BZ, or 3-quinuclidinyl benzilate

Let me give you some short stats
BZ or "Agent Buzz" is the military name for 3-quinuclidinyl benzillate, an extremely powerful hallucinogen. After experimenting with a whole stash of mind-altering substances including cocaine, heroin and LSD, the Pentagon selected BZ for weaponizing. Its major advantages are that it can easily delivered in an aerosol cloud, and it is very safe. With many substances, the effective dose can be dangerously close to the amount needed to kill - ask any anesthetist. With BZ, the tiny effective dose (maybe two milligrams) is around one-thousandth the lethal dose. It is also odorless and invisible, and there is currently no means of detecting it.
Time to effect become apparent
* Inhaled: 30 minutes to 20 hours(Depending on dose)
* Skin: Up to 36 hours after skin exposure to BZ. Duration is typically 72 to 96 hours.

Think of BZ as spray on LSD
It takes an hour or two to become effect but since it lasts for dozens of hours in moist air(Which this planet has almost nothing but) and can last for two weeks in soil and solid objects it's highly useful as an area denial weapon.

E-med
Iraq's using it to get high

In short, put your soliders in MOPP gear for weeks at a time in a hot environment (92*F/33*C) with a high humidity, or risk your troops going batshit crazy for two days. Even better from my point of view, it's both odorless and clear it's much harder to detect(In fact there are no Chemical warfare detectors to detect BZ)

And the kicker is(And it's a big one) since it takes hours to kick in your soldiers will already be going crazy(Disrobing, Parionoa, Extreme mood swings are just a few fun signs) you have no choice but to stop what your doing and pull troops back(Troops who will be actively fighting you) or risk losing them as they sit and gibber in place.

And it gets even better, since the anti-dote to the agent? Kinda dangerous to use if you did not get an exposure of BZ.

So there you have it, my one chemical weapon, it won't kill you, it will however make you go crazy, it's odorless and easy to load into flame-weapons, should an attack against your country come, your soldiers will have to be in MOPP gear 24/7 or risk going bat shit crazy and hyper aggressive towards everyone.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

And the repo man is on the waaaaaaay :D
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

My God. You just effectively declared war over "theft" of property that was no longer really yours, but was given to Alexander?

I think we all knew the UAR was crazy. But this? Jesus Christ.

And nuclear weapons at that. Yeah, I think the world's going to respond to this one...
Last edited by RogueIce on 2008-06-01 09:41am, edited 1 time in total.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

There is a missing sub, The "Jack London" hasn't been heard from since the most recent disaster, may be damaged, currently carrying a compliment of Twelve conventional "Tomahawk" type missiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angele ... _submarine

if anyone has spotted the "Jack London" please attempt to contact and assist the crew.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

The Yosemite Bear wrote:There is a missing sub, The "Jack London" hasn't been heard from since the most recent disaster, may be damaged, currently carrying a compliment of Twelve conventional "Tomahawk" type missiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angele ... _submarine

if anyone has spotted the "Jack London" please attempt to contact and assist the crew.
Where was the ship last sighted?
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Jesus Fucking Christ I go to bed and all this shit happens with Alexander, most of which has been retconned, so I have no real damn Idea what happened. It sounds like Shep tried to strongarm Alexnader to accepting a lot more equipment than he thought he was going to get. Shep, the details of the deal between Alexander and Shinra were still being worked out. The gist of it is Alexander stays the owner of the equipment, but the excess of it gets stored in a neutral country with agreements that he can get ahold of it when he needs it, and Alexander asked your permission on it, because it is your hardware. Also I hope I've said in the past that Alexander likes to make at least token payments for the weapons he recieves, as he really wants to maintain some form of independence.

Though I must say I may not have understood the situation completely as far as the convoy went. Just what was the deal? was it sitting in the sea until a deal was reached or what?

As far as Alexander's policy goes he is trying to walk the tightrope where he maintains good relations with as many possible agressors as possible. And since Sadaamistan is pretty loopy and probably dangerous, He enagaged very closely with Shepnukistan, Sadaamistan's ally.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

What year are we now in? 2011 or 2012?
Kreia
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Bloody hell. Who's task force did Shep just bomb?
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Master_Baerne wrote:Bloody hell. Who's task force did Shep just bomb?
I don't know. But whatever it is, I going to hunker down and pretend nothing happened. :lol:
Raj Ahten wrote:Jesus Fucking Christ I go to bed and all this shit happens with Alexander, most of which has been retconned, so I have no real damn Idea what happened. It sounds like Shep tried to strongarm Alexnader to accepting a lot more equipment than he thought he was going to get. Shep, the details of the deal between Alexander and Shinra were still being worked out. The gist of it is Alexander stays the owner of the equipment, but the excess of it gets stored in a neutral country with agreements that he can get ahold of it when he needs it, and Alexander asked your permission on it, because it is your hardware. Also I hope I've said in the past that Alexander likes to make at least token payments for the weapons he recieves, as he really wants to maintain some form of independence.

Though I must say I may not have understood the situation completely as far as the convoy went. Just what was the deal? was it sitting in the sea until a deal was reached or what?

As far as Alexander's policy goes he is trying to walk the tightrope where he maintains good relations with as many possible agressors as possible. And since Sadaamistan is pretty loopy and probably dangerous, He enagaged very closely with Shepnukistan, Sadaamistan's ally.
Long story short, Shep tried to occupy Alexandria and put a gun to Alexander's head.

So yeah, it got very dicey.
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-06-01 09:57am, edited 1 time in total.
Kreia
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

TF-23 of the MESS

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

MKSheppard wrote:
TF-23 of the MESS
*Sigh*
You've forced my hand

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Let's keep this moving slow, to give everyone a chance to respond and move around; rather than log in at whatever and see the world blown away.

DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

And so it begins...
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

MKSheppard wrote:Let's keep this moving slow, to give everyone a chance to respond and move around; rather than log in at whatever and see the world blown away.
I'm going to agree with this. It looks like Shep started the New Year off with a bang...literally.

But given the enourmous ramifications, we definately need a time slow-down.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Yeah, time slow down in order. Also, what do neutral nations and others know about these attacks? Would it be unreasonable to have ProTec know something was up, but not what, as they have a fairly decent intel organ?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Fuck. Goddamn you all!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

I'd imagine CNN is lit the hell up right now; and people are yammering; this isn't the usual "military tests"; but in a location nobody expects.

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

By power vested in my Zor I declare we are now on REAL-TIME for the remainder of today.

MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Mr Bean wrote:By power vested in my Zor I declare we are now on REAL-TIME for the remainder of today.
Even with real time; we're still going to run into the problem of a lot of people logging in, and finding that the world is radioactive ash.....

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Raj Ahten wrote:Yeah, time slow down in order. Also, what do neutral nations and others know about these attacks? Would it be unreasonable to have ProTec know something was up, but not what, as they have a fairly decent intel organ?
Well at the moment we're not going public. It would force way too many people's hands.

Communications between certain world leaders would be made aware, but we don't want the public panic at this early stage.

TF-23 would have been pretty south of Adrianpolis, trying to stay away from the relief centers. Remember we were trying not to make a big deal of this. So at the moment most of those who know should only be military and government. Leaks could happen of "something" down south of Adrianpolis, but so far no firm word on a nuclear blast to the public.