SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Post by Simon_Jester »

DarthShady wrote:True true...The Imperials have a rather nasty smell to them. :P *ducks Fin's atomics* :D
Well, you have to remember... when was the last time anyone saw Gaunt's Ghosts Jaunt's Jokes bathe?

Even if regular Imperials didn't, troopers like good ol' "Try Again" Kragg will probably have an odor rivaled in distinctiveness only by that most invaluable of Byzantine minor spatharioi, Erik Jorgen!
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Simon_Jester wrote:[Reads Shroomy's latest]

I, for one, like the new one. I hope Fingolfin doesn't mind; it seems pretty fair to me.
Shroom is better at fun and hilarious stories, and he more or less told me what he was doing and I was okay with it.

Nice one Shroom. :lol: As for saving them... hmm... Let's ahve a Titan ride in instead. :wink:
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

This last post was partially inspired by Shroom's posts in the recent Gundam vs BTech thread. Space Jujitsu indeed. Also shroom this was one of the methods that I thought of for taking down civilian ships stealthily. Boarding in hyperspace.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

When did I post in the Gundam vs. BTech thread? Hrm, it was probably to tease FROD. :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh god, Space Power Rangers! :lol: SPACE KARATE CHOP!

Man, imagine a Gundam doing a DROP KICK on an AT-AT! :D
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Ahahahaha, sorry about that mang, its my fault really. I remember you saying something to the extent of "tanks can't do space jujitsu" in testing or some shit (and yes, you used those exact words) and mentioned it in a Real Life conversation with Sorchus, and it kinda took off from there. :D
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

:D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

'Urge to build new super warships rises'
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lord_Of_Change 9
Youngling

Post by Lord_Of_Change 9 »

Steve wrote:LoC9, if you're still around, I'm intending to remove inactive players from the map, and I've also been asked to move you as your presence on the Kryptonian border has been protested as mucking up the background of that player. Given Magister jumping the gun a bit, it's been requested you be moved over to be near or on the French border, permitting interaction. I'll give you a few days to respond before doing so.
I'm still there, but I don't mind your change of my polity.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Lord_Of_Change 9 wrote:
Steve wrote:LoC9, if you're still around, I'm intending to remove inactive players from the map, and I've also been asked to move you as your presence on the Kryptonian border has been protested as mucking up the background of that player. Given Magister jumping the gun a bit, it's been requested you be moved over to be near or on the French border, permitting interaction. I'll give you a few days to respond before doing so.
I'm still there, but I don't mind your change of my polity.
Good, just hadn't seen you in a while. :)
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Hi, Space Prussia! We're your new neighbors!

Also, in light of the identity of this star system I find between our nations, I think I now know what the logical name for my defense pact with the Union State of Four Stars must be:

The Spinward Expanse Allied Treaty Organization.

More on that later.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

More fur funs! Yiff yiff! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:More fur funs! Yiff yiff! :D
*narrows eyes* :wtf:

Anyway, starting Pendleton wrapup.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Wrapping it up is nice, Steves. I still say religious cataclysm is the way to go for the Pendletonians. Don't tell them that the Shepistanis are gone! :D

Hah, Shepistani nuking could've had the same effect to them as Hiroshima and Nagasaki! Who could've expected the Japanese to surrender and NOT engage in a protracted super-grueling guerrilla war that was expected of them. Yeah.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I want to float something by everyone. I know some of you are working on storylines still, but I'd also like to see about bringing time ahead by a bit very soon, get us on track to make actual progression "in-universe', so to speak. So I was contemplating that we spend the rest of the month bringing storylines to a finish or to a point for a "time jump", then we begin having material set in April of 3400 and go from there.

Any objections to this?

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Steve wrote:I want to float something by everyone. I know some of you are working on storylines still, but I'd also like to see about bringing time ahead by a bit very soon, get us on track to make actual progression "in-universe', so to speak. So I was contemplating that we spend the rest of the month bringing storylines to a finish or to a point for a "time jump", then we begin having material set in April of 3400 and go from there.

Any objections to this?
Honestly, I have a number of things that I want to set in February, and at least one storyline that I *need* to make a credible start on in mid-February to early March at the latest: the Umerian response to the Commune's proposed alliance.

I would not be opposed to moving relatively quickly through those months (say, at a rate of one week per month, assuming that any negotiations with the Commune are liable to be protracted) and "fast-forwarding" to April. But since my response to April and later events is likely to depend on the outcome (or lack thereof) of those negotiations, I would find myself in a tricky position if I don't have at least some time to work them out.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Hence why we wouldn't actually begin April stuff until next month.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I'd like more than ten days to cover the next two months, is what I'm getting at. I might be able to finish it all if I type like a madman, but I'd like two weeks rather than one and a half.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Simon_Jester wrote:I'd like more than ten days to cover the next two months, is what I'm getting at. I might be able to finish it all if I type like a madman, but I'd like two weeks rather than one and a half.
Well, you could still finish things up after the 1st, you know. I was thinking of the 1st of September being the day people can start posting in April timeframe but people finishing up February-March storylines can do so in the following week after the 1st. But I'm not adverse to September 4th being the jump-ahead day.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Well, we should get some others to chime in; does anyone else have anything planned for the next few months that they might need a bit more time to finish?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Simon_Jester wrote:Well, we should get some others to chime in; does anyone else have anything planned for the next few months that they might need a bit more time to finish?
Yeah, I was kind of anticipating more input from others before finalizing anything. :)

Magister Militum
Redshirt

Post by Magister Militum »

Hrm, I think I can cover the necessary things. The only thing that has to be done before the time jump is the funeral for Jean-Baptiste, albeit at the probable expense of some other things.
"America is impossible to conquer. There are too many gas stations and too many empty coca-cola bottles there." -Gregory Zhukov

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Magister Militum wrote:Hrm, I think I can cover the necessary things. The only thing that has to be done before the time jump is the funeral for Jean-Baptiste, albeit at the probable expense of some other things.
Well, it'd be 2 weeks before we did the jump, and even after someone first posted an April bit we could still have backposts.

I'm just trying to think of how to get some time progression going in the setting, really.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Oh, it's a good idea.

It's mostly just a question of details, and (on the players' part) of making sure they write storylines with some stretch in them- either so they can do things like stretch out negotiations into April, or so they can have plotlines that don't have major galactic consequences until April so that they'll be able to backfill later.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Simon_Jester wrote:Oh, it's a good idea.

It's mostly just a question of details, and (on the players' part) of making sure they write storylines with some stretch in them- either so they can do things like stretch out negotiations into April, or so they can have plotlines that don't have major galactic consequences until April so that they'll be able to backfill later.
Or, alternatively, that everything they want to do in February and March is done by, oh, September 4th? :P