SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

RogueIce wrote:Since you're in an agreeable mood, can I borrow that blackhole generator for a couple days? There's a certain out-of-the-way planet that needs to disappear.
Having those perfidious albinos permanently caught in the crossfire of a Bragulan-Imperium territorial dispute is already a good enough punishment for them. The black hole generator would just end their suffering far too soon.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

I can hardly wait until the Karlack start to deploy BANELINGS against their enemies. :twisted:
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I know France's chief operative.

JEAN CLAUDE VAN-GUILE!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

KlavoHunter wrote:I can hardly wait until the Karlack start to deploy BANELINGS against their enemies. :twisted:
*grins* We have a much more sinister version of them. :D Speaking of which I really should get around to updating my wiki stuff. Much of it is out of date and some revisions were made in my mind, which I should put there. So things don't become confusing.

Also: Nice post Paul. Fallus Boing. God I miss Shroomanians. :lol:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Man. Fallus Boing. Better than the Falun Gong by any means!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Hey Shep, a question.
which have been created in light of the recent Collector assault on the Coalition Fleet near Pendleton several months ago.
So you're intending this occupation plan to take place when? April? May? When we're still in February ATM? I need to know so I can adjust my headings (or just outright delete the one post, since it presumes a February date).
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Magister Militum
Redshirt

Post by Magister Militum »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I know France's chief operative.

JEAN CLAUDE VAN-GUILE!
Maybe, but I was thinking of a certain French woman that the residents of Omniverse One know of. At least, those who participated in OZ Unlimited, anyways.
"America is impossible to conquer. There are too many gas stations and too many empty coca-cola bottles there." -Gregory Zhukov

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

That finishes the Council of Technarchs posts; for those not interested in going through the whole thing, I also posted a list of gameplay effects.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Either i've not been paying enough attention and more time as passed and it's now 3401 in game, or Zor decided to have a private review ahead of the agreed date. I haven't even asked Grif to let me transit the Pride of Chamarra through to the Commonwealth yet. Also apologies to anyone who was expecting me to do something interesting this past week or more, i've been having a weird lack of inspiration and motivation.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The Nova Atlanteans strike me as the type to stage massive naval reviews for their own benefit whether anyone else in the galaxy knows or cares what they are doing or not...
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Sorry about jumping the gun.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

So...I drop my wife off at work, and go to a gas station to fuel up. Upon leaving, I see this:

GODDAMN BRAGULAN COPYRIGHT INFRINGERS!!!
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

:wtf: :lol:

What the hell? OrGazma!
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

They even managed to misspel the Polish word for "Taurine" :D

So Eastern European! :D

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LMAO.

And Stas, uh, is that robot going to try and look through the remains of ships lost in the Battle at Pendleton (Not the Bannerman Gap) while the fleet is still around to post a guard? Then again, I imagine they have a cloaking system of some sort. :)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I would imagine you'd take the remains of those ships with you, or at least retrieve the corpses of the crewmen and any sensitive technology like computers, ELINT equipment, etc. that might still be aboard. The families back home probably will want to give their relatives a proper burial, and intelligence guys like Mr. Bronson will want to keep sensitive technology and data out of the hands of any trespassers in order to prevent, well, pretty much exactly this from happening...
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

True. It's fair to assume that some bits got left behind for the Communards to pick through, but there won't be a massive treasure trove of advanced equipment and largely intact bodies for the robo-nano-vultures to pick over. Most of what gets left behind will be relatively small pieces (say, from Umerian cutters that took a direct hit from an antiship mass driver round :wink: ) and stuff that the search/rescue/cleanup crews couldn't spot (such as fighters that were disabled while moving at high velocity relative to the fleet and wound up millions of kilometers away by the time anyone had a chance to look for them).

Come to think of it, the Umerian casualties at Bannerman were suffered at a fairly random spot in deep interstellar space; without having been privy to communications during the battle, you'd have an extremely hard time finding it because it's light-months or more from the nearest star system. That goes for the wreck of the Magnolia and for the cutter debris alike, even leaving aside the fact that said debris field is probably expanding and dispersing at a rate of many kilometers per second.

Also, Stas, I hope you don't mind that I had my "AI specializing in general psychology" deduce the existence of the Core. Bear in mind that Umeria has no idea where the Core is, or of any of the details of its operations, but it has at least managed to infer that the Core or something like it exists, just by looking at the effects it's had on Commune policy of late.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

With the amount of casualties suffered, some wreckage could simply never be found: if a fighter was blown up while powering away from Jove, for example, it will simply drift forever on a solar orbit,and since it's completely cold, well...

Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

One might indeed run across the occasional erratically orbiting wreckage of some random fighter that got blowed up but good, but I can't help wondering about the integrity of the onboard systems considering said blowed-upness, much less that of the squishy organic pilot. I've been told that brains and bodies in general don't take very well to being located in the center of a thing that's blowing up.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Siege wrote:One might indeed run across the occasional erratically orbiting wreckage of some random fighter that got blowed up but good, but I can't help wondering about the integrity of the onboard systems considering said blowed-upness, much less that of the squishy organic pilot. I've been told that brains and bodies in general don't take very well to being located in the center of a thing that's blowing up.
It's not out of the question, especially with a glancing hit,like being too close to a nuke, or even pieces of shrapnel killing the pilot. If nBSG can have a random asteroid make the pilot press a button to launch nukes at a Cylon colony, we can have a mostly intact fighter on a high orbit ;)

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Maybe those weren't Anglian ships or Coalition ships, but Pendletonian ones? While nobody actually did warcrimes on them (except the Sheppos), still after they shot at escape pods, I doubt people would care enough to properly dispose of floating Pendletonian corpses or do any proper treatment of Pendletonian space wrecks.

I'd imagine the Coalition might even, possibly, just move the Pendletonian ships away from space lanes to prevent collisions, but otherwise do nothing about the wrecks and just leave them be - a space graveyard, if you will, to serve as an eternal reminder to the Pendletonian populace about the evil of their ways and shit.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

They could train Space Spotlights and Space Magnifying Glasses on the grave yard so it's visible from the planetary surface at night. And then have probes transmit something along the lines of "remember the price of defiance!" to Pendleton 24/7.

It sounds like something Governor Tarkington would be prone to do :D.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Indeed. :wink:

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Posted a summary of the instructions given to Dr. Bowinger as she heads out for the Commune to negotiate a defense agreement. Note that she has plenipotentiary authority and can go beyond these instructions, but will be held accountable by the Council if she does so, so any deal that goes significantly beyond the bounds of the instructions will have to strike her as rather favorable.

Bowinger is fairly tough-minded; in terms of her background one can imagine her being sort of like Condoleeza Rice (no, she does not look like Rice; she just has a similar background of rising mostly through academia and the more security-oriented aspects of the foreign service).

Umeria is offering the Commune a very close relationship potentially: access to all but the most sensitive technical and intelligence information, cooperation on certain intelligence operations, the support of Umerian diplomatic personnel, and so on... in exchange for Commune cooperation in kind. Sort of like the "special relationship" between the US and Britain, but on a more equal, bilateral level, and moderated by the great distance between the two powers.

This is meant in lieu of a conventional military alliance, which Umeria has major misgivings about both on the diplomatic and military fronts- Umeria is poorly placed to support the other prospective members of the alliance, and has considerable misgivings about the Commune getting the rest of the alliance into unnecessary wars.

In general, the Technocracy is not happy with the lack of transparency in the Commune's decision-making progress. Much power within the Commune seems to fall into the hands of bodies whose very existence is a state secret, and that Umeria had to outright guess by intelligence-analysis methods equivalent to those of Moscow-watchers during the Cold War.

The Umerians find this a bit annoying for the same reason they're frustrated with Prussia. In Prussia, they do not feel they can rely on the official representatives of the Prussian government to speak for their nation. In the Commune, they can never be sure whether they've got the measure of the Commune's decision-makers, which creates many of the same problems.

In general, Umeria prefers to deal with nations that have a well-organized government with a definite, concrete structure, and which have representatives who can be relied on to accurately represent their nation's goals, interests, and attitude. They are on good terms with the Commune in spite of its troubles in this area, mostly because they have considerable respect for its accomplishments and value the existing economic and scientific agreements between the two states.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I didn't specify which ship they were scavenging, because yeah - some folks might take care and bury their dead. However, the Pendletonian ships can very well still be there. The drone is just a small autonomous machine. It might alert others to its presence... then again, it's a game. If someone wants to react to the scavenging, he can do it. :)
Simon wrote:Also, Stas, I hope you don't mind that I had my "AI specializing in general psychology" deduce the existence of the Core. Bear in mind that Umeria has no idea where the Core is, or of any of the details of its operations, but it has at least managed to infer that the Core or something like it exists, just by looking at the effects it's had on Commune policy of late.
Obviously not. There's probably a good deal of folks who know that the Core exists. Siege mentioned his CI discussing it, anyway )))
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali