SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Second

Create, read, or participate in text-based RPGs

Moderators: Thanas, Steve

Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Re: SDNWorld Redux: Story Thread the Second

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

DarthShady wrote:From: USSR Foreign Ministry[/b]

Comrade, I should let you know that a joint RIS/NOD task force has already been formed and has begun the hunt for those responsible. Have your people contact the NOD Commander(Currently in PeZookia) in charge of the task force so that he may brief your people on the information we have so far. Let us hope that those responsible are found quickly and that their deaths are slow and painful.

Yours truly,
USSR Foreign Minister Zoran Stojkovic
Comrade, the Section Chief Accacia made her way to Orena to assess the situation with the Byzantine military attache. She will contact your NOD Commander and discuss the possible use of Byzantine assets in the Border States to track down these foul traitors and have them executed.

Yours truly,
Byzantine Exarch Decius.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Dominion Defense

2nd and 3rd EFV prototypes delivered to War Ministry
The second and third Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle(EFV) prototypes have been delivered to the ODMC. The vehicles are in addition to the 11 year old prototype built by Chesapeake Arms during a company-funded replacement proposal in the '90s.

The recent conflicts have shown just how antiquated the existing ODMC AAVs are, and a replacement is needed in the near term. The two new prototypes have significant sensor and fire control upgrades from the proof-of-concept vehicle from the '90s.

The ODMC plans on procuring approximately 100 such vehicles. Already several other MESS partners have expressed interest in procuring the EFV, ultimate production numbers may reach 800.

New surface combatant for the ODN?
The CNO has confirmed that the ODN is seriously looking into procurement of a new cruiser class derived from the New Horizons program.

The new ships would have marked improvement of capabilities over the existing fleet, which is undergoing a post-war repair and refurbishment.

Earlier this week the keel of the second new FFG was laid at Todd Hatteras Shipyards. The vessel will be named
Rapidan.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SOFIA
Shroomanian Office Foreign Intelligence Agency

SOFIA was coordinating with the other branches of the SSS, including the Signals Surveillance Sector - which had thousands of data analysts at its disposal pouring through recent records of electronic communications 'obtained' from the various networks that intersected the Shroomanian electrosphere. From TonkinTelecoms to ShroomCables and ShroomStrats, the SSS sifted, scoured and scrutinized everything.

It helped that Shroomanian intelligence already had several suspects under close watch. Ever since the mass deportations by the USSR, Border Staters have spread all over - reaching not only places like PeZookia and Canissia, but also the Shroomanian Isles. With these legal and not-so-legal immigrants came the undesirables - former convicts and gang members, radical imams and rabbis, former members of the various regimes' governments, radical groups, and all other forms of scum and shitpieces - and they were watched.

Because the Shroomanian Secret Service loved its shitpieces.

Eventually, something came up...

The data analyst pulled off his earpiece and called his superior.

"Sir... I think I found something. It's a series of emails sent to Orena, from a group of Border State exiles we've been keeping tabs on here in Shroomania. It's dated... just twenty four hours before the attacks."

"Where exactly in Shroomania is this group at, lad?"

"Sir, right here in Farbanti, sir. From their capital to ours."

"Alright, good job. I'll see if we can forward this to our friends at the RIS, see what they can find on their end."

"And what will we be doing, sir?"

"We'll keep our shitpieces on hand - but we won't squeeze too hard, not yet, or they'll just end up slipping away between our fingers and we don't want that. We'll keep these shitpieces right under our noses."

Results:
The SSS has found some communiques from some of Karic's goons, emailing their buddies in Orena. We'll investigate further before taking appropriate action, so these shitpieces won't slip between our fingers.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Orena, PeZookia

Two days after the attacks, intelligence agencies from half the world began oriented themselves towards the new investigation. Byzantine, Shroomanian, Shinra, CSR and USSR assets flooded into PeZookia and began organizing. After four days, a co-ordination comittee began operating, communications were established and an unbelievable amount of intelligence resources became oriented against the perpetrators.

PeZookian police soon delivered the first bit of information.

"Ana Midzic. She's been known to us for quite some time now. A high-profile mercenary, implicit like hell with Karic's government. She's very good, we think she may be a former intelligence officer herself. Last photo we had of her was five years old.", a PeZookian RIS colonel began briefing his international colleagues.

"She was here hours before the attacks. Investigation of several other cases which surfaced around that time also tie her to various criminal groups, mostly related to gun running, bomb making and high-profile corruption. Ladies and gentlemen...she's our first suspect. We need to find her, and we need to find her quickly."

Vulpesia

It was a long train ride from the airport, but it was safer that way. Train stations by nature were not monitored as heavily, and so Ana often used trains as means to slink away unseen.

Ah, Vulpesia, she thought, Neutrality is such a useful thing.

She got off the train near a small, fairy tale village nested in a vallye on the Vulpesian side of the Spine Mountains - a huge mountain chain cutting through the Old Continent, like a spine of some monstrous animal.

The village straddled both sides of the green valley, surrounding a small castle which used to watch over the surrounding area, and now served as a hotel and tourist attraction. Tourists came and went by the thousands to this place, during every time of the year. Ana would spend quite some time here, waiting for commotion to die down in PeZookia before flying to the Caymans.

Smiling to herself, she walked briskly through the quiant old little town. It was time to relax for a while.

===================================================================================================

Calls went out. Thousands of people were meticulously going over monitoring and signals intelligence tapes in search for the slightest hints. Contacts, paid informants and field operatives everywhere began searching for bits and pieces of disjointed information which would later form a semi-clear picture of the situation.

With the amount of resources available for intelligence agencies involved in this investigation, all leads would be checked. The criminal rings in Orena have managed to smell something big going down, and began to jump ship en masse, like rats smelling catastrophe. Even petty crime almost stopped, as word circulated about, telling of police officers angrily searching for anyone they could tie to the assassination attempt - and no pickpocket or street mugger wanted to be tied to that.

Grzegorz Ostaszewski was late leaving Orena, though. He was returning from a "business trip" when the attack hit, and slept through the initial followup. It took him until the fourth day to connect the mysterious woman buying heavy anti material rifles from him to the attacks themselves.

By that time, however, he's already been fingered by informants as the go-to guy where illegal heavy weapons were concerned. Officers knocked down his door as he was packing for his getaway.

After an astonishingly quick five-day investigation, the international task force managed to seize their first suspect.

Farbanti, Shroomania - Hotel Von Schrom

"What?! They are both alive?!", Karic screamed and threw the empty champagne glass as his aide. It shattered against the wall, but the former president of Sjenska wasn't done. He slapped the poor man and continued to scream at the top of his lungs.

"How could they be alive?! You heard the reports! They all said the same thing - DEAD!"

"Yes, sir, however it would seem...", the flunky tried to defend himself

Karic slapped the man again.

"Rotan, you idiot! So you've let me believe, for four days, that the attacks were a success?! I have already started making arrangements, restoring old contacts! How incompetent are you?!"

It was a well-known fact amongst Karic's staff that the man could fly into murderous rage when confronted with bad news. The latest example of that happened in PeZookia, where a mob boss's carelesness which led to PeZookians busting one of the bomb labs was punished by brutally murdering him and his entire family. Despite being an intelligent man, Karic was also prideful. And, occasionally, violent.

This is why Rotan was here because he pulled the shortes out of four straws.

"That insipid little WHORE!", he screamed again after pacing around the hotel suite. He smashed the remaining two champagne glasses and an expensive mirror in the meantime, "She took her outrageous sum of money and disappeared! 'We should split up for security', she said! The bitch decided to screw me over!"

Karic ranted like this for a few minutes, screaming obscenities directed at Ana and cutting a swathe of destruction across the hotel suite. He finally calmed down and looked at Rotan with horrible, bloodshot eyes.

"Find her. Find her and make an example of her! Nobody screws over Srdjan Karic! NOBODY!"

Result: Shroomanians will probably intercept a few more e-mails suggesting Karic is now operating out of the isles.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Stasograd, CSR, 30 days ago

- Comrade Fidel? - Andropovsky followed the man, trying to keep pace. - You have just came over from AFSR! You know nothing about skiing!
- Still! I just love it! - shouted Trosca.

He was one of the few AFSR military servicemen who chose to pledge loyalty to the CSR. Did he feel so because of his beliefs in freedom and equality for all? Fidel did not know. However, he was quickly invited to the CSR, met a lot of PCIA people and was en-route to meet President Stanislav himself.

Palace of the Soviets, 2 hours after that

- Excuse me, Comrade Fidel. But I think you are not allowed in here, - a young PCIA Lieutenant, Ernest Cheburashkin, entered the room. - We are changing library guards, and I'm a little late...

- Excuse me, comrade...

- Che. Just call me Che.

- Well Che, - Fidel's face was changed by fear. - Would you explain this to me? - he put a huge book opened on some page, into the man's face. The writing read "Fidel Castro and Che Guevara".

The security agent backed off.

- This is President Stanislav's library. It is said... - he whispered. - It is said to contain books which speak of things that are beyond our understanding.

- What the hell! Your president isn't some sort of god for Marx's sake...

- Yeah, - Che was anxious. - He isn't. Some however whispered he has come out of a... parallel world. And he utilized some sort of portal to get those books here... some sort of, um... opening or something. The portal was closed after some sort of cataclysm happened to that other world. And the last guy who came into here, who was the guard a year ago or so, he vanished somewhere. The entire PCIA has heard about that. But most think it's some sort of lunatic tale. No one attempted to break in here until now. Stanislav sometimes brings certain people to read in here... but he picks them, specifically...

- In that case we should leave, - Fidel was thinking of something. - There's also his writing here. On the table. Of another world. Other nations and people. This... other world, it was destroyed by weapons of unimaginable power. Stanislav was there, if I were to believe these papers. And it freaks me out. Because there's also a second other world... the one from where a lot of those books come. Modern weapons. Nuclear weapons. Atomic engineering. Modern physics. Similar languages, but different cities. Years. Just what the hell is that? How many worlds has he been to? Is the man I spoke to, even human?!

Che murmured something. He was now reading the book with the photos.

- This is some sort of alternative us, - he looked no less freaked out than Fidel. - Look at the photos.

- So what are we doing now?

The door suddenly creaked. President Stanislav entered the library and found the two people - frightened but not entirely broken down.

- My, my... this is how we treat highly important state duties, Ernest. And Fidel... my hospitality does not mean you can break in places which are off-limits to the people of this world, - he sighed. - I doubt it can be helped now... but then, perhaps you might be useful.

Palace of the Soviets, deep night

- So he specifically targeted us because we looked like those people from otherworld? - Che was making circles around the room. - That's fucking unbelievable. Unbelievable.

- At least we know something, - Fidel smiled. - A man from this world can tap into the knowledge of parallel worlds... if he gets into this Library. And we got this book, - he shook a huge tome that read "Tactical Analysis of Modern Wars", I. Kramnik. - Who knows what we will get in the future, if we won't fail the President.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

Shroomania wasn't the only nation who had signal intelligence assets in the Mediterranean. AEW&CSI Stratellites, 2 of them, over the Atlantic, and various listening stations were located throughout the Empire, and also, co-hosted with SNC allies. Of particular note was the emails intercepted and processed by the signal intelligence division within the Byzantine Intelligence Agency. Speaking to the NOD leader, Section Leader Accacia asked, "Comrade... shall we indulge in some joint special ops, without.. accidentally shooting each other like the last time?"
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:Imperial Chronicles

Shroomania wasn't the only nation who had signal intelligence assets in the Mediterranean. AEW&CSI Stratellites, 2 of them, over the Atlantic, and various listening stations were located throughout the Empire, and also, co-hosted with SNC allies. Of particular note was the emails intercepted and processed by the signal intelligence division within the Byzantine Intelligence Agency. Speaking to the NOD leader, Section Leader Accacia asked, "Comrade... shall we indulge in some joint special ops, without.. accidentally shooting each other like the last time?"
"No accidents this time.", Seth the NOD commander said.

"We must proceed with extreme caution. Should the Premier die...", he paused, "We cannot allow his murderers to escape. For now, we gather information and wait."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

SOFIA
Shroomanian Office Foreign Intelligence Agency

"More emails, sir," the analyst pointed to the telescreen his overseer was hunched over. "Done through disposable accounts, from internet cafes all over the city. Some of the letters are to Orena, to the same address as the last time, while a lot have been sent to Sjenska."

"We've definitely tied our mysterious friend in Farbanti with the Border Staters, haven't we?"

"Yes, our friends in the NOD and the BIA confirm that those addresses in Sjenska belong to members of the late Srdjan Karic's government - and they're planning something big. Whoever our friend in Farbanti is, he's someone important and he's definitely directly involved in the assassination attempt. What are we going to do next, sir?"

"Well, this is our turf - so, by all means, we should haul his ass. But considering what they did to the PeZookians and Shadows... we'll call the RIS and the NOD, bring their people here as soon as possible.

"If we're going to haul this son of a bitch kicking and screaming, then the PeZookians and the Shadows should be the ones dragging him by the ankles. It's only fair."

Results:
The SSS is giving the RIS and the NOD direct involvement in this.
Because this is PeZook's and Shady's story, so I don't want to ruin any of their potential plans.

Anyway, if there will be a collab, for the Shroomanian side, there's agent Jack Easly who's like your typical Tom Clancy techno-thriller protagonist. Roland Risto'll be the more gritty... well, the gritty kicking people in the teeth dude, the thuggish guy.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

Serenity Sentinel

Byzantium-Serenity Joint Research Group Develops NBCRS

Byzantine Heavy Industries and the Blue Sun Corporation have produced a new NBC Reconnaissance System, the M93A1. The vehicle can sample from air, soil, water, and vegetation for immediate hazard analysis. It integrates various known NBC detection systems. Additionally, the engineers of BHI have been able to install simple screening equipment for initial identification of biohazards.
Last edited by Grand Moff Yenchin on 2008-10-16 02:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Raj Ahten
Jedi Council Member

Post by Raj Ahten »

Diplomatic News

Indhopal's Foreign Ministry released a statement saying they would be willing to support the Shinra Republic’s move to join the FTO with observer status. Media analysts say this was likely able to pass because it would be mainly symbolic, and that the FTO wouldn't have to give up any grand secrets or even necessarily include Shinra in their planning processes.

Meanwhile in Sibika.

A lot of people in Sibika were very, very angry with the peace deal that had been arranged between them and Coilerburg. Many of these people thought Sibika had been robbed of victory and that if the war been allowed to continue, Coilerburg would have been crushed.

A new terrorist organization was now on Indhopal's radar, the Sons of Sibika; they were an extreme alliance of Sibika nationalists. They wanted to torpedo the peace treaty, which they saw as an abomination. They also wanted to punish everyone who helped defeat Sibika. At first they were a coalition of hate groups and ultra nationalists. Now they were transforming themselves into a paramilitary force, apparently with some backing from elements inside Sibika's army and intelligence services. So far they had organized fire bombings and assassination of members of FTO based NGO's inside Sibika, as well as having launched a few attacks on FTO border posts.

Indhopal's intelligence agency, the ISIA, classified them as a rising threat. The Son's had stated their intention to "bring the war to the FTO's heart," which likely meant attacks inside FTO member nations. A working group was formed to deal with the group directly, while the aid missions inside Sibika continued, now with added security, in an effort to erode their support base.

Sons of Sibika, in a propaganda photograph.
Master_Baerne
Jedi Council Member

Post by Master_Baerne »

Baernish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Private Communique
TO: His Majesty King Paul of Pezookia and His Excellency Premier Shady of the USSR

Your Majesty and Your Excellency,

It was with a sense of great sorrow that I heard of your deaths, and with even greater pleasure that I learned of the inaccuracy of that statement. I wish you both a speedy recovery and a return to peace and normality, precluded by vengeance. If there is anything the Sovereign Duchy can do to aid in the extermination of such base traitors as those who plotted the assassination of two great men such as yourselves, I greatly wish to be informed.

In Hopes of a Speedy Recovery,
James of Baerne

---------------------------------------------
Baernish Ministry of War
Deployment Orders
TO: Baernish Intelligence Service, Sibika Division

You are hereby ordered to commence the extermination of anyone found to be aiding the group "The Sons of Sibika". They have been deemed a militant organization with goals hostile to those of the Duchy and the FTO, and their existence will not be tolerated.

Baerne Invictus,
Countess Truman

RESULTS: My condolences to Paul and Shady, and the Sovereign Duchy of Baerne will not tolerate additional violent groups in Frequesque.
Conversion Table:

2000 Mockingbirds = 2 Kilomockingbirds
Basic Unit of Laryngitis = 1 Hoarsepower
453.6 Graham Crackers = 1 Pound Cake
1 Kilogram of Falling Figs - 1 Fig Newton
Time Between Slipping on a Banana Peel and Smacking the Pavement = 1 Bananosecond
Half of a Large Intestine = 1 Semicolon
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Wilkonian Imperial Marine Corps Announces 'Far Horizons' program

While "New Horizons" is currently absorbing more than 3/5ths of the annual military procurement and development budget its products are expected to only last the Ministry of Defense through the next half century with associated upgrades and service life extensions. One of the largest lessons learned from the program thus far, according to WIMC sources, has been the neccessity to seed money early into long range product development. In paticular the ASAT and ABm capability would not be possible without a host of developments that began more than 15 years prior.

Building on that knowledge the WIMC was today announced as the lead service testing source for the "Far Horizons" program which will encompass long range technology demonstrators as well as limited produciton run tests in order to better direct current research and procurement dollars after the end of "New Horizons" in 2015. Already many interested defense and non-defense contractors have been contacted abotu parterning in the sort of basic research and associated long term applied research which is likely to involve a multi-decade development path for payoff. Specialists in robotics, computer system engineering, biological engineering, aerospace, civil, electrical and mechanical engineering as well as a host of seemingly unrelated trades from economics to psychology have been contacted about participation. Officials have not given any exact direction for the project except that no one in the Ministry or the Committee for Imperial Defense expect results until at least 5 years after the end of "New Horizons."
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Pollux
Padawan Learner

Post by Pollux »

Von Luck had been forced to quickly pack everything he'd need while the Justice Department arranged a translator to go with them. Their choice came from the State Department across the street, a former official attached to the Cascadian Embassy in Misteria (Cascadia had been one of the few nations to maintain diplomatic relations with the reclusive Misterian nation during the darker days of its monarchy), and Annabelle Santini was waiting for von Luck at the terminal in a red and black business suit, looking very proper and professional. The brunette accepted the handshake and introduced herself, von Luck doing the same. They waited for the B777 from Trans-Pacific Airlines to begin loading for the flight to Empyrean City, during which Santini provided him a layout of what to expect.

They had just a few days to find any kind of proof linking Tsar Pyotr III to the Gorshkov murder or the charges would be dismissed. There was still the potential of extradition for him to Ashant and Adabani, where over twenty thousand people eventually died from the epidemic of pneumonic plague that the Misterians had caused when they infected Gorshkov, but the laws were tricky, and the defense counsel for the deposed man even trickier. It was still quite possible that Tsar Pyotr III would be able to get away scot-free to join his son Nikolai in the tropical paradise of the Caymans to enjoy the billions they had tucked away in the years leading up to the Revolution.

Empyrean City, Palace District

Government Car en route to the Royal Intelligence Office Headquarters

"I trust your flight was comfortable?" asked Yakov Merov, provisional Marshal of the Misterian Intelligence Bureau and old friend of Jerry von Luck.
"Yes, quite. So, on to business, friend. You, of course, know of the trial of the ex-Tsar in Cascadia?"
"Yes, good job at that. I am certain," he added, "that we would try him ourselves, but politics is still moving rather slowly here in the wake of the Three Days War."
Better get used to that, he thought. "Then you know why I have come here." Merov leaned back in his seat and smiled knowingly.
"You want evidence, documentation of Misteria's involvement with Anatoly Gorshkov that the Royal Intelligence Office may have had."
"Precisely."
"Well then, you're in luck... and quite out of it. We probably have the documents you seek - the RIO managed to destroy only a handful of documents before the army captured the Headquarters."
"Well, what do you mean by, "out of luck"?"
"We near the Palace of Spies. I think you should see for yourself."

Sure enough, the massive RIO complex, known as the Palace or Fortress of Spies, loomed ahead. It was only a minute or two before the car pulled in front of the ornate main entrance. von Luck noted that the walls bore many pockmarks and craters, blemishes from the revolution that emptied the building of its masters. He walked briskly with Merov and a silent man he presumed was a bodyguard through the gilded doors into a simply massive lobby.

He immediately saw the problem.

It was as if every paper, book, cassette, and CD in a dozen libraries had been dumped into the atrium. Haphazard piles of papers half as tall as he were to be found all over. Dozens of people worked at tables organizing and attempting to make sense of the mess.

"So, you understand. The RIO wiped all their computers, but they made hard copies of everything. When they heard the army was rolling towards Empyrean City, they gathered everything they could manage in here for destruction."

von Luck's heart sank. There could be thousands, millions of fucking books and papers for all he knew, scattered across the floors of this massive hall, and he needed - what, a dozen or so?

"You haven't found anything pertaining to the case yet?"
"No. And honestly, a month on finishing going through this mess would be a favorable estimate."
"I see..."
"I will, of course, send you anything if it turns up."
"Yeah. Thanks."

von Luck said nothing as he rode back to the hotel, but he had a burning desire to scream every curse he knew at the top of his lungs every inch of the way.
"Minnesota has 10,000 lakes. This is roughly 4,000 times more lakes than people."
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

CSN Destroyer "Besstrashniy", nearing the coasts of Misteria
- Coast Control, this is the Crimson Star Destroyer "Besstrashniy" sent with a mission of friendship. Emissary Lieutnant Cheburashkin speaking. Are there any harbors that can accomodate our ship?
Last edited by K. A. Pital on 2008-10-13 11:28pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Hotel Room, Constantinople

King Brandon had not be idle for the past few weeks, he had spent the time leading up to the murdering of the PeZookian King and the Shadow Premier touring the Byzantine countryside, meeting with local officials of Byzantine, and doing the sorts of things he should have been doing in Shroomainia, interviewing, photo-opting and just making himself seen. Brandon now found himself awaiting the Emperor of Byzantium in Constantinople. The Emperor had recently arrived home after taking a trip to Brandon ’s home, Frequesue, and Brandon was now awaiting a time when the Emperor was not needed at the front lines of this new guerrilla war being fought in Orena, or at least that was what the VNN was reporting. He would have to find a way to get to the funerals for the Heads of State.

During this time, he had watched as news developed all over the world. He had witnessed the discharge of the Tsar is Misteria, he had witnessed the assassination of King Paul the Internationally Loved, and Premier Shady the Uniter, and he was now witnessing the manhunt for the killers. He hoped that the Emperor was finally done dealing with the failure of the SNC’s defences, and could make time to meet with the King of Vineyards.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Frequesue Neutrality Pact

Article I

The Continent of Frequesue belongs to those who dwell on her shores and lands and no other, the produce and resources of the Continent being the possession and responsibility of the Frequesuan Nations to be distributed or sold as they decide. As such the Signatories agree that the nations of the continent of Frequesue have the right to govern the destiny of their own continent independent of the desires of outside nations and that acts of imperialism upon the Frequesuan Continent are not to be recognized by the Signatories.

Article 2

The Frequesuan Nations have the responsibility to protect the citizens of other Nations and States currently in residence upon the Continent of Frequesue as well as to preserve their well-being, lawful property, and rights under international law.

Article 3

Item A: The Signatories agree that no nation not native to the Frequesue Continent shall deploy military forces upon the continent except by direct invitation and request of the Frequesue Treaty Organization acting as the collective will of the Frequesuan Nations, and that they shall respect the neutrality of the Continent of Frequesue in the affairs of the world.

Item B: As exception to this Article the Empire of Tian Xia, the lawful and sovereign ruler of the province of Tian Jiao - the former Duchy of Westchester - in Frequesue, is permitted to field military forces within the confines of Tian Jiao's territory.

Item C: Those bases already provided to Signatories by a Frequesuan Nation prior to the start of this conference shall be considered exempt from the restriction, with force level not to exceed the deployment force as of the beginning of the Frequesue Neutrality Conference without the permission of the Frequesue Treaty Organization.

Article 4

The Frequesuan Nations guarantee that they will respect the lawful economic interests of outside nations on the Continent of Frequesue.

Article 5

The Frequesuan Nations will protect the neutrality of the Continent by remaining independent from all world-wide military alliance pacts and treaties.

Article 6

The Frequesuan Nations agree that the Frequesue Treaty Organization must take what measures are necessary to ensure the Organization reflects the will of the Continent of Frequesue, including admitting states of Frequesue that had been in conflict with the existing Organization members that are currently at peace with the Organization and all standing members. The Empire of Tian Xia will be allowed to negotiate observer status with the FTO on behalf of the Tian Jiao SAR.

Article 7

The Frequesuan Nations and the other Signatories will cooperate on issues of law enforcement and preventing illict international trade, including but not limited to drug trafficking and human trafficking.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

1st District Federal Court

Von Luck had a glower on his face as he stood to greet Judge Koniwicz with the rest of the courtroom. As the hearing began he gave a sideways glance to Peter Sanders, the high-priced lawyer from the firm Sanders & Perkins, and the defendant.

"Mister von Luck, I hope you enjoyed your trip to Misteria," Koniwicz remarked. "Did you happen to bring any evidence back for me to consider on these charges?"
"Your Honor, there is so much documentary evidence to sift through that a week...."
"I take it 'No' is your answer."
"Given the Government's inability to produce evidence for a prima facie case against my client, Your Honor, I move that you dismiss all charges and release Mr. Omotrov from what is clearly a politically-motivated incarceration," Sanders said.
"Your Honor, the scope of this crime and the sheer quantity of potential evidence to sift through..."
"...does not outweigh the right of habeas corpus or the right to a speedy trial," Koniwicz finished for von Luck. "Sorry, Counselor, your bosses really messed this one up. The Court dismisses the charges against Pyotr Omotrov without prejudice. Mister Omotrov, you will be free to go."
"Your Honor, there is still the matter of the extradition requests by Adabani and Ashant..."
"My client intends to oppose the extradition. He cannot get a fair trial in either locale."
"But with the risk of flight..."
"Save it, Mr. von Luck. Mr. Omotrov will remain in the Republic until the extradition proceedings are complete, but he will not be living as a ward of the State. The defendant is barred from obtaining a passport or leaving the confines of the Republic and is released on his own recognizance."

Seattle Post-Intelligencer

The Misterian Tsar Case: What Went Wrong?

SEATTLE, OLYMPIA - The trial of Tsar Pyotr III was revealed as stillborn today after Federal Court Judge Alice Koniwicz dismissed the charges against the deposed tyrant in regards to the infamous murder of Misterian dissident-in-exile Anatoly Gorshkov by exposure to pneumonic plague.

Citing the lack of evidenice presented by the Justice Department, Judge Koniwicz released the former monarch and dictator while ordering him to remain in Cascadia for the extradition proceedings filed for by the State Department on behalf of Ashant and Adabani. Both Velerian nations want to try the Tsar on the Gorshkov case due to the raging epidemic that the late Mr. Gorshkov unwittingly spread after his infection. The plague is estimated to have killed over 20,000 people in each nation back in 1989 and 1990.

Tsar Pyotr has vowed to fight extradition while also extending condolences over the deaths in the case, insisting he never ordered the murder of Gorshkov or the use of the plague. In the meantime he will be living somewhere the Seacouver region, though neither the government nor the defense attorneys have said where, fearing for the safety of the deposed Tsar.

The dismissal of the charges has invited outrage from activist groups who demand the Tsar be tried not only over the Gorshkov case but many others. From 1986, when Pyotr III took the throne, until just this year, eighty nine to a hundred Misterian exiles worldwide have either been killed or subjected to life-threatening situations ranging from sickness to vehicle accidents and seemingly random attacks. Many believe that the Misterial Royal Intelligence Office was responsible for these as an active campaign of murder and intimidation against exiled dissidents, as well as other acts of repression inside Misteria proper. The Misterian Freedom League has accused the Cascadian Justice Department of "incompetence" in failing to maintain the charges. "The Tsar should be sleeping on a concrete cot in jail, not in a comfortable bed in a palatial countryside estate," Katarina Susenov, Chairwoman of the League, remarked in an open press release. "We are disappointed with the inability of the Cascadian government to win justice for the slayings and attacks on Misterian patriots."

A source inside the Justice Department remarked that the case was rushed to the courts before it was ready by the actions of San Dorado, which seized the Tsar and extradited him faster than the Justice Department had been prepared for.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Byzantine Defence Quarterly

Changes to the design new destroyers?

The Exarch and Consul class destroyers, 18,500/18,000 tonnes in all, have been seeing a fair bit of revision over the last year or so. Apparently, although the keel has been laid, more changes were made. "We started out with the idea that the ship was slated to have lots of volume for future upgrades, so we actually made the ship longer and wider than intended. So the final product might be larger than you think. Plus, it's classified," says one designer. It appears the the ship will indeed adopt a slew of new systems, including the SPY-3 radar system, together with MK51 VLS system. The first 4 vessels won't see service till next year.
Kreia
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Jerusalem Space Center

Convincing Agatha - and his security detail - that going to the Mercury 2 launch was necessary was a horrendous ordeal. People were jumpy, even a full month after the assassination attempt.

Still, Paul managed to do that. He felt that spending some time in warm and sunny Palestine would help with his wife's current mood. He was looking forward to escaping the snow, anyway. And hey - Christmas in Jerusalem. That was an opportunity nobody should miss.

The JSC would be host to a great many national leaders, and so security arrangements were extremely tight. No bomb trucks wouldbe getting through this time: the JSC now had a reinforced concrete wall riddled with sensors and rated against five-tonne trucks slamming into it at full speed.

Byzantine and other SNC soldiers were patrolling the perimeter heavily, there was air support, armored support, UAVs, sensors and God knows what else.

Ultimately, however, all this didn't matter. What mattered was the Atlas-Sputnik rocket sitting on its launch pad, with the first fully functional Mercury capsule affixed on top.

Two hours before the launch, a semi-formal dinner was held at the newly completed JSC caffeteria, which the King attended, of course.

"King Brandon...I have been looking forward to meeting you, your highness...it's a pity circumstances delayed everything.", he greeted the Vinnish king. Emperor Heraclius was there, discussing important matters of state. Paul noted that King Brandon seemed...surprised at seeing him there, "Excuse me while I greet the others."

Paul circled the caffeteria with his entourage, exchanging a few words with everyone present. The Japanistani delegation, reserved as it was, even returned the bow.

Eventually, the King returned to King Brandon and the Emperor.

"Now that duties related to etiquette have been taken care of, I'd like to ask what you think of the facilities here.", Paul asked as if nothing had happened.

