[Wyrdnyrd] I am crybaby, hear me roar!

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

WyrdNyrd
Jedi Knight

[Wyrdnyrd] I am crybaby, hear me roar!

Post by WyrdNyrd »

...shouted the speck.

Remember - This is Mike's house, and we are guests here. You show respect and consideration for your host, you don't piss on his carpet. This is just basic decency, something your mama taught you before you were five years old!

And if your host is a belligerent asshole, you still don't have an excuse to piss on his carpet. You just get up and leave - no-one is forcing you to stay!

Cheers, folks, it's been fun. But maybe now I've left, I'll actually get some work done. I was wasting far too much time here anyway.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Quitting?
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Mike flamed you, so now you're running away like a bitch?

:wtf:

Well, good riddence than, I guess.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

You know, it'd be nice if when people quit they just dissapeared. That way they don't look like idiots when they come back. I've only seem one person say that they quit and actually stayed quit: Rober Walper.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Man, I've been flamed by all kinds of people. Sterner stuff, or just stupid? You decide.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Adrian Laguna wrote:You know, it'd be nice if when people quit they just dissapeared. That way they don't look like idiots when they come back. I've only seem one person say that they quit and actually stayed quit: Rober Walper.
Probably one reason for that is that he requested to be banned so he would be able to quit for good.

Though I suppose you're right, in that he has never requested to be unbanned as far as I know.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Is it bad that I don't know who this guy claiming to be significant is? :wink:
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

If I recall correctly, you've made numerous decent contributions to discussions in PSW (you were the guy with the Dune avatar, right?), and as such, it's somewhat of a shame to see you go.

Nevertheless, flamming during debate simply goes with the territory here, and some people flame more than others; throwing a fit and walking off in an indignant huff simply because it happened to you simply makes you look foolish.

Wounded egos are quick to mend, if one can merely forget about them.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Did you guys hear something?
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

Darth Raptor wrote:Did you guys hear something?
I'm not sure, it sort of sounded like some n00b couldn't take the heat, so he ran out of the kitchen with his tail between his legs. :roll:

Or it may have been the pitiful mewling of a small frightened animal.

They just sound so similar. :wink:
Zero
Jedi Council Member
Location: Trying to find the divide between real memories and false ones.

Post by Zero »

Best of luck, WyrdNerd fellow...

Can't help but feel that this is my fault.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Darth Raptor wrote:Did you guys hear something?
*takes earplugs out*

Wha-?

Seriously. WyrdNyrd I've been flamed by Mike Wong before, usually because I said something poorly thought out or stupid. I still kick around here, because it's still fun.

If it's no longer fun for you, then bon voyage.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

That's too bad, WyrdNyrd. But if you feel that you don't like it here anymore then you're probably right in leaving.

Best of luck to ya!
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
OmegaGuy
Retarded Spambot

Post by OmegaGuy »

I've been flamed so many times in my internet history that you could write an encyclopedia of all the times I've been flamed.

I'm kind of indifferent to it now, so I find it hard to understand how a person could actually get upset over it.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

OmegaGuy wrote:I'm kind of indifferent to it now, so I find it hard to understand how a person could actually get upset over it.
Meh, if you're not used to it I don't think it would be a very pleasant experience at all. That said, we cannot know that it was the reason for his departure. I haven't read the thread in question (yet anyway), but maybe he didn't like the culture here much to begin with.
Noble Ire wrote:If I recall correctly, you've made numerous decent contributions to discussions in PSW (you were the guy with the Dune avatar, right?), and as such, it's somewhat of a shame to see you go.
That's Wyrm with the Dune avatar, I think. WyrdNyrd used himself as avatar IIRC (I remember a thread where he jumped on that bandwagon (if you can call it that)).
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Whaaa? :?
Ok, look WyrdNyrd, you've been flamed by Darth Wong, I've been flamed by Wong, we've all been flamed by Wong and most of us have flammed back.

Conradulations, you've taken your first step to becoming a man, it's not the end of the world. It's mearly a new start as you finaly wake up to the fact that prehaps your parents were right, and you were not in fact... always right.

So quit your bitching suck it up and move on.
Oh and this thread moved to HoS in case you are serious and this is not in fact a rather bad joke.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Jesus christ, I felt a bit hurt when Wong flamed me one time or another but for the love of god, it was because I deserved it and you most likely do too.

It'd be nice to know which thread this started from...
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Civil War Man wrote:Though I suppose you're right, in that he has never requested to be unbanned as far as I know.
That would be an exercise in utter futility for him.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Zero wrote:Best of luck, WyrdNerd fellow...

Can't help but feel that this is my fault.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. If he wants to be an emoing whiny little bitch and run away because he got flamed and couldn't handle it, well, that's his problem.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

He got one thing right: Nobody is forcing you to like it here. Let this be a reminder to people who like to bitch about the way things are done here, or who has it in their heads that they deserve attention. We have had enough people who take themselves too seriously here, or develop an unhealthy fixation with the place even after they're shown the door.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

I'm waiting for Mike to see this, read it as a ban request, and do what we do to people who ask for bans. :roll:
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Re: I AM SIGNIFICANT!

Post by AdmiralKanos »

WyrdNyrd wrote:...shouted the speck.

Remember - This is Mike's house, and we are guests here. You show respect and consideration for your host, you don't piss on his carpet. This is just basic decency, something your mama taught you before you were five years old!

And if your host is a belligerent asshole, you still don't have an excuse to piss on his carpet. You just get up and leave - no-one is forcing you to stay!
Except that you already did, by employing strawman distortions of his position.

When you distort someone's position and he flames you, it's pretty pathetic to run away crying about how mean he was. But if you want to run crying out of here like a bitch because I flamed you for strawmanning me, I won't miss you.

PS. Hint to others: it's true that not every person will like every board culture. There may be plenty of decent people out there who just don't like our board culture, in which it's OK to flame and swear if you think the other person is wrong or has misrepresented you. But here's a hint about that whole "civility" thing; if civility is that important to you and you don't like the way a place is, just leave. It's not hard to do; just stop posting. Trying to put on airs of superiority as you leave is no more "civil" than simply insulting people.

I've left a forum before after spending considerable time there, and when I did it, I didn't try to post some supercilious statement on their forum about how I'm too good for them and their policies. I simply stopped going there.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy