SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Post by Steve »

You could get both and just use Trillian Astra.

http://www.trillian.im/
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Steve wrote:You could get both and just use Trillian Astra.

http://www.trillian.im/
I'll try to see what I can do, then. In the meantime, I'll be planning further things involving Gallia, Belka, and the Haruhiists.

In other news, Shroom would probably enjoy writing about Jane Turner, seeing as she's a whore who makes other whores bleed from their milkbags (and thoroughly enjoys it, too!). :D It'd definitely be nice to have someone else collaborate with me on the Gallian conflict, particularly when the inevitable Belkan intervention comes; it'd certainly get real boring and real frustrating for me if I was the only one keeping it aloft.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

JADE TURDNER! Related somehow to Wild Space trader JACK TURDNER?

Though I haven't a clue about these animu stuffs mang.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I really need to speak with Magister about filling in the other sectors between us. Highly unlikely they're uninhabited, far more likely they contain more single-sector or even single-system states. Probably no bigger than a 2-3 main worlds nation here or there.

I believe Shroom even wants a "Spanish' nation that acts like Switzerland with money laundering and banking laws and stuff. I even referred to it in the post with the Hanson data showing the bad guys using banks on "Iberia", IIRC.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:JADE TURDNER! Related somehow to Wild Space trader JACK TURDNER?

Though I haven't a clue about these animu stuffs mang.
It's a huge galaxy, and the Sovereignty is quite close to Gallia. I figure that Jack's dad probably went all around the K-Zone and its neighboring polities fathering tons of bastard kids, so having Jane/Jade and Jack be related to each other would definitely be plausible.

To be honest, it's actually okay if you don't really know much about these things apart from what you read on Wikipedia and the various Wikia sites. I don't even own a PS3, so I haven't even played Valkyria Chronicles yet! Still hasn't stopped me from co-opting its characters and settings for my use, though. :oops: :lol:

The way I see it is that it's all in how you use the components. It doesn't really matter if you don't know anything about Jane Turner other than that she loves to make whores bleed from their milkbags; once you've plucked her from her home setting, you're free to use her however you please, even if it's just to take inspiration from her to form a new character like Jade Turdner. While having more detailed knowledge about the settings you're taking stuff from certainly helps, just basic knowledge taken from a Wikia should suffice for the purposes of this game. Hell, even fucking TV Tropes could be of some use here, because for all the insanity of the tropers, they do get some things right; they had to have played those games or watched those shows in order to draw their crazy conclusions, after all.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Also, Shinn. Your mercenary aces might one day interact with the Shepistani FIGHTER MAFIA. As in, Shepistani fighter pilots and commanders running a goddamn crime syndicate and racketeering ring from the Shepistani Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program. TOP SHEP. :twisted:

Also, I never watched much of nBSG. Just season 1 I think.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Oh, and Magister, Shroom wants us to have his concept of Espana as a state between Anglia and France, probably an offshoot of the Hispanians before the Empire took them over. Any objections? Sector W-14 would work. Did you have any specific arrangement in mind or does Sector W-12 work for the location of Hispania?

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The N in Espana is the fancy Spanish N. I just can't figure out how to type it without copy-pasting whatever.

Somehow, some way, this Space Spain will also colonize the Feelipeens. Somehow!

ANYWAY. I'd say that the Space French actually annexed/absorbed/ate the real mainland of the Espana Empire of old, and that mainland became the French Hispania. BUT the remaining Espana worlds that were not absorbed managed to continue on, and now as the Estella Real these holdout worlds manage to survive by being politically neutral and STFU-ing because they're jam-packed between the French and Anglians. But culturally, they'll have quite a chip on their shoulder and are, like, proudly clinging to Espanan cultures of old, so even though it's the 3400s you can still see them doing anachronistic things like having bullfights, having their soldiers decked out in power armor that looks like old Conquistadore armor. Their space galleons will also look like something straight out of Treasure Planet, with solar sails on masts - and the more expensive galleons even have wood covering their hulls, as a status symbol.

After all, if the French ate their mainland, and the Anglians ate their other colonies, and even the Feelipeens managed to become independent (after the Espanish-Shepistanimerican War! Of the 2989s!), then my Espana guys have nothing left to call their own except their culture.

So they have a chip on their shoulder, and a superiority complex, and totally think the Anglians and French are all gringos or treacherous perfidious Frenchmen or some craps. They'll also think their culture is the best, and will be very Catholic. The French have their anti-papacy, so they're all going to hell. The Anglians are Anglicans, so they're also going to hell. :P

I wonder if the Espanans also have an Inquisition. Even worse then their Byzantine counterparts!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Siege wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:Seventh order force manipulation is all very well, but there are times when one needs a third-order mind to handle them properly, and I doubt Hank's got one.
Well... He sure didn't become the longest living human in the galaxy by being a slouch in the mental department.
Slouch, surely not. Intrinsically stable at the third level of stress? I beg leave to doubt it.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

If a machine/CI like him that is free of the deprivations of an organic and all the stress related hormones can't handle stress, I will be seriously surprised.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

A toast for the day of birth of our most industrious and fair lesbian-loving moderator! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:If a machine/CI like him that is free of the deprivations of an organic and all the stress related hormones can't handle stress, I will be seriously surprised.
Sigh.

Look, I'm making a reference to the same author "seventh order forces" come from, OK? "Intrinsically stable at the third level of stress" does not merely mean "keeps level head in a crisis."
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

*raises glass*

Happy Birthday Steve! :D
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Posted the Paleohistology of España and the Feelipeens. Any factual and chronological inaccuracies is due to the fact that it's using Sovereignty-style bullshit history. :P

Yes, I am rewriting real Spanish/Filipino history in space.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Happy birthday to Steve! Happy birthday dear Ste-eve, Happy birthday to Steve!

Now that that's out of the way, I wonder what if any other "Españan" worlds there are in the vicinity. Note that one of the Umerian Core worlds, Bolivar, is culturally South American, but was settled completely independently from the Estella Real, with most of the settlers coming straight from Earth. They lack many of the... interesting customs of the Estella Real.
Magister Militum
Redshirt

Post by Magister Militum »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:ANYWAY. I'd say that the Space French actually annexed/absorbed/ate the real mainland of the Espana Empire of old, and that mainland became the French Hispania. BUT the remaining Espana worlds that were not absorbed managed to continue on, and now as the Estella Real these holdout worlds manage to survive by being politically neutral and STFU-ing because they're jam-packed between the French and Anglians. But culturally, they'll have quite a chip on their shoulder and are, like, proudly clinging to Espanan cultures of old, so even though it's the 3400s you can still see them doing anachronistic things like having bullfights, having their soldiers decked out in power armor that looks like old Conquistadore armor. Their space galleons will also look like something straight out of Treasure Planet, with solar sails on masts - and the more expensive galleons even have wood covering their hulls, as a status symbol.

After all, if the French ate their mainland, and the Anglians ate their other colonies, and even the Feelipeens managed to become independent (after the Espanish-Shepistanimerican War! Of the 2989s!), then my Espana guys have nothing left to call their own except their culture.
I definitely not against this idea. It certainly does answer the question of how Space Spain ended up being my bitch.
"America is impossible to conquer. There are too many gas stations and too many empty coca-cola bottles there." -Gregory Zhukov

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Somehow I KNEW it would come down to Royal Lesbians! I FELT IT... oh wait, it was basically spelled out loud in the previous chapter. Damn. But still! LESBIANS! If the Kar-Brag-Byz-Sov area of space is called the Koprulu Zone, I say we name the patch of space Anglia is in the LESBO ZONE! :lol:

YES
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Though its borders seem to be fairly sharply defined; it doesn't include any stellar power not controlled by Steve, while including all stellar powers that are controlled by Steve. :wink:

Should have another Glowworm update soon.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

No, all his neighbors shall share the same fate as his! Branded with the mark of... THE LESBO ZONE! *cackles*
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

There. It's up. Shroom, you'll like the teaser for the beginning of the next scene...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh you did not! STONEHENGE! :lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Hmm, what to do, what to do...

*thinks of ideas for next post*
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Force Lord wrote:Hmm, what to do, what to do...

Proclaim a crusade... declare a jihad... go on a war for fun...
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Force Lord
Jedi Council Member

Post by Force Lord »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:
Force Lord wrote:Hmm, what to do, what to do...

Proclaim a crusade... declare a jihad... go on a war for fun...
The Centrality is hardly religious. :) Heck, only Umeria and the Commune are probably more atheistic than the Centrality.

As for a war, I don't see any statelets nearby to squish. And I'm not suicidal enough to scuffle with my neighbors since they'll all gang up on me.

EDIT: Which state or organization has the most powerful ESPers? Just a quick question.
An inhabitant from the Island of Cars.
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Force Lord wrote:EDIT: Which state or organization has the most powerful ESPers? Just a quick question.
The Imperial Inquisition, with the God Emperor at its head.

Just that I haven't gotten around to write anything.
Kreia