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Jerusalem Space Center, Jerusalem

The leaders of the world had gathered at Jerusalem - the birthplace of Christendom and the heart of Byzantium - for one explicit reason. The Mercury 2 launch, where, for the first time ever, three tiny turtles would go where three tiny turtles have never gone before, to space... the final frontier.

It would be FASTA's finest day.

And Prime Minister Shroom would be there to see it. It was not his first time in Byzantium, he had visited the nation years ago to meet with its Emperor and sign the Tripoli Trade Treaty which, amongst other things, resulted in the formation of BAM and the construction of his own nifty Shroom Force One giant A380. Emperor Heraclius had his own BAM A380 too, so the two of them had matching super-jumbo jets.

Prime Minister was looking for Emperor Heraclius.

"Hey, I'm looking for Emperor Heraclius," Shroom said to Exarch Decius (after exchanging handshakes and pleasantries with the hard-ass).

"I do believe he's over there," the Byzantine Exarch said, pointing to some place or another.

"Thanks, mang," Shroom ex-squeezed himself and went to where the Exarch was pointing at.

Along the way, the Prime Minister met a few familiar faces.

"Prime Minister!" a young female voice called out.

"Huh?" Shroom turned around.

"It's me, Miranda!" the eager young space cadet said as she went over to the Sovereign of Shroomania.

"Oh, why hello there," the Prime Minister's brain took a moment to recognize the face, but he did recognize it (the face). It was Miranda Moonbeam, daughter of Minister Mordecai Moonbeam from the House of Lords. Lord Moonbeam. "Miranda, of course, how's your father?"

"I don't know, I've been busy at Comona, Space City. I should be asking you the same question, sir, since you get to see him in Parliament more than I do. How is my father, Prime Minister?"

"He's good, and he speaks of you a lot. He's proud of his daughter," Shroom said with a sly smile. Actually, Lord Moonbeam was a complete asshole who used his influence to get his precious little girl into the space program. In return, Shroom got his help in certain domestic affairs - mostly concessions from their goddamn PaleoPacifistic Party. Goddamn hippies.

Shroom hoped Lord Moonbeam strangled himself with the strings he was pulling. Fucker.

"Let me introduce you to my friends," while the Prime Minister mentally brooded over the politics back in Shroomania that troubled him so, especially without Alison to stack the papers on his desk in an organized fashion, the plucky prospective astronaut grabbed another woman, and a hunky man, from the crowd of uniformed military-looking types who were astronauts-in-training from Comona. They were apparently having the weekend out, or something. "Here's Svetlana Savitskaya and Alan Shroompard!"

Shroom exchanged pleasantries with the two (three), noting that the Crimson fighter ace and the SAF Top Gun test pilot were both pretty alright. After a short while, he excused himself and went on to find what he was looking for.

Emperor Heraclius, and the familiar form of King Brandon - who had just recently been to Shroomania - and another familiar person...

"Ah, I've finally found you guys -" the Prime Minister stopped as he recognized the third familiar person. "Paul? It's you! Paul!"

"Paul! It's you!"

"Yes, Shroom. Yes," King Paul said, slightly uncomfortable at the arms wrapped around him. "It's me."

The Prime Minister let go and looked around, realizing the breech of protocol he had just committed, but thankfully there were no goddamn journos around to take compromising pictures of him - not like that time in the David Shroomwie concert...

The onlookers were fellow world leaders, such as Emperor Heraclius and King Brandon who were right there, and rather than looks of disapproval or shock or raised eyebrows, there was nothing of that sort. They felt what the Shroomanian Prime Minister felt, and they were glad that King Paul was back.

Shroom turned and found Queen Agatha looking at him with amusement while shaking her head.

"Umm... sorry," the Prime Minister apologized sheepishly.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Imperial Chronicles

Emperor Heraclius IV looked on Prime Minister Shroom and King Paul embraced. "The Prime Minister hasn't changed much hasn't he?" asked the Emperor.

"No sire.. he's still the same flamboyant self he has always been," Exarch Decius replied.

Sighing and turning to the King Brandon of the Vineyards, "I hope our hospitality has not be lacking since you started visiting Byzantium sir. Apologies for the... rather lack of attention accorded to a head of state such as yourself. Things have been.. quite rough over the last few weeks. Now, is there something you might want to talk about?"
Kreia
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Aerospace Weekly

4th and 5th Lowell Satellites launched
The fourth and fifth satellites of the Lowell Global Positioning System constellation successfully launched this morning on an Ares I launched vehicle. The goal is to eventually deploy 24 orbitals.

Lockheed Dominion, Combat Optics, team up on UAV contracts.
As more satellite communication bandwidth becomes available, MESS militaries have begun to look at 'unmanned aerial vehicles'. One such vehicle will fill a role similar to the Japanistani 'High Soar' reconnaissance plane, and is in fact already in the prototype stages. The other is a smaller UAV that would also be able to be armed with small bombs and missiles. The ODAAF is particularly interested in the smaller model for use in the Kanawha tribal area.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
DarthShady
Jedi Council Member

Post by DarthShady »

Orena Voyvodship hospital, PeZookia

Shady woke up and the world slowly slit into focus. The first thing he saw was Sofia smiling at him. She leaned closer and kissed him. "It's good to see you too...", he said smiling. "I'm just happy to see you awake again...there were several times that we thought we had lost you.", Sofia said with tears coming down her cheeks, "Do you remember what happened?" Shady looked confused for a moment but then it came to him. He remembered gravity turning it self off and sending him flying to meet sharp pieces of the limousine, he remembered bleeding out in Sofia's arms. "The limo...What happened?", he asked. "We were ambushed, a bomb went off.", Sofia said, "You've been unconscious for nearly a month."

"King Paul? The Queen? Are they all right?", he asked in a somewhat panicked voice.

"They are fine, they suffered only minor injuries.", she said, "You took the worst of it...the worst that survived."

"What do you mean?", Shady asked.

"All four members of the Black Hand that escorted us...are dead. There are even more PeZookian casualties.", she said and they were interrupted by a group of PeZookian doctors entering the room.

"Comrade Premier it is good to see you awake.", one of the doctors smiled.

"Good to be awake.", Shady answered, "When can I leave the hospital?"

"Not that fast. You are awake, but you can't leave jet.", the Doctor answered, "You'll have to stay here at least another week, so we can make sure nothing goes wrong. After that we can release you into the care of your personal doctors."

