SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Second

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Second

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Imperial Chronicles

"So gentlemen, what next? We have the following options next to take for our hypersonic missile program," said the Chief Research Scientist from the Hypersonics Division in the Defence Science Institute.

"On the cards are these few concepts that were proposed some years back: A hypersonic missile that will be capable of MACH 6 with range of up to 600km. The missile could be scaled down so that they could be carried by our F-15s and possibly our Eurofighter Typhoon Tranche IVs, which have a strengthened airframe. That will take a while to achieve since the fastest we have designed together with our CSR counterparts is the Mach 4 Meteorite missiles.

"The next idea is to take the Klub missile a few steps further. We have been working on a missile with the same flight characteristics as the Klub anti-ship, but with slightly more range (near 600km), a tandem warhead the same size as the Kornet's, stealthy characteristics, a radar seeker, and a home-on-jam capability. Essentially, we will launch hundreds of these missiles, and home in on the enemy ship radar, or where it was prior to it being shut off. One may ask, why? Simple, the idea is the debilitate the enemy ship's ability to defend itself...."

"We will need a new launcher, I take it."

"Progress on the new universal launcher, that can accept P-750 Meteorite, Kh-101 and other missiles is nearing completion. The launcher will be deployed on our new cruisers."

"Cruisers now? Heh... I thought they were never going to admit it."

"Not in the open of course."
Last edited by Fingolfin_Noldor on 2008-11-05 11:07am, edited 1 time in total.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

PeZookia, the Tri-Cities Metropolitan Area

It was an amazing sight, as the massive LHD slowly eased alongside the civilian pier. It was richly decorated with red-and-white ribbons, and the its crew 'manned the rails' in a ceremonial display. After nearly two months in quarantine, moored far offshore, the Sebastian III Wielki was coming home.

On the flight deck, sixty PeZookians stood by the railing, obviously overjoyed. Forty five of them were students abducted from PeZookia nearly a year ago and others, found later during slave screening. Fifteen were liaison officers who assisted the Astarians during the investigation.

It was a beautiful day, too: the sun was shining bright upon the spires of Old Town churches, and glinting off steel-and-glass skyscrapers.

Then there were the gigantic crowds gathered at the pier.

"My God, it's so good to be home...", Amanda said to no one in particular. She was leaning on a railing, high up on the ship's island, and just starting at the city's skyline, stretching as far as the eye could see.

"You said it...I need a vacation real bad.", Sebastian responded - to Amanda's surprise, since she thought she was alone. She looked behind her shoulder and smiled.

"Really? Why, I was thinking the exact same thing..."

Sebastian scratched the back of his head. He wasn't sure if he got the signal right...

Oh, what the hell, he thought.

"How about we go together?", he shot off quickly

"Only if you like Canissia"

Sebastian smiled and leaned on the railing besides her. At the pier, the band started playing the PeZookian hymn, while sailors tossed mooring lines and secured the ship. They watched it for a while, enjoying the sun. Then a sailor found them.

"Sir, madam...the captain wants you downstairs. You and the others will be disembarking first."

"We'll be there in a minute.", Amanda answered him. The sailor nodded and disappeared back inside. She then eyed Sebastian critically.

"So...ready to make the headlines?"

"I'll probably never will be. Ladies first.", he said and held the hatch for her.

Ten minutes later, to the sound of roaring music and cheering crowds, the PeZookians finally returned home.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Shroomanian Stories
Cancun Conference
PREVIOUSLY on Shroomanian Stories wrote:"Long time no see...Alison", the King nodded towards the Prime Ministerial aide after approaching the delegation, "Hey...is that milk?", he asked turning back towards Shroom.

"Uh...Yeah."

Shroom tried to look at Alison without twisting his head.

Does she know? Ohmygod, does she know?

"Yeah. Milk. Totally normal milk."

"Ah, ok. You know, there is a funny story related to milk...you see, in a report from our Astarian liaisons, I've read about this one milk brand they had over there..."
Shroom's eyes went wide and he knew, then and there, that he had to stop Paul from revealing - whether it be inadvertently or not - his filthy secret. He had to. He had to lie, fill them with deceit and treachery. He had to do so to hide the truth, to bury it in his bosom away from their sight. He'd hide it even if his bosom bled blood, for the blood would only further conceal the wretched truth.

Besides, what the hell was he doing drinking milk when everyone else was eating fancy finger food or drinking cocktails?

"YES! I've heard that too, Paul. Those whacky, crazy, insane, slave-owning goddamn Astarians! Haha!" the Prime Minister exclaimed. "The milk was called... well, I don't remember the brand, but it came from breasts. Breasts that bled. Bled blood. Blood from the milkbags. Of cows."

The Prime Minister raised his glass and smiled, and then downed all the milk with one gulp.

"See... the Astarians, before they went extinct and all, they had a food shortage. Actually, a meat shortage. So they had to kill their cows. But as they killed their cows, they milked every last ounce of... milk from their cows. So while their cows were being butchered, at the same time they stuck milk-extraction machines on their breasts... I mean, their udders. So as the cows were all cut to pieces and turned to processed meat, the machines still kept on sucking cow's milk out of their teats... and it turns out, all the milk got contaminated by the spilled blood!

"Man, those whacky, crazy, insane, slave-owning goddamn Astarians! Haha! What'll they think of next... if they all didn't die," at this jovial jest, the Prime Minister began laughing. At first, it started with the snickering... but then it graduated into chuckles and then full blown laughter, and then Shroom was in all-out hysterics. He composed himself... eventually.

"Speaking of which," Shroom used his masterful skills to obviously change topic. "Don't you think the conference should also discuss what's to be done to those regions already affected by biological weapons? The Crimsons and the Shinrans and the Wilkins have all the treaty stuff covered, but what we really should be doing is helping those people who're still sprouting boils and leprosy sores and genital herpes as a direct result of the Pathogen War."

"Yeah... these treaties are all good, but we're still having trouble sorting out exactly how we're going to enforce them through means other than Angry Letters and sanctions. If some nations don't cooperate, we might not be able to do anything about that. But for those people in Shepland and Astaria, there's actually something we can do about their plight," King Paul agreed enthusiastically.

Phew. I'm intelligent. Shroom thought. With his brain.

"I'm glad we're on the same page in this thing, Paul. Maybe we can use the FUN to do a lot of good... after all, that was what we were trying to do with Astaria before that fucker, Shep, killed everyone."

"Indeed," Paul agreed again. And then, he continued: "By the way, the Astarian milk brand I was talking about was called Sweet Meadows, if I remember correctly. And, no, it wasn't blood-tainted cow's milk. It was actually breastmilk, squeezed out of the bosoms of Astarian slave girls."

I think I've just developed lactose intolerance. Shroom thought as he felt something profoundly wrong happen inside his bowels.

"Those whacky, crazy, insane, slave-owning Astarians!" he laughed disarmingly. "Man, what'll they think of next..."

"If they weren't all dead," Paul added. "Anyway, Shroom, with the recent economic crises and all, PeZookia might have to cut down on its military investments... including the Yer Moms, and..."

As the two heads of state discussed these things, Alison gave her Prime Minister a very curious look.

He had forgotten to wipe the milk moustache off his face.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

1. Each signatory nation agrees to ban the development, use, production, stockpiling, and testing of bacteriological, viral, and fungal based weapons.
  2. Each signatory nation agrees to the creation of an international inspection agency which shall be responsible for overseeing the destruction of existing stockpiles and the review of any possible hidden stockpiles.
  3. Each signatory nation agrees to grant right of entry and free travel to accredited members of this agency to allow inspections of existing, purported, or potential biological weapons development, production, stockpile, or test sites. Upon request by the host nation the agency must provide twelve hours notice of intent.
  4. Said agency to be composed of at least one member from each signatory nation with each nation holding a single vote on any agency decisions. Members of the agency are granted, by all signatory nations, diplomatic immunity when in service of the agency within the bordes of nations not their own.
  5. Each signatory nation shall receive full information regarding the actions on the agency in a report by the duly elected chairman of the agency (by majority vote of the member delegations with each nation having a single vote) on a monthly basis unless requested more frequently by at least three signatory nations.
  6. Each signatory nation agrees to hand over to the agency a sample of all vaccinations developed against existing biological weapons agents. In turn the agency will publish to each signatory nation a complete listing of all known vaccine's and shall, on a quarterly basis, issue to all signatory nations an update in regards to stockpiles of vaccines maintained by the agency.
  7. !NEW! Each signatory nation remains free to prusue defensive research into biological agents under supervision of the oversight agency. All results of such research to be published quarterly in concurrence with the agency's updated status report on vaccination and defensive agent stockpiles. Oversight of such research shall not be subject to the 12 hour proviso for inspection included in section #3
  8. !NEW! The agency itself may, at the direction of a super majority [2/3rds concurring] undertake its own research subject to the same provisos as for any member nation.
  9. Each signatory agency agrees to committ to funding the agency on a basis determined by a rolling average of the last four years GDP of that nation. That is funding proportionally shall be equal to each country's share of the combined GDP of all signatory nations. The agency shall submit three months prior to the next fiscal year a budget for review by all member nations, this budget must be approved by a super majority [2/3rds concurring] of the member delegations to the agency.
Gentlemen and Ladies we have been presented with one additional provision from King Paul and one additional provision from Wilkonia. I would request that if there are objections they may be offered otherwise I would like to offer a 24 hour recess for the delegates to consult with their staff and return for a vote on the matter after that point.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Biological Weapons Conference
Cancun, Wilkonia

Recess

What the hell set him off like that?, was the annoying thought nagging at Paul's mind when he discussed military funding matters with Shroom.

"Yeah, the Yer Moms are a problem...the hulls are already started...I was wondering if we could get them on credit, and pay up in full later once we're done with procuring the Meteor and Buzzkill missiles? This way we won't have to scrap them or pause production..."

Paul suddendly noticed Shroom seemed to have...locked up. And he still had the milk moustache.

"Shroom? Hello?"

And what the fuck is it about bleeding breasts?

Conference hall, half an hour later

"PeZookia has no objections to the proposed changes."

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Biological Weapons Conference
Cancun, Wilkonia

"The Duchy has no objections to the modifications proposed by the honorable representative from Wilkonia and His Majesty King Paul."
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Each signatory nation agrees to ban the development, use, production, stockpiling, and testing of bacteriological, viral, and fungal based weapons.

The Old Dominion will not agree to this. Testing and development is needed to develop defenses in the likely event other nations are lying about their own weapons programs.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

"I'd like to respectfully remind the honorable lord Wythe that article 7 of the proposed revision of the treaty guarantees the right of all signatories to pursue defensive research into weaponized pathogens, provided they do so under supervision from the inspection agency."

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

PeZook wrote:"I'd like to respectfully remind the honorable lord Wythe that article 7 of the proposed revision of the treaty guarantees the right of all signatories to pursue defensive research into weaponized pathogens, provided they do so under supervision from the inspection agency."

"So noted. The Climate here is disagreeable with one who has old bones such as myself."
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

"The Corporate Republic of San Dorado has no objections to the proposed modifications. Let's get this puppy signed!"
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

King Brandon, so far completely unnoticed at the conference, said, "The Vineya...uh, Commonwealth agrees to the revised terms of the Treaty."
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Biological Weapons Ban Conference
Cancun, Wilkonia

"The Duchy of Langley has no objections to these amendments," Marquess Schneizel spoke on behalf of his impulsive brother.
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

- We are ready to fully accept the current incarnation of the Accords, - spoke Gromyko.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

"The Old Dominion will sign this treaty, and abide by it, pending ratification by the House of Burgesses."
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

"The Byzantine Empire does not see any objections to the treaty, and will sign it," Basilleus said.
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

International Channals

His majesty, King Leighton-I of the United Kingdom of Zoria approves of these conditions, as does some 68 precent of Parliament.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

BioWeapons Limitation Conference
Cancun, Wilkonia

Today, as sovreign of the host nation, Kind Andreneas II announced that the nations attending had reached an initial accord to begin a reduction and hoped for elimination of Biologically based weaponry from the world's arsenal. Following spoksmen indicated that the treaty was agreed upon relatively rapidly due to the lingering dread worldwide after the mass pandemics that were unleash upon Astaria and Sehpistan.

"This conference would not have been called nor woudl it have achieved these end without those terrible visions so fresh in the world's mind" was the analysis from the Foreign Secretary Lady Janet Wellingsby. "The nations which arrived here know the terrible and frightening power of these weapons and how apt they are to spread far beyond the intended target."

Several sources have indicated that the principal debate was over whether and how to allow for continued research into defesnive vaccinations like the Cascadian "Cure." Several days of negotiations granted expanded authority to signatories to continue research subject to the oversight of a new international agency. While the exact details of funding composition or even when it mgiht begin operating have not yet been hammered out, sources indicate that this process will be resolved by low level technical negotiations within the framework of the trety itself rather than asa sperate treaty conference, the new oversight agency has been granted broad authority to review each nation's bio-weapons programs to confirm their destruction to the rest of the signatories. With member delegations currently being selected there is, as yet, no announcement as to which nation shall have the first chair of the new agency but several observes have indicated that either Langely or Canissia appear early frontrunners with the CSR and OD running just behind.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Old Continent Economic Summit (OCES) begins

Representatives from Cannissia, USSR, PeZookia, Shroomania and CSR arrived in Constantinople today to begin the Old Continent Economic Summit (OCES). The objective of the meeting is to discuss common border controls to ensure that a smooth flow of goods and people throughout the continent in the aftermath of the biowarfare attacks, and also to discuss possible economic stimulation measures.

===========================================================================================

Imperial Chronicles

The Exarch Decius took the stage while the Emperor and the finance minister sat behind. "Gentlemen, thank you all for coming for the Old Continent Economic Summit. We are all here today to discuss matters of mutual interest, namely the swift reopening of borders to internal trade within the Old Continent, and to stimulate the continent's economy. The biowarfare attacks have damaged our economies in the short term, though our forecasts indicate that our economic fundamentals as a whole are strong. We have distributed documents pertaining to the matters to be discussed in this meeting.

On the proposals:

1. An agreement to ensure common and compulsory medical certifications for all citizens passing through our borders. We believe that the best way to ensure that only healthy persons are allowed to cross the border is that everyone recognises a fixed set of medical examination standards. We propose that everyone certified free of all ailments listed in Annex 1A should be given a card that indicates that they passed the medical exams administered in their respective countries. Only peoples bearing the card will be allowed to do cross-border travel. Exceptions can be made in special cases, such as cross-border medical treatment. We will leave it to the discretion of countries to administer these exceptions.

2. An agreement to ensure that all goods crossing the border are certified free of all biological agents listed in Annex 1B. This is a form of export control to ensure that biological agents do not spread beyond a country's borders.

3. An agreement to temporary lower tarrifs for a year to restimulate trade between countries, or possibly to remove tarrifs altogether and allow for a free trade agreement.

4. An agreement to adopt common customs standards to improve the efficiency of customs processing and to allow for briskier trade.

5. An agreement that each country would do its part to restimulate their respective economies so that our economies will be back on track again.

Should any country wish to add or modify these proposals, you may come forward to state your objections or proposals. Thank you.
Kreia
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Silver Streak

University of San Dorado and La Palma – Central Aerospace Research Division

"Good morning Mr. President, it's great to have you here once more. Oh, and congratulations on the treaty." Dr. Harald Jensen paced quickly through the halls of CARD, the university's transatmospheric research division. Beside him paced Dr. Prof. Sheila Bell, consultant for Ralson Aerospace, and after them came President Hank and two men of the Presidential Security Service.

"Thank you", the President muttered flatly, still having not fully recuperated from the plane flight back from Wilkonia.

The group was let through another security checkpoint. It was the third so far: the university, Ralson Aerospace and the government of San Dorado weren't taking any chances with this particular project. Too much money was riding on it for anything to go wrong.

Finally, they came to an underground hall that had previously been used to house the university's supercomputer. Two more guards swung open the door after seeing who was visiting, to finally reveal what lay within:

"The prototype isn't finished yet, of course", Prof. Bell hurried to say. "Right now it's pretty much a reinforced shell and the beginnings of a rocket motor. All the electronics are still to be done."

"Frankly, I don't really care", the President beamed. "That", he pointed at the space plane in front of him, "is fantastic."

"We've been working on it for the past two years", Jensen said. "Had to come up with a whole new superalloy just for the thing to survive the stress of re-entry too... Well, you've read the reports I'm sure."

"I have" Sidney Hank nodded. "But still, to see it come together like this... It's quite a rush."

"We think so too", beamed Bell. "Pretty much all we need now is the data from the next few ASSETs..."

"... and for the Lucrelance II to work impeccably..." interrupted Jensen.

"... and then we'll be ready for our first test launch", finished Bell. "That'll be sometime mid-2011 we think."

"Have we settled on a name yet?" the President asked.

"We have", Jensen nodded. "Silver Streak."

"Sweet", President Hank threw another look at the prototype in front of him. "Once again, I have to compliment you and your teams for their fantastic work. Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll have to place a call to Shroomania. I bet they'll want to know about this."

Result: In secrecy, San Dorado's space plane project is picking up steam.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shinra Republic signs Biological Weapons Convention, Enters "Open Borders" Agreement with PeZookia

The Office of the President of the Shinra Republic has announced today the formal signing of the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological, Viral and Fungal (Biological) Weapons and on Their Destruction, more simply known as the Biological Weapons Convention. In addition, the Senate has been directed to begin planning for the Republic's funding and personnel requirements towards the treaty-created Bioweapons International Oversight Committee (BIOCOM).

The President's Office has also announced an "Open Borders" Agreement with the Constitutional Republic of PeZookia, similar to that which presently exists between the Royal People's Republic of Canissia and PeZookia. Details of the agreement are reportedly being discussed by both governments "at the highest levels" and a formal framework is expected to be presented soon.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Virginia Times-dispatch
Old Dominion Signs Bio-weapons ban, awaits legislative approval.
Lord Wythe, acting for the Lord Fairfax, signed the proposed international comprehensive biological weapons ban treaty yesterday. The ratification is expected to be extremely hard fought in the House of Burgesses…[More]

Major science and space programs unlikely to be cut, says OARPA
Even facing a severe economic emergency will not be enough to cause significant cuts in joint-MESS space and science programs. Indeed, there are reports that there is another Conrad I rocket at the MSA facility preparing for a Wilkonian satellite launch, as well as rocket for the second unmanned flight for the Dyna-soar. Plans for a super-heavy launcher are moving ahead.

In addition, work continues on the Superconducting Super Collidier(SSC) in Tian Xia….More
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Constantinople Times

Research funding will not be cut. Major Projects to continue

Research funding received a cut last year, but the government indicated that it is willing to maintain its current level of spending, allocating hundreds of research grants this year alone. The construction of the Superconducting Linear Collider (SLC) continues, as does the Fusion reactor project in Commune-1.

Military research budget will not be cut. Slow down in procurement time instead.

The military research budget will not be cut, but rather, procurement of new equipment and vehicles will be slowed down. It is rumoured that a joint CSR-Byzantium project involving a space plane progresses, and that the military is soon to announce with finality a comprehensive upgrade program for the armoured vehicles soon.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Orena Evening News

Bioweapons convention ratified

The Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological, Viral and Fungal (Biological) Weapons and on Their Destruction has been presented before Parliament today,and has been unanimously ratified. Hence, PeZookia has officially become party of the Convention, and will forego the creation of any bioweapon arsenals of its own.

Mercury 2d ready for launch

In a special communique, FASTA Director of Operations Damian Kaklamanis announced the first FASTA launch since the Pathogen Wars is ready. The Atlas-Sputnik launch vehicle has been rolled out to the launch pad, and weather forecasts are looking good for the next weeks.

PeZookia sends delegates to OECS talks

A formal delegation composed of the Prime Minister and several Finance Ministry officials has boarded the plane to Constantinopole this morning. Official statements indicate that PeZookia will support Byzantine initiatives for reinvigorating trade on the Continent, including abolition of tarrifs on all goods except tobacco, alcohol, cars and luxury food.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

LIVE on ShroomStratTV
The Sovereign Shroomanian Sentinel
MIGRATING MELCHETT

Lord-Minister Melchett McMeistervater of the Ministry of Shroomanian Homeland Affairs in Foreign Territories (SHAFT) prepares to embark to the Constantinople Old Continent Economic Summit (OCES), along with Shroomania's Minister of Finance George Gobblesgood.

Lord-Minister Melchett McMeistervater and Dr. George Gobblesgood on the way to .
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shinn Langley Soryu
Jedi Council Member

Post by Shinn Langley Soryu »

Ashford Times Headlines in Brief

Congress Ratifies Biowarfare Ban Treaty
Planning started for funding and personnel requirements towards oversight committee

Royal Family Apologizes to Lord Wythe of the Old Dominion
OD envoy berated by Duke Lelouch at bioweapons ban conference earlier

KyoAvi Experiences Delays in Militarized ERJ 145 Development
AEW variant to be pushed back; recon, maritime patrol variants to proceed as planned

Armed Forces Procurement, Expansion to be Slowed Down
Military budget will not be cut, however

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE? Y / N
I ship Eino Ilmari Juutilainen x Lydia V. Litvyak.

ImageImageImage
Phantasee: Don't be a dick.
Stofsk: What are you, his mother?
The Yosemite Bear: Obviously, which means that he's grounded, and that she needs to go back to sucking Mr. Coffee's cock.

"d-did... did this thread just turn into Thanas/PeZook slash fiction?" - Ilya Muromets[/size]