2014 STGOD OOC Commentary Thread 1

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: 2014 STGOD OOC Commentary Thread 1

Post by Simon_Jester »

The Romulan Republic wrote:We can use characters from other stories in our posts?
It's actually mandatory, but nobody told you. ;)
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

BTW, anyone want the world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier to pay a port call during her final year's world cruise? Enterprise CVN-34 will be making a world tour in 2015 before her decommissioning in 2016 to make way for Enterprise CVN-45.

San Dorado is already confirmed as one stopover.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

could be fun in Champa, the ripples from Loki are still bouncing, so I'm expecting some anti-nuclear protests soon.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Umeria might be amusing because of traditional respect for old age and to watch the Umerians dockside welcome the Hundred-Bannered Venerable Ancestor-Ship or whatever. :D
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Orion would gladly welcome such an important and venerable vessel to our ports.

EDIT: Excellent, responses, and nuanced ones too. This should be interesting indeed. I'll have responses up soon, but I'm travelling at present so it might not be until this evening or tomorrow.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Fuso would definitely be interested in hosting the Enterprise during its final voyage. I suppose it would also be a good tme to hold naval exercises with the Cascadian Navy while Enterprise is in town.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Orion would gladly welcome such an important and venerable vessel to our ports.

EDIT: Excellent, responses, and nuanced ones too. This should be interesting indeed. I'll have responses up soon, but I'm travelling at present so it might not be until this evening or tomorrow.
It's not so much that I want a direct response.* It's that... well, the War on Terror as we know it owes a lot to the American role as a hyperpower reacting very angrily to an attack on its soil and calling in favors from its many ally/dependent states, while pretty much ignoring the conventions of international custom on how wars are waged.

Such a thing would look very different in a truly multipolar world where one of the few things everyone can agree on is the right of individual nation-states to be prickly about their neutrality.

*(roleplaying out an actual conference might be fun though, or it might be too complex for the play-by-post format)
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Fuso would definitely be interested in hosting the Enterprise during its final voyage. I suppose it would also be a good tme to hold naval exercises with the Cascadian Navy while Enterprise is in town.
That would be in one game year. We could say we have annual naval exercises perhaps. The CVBG on deployment in the northwest Pacific would attend them.

Although Hawaii might host multinational RIMPAC-style exercises that we'd all participate in too.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Finally I make a post! Hopefully I can make more soon.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Yes indeed. Provided your nation doesn't go under from being bankrupt. :P

Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Steve wrote:Yes indeed. Provided your nation doesn't go under from being bankrupt. :P
Oh, but that's part of the fun! Granadia will be in interesting times indeed....
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Hey Steve, I'll take a visit from the Enterprise as well.

As long as the Captain isn't Jonathon Archer. :razz:

Hmm, is Va'Kel Shon a Cascadian name? :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Ha. No.

Heh. I might make it where the ship's last tour is by the first woman to command a nuclear carrier in the navy, Capt. Rachel Garrett. ;)

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Please tell me there won't be a time warp involved. The possibility of time warps would confuse my nation's accountants so badly.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

No... No there isn't.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Ok. They are bankrupt. What next?
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I'm hoping to post some more on Corona's domestic politics soon. I'm just waiting for someone else to post so I can avoid double posting.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Steve wrote:No... No there isn't.
Will a console explode in her face?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Steve wrote:BTW, anyone want the world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier to pay a port call during her final year's world cruise? Enterprise CVN-34 will be making a world tour in 2015 before her decommissioning in 2016 to make way for Enterprise CVN-45.
Sure!
Steve wrote:
Shinn Langley Soryu wrote:Fuso would definitely be interested in hosting the Enterprise during its final voyage. I suppose it would also be a good tme to hold naval exercises with the Cascadian Navy while Enterprise is in town.
That would be in one game year. We could say we have annual naval exercises perhaps. The CVBG on deployment in the northwest Pacific would attend them.

Although Hawaii might host multinational RIMPAC-style exercises that we'd all participate in too.
I currently have RIMPAC scheduled for even years in early May, as that is the only time of year when there isn't a tropical cyclone season in the Pacific.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Steve wrote:BTW, anyone want the world's first nuclear powered aircraft carrier to pay a port call during her final year's world cruise? Enterprise CVN-34 will be making a world tour in 2015 before her decommissioning in 2016 to make way for Enterprise CVN-45.

San Dorado is already confirmed as one stopover.
I'd probably welcome a visit to Corona. If its going to San Dorado, its just a short trip south to Corona.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

So Hawaii, Fuso, possibly Umeria, possibly Champa, San Dorado, Corona, and Orion so far. Don't think I missed anyone?

I'd be shocked (and a mite offended :P) if Rheinland doesn't propose a visit too.

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Steve wrote:So Hawaii, Fuso, possibly Umeria, possibly Champa, San Dorado, Corona, and Orion so far. Don't think I missed anyone?

I'd be shocked (and a mite offended :P) if Rheinland doesn't propose a visit too.
You could drop by...
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

You'd all Cadie Capitalist Imperialist Pigdogs to visit with their weapon of imperialist oppression? :P

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Steve wrote:You'd all Cadie Capitalist Imperialist Pigdogs to visit with their weapon of imperialist oppression? :P
Well, you could visit one of the Closed Cities for our military people to come pay a visit. :P
Kreia
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Decided to get in on the referencing fictional characters. Introducing Agent Phil Coulson of Coronan intelligence. :)