"Fine.", Shady answered and glanced at one of the Doctors, they took the hint and excused themselves from the room.

Sofia came closer and sat on the bed. "A lot has happened while you were sleeping...", she began, "The situation is rather unstable...but others can fill you in on that, I'm just glad you're alive."

Shady smiled.

"My dear I have a few tasks for you.", he said, "Get Kane here, and Inform King Paul that I'm awake and would like to speak with him."

"Of course, anything else?", she said. "No...just hurry back", Shady said.

He watched as Sofia left the room, he wondered what exactly did she feel about him. "I've been sleeping for far too long, It's time I wake up.", he thought to himself, "They tried to kill me, that was unexpected. But who? Who would have the skill, the resources and most importantly the reason to do this?"

He leaned back in his bed.

"Kane better have some answers..."
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

Red King

Presidential Palace, downtown San Dorado

The Presidential Palace was resplendent as ever. Its decorative jewel-like glass and steel crown flickered with the rebounding rays of the noon sun, a tribute to the finest Art Deco architecture. Wisps of clouds drifted along the cathedral-like windows of the Presidential study near the top of the building, the vaulted, electrically lit roof arching away from the massive wooden desk behind which the President himself was working.

Currently President Hank was pouring over the text of the Frequesue Neutrality Pact and the recommendations attached by Helena Skye’s people at DEPICOR. They boiled down to ‘sign this, it’s a good deal’, but Sidney Hank liked to make sure he knew what he was getting into. Still they were right, it was a good deal. Assistant-Sub-Director Christian Graham, who had taken over when Sub-Director Charlie Duquesne was promoted to ambassador to the CSR, had done a good job. Hank made a note to put in a good word for Graham should he encounter his name anywhere else.

A soft bell sounded on the communications panel grafted into the desk, and the President was treated to the voice of his personal secretary. “Miss Sinclair is here to see you sir”, as always George Walsh managed to keep his voice neutral. He was one of the few people who knew the relation between the President and Director Sinclair was more than strictly business. “Shall I let her in?”

The President swiftly signed the note telling Skye that he was agreed with the Treaty and asking her to inform him when the signing ceremony would take place, then pushed the piece of yellow paper away. “Yes please George, let her in”, he then said.

Two Presidential Security Service aides opened the bronze doors leading into the study and in came Daphne Sinclair, of the General Directorate for Education, Law Enforcement and Justice, and one of the five most powerful people in San Dorado. Much to the President’s concern however she looked distinctly restless as she paced into the office, waiting until the sound-proof doors had closed again before she spoke.

“We’ve got a problem.”

Oh, there we go again, the President thought as he sank back in his chair. Never a dull day. He responded airily though, hoping that whatever had come up wouldn’t be as serious as she sounded. “Relax, Daphne. Take a seat. What seems to be the difficulty?”

Sinclair sat down on the edge of one of the leather-clad fauteuils on the opposite side of the desk, took a moment to compose her thoughts, puffed her cheeks, and shrugged. “Sidney, Red King is missing a shipment.”

President Sidney Hank merely stared at her for a moment.

The codename Red King had been assigned by the President himself. It was the name of a character from Through the Looking Glass. No-one in this world had read that novel, but in Lewis Carroll's fantasy story the Red King character was fast asleep, and Alice theorized that she was part of the Red King's dream and would “go out—bang!—like a candle” should he wake.

It seemed an ironically fitting name for San Dorado’s top-secret biowarfare laboratory, run by Sinclair’s SinTEK, and tasked with the creation of what amounted to doomsday weapons.

But now Red King was missing a ‘shipment’.

“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me”, the President’s voice was ominously flat.

“I wish I was Sidney, but-”

“How the fuck did this happen?”

Daphne Sinclair knew the President well enough to recognize the thinly veiled anger in his voice. This wasn’t the time to appeal to Sidney Hank’s softer sides. “The lab on Isla Sorna – one of its shipments down south was hijacked on Chauki Lake. The pirates took the vessel down to Gortinez Harbour on the Costa. I… Well, we arranged an immediate response, Citidef and SDA took back the ship within twelve hours… But when my people retook possession of the ship, as it turned out, twelve cylinders were missing…”

“Twelve cylinders containing what?

“A hallucinogenic agent… A powerful psychoactive gas, we haven’t got a name for it yet. It’s derived of the poison secreted by a critter from the northern jungles. It induces, ah, it induces uncontrollable rage in those subjected to it. Turns them into vicious, bloodthirsty psychopaths, for a time. The effects are… Well, they effects are quite profound.”

“And you’re missing twelve canisters of this stuff?”

“Only eleven now. One turned up yesterday in a village in the northern Costa.”

“What happened?”

“Well, Sidney, pretty much everyone in the village died.”

“Sweet lady, an entire village? Are you for fucking real?” The President slammed his fist into the desk. “Fortune faded Daphne! Do you… Do you have any idea what will happen if word of this gets out? Do you have any idea of the extent of the damage? No-one, not even Helena will be able to spin this! We’ll be fucking crucified!

“It gets worse.”

“I bet it does! What happens if a cylinder of this shit pops open downtown?”

Daphne ignored him. “I think Sam has a hand in this.”

Hank closed his eyes and massaged his temples. “Sam? Sam Ralson? What the fuck does Ralson have to do with this?”

“Think about it Sidney. Why do you think there wasn’t a bigger guard aboard that ship? How many ships have been hijacked on Chauki Lake in the last decade? I’ll tell you: none. Piracy on the great rivers is a thing of the distant past. And then when someone restarts the practice they just so happen to hijack this vessel? Someone paid the pirates to take the cylinders, and then double-crossed them by releasing some of the gas on the docks before our troops got there. And as head of CORDEF and CEO of Ralson Concerns only Sam Ralson has both a high enough clearance to know when the laboratory conducts its shipments, and the means to commandeer the ship. The village was a test, someone wanted to see what the stuff does. That’s something Sam would do, he doesn’t give damn how many people die. It’s got to be him, he’s the biggest weapons manufacturer of the damned city, Ralson Arms is bound to want to weaponize it…”

“Weaponize it? You mean it’s not a damned weapon yet?”

“No. It’s too thin, too diffuse. To be a truly effective agent it needs to loiter longer, it has to be thickened.”

“Bloody fucking great. So it’s a gas that kills an entire village even though it isn’t properly weaponized yet, we’re missing a dozen cylinders of the stuff, and my own Director of Corporate Defence is unleashing it on hapless innocents just to see what happens? What else? You better have some good news for me…”

“Two things. We’ve so far managed to suppress word of the whole clusterfuck and we think we’ll be able to continue to do so – provided no more villages get gassed, that is. And secondly, EIA thinks it has a lead on the stuff. Looks like that rivalry with the MIC is finally about to pay off.”

“I don’t want to know.” President Hank looked extremely irritated. He impatiently tapped his fingers on the desk. “I’m leaving for Jerusalem this evening for the FASTA launch. When I get back one week from now, I want this mess settled, and I want it settled nicely and quietly. I don’t care how you do it as long as I hear of no more dead villages, no more ‘accidents’, and no more fucking weapons of mass destruction getting ‘lost’, you hear me?”

“Yes, Sidney, I hear you. I just-”

The President stood up. “Save it for later. Just… Get our gear back, and whatever you do, make sure none of your actions can ever be traced back to San Dorado.” He paced to the door, then turned around at the last minute. “Because I like you Daphne, I really do, but I swear to the Good Lady that if word does get out, I’ll throw you to the wolves.”

Result: A catastrophic fuck-up has occurred during the transfer of hazardous materials from San Dorado’s bioweapon facility in Chauki Lake to an undisclosed location: Eleven cylinders full of a highly dangerous psychoactive gas have disappeared somewhere on the Costa. Owner SinTEK and the state’s External Intelligence Agency are in hot pursuit, but the cylinders are now in possession of Ralson Concerns Ltd, one of San Dorado’s largest megacorporations, or a third party paid by Sam Ralson. President Hank is really pissed off about this, but he is also leaving San Dorado for Byzantium in a few hours, so won’t be able to do much about it himself.

[OOC: Since the resolution of this plotline is probably fairly important to the future standing of San Dorado in the international community I’d appreciate if people, should they want to involve themselves, checked with me first.]
Last edited by Siege on 2008-10-14 10:56am, edited 1 time in total.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

The Old Continent

Karic was a former ruler of Sjenska, and Ana used to work for him in those days. He never knew who she really was: he had her penned for a corrupt commando or intelligence official from...somewhere. Either way, she was paid good money to train his people and organize the various state enforcement units he used to keep Sjenska in line.

She knew how to hide, but Karic still had money, and still had his own contacts. And his subordinates were motivated well by their superior's murderous rage and the fact that he could throw them to the wolves at any moment. Just like their leader, they had nothing to lose.

And so they activated their old contacts ; Went out to meet them all over the Old Continent, and contracted some real good detective work. They even bribed one of Ana's contacts, who betrayed that she was last seen getting on a train in Vulpesia - then he took the money and disappeared.

Karic wanted revenge, and he would get it, no matter how difficult it would be.

Vulpesia, two weeks after the attacks

The snow was starting to fall already, covering the mountains in a thick fluffy blanket. Replacing the spectacular green grass and trees, the snow brought with it chilly, fresh mountain air and thousands of tourists.

Ana spent the last two weeks in this little town, relaxing and laying low. Only a few people knew she would be here, and they were trusted, dependable people. She made arrangements making sure that Karic wouldn't know where she'd be.

Of course, she was getting a bit too comfortable in this place, eating good food, having long chats with interesting people, skiing and hiking in the mountains. People were starting to recognize her, and that wasn't good. It was time to leave. She decided to spend her last day here skiing.

When the morning came, she grabbed her skis (an excellent Vulpesian brand no less, bought with Karic's blood money) and left the resort. She walked briskly, enjoying the mountain air and looking forward to the challenging slopes.

Almost immediately, she noticed the trio following her.

Little things gave them away. There were two men and a woman. Despite being in a mountain tourist resort, they didn't carry skis. There was no banter, they kept their eyes fixed on her and tried to remain unseen so hard they stood out from miles away.

Ana snorted with contempt. Fools, she thought

During her stay here she made sure to recointer the town and find a few useful spots. One such place was a little park, surrounded with multi story houses on all sides, with a central fountain. Nobody ever went there, and the walls facing it were completely blind. She turned right at the central intersection, skillfully leading her pursuers towards that place.

She observed them discreetly. All three of wore thick overcoats, which could conceal even a large weapon easily. The woman was very small and hung back - brain of the operation, probably. The men were large and would never be chosen for training at any spy school: both looked like brutes at first sight. One wore a blonde buzz cut, the other a ponytail.

Once she reached the archway passage cutting through to the park she chose as the final showdown site, she abruptly accelerated her pace and ducked into it.

She noticed the three idiots accelerated as well, and she could hear their footsteps clearly thanks to the snow. She calmly passed through the archway and to the side, heaving the skis from her shoulder. One of the men was running now, his boots clanking against cobblestones. His friend was following close behind.

Ana took a deep breath and stuck the skis out in front of the passage.

The blonde guy was the one running in front, and he tripped over the skis. He flew forward with full force, hitting the fountain with his head.

Ana stepped out from her hiding place and grabbed his friend, twisting his arm and locking it behing him, using the body briefly as a human shield. The woman was standing there, and it took her a second to snap into action and pull out her Ralson Arms submachine gun.

By that time, Ana managed to grab her victim's silenced pistol and shot the woman two times in the chest with it. Without skipping a beat, she threw the man she was holding to the ground and shot him in the head as well.

She inspected the area and checked the blonde guy for vital signs.Only then did she drag the dead bodies through the archway, hiding both in the corner of the garden.

Then she kicked her final quarry in the stomach.

"Ow...shit!", he screamed

"Shut up. And don't try to turn around.", Ana warned him pre-emptively. There was something in her voice which cause him to freeze.

"Who sent you?"

"What the...why do you think I'll tell you?!"

She shot him in the leg in response.

"Who sent you?!"

"FUCK! Karic! Karic sent us! Jesus christ, you didn't have to do that..."

"Why?"

"He thinks you cheated him! Screwed him over and messed up the assassination!"

There was a brief pause. The snow slowly turned red, soaking in the man's blood.

"Well?", he finally asked, surprised the woman didn't say anything else.

"What? Oh, right."

She shot him in the head.