[Russian] Generic anti-Saxton bullshit

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Russian
BANNED

[Russian] Generic anti-Saxton bullshit

Post by Russian »

The following could be saw [seen] at this site
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/
1)
Heavy guns: 2.4 million megatons (200 gigatons per shot from each turret, 12 turrets)
Where in the hell this "info" [The word is "information"]was taken from? Do you really believe Acclamator being [color]["is" would be a much better word.][/color] a superweapon? No evidence in [the] films ( both Original Trylogy [Trilogy ffs.] and New Episodes) proves such technical specs of turbolaser cannons. In fact a 200 gigaton explosion would oblitarate a major continent in a single blow, and the resulting ecjsystem [I'm not even going to guess what that word is.] destruction will eventually end life existence on such planet [With a bit or rearranging that might even make sense...then again, we do all know about a BDZ anyway...]. If the turbolaser [is] THAT powerful - whats the need to build a Death Star?
And if the turbolasers were that powerful - why didn't imperials oblitarate asteroid in which Millenium Falcon went hiding ( Episode 5)?
Facts seem to be that turbolaser bolt impact could be maximum half a scale of Hiroshima bomb explosion if count explosive power. Enough to destroy a small city or oblitarate a planet in prolonged ( even days of bombardment by one ISD) bombing, not to execute exterminatus in several or even one hit...
2)
Furthermore, stormtrooper armour is capable of stopping small-arms fire, thus making anything smaller than a grenade launcher useless.
It's doubtful that storntroopers body-armour could stand against modern firearms because imperial armour was made to resist energy-weapons hits, not physical damage. We saw AT-ST destroyed by two beams ( not laser baems but wooden ones) in Episode 6, while the modern BTR wuold easily resust [resist, the word my friend is "resist".] such attacks...
????? ?????? !!!!
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Re: Star Wars lies

Post by Vympel »

Russian wrote: Where in the hell this "info" was taken from?
Official sources. Which you'd know if you could read properly.
Do you really believe Acclamator being a superweapon? No evidence in films ( both Original Trylogy and New Episodes) proves such technical specs of turbolaser cannons.
You mean apart from the mere existence of the Death Star.
In fact a 200 gigaton explosion would oblitarate a major continent in a single blow, and the resulting ecjsystem destruction will eventually end life existence on such planet. If the turbolaser THAT powerful - whats the need to build a Death Star?
Since you're a complete moron, I guess I have to point out that the firepower of the Death Star is at least 20 billion trillion megatons. Or thereabouts. Do the math. With such obscene firepower, there is no defence. There is a defence against mere warships that pack gigaton range firepower as a matter of course, especially in terms of planetary shields. 200GT is an infinitely small fraction of the firepower of the Death Star.

And frankly, arguing about "need" to build something proves sweet fuck all. It happened.
And if the turbolasers were that powerful - why didn't imperials oblitarate asteroid in which Millenium Falcon went hiding ( Episode 5)?
What a brilliant idea. Except ... oh. Not only did they not know where the Falcon was hiding, but obliterating said asteroid would result in the destruction of the Falcon, killing their quarry.

How nice to see you were paying attention in the movies.
Facts seem to be that turbolaser bolt impact could be maximum half a scale of Hiroshima bomb explosion if count explosive power. Enough to destroy a small city or oblitarate a planet in prolonged ( even days of bombardment by one ISD) bombing, not to execute exterminatus in several or even one hit...
200GT is not enough to perform an "Exterminatus" in one hit, nor is it enough to perfrom a Base Delta Zero.
It's doubtful that storntroopers body-armour could stand against modern firearms because imperial armour was made to resist energy-weapons hits
I don't care what you think it's doubtful. Fact is it can. Canon. Deal.
not physical damage. We saw AT-ST destroyed by two beams ( not laser baems but wooden ones) in Episode 6, while the modern BTR wuold easily resust such attacks...
An AT-ST has what to do with stormtrooper armor, and two wooden logs have what to do with modern firearms? Never mind your claim about a BTR resisting two wooden logs. The side-armor of a BTR is hardly strong. Proof against 7.62mm ammunition, at most.

Moved to HOS. This should be fun.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Russian
BANNED

Post by Russian »

Official sources. Which you'd know if you could read properly.
No comments
I guess I have to point out that the firepower of the Death Star is at least 20 billion trillion megatons. Or thereabouts. Do the math. With such obscene firepower, there is no defence. There is a defence against mere warships that pack gigaton range firepower as a matter of course, especially in terms of planetary shields. 200GT is an infinitely small fraction of the firepower of the Death Star.
I didn't mention comparison of Death Star and 200 GT non-canon turbolaser, DS superlaser could be quadrillion tons explosive power...
What a brilliant idea, fucktard. Except ... oh. Not only did they not know where the Falcon was hiding, but obliterating said asteroid would result in the destruction of the Falcon, killing their quarry.
Imperial actions show they WERE ready to destroy MF...
200GT is not enough to perform an "Exterminatus" in one hit, nor is it enough to perfrom a Base Delta Zero.
1) BDZ and Exterminatus result in practically similar subsequences - oblitarating of the planet's surface...
2) 200 GT explosion wuold oblitarate a major continent, so it would take ISD 15-20 shots to complete BDZ, seem not real
I don't care what you think it's doubtful. Fact is it can. Canon. Deal.
Where in the canon there were situation that stormtrooper's bodyarmour resisted bullets. It wasn't in the canon,may be the EU? Again no, but well may be here http://www.imperialbastion.ru/projects/lastman1.htm
What do we see? Imperial stormtrooper armour penetrated by sharpened poles... Please do not mention tuskens' guns, they were blasters, not firearms ( Episode 1)
Since you're a complete moron,...fucktard
and else
Совсем не ожидал от модератара такого обширного употребления нецензурной лексики... У нас Вас бы забанили... Так что пока - отправляйтесь с вашими наездами в Бобруйск, нах....
????? ?????? !!!!
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Russian wrote: I didn't mention comparison of Death Star and 200 GT non-canon turbolaser
Yes, you did, liar:
If the turbolaser THAT powerful - whats the need to build a Death Star?
DS superlaser could be quadrillion tons explosive power...
No, actually, that's far too low. Your grasp of math is pathetic.
Imperial actions show they WERE ready to destroy MF...
Oh, but of course!

"You are free to use whatever methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintergrations."
1) BDZ and Exterminatus result in practically similar subsequences - oblitarating of the planet's surface...
Incorrect. Base Delta Zero is the slagging of a planet's surface, specifically.
2) 200 GT explosion wuold oblitarate a major continent, so it would take ISD 15-20 shots to complete BDZ, seem not real
Prove it.
Where in the canon there were situation that stormtrooper's bodyarmour resisted bullets. It wasn't in the canon,may be the EU?
The EU is canon. Another reason why you're in the HoS.
Again no, but well may be here http://www.imperialbastion.ru/projects/lastman1.htm
What do we see? Imperial stormtrooper armour penetrated by sharpened poles...
I see a spear sticking out of a Stormtrooper's armor.
"Qorl stood inside the training chamber holding a wicked-looking spear in his black-wrapped left hand. His droid replacement gripped the gleaming shaft with enough force to dent the metal."
"He cocked his droid arm back - and hurled the deadly weapon ..."
"Norys slammed into the wall, his helmet ringing against the hard metal bulkhead. His vision sparkled with impending unconsciousness."
"He looked down at his chest in amazement and saw only a nick in the white armor where the spear had struck."
What about that contradicts this passage, or proves that a modern firearm will penetrate? They got knocked over. Whoopdeedoo. That Stormtrooper armor is proof against projectile weapons is also stated in the SW:VD, and implicitly supported by the AotC:VD.
Please do not mention tuskens' guns, they were blasters, not firearms ( Episode 1)
No, they were guns. Clearly, your total lack of recall about the films is not limited to Episode V.
and else
Совсем не ожидал от модератара такого обширного употребления нецензурной лексики... У нас Вас бы забанили... Так что пока - отправляйтесь с вашими наездами в Бобруйск, нах....
I'll flame you as much as I like, fuckwit. You're a moron and you will be treated as such. I even edited my post because I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but I see now you're a fool and there's no need for moderation with you.
Last edited by Vympel on 2006-09-11 09:49am, edited 4 times in total.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: Star Wars lies (Moron alert)

Post by Eleas »

Russian wrote:Where in the hell this "info" was taken from? Do you really believe Acclamator being a superweapon? No evidence in films ( both Original Trylogy and New Episodes) proves such technical specs of turbolaser cannons.
...except the ESB asteroid scene, a fact easily discovered on that site by anyone with basic mouse operating skills. Frankly, the fact that you didn't even exhibit the capability to progress beyond the "Star Wars vs Star Trek in Five Minutes" pages shows you as a bit of a moron. Though it is a bit amusing to me that you chose to focus on what Mike Wong termed "the lazy man's method."

Also telling is that even on this quick-n-dirty page, the sources are readily apparent for anyone with the basic reading comprehension of a termite.
Russian wrote:In fact a 200 gigaton explosion would oblitarate a major continent in a single blow, and the resulting ecjsystem destruction will eventually end life existence on such planet. If the turbolaser THAT powerful - whats the need to build a Death Star?
Oh, this is grand. Another dimwit who, upon reading the word "megaton," thinks it means "unit of nuclear explosion." :D
Russian wrote:And if the turbolasers were that powerful - why didn't imperials oblitarate asteroid in which Millenium Falcon went hiding ( Episode 5)?
For several reasons, none of which you would understand. Suffice to say that capturing the crew of a ship after it had been reduced to a seething lump of slag might be a bit inconvenient.
You obviously have no knowledge whatsoever of basic physics. Nor, apparently, of reality.
2)It's doubtful that storntroopers body-armour could stand against modern firearms because imperial armour was made to resist energy-weapons hits, not physical damage. We saw AT-ST destroyed by two beams ( not laser baems but wooden ones) in Episode 6, while the modern BTR wuold easily resust such attacks...
Proof? Ah, that's right, you have none, while counterproof is abundant, easy to find, and obvious.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Russian wrote:Imperial actions show they WERE ready to destroy MF...
No, the task force had specific orders to capture the Millenium Falcon. Darth Vader needed prisoners, not bodies.
Russian wrote:1) BDZ and Exterminatus result in practically similar subsequences - oblitarating of the planet's surface...
Exterminatus results in the planet being unlivable. BDZ results in the planet having no recoverable resources, which goes well beyond just making it unlivable.
Russian wrote:Where in the canon there were situation that stormtrooper's bodyarmour resisted bullets. It wasn't in the canon,may be the EU? Again no, but well may be here ++http://www.imperialbastion.ru/projects/lastman1.htm
What do we see? Imperial stormtrooper armour penetrated by sharpened poles... Please do not mention tuskens' guns, they were blasters, not firearms ( Episode 1)
I see nothing on the referenced page showing Stormtrooper armor being pierced by "sharpened poles". As I don't read Russian, I have no way of determining if there's any relevant information there.

We have, however, seen Clonetrooper and Stormtrooper armor resisting shrapnel from nearby explosions that would likely have injured, incapacitated, or killed an unarmored person. We know for a fact that ST armor can't withstand a direct hit from a blaster, so we can conclude that its value lies in other areas.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

The Amanin in "SW Empire: To The Last Man" did impale stormtroopers on their spears.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

VT-16 wrote:The Amanin in "SW Empire: To The Last Man" did impale stormtroopers on their spears.
I've read the comic. Can you show any instant where the spear actually penetrated the armor plate straight through?
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

VT-16 wrote:The Amanin in "SW Empire: To The Last Man" did impale stormtroopers on their spears.
I'm not familiar with it. Does this actually depict spears going through the hard plates of the armor or just through the joints?
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Skewer

This one shows it going through the front, but not the back-plate. Will try to find anything of that sort, if it exists.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Ted C wrote:
I'm not familiar with it. Does this actually depict spears going through the hard plates of the armor or just through the joints?
It's this one he's talking about:

http://www.imperialbastion.ru/projects/lastman1.htm

Here: You can see a Stormtrooper with a spear through the joint

Whereas here: Link

A Stormtrooper is struck in the back, and another is struck in the chest. No evidence it's actually penetrated or killed either of them, however. The Stormtrooper struck in the back is on the floor and the spear is nowhere to be seen, so it looks like it just knocked him over.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

VT-16 wrote: This one shows it going through the front, but not the back-plate. Will try to find anything of that sort, if it exists.
Extreme close range, but this is a clear example of yet another case of someone not checking his goddamn sources and just making up whatever shit feels good at the time. In any event, we have multiple sources stating that they're proof against projectile weapons and one clear incident where a guy in Stormtrooper armor was lifted off his feet and slammed into a wall without injury to himself or damage to the armor, versus one comic.

EDIT: There's also Tatooine Ghost, where Tusken Raider rifle fire knocks Stormtrooper's over but does not penetrate their armor except at weakpoints like the eyeholes.
Last edited by Vympel on 2006-09-11 10:24am, edited 1 time in total.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Just as an incidental factor, a WH40K Exterminatus doesn't even have to involve DET weapons fire at all. Virus-bombing a planet such that all life on it is destroyed qualifies, for instance.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
VT-16
Sith Marauder

Post by VT-16 »

Haven't found any conclusive pictures that show it going through both sets of armor. There's one with a spear going in through the armor and out on the other side, but it's not clear if that was through the body glove or the backplate. He lived through it.
Russian
BANNED

Post by Russian »

2 [2 is a number not a word, the word you want is "To" and the fact is we have only one Vympel...]Vympel
"You are free to use whatever methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintergrations."
Right you are... But what to do with fighter attack on MF and TIE-Bombers bombing runs, strange tactics for when it is needed to bring prisoners...
Prove it.
Well 200 gigatonns is 5000 times a nuke, exploded over Novaya Zemlya in 1961, that was 50 megatons. 50 MT bomb caused shockwave breaked glass even in Sweden, seismic wave (weak of course) rounded the globe several times.. If detonated in open space it would TOTALLY oblitarate everything in 25 km at least . 200 000 megatons bomb would oblitarate everything in at least 3000 km radius. Well may be ISD require 50 or 60 shots for BDZ considering such power, but this contradicts canon. Well we see ISD in Episode 6 shot by heavy turbolaser, if it was 200 GT powerful, the ISD would be vaporised, but instead it only did damage causing the reactor to blow... I see no reason for Rebels not to shoot at full power...
Canon:
1) Movies - absolute canon
2) Novellizations
3) Other materials concerning films event and approved by Lucasfilms
Semicanon: EU materials
That means the armour is at least semi-penetrated, instead of spear been rejected. Noe think what the 7,62 mm armour piercing ingnition bullet shot from AKM would do to stormtrooper or a 7N10 armour-piercing bullet shot from AK-74...
No, they were guns.
Incorrect, in Episode 1 we see blaster bolts flying from tusken positions to racing pods...
I'll flame you as much as I like, fuckwit. You're a moron and you will be treated as such. I even edited my post because I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but I see now you're a fool and there's no need for moderation with you.
Оскорблять собеседника не лучший метод общения.
Так что пока выпейте йаду и отправляйтесь в Бобруйск....
2 Eleas
Oh, this is grand. Another dimwit who, upon reading the word "megaton," thinks it means "unit of nuclear explosion."
Only power of explosions is maesured in TNT equivalents, other energy figured are measured in joules...
2 Ted C
so we can conclude that its value lies in other areas.
exact? and other areas are protection from stun impulses of blasters, NBC protection and short-term vacuum life-support, not protection from firearms...
As I don't read Russian, I have no way of determining if there's any relevant information there.
See here
http://www.imperialbastion.ru/projects/ ... an0009.jpg
????? ?????? !!!!
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Russian wrote:
Canon:
2) Novellizations
I can't belive I'm getting involved.

Lets quote a rather nice source.
Anything in the films and from George Lucas (including unpublished internal notes that we might receive from him or from the film production department) is considered "G" canon. Next we have what we call continuity "C" canon which is pretty much everything else. There is secondary "S" continuity canon which we use for some older published materials and things that may or may not fit just right. But, if it is referenced in something else it becomes "C". Similarly, any "C" canon item that makes it into the films can become "G" canon. Lastly there is non-continuity "N" which we rarely use except in the case of a blatant contradiction or for things that have been cut.
Do you understand C canon? It is EVERYTHING starwars NOT contradicted by the movies or what Lucas has said.

Period.

This means the EU IS canon. No Ifs, no buts, UNLESS it is contradicted by the movies.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Russian wrote:Оскорблять собеседника не лучший метод общения.
This forum is an English-language forum. This means that you will use recognizable English. It also means that you will not use hacker dialect (aka "l33t-speak") or annoying IM habits such as "ur" in place of "you are". You will also use capitalization properly, not to mention punctuation, sentence breaks, paragraphs, etc. If you don't like to type decent English, either learn or leave. Greater allowances for deviation from proper English may be made for those for whom English is a second language, within reason. You must at least give the impression that you are sincerely trying to construct proper English sentences.
The very first rule in the announcements forum. You will obey it.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Russian
BANNED

Post by Russian »

Just as an incidental factor, a WH40K Exterminatus doesn't even have to involve DET weapons fire at all. Virus-bombing a planet such that all life on it is destroyed qualifies, for instance.
There are different ways of executing Exterminatus - virus bombs, "conventional" thermonuclear munitions bobardment to cyclon torpedoes ( causes atmospheric nuclear reaction, reduces planet's surface to slag) and geo-nukes ( they are EXTREMELY rare, blow the planer apart)
Single is purpose - destruction of all lifeforms on a planet...
????? ?????? !!!!
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Russian wrote: Right you are... But what to do with fighter attack on MF and TIE-Bombers bombing runs, strange tactics for when it is needed to bring prisoners...
They were trying to disable it, not destroy it.
Well 200 gigatonns is 5000 times a nuke
Stop. Since when is a turbolaser beam a nuke?
Well may be ISD require 50 or 60 shots for BDZ considering such power, but this contradicts canon. Well we see ISD in Episode 6 shot by heavy turbolaser, if it was 200 GT powerful, the ISD would be vaporised
Prove it.
but instead it only did damage causing the reactor to blow...
Prove it.
I see no reason for Rebels not to shoot at full power...
The RotJ novelization has Ackbar explicitly ordering the firepower on the main batteries to be doubled from an undetermined level.
Canon:
2) Novellizations
The EU is canon. It's not the same as the films, but it's still canon.
That means the armour is at least semi-penetrated, instead of spear been rejected. Noe think what the 7,62 mm armour piercing ingnition bullet shot from AKM would do to stormtrooper or a 7N10 armour-piercing bullet shot from AK-74...
I'm well aware of the armor piercing capabilities of 5.45x39mm rounds. I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate that a 5.45x39mm round is equivalent to lifting a man in Stormtrooper armor off his feet and slamming him into a wall (impossible for any bullet), as well as Stormtrooper armor taking Tusken Raider fire, and the other sources indicating it's impervious to bullets. Shatterpoint indicates that even backwater planets have access to hypersonic weapons that are considered inferior to blasters.
Incorrect, in Episode 1 we see blaster bolts flying from tusken positions to racing pods...
No, they're tracers. Watch the damn movie. They are not blaster bolts.
Оскорблять собеседника не лучший метод общения.
Convert your comments to English or face action.
exact? and other areas are protection from stun impulses of blasters, NBC protection and short-term vacuum life-support, not protection from firearms...
Except it has protected from firearms in the canon.
Last edited by Vympel on 2006-09-11 10:40am, edited 1 time in total.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Russian wrote: Right you are... But what to do with fighter attack on MF and TIE-Bombers bombing runs, strange tactics for when it is needed to bring prisoners...
Because those TIE attacks and bombing runs sure injured and killed the occupants of the Millenium Falcon. Yessir, they were definitely out to get them.
Prove it.
Well 200 gigatonns is 5000 times a nuke, exploded over Novaya Zemlya in 1961, that was 50 megatons. 50 MT bomb caused shockwave breaked glass even in Sweden, seismic wave (weak of course) rounded the globe several times.. If detonated in open space it would TOTALLY oblitarate everything in 25 km at least . 200 000 megatons bomb would oblitarate everything in at least 3000 km radius. Well may be ISD require 50 or 60 shots for BDZ considering such power, but this contradicts canon. Well we see ISD in Episode 6 shot by heavy turbolaser, if it was 200 GT powerful, the ISD would be vaporised, but instead it only did damage causing the reactor to blow... I see no reason for Rebels not to shoot at full power...
That's not a proof, you little dog turd. You're stringing unsupported claims together into a vacuous paragraph with no argument whatsoever: that's not proof; it's more akin to slugshit, just like the vomitous, quivering mass which was once your brain.
Canon:
2) Novellizations
More goddamn question-begging. Do you not understand the concept of "proof"? "Evidence"? Or are you like those fucking retards who think that an argument can consist of repeatedly stating the same claims over and over and over again?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Russian wrote:
There are different ways of executing Exterminatus - virus bombs, "conventional" thermonuclear munitions bobardment to cyclon torpedoes ( causes atmospheric nuclear reaction, reduces planet's surface to slag) and geo-nukes ( they are EXTREMELY rare, blow the planer apart)
Single is purpose - destruction of all lifeforms on a planet...
I know that. What I was trying, and evidently failing, to get across was that comparing a Base Delta Zero to an unspecified Exterminatus is pointless, not to mention marginally deceptive, because of the widely varying methods used by the Imperium to execute the destruction of a planet's life.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Also he's yet another fuckwit that seems to think atmospheric effects should occur in space.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Russian wrote:2 [2 is a number not a word, the word you want is "To" and the fact is we have only one Vympel...]Vympel
Right you are... But what to do with fighter attack on MF and TIE-Bombers bombing runs, strange tactics for when it is needed to bring prisoners...
Bombs that did little appreciable damage. They were trying to flush thhem out you imbecile!
Prove it.
200 000 megatons bomb would oblitarate everything in at least 3000 km radius.
Oh really.

Yield (megatons)
Calculated Values
Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns)
1738.9 km
Air blast radius (widespread destruction)
405.5 km
Air blast radius (near-total fatalities)
153.6 km
Ionizing radiation radius (500 rem)
31.7 km
Fireball duration
1093.1 sec
Fireball radius (minimum)
57 km
Fireball radius (airburst)
69.7 km
Fireball radius (ground-contact airburst)
91.9 km

'Obliterate anything in a 3000km radius', eh? Not that ANY of that is even within hailing distance of the damage needed for a BDZ which melts a planet's crust.
Well may be ISD require 50 or 60 shots for BDZ considering such power, but this contradicts canon.
No it doesn't and no it doesn't. Not that you have any clue what canon or a BDZ is, apparently.
Well we see ISD in Episode 6 shot by heavy turbolaser, if it was 200 GT powerful, the ISD would be vaporised
As evidenced by what, exactly? Canon mass and composition of an ISD even assuming it didn't have to go through the shields first?
, but instead it only did damage causing the reactor to blow... I see no reason for Rebels not to shoot at full power...
I no reason for no shields being involved or the ISD being vapourized.
SNIPPY total ignorance of the canon hierarchy
You know of course the mass, composition, and impact velocity of the spear. Stormtrooper armour survived impacts that picked the wearer bodily up and threw it several meters. No penetration.
Oh, this is grand. Another dimwit who, upon reading the word "megaton," thinks it means "unit of nuclear explosion."
Only power of explosions is maesured in TNT equivalents, other energy figured are measured in joules...
And a megaton happens to be 4.2E15 joules. Oops. More ignorance. MT is an official unit of energy.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

That was some rather unkind things to say in Russian, tovarisch.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Wanderer
Jedi Master

Post by Wanderer »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:That was some rather unkind things to say in Russian, tovarisch.
Can you translate for everyone please. Or is it best that you protect us.
Amateurs study Logistics, Professionals study Economics.
Dale Cozort (slightly out of context quote)