[Prodigal Son] Doesn't know what reaction time is

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

Surlethe wrote:
React to it before it happens. Is this so hard to grasp? They know about it before it happens; thus, they react before the event occurs.

And is the notion of reaction times so hard to grasp? or is it the notion that the jedi arent infallible that stirs you up more? Anyways

Lets say you have precognition, and I shoot a bullet at your face, you know its going to happen, right? but you cant move your body physically fast enough to dodge it, the precognition doesnt amp up your speed to keep up with what you are seeing
I think I'm unique!
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Prodigal Son wrote:Is that all you people are capable of? calling people who dont agree with your opinion morons? wow, and you dare to complain about CBR?
The difference is here, along with calling people illiterate pigfucking shiteating morons when they're stupid, we tend to do this little thing called "make a point". Perhaps you haven't heard of it, you brown-faced asslicker; your behavior isn't increasing my opinion of you at all: inbred retard that you are, I'd have thought you could at least make some valid point in your post. I have been proven wrong once more.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

SirNitram wrote:
Is this all you're capable of? Ignoring arguments and discussions and whining about being called a name, when you already declared people here..
Ignoring arguments? your the ones who stick your fingers in your ears and scream real loud "LA LA LA PRECOG LA LA LA JEDI WIN LA LA LA" oh, and as to my obnoxious remark, that was directed at the CBR members, yet now it seems to apply here as well
..Because they didn't come to a conclusion you liked?
No, not at all
I think I'm unique!
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Prodigal Son wrote:
Surlethe wrote:
React to it before it happens. Is this so hard to grasp? They know about it before it happens; thus, they react before the event occurs.

And is the notion of reaction times so hard to grasp? or is it the notion that the jedi arent infallible that stirs you up more? Anyways

Lets say you have precognition, and I shoot a bullet at your face, you know its going to happen, right? but you cant move your body physically fast enough to dodge it, the precognition doesnt amp up your speed to keep up with what you are seeing
Precognition, moron: You react before the guy even lifts the pistol. That's the whole 'before' part, implied by 'pre'. Or are you just illiterate, like your fellow apologist?
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

Surlethe wrote:
The difference is here, along with calling people illiterate pigfucking shiteating morons when they're stupid, we tend to do this little thing called "make a point". Perhaps you haven't heard of it, you brown-faced asslicker; your behavior isn't increasing my opinion of you at all: inbred retard that you are, I'd have thought you could at least make some valid point in your post. I have been proven wrong once more.
Wow, and I thought CBR was bad
I think I'm unique!
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Prodigal Son wrote:
SirNitram wrote:
Is this all you're capable of? Ignoring arguments and discussions and whining about being called a name, when you already declared people here..
Ignoring arguments? your the ones who stick your fingers in your ears and scream real loud "LA LA LA PRECOG LA LA LA JEDI WIN LA LA LA" oh, and as to my obnoxious remark, that was directed at the CBR members, yet now it seems to apply here as well
Liiiiiiiiar. You said 'every board has obnoxious idiot posters' and cited the superman example. Don't lie: Your posts are held for posterity. Here, I'll quote it at you.
I will point out that I have seen people on this board try to actually argue that anyone from the SW's universe could beat superman,
every board has their obnoxious ignorant posters who always have to be right
I hate liars. Don't do it again.

And citing precog is an argument, bitch. Don't like it? Too bad. It's as real as Superman's heat vision.
..Because they didn't come to a conclusion you liked?
No, not at all
Liar. As shown.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Prodigal Son wrote:
Surlethe wrote:

What the fuck part of PRECOGNITION do you not understand? It means you know about it before it happens! Reaction times are a fucking red herring, moron.
I know it's going to happen, so I get the fuck out of the way before you shoot it, you ignorant cumsucker. That's the entire fucking point of precognition; apparently, I shouldn't have assumed you are able to understand a basic English word longer than three syllables.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

SirNitram wrote:
Precognition, moron: You react before the guy even lifts the pistol. That's the whole 'before' part, implied by 'pre'. Or are you just illiterate, like your fellow apologist?

Really? so why didnt they react before the clone troopers fired on them? explain that without playing it off as a "surprise!" ok?
I think I'm unique!
Dangermouse
Jedi Knight

Post by Dangermouse »

In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda makes the comment that the future is always in motion and it is difficult to see. I would assume that more temporally distant events are harder to see. So my question is, how far into the future can Jedi/Sith use precognition with reasonable accuracy? Are there any examples from within the EU that give us a reasonable estimate of this time?

If the delay between when the Jedi/Sith sense the event and when the event occurs is less than the Jedi's presumably biomechanically limited response/action time, then the precog would not matter.
Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

Surlethe wrote:
What the fuck part of PRECOGNITION do you not understand? It means you know about it before it happens! Reaction times are a fucking red herring, moron.
and what part of "THEIR PRECOG ISNT ALWAYS RELIABLE" dont you understand you prepubescent little bitch?
I think I'm unique!
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Prodigal Son wrote:
SirNitram wrote:

Really? so why didnt they react before the clone troopers fired on them? explain that without playing it off as a "surprise!" ok?
Why not? Because you don't like it? Too bad, it's perfectly valid. This is why you're viewed as a fanwhore: You keep trying to artificially limit things away from the logical conclusions.

Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

Dangermouse wrote:In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda makes the comment that the future is always in motion and it is difficult to see. I would assume that more temporally distant events are harder to see. So my question is, how far into the future can Jedi/Sith use precognition with reasonable accuracy? Are there any examples from within the EU that give us a reasonable estimate of this time?

If the delay between when the Jedi/Sith sense the event and when the event occurs is less than the Jedi's presumably biomechanically limited response/action time, then the precog would not matter.

watch out, youre gonna have 39393 douchebags on your ass now
I think I'm unique!
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Prodigal Son wrote:
Surlethe wrote:
and what part of "THEIR PRECOG ISNT ALWAYS RELIABLE" dont you understand you prepubescent little bitch?
Ooooo, look, the little fanwhore is now throwing insults! But he was so shocked at the idea of being called a moron!

This guy is heading for the Hall Of Shame. No question.

Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

SirNitram wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Why not? Because you don't like it? Too bad, it's perfectly valid. This is why you're viewed as a fanwhore: You keep trying to artificially limit things away from the logical conclusions.

But if precog is as good as you say they CANT BE SURPRISED YOU FUCKING MORON, stick to one or the other
I think I'm unique!
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Dangermouse wrote:If the delay between when the Jedi/Sith sense the event and when the event occurs is less than the Jedi's presumably biomechanically limited response/action time, then the precog would not matter.
Recall the incident in TPM: Jedi are able to physically ramp up their response time. So, it took the Jedi three frames (IIRC) to move out of the blaster bolt's way down the hall. Further, IIRC, they phased themselves through the blaster; or was that just a visual illusion?
F. Douglass
Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

SirNitram wrote:
Ooooo, look, the little fanwhore is now throwing insults! But he was so shocked at the idea of being called a moron!

This guy is heading for the Hall Of Shame. No question.

and now he patronizes me, is that the limits of your intelligence you star wars fanboy?
I think I'm unique!
Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

Surlethe wrote:
Recall the incident in TPM: Jedi are able to physically ramp up their response time. So, it took the Jedi three frames (IIRC) to move out of the blaster bolt's way down the hall. Further, IIRC, they phased themselves through the blaster; or was that just a visual illusion?

Blaster bolts are visible to the human eye, i can SEE them being fired, they are nowhere near as fast as superman, surely you'd know what being ever so intelligent
I think I'm unique!
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Dangermouse wrote:In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda makes the comment that the future is always in motion and it is difficult to see. I would assume that more temporally distant events are harder to see. So my question is, how far into the future can Jedi/Sith use precognition with reasonable accuracy? Are there any examples from within the EU that give us a reasonable estimate of this time?

We knew he could see the event fairly clearly on Bespin, and that was many lightyears away. I don't see a reason why only the temporal dimension would be limiting, still, it establishes he can see with a high degree of accuracy, across probably hundreds or thousands of lightyears, hours in advance.

That's well and away enough to fight anyone.

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Prodigal Son wrote:
Surlethe wrote:
You yourself fucking admitted it, motherfucker: their combat precog is reliable. Right here:
Prodigal Son wrote:it seems precog seems to fail them when they need it most, and only seems to kick in during pod races and when blasters are being fired at them
Oops! Is the little weasel exposed in his lie? Yes. Will he deep throat elephant cock to try to squeeze out through some nitpick? That ... remains to be seen.
F. Douglass
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Prodigal Son wrote:and now he patronizes me, is that the limits of your intelligence you star wars fanboy?
Give me an argument to reply to and I'll debate you. But you've decided you'd rather whine about insults and scream and throw a tantrum. So, until I decide to retire to my wife's side, I'll mock you. It's fun.

If you want to debate, of course, you're welcome to try.

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

In Empire Strikes Back, Yoda makes the comment that the future is always in motion and it is difficult to see. I would assume that more temporally distant events are harder to see. So my question is, how far into the future can Jedi/Sith use precognition with reasonable accuracy? Are there any examples from within the EU that give us a reasonable estimate of this time?
Largely, its a few seconds, although typically less time. However, Jedi do seem to have a "Spidey Sense" so to speak, and can tell if danger is immient.
True, but the only times when a Jedi has proven physically too slow to react to something is either when their overwhelmed by sheer volume of fire, or when they are taken be complete and utter suprise (Order 66.) In the latter instance, the entire war, and Clone training was leading up to that moment, and Clone responses were tailored to made it very difficult for Jedi to predict the attack (although some did notice it, too late.)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Prodigal Son wrote:
Surlethe wrote:

Blaster bolts are visible to the human eye, i can SEE them being fired, they are nowhere near as fast as superman, surely you'd know what being ever so intelligent
Hey, you illiterate pigfucker: I was making a point about Jedi reaction times, not making a comparative argument between Superman and Jedi. Is that so hard to fucking understand, you assmonkey?
F. Douglass
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Prodigal Son wrote:
SirNitram wrote:Why not? Because you don't like it? Too bad, it's perfectly valid. This is why you're viewed as a fanwhore: You keep trying to artificially limit things away from the logical conclusions.

But if precog is as good as you say they CANT BE SURPRISED YOU FUCKING MORON, stick to one or the other
Strawman fallacy, you lying little hypocrit. Oh, wait. You're so far from logical and sensible you don't know what fallacies are, do you?

Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

Surlethe wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote: You yourself fucking admitted it, motherfucker: their combat precog is reliable. Right here:
Prodigal Son wrote:it seems precog seems to fail them when they need it most, and only seems to kick in during pod races and when blasters are being fired at them
Are you fucking retarded? do I have to retype what you just fucking quoted? I will, and I'll do it slowly: it only seems to kick in during pod races and when blasters are being fired at them how does this stand up against a being who can move faster than light you cunt?
I think I'm unique!
Prodigal Son
Youngling

Post by Prodigal Son »

SirNitram wrote:
Strawman fallacy, you lying little hypocrit. Oh, wait. You're so far from logical and sensible you don't know what fallacies are, do you?

So basically, you have no real reasons as to why the jedi were gunned down, nor do you have a reason why palpatine didnt see vader was about to toss his ass down a long shaft, gotcha
I think I'm unique!