SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDN Worlds 4 Commentary Thread II

Post by Simon_Jester »

Pretty good, Magister. But could you scale down that image?
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Magister Militum
Redshirt

Post by Magister Militum »

Yeah, let me see what I can do.
"America is impossible to conquer. There are too many gas stations and too many empty coca-cola bottles there." -Gregory Zhukov

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Silly unevolved Monoforms. Upgrade to Posthumanity and (with enough money) you can be both, having a furry body and one designed to replicate the human form.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2010-08-16 08:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

It seems you guys have been having a lot of fun. :D Sorry for not being around much, RL problems and stuff. The Swarm will make some moves soon.

A question for everybody that got their assess kicked by the Collectors...What will be your reaction? So far you guys haven't done anything...which is not what I expected.
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

DarthShady wrote:It seems you guys have been having a lot of fun. :D Sorry for not being around much, RL problems and stuff. The Swarm will make some moves soon.

A question for everybody that got their assess kicked by the Collectors...What will be your reaction? So far you guys haven't done anything...which is not what I expected.
Well I'll have a response once the battle reports get out for my military to analyze (if we can get them).
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Wilkens: Go shoot up some Orks!
The only problem is that would cause problems with 1/3rd of my native populace...which is Orcish (with a C not a K). I'm playing Arda mixed with displaced Earth Humans which means I have a significant Orc, Goblin, Troll, and Warg populace to keep content.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Agent Sorchus
Jedi Master

Post by Agent Sorchus »

CmdrWilkens wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Wilkens: Go shoot up some Orks!
The only problem is that would cause problems with 1/3rd of my native populace...which is Orcish (with a C not a K). I'm playing Arda mixed with displaced Earth Humans which means I have a significant Orc, Goblin, Troll, and Warg populace to keep content.
Then Wilkens write up a piece that compares and contrasts Orc and Ork society.
the engines cannae take any more cap'n
warp 9 to shroomland ~Dalton
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Zor wrote:Silly unevolved Monoforms. Upgrade to Posthumanity and (with enough money) you can be both, having a furry body and one designed to replicate the human form.

Zor
Do you think furry freaks could spare afford designer brand humano-organoid bodies? You'd have to be in a socio-economic class that could afford something like, two automobiles or a swimming pool or a second house. And either way, I don't think they'd want to return to human form, anyway. (It already cost enough for them to immigrate to non-human societies) :P
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Ryan Thunder wrote:
DarthShady wrote:It seems you guys have been having a lot of fun. :D Sorry for not being around much, RL problems and stuff. The Swarm will make some moves soon.

Well I'll have a response once the battle reports get out for my military to analyze (if we can get them).
Ditto, even though my guys aren't there. There are several issues about Pendleton and Bannerman that will trigger strategic rethinking.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

http://worldsofsdn.wikia.com/wiki/Non-A ... s_Personae

A new page for our "non-aligned" characters like rogues, smugglers, pirates, mercenaries, wanderers, etc. Due to the new character introduced in the Hanson Storyline Update.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

LoC9, if you're still around, I'm intending to remove inactive players from the map, and I've also been asked to move you as your presence on the Kryptonian border has been protested as mucking up the background of that player. Given Magister jumping the gun a bit, it's been requested you be moved over to be near or on the French border, permitting interaction. I'll give you a few days to respond before doing so.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Steve wrote:http://worldsofsdn.wikia.com/wiki/Non-A ... s_Personae

A new page for our "non-aligned" characters like rogues, smugglers, pirates, mercenaries, wanderers, etc. Due to the new character introduced in the Hanson Storyline Update.
I believe the Badlands would be riddled with Amplitur holdouts and the N'sss.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Steve wrote:LoC9, if you're still around, I'm intending to remove inactive players from the map, and I've also been asked to move you as your presence on the Kryptonian border has been protested as mucking up the background of that player. Given Magister jumping the gun a bit, it's been requested you be moved over to be near or on the French border, permitting interaction. I'll give you a few days to respond before doing so.

I did get a PM response back, and he agreed to move from the border.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Lonestar wrote:
Steve wrote:http://worldsofsdn.wikia.com/wiki/Non-A ... s_Personae

I believe the Badlands would be riddled with Amplitur holdouts and the N'sss.
Your part, say Y2 down through Y4 and maybe into Y5, definitely. My part is more humans and orks, with a number of ork worlds acting as bases of operations for smuggling and large scale piracy in W5 and Y5.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I've gotten ahold of Kuroji on AIM. Apparently real life clubbed him in the head, much the same way adventure likes to meet poor Rincewind... but that's enough Pratchett references for now. Anyway, I've slipped the Regency over one column and Prussia now fits between it, Umeria, Altacar, and France.

Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Looks OK.

So, to be clear, I figure there's a corridor of neutral territory between sectors T10 and S11, separating Regency and Prussian space, and allowing me- and, by extension the powers to coreward ("north" of me)- a path to rimward ("south") through international space. Fair enough?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Simon_Jester wrote:Looks OK.

So, to be clear, I figure there's a corridor of neutral territory between sectors T10 and S11, separating Regency and Prussian space, and allowing me- and, by extension the powers to coreward ("north" of me)- a path to rimward ("south") through international space. Fair enough?
Why I arranged things that way.

KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Oh dear lord no.... Bragulanized humans in fursuits!
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

[Reads Shroomy's latest]

I, for one, like the new one. I hope Fingolfin doesn't mind; it seems pretty fair to me.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I hope Fin has Astartes saving their asses. These guys can be our version of 40k's Gaunt's Ghosts. We can call them... Jaunt's Jokes! :lol:

Aside from Gaunt's Ghosts, it also has this reference. :mrgreen:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

[Looks at reference]

So... does this mean that Commissar Jaunt is actually a Collector agent?
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I hope Fin has Astartes saving their asses. These guys can be our version of 40k's Gaunt's Ghosts. We can call them... Jaunt's Jokes! :lol:

Aside from Gaunt's Ghosts, it also has this reference. :mrgreen:
One would be greatly mistaken to assume that The Swarm does not have things that can go toe to toe with the kind of firepower that Fin has brought to bear. The battle for Janus is far from over.

BTW I like where this is going, just keep in mind, the Karlacks can spot you in more than one way, smell alone is not that reliable. :D Janus will get quite a few interesting developments. Me and Fin are working on it, although I have to admit he is doing most of the work(As I have been very busy.), but another part should be up soon.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'm sure you have ultrabiotitanlisks and stuff. I had the Karlacks spot them through smell since they were using camouflage systems to stay out of sight, though no matter how hard you cloak, if you stink then I'm sure Karlack gauntlinglisks can sniff you out. :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I'm sure you have ultrabiotitanlisks and stuff. I had the Karlacks spot them through smell since they were using camouflage systems to stay out of sight, though no matter how hard you cloak, if you stink then I'm sure Karlack gauntlinglisks can sniff you out. :D
True true...The Imperials have a rather nasty smell to them. :P *ducks Fin's atomics* :D