Fear the mighty XANATOS, hater of nBSG

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Luzifer's right hand
Jedi Master

Post by Luzifer's right hand »

18-Till-I-Die wrote: Unfortunately it doesnt, and it's largely boring. Come on! Am i the only one who thought the original was FUN and ENTERTAINING? All that gritty depressing bullshit in the new BSG makes me just roll my eyes and change teh channel most of the time. I'm not one to even do that most of the time but after a while i just said "ALL RIGHT! I get it! There is NO HOPE at all, ok, we get it Moore! Jesus! Go write Goth poetry then, God!" and turned to Matlock.
Even I think that nBSG is much better than the original, and I prefer "fun" TV-series(like SG-1) myself.
I asked The Lord, "Why hath thou forsaken me?" And He spoke unto me saying, "j00 R n00b 4 3VR", And I was like "stfu -_-;;"
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Well millions of people disagree with me on a lot, really it IS a matter of taste. I instantly concede the FX and action on the new show is way better than the old BSG, though i prefered the old ship designs, especially the Cylon designs, way more. I just grow tired of the constant gloom and doom. It gets...old after about half a season and it doesnt stand up to the test of time, after seeing the eps again they arent nearly as exciting as the first time. Me i just enjoy being entertained, fun, and explosions. 'Complexity' and 'grittiness' and shaky 24-like cameras dont appeal to moi. To each their own.

Or as Xanatos would say:

U SUCK GO FUCK HELL
I CANT STOP THE CAPS LOCK!!!!

XANATOS :lol:
Kanye West Saves.

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Same here. I got it for Christmas two years ago and enjoy it a lot, but it just can't compare to the new series in many different respects.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Damn it. I was replying to DocHorror with the above, but got swept away.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Destructionator XIII wrote:I wonder if XANATOS has even watched the new show?
THE NEW SHOW IS THE ANTICHRIST YOU
SATAN OF COURSE I HAVE NOT WATCHED
IT GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH A SHARP
SATANIC PHALLUS

XANATOS
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Which reminds me, i got to find the Old-BSG compleet series DVDs, i was gonna get them for my birthday last year but it was that or Firefly complete series and well...

It was Firefly...i mean...there was never a choice.
Kanye West Saves.

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

This XANATOS bores me. I suspect we won't be seeing much more of his antics if this is his usual MO.

Locked.

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

it would be nice if you, you know, lock it. :P

have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Hey, I did, comrade! Just because you got in before I clicked the button. Shame on you for doubting my mental faculties.

Why did I lock this again? Oh, yeah...
The Wookiee
Lex Wookos

Post by The Wookiee »

The user known as "XANATOS" has been found guilty by this administrator of violations of rules PR1, PR13, DR1, DR4, AR6, the Spoilers rule and for generally being a worthless, incomprehensible negative-net-gain poster. fgalkin was kind enough to file these charges and has also provided the following evidence:

One - Two - Three - Four

For these violations, "XANATOS" has been resynched, branded, stripped and permanently banned from Stardestroyer.net.

So it is said, so it is done, this day the 31st of July 2005 at 8:02pm EDT.
"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: Let The Wookiee win."
SDnet BBS Administrator: Service With A Roar (And A Hydrospanner)
Knight of the Order of the Galactic Empire

Do not taunt The Wookiee.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Moved to Parting Shots.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

The best thing Mike ever did for this board was writing up the rules in such a way that we could cite them all legal-like. The second best thing was creating Parting Shots. Away we go.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues