[mwm1331]

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

mwm1331 wrote:Thats a different matter.
The fact tht the earth revolves around the sun is exactly that, a fact. Whether there is a ethical or moral justificaton for outlawing breastfeeding in public is subjective. There is no right or wrong beyond what society decides.
Ethics and morals, when religon is taken out of the equation are relative, we as a society decide what is ethical and or moral.
That is beside the point. You claimed that you always took the opposite position when you saw only one opinion being posted in a thread. This entails the possibility, nay, the inevitability that you will defend asinine positions.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Flakin
Jedi Knight

Post by Flakin »

Oh goody, another contrarian.

Onto the point at hand, I know I wouldn't like to eat my lunch in the shitter, I don't see why baby should have to either.
EBC: Mississippi Division Sleeper Unit "The Sad Weimaraners".
mwm1331
BANNED

Post by mwm1331 »

Lord Zentei wrote:
The fact tht the earth revolves around the sun is exactly that, a fact. Whether there is a ethical or moral justificaton for outlawing breastfeeding in public is subjective. There is no right or wrong beyond what society decides.
Ethics and morals, when religon is taken out of the equation are relative, we as a society decide what is ethical and or moral.
That is beside the point. You claimed that you always took the opposite position when you saw only one opinion being posted in a thread. This entails the possibility, nay, the inevitability that you will defend asinine positions.
Will and have, haven't you read ths thread? :P
I Ijust signed up to deliberately post bullshit I don't even agree with in order to get a reaction, which is the textbook definition of trolling.

BTW, my E-mail address is mwm1369@aol.com
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

mwm1331 wrote:
Lord Zentei wrote:
Will and have, haven't you read ths thread? :P
In other words, you admit that you are deliberately trolling.

I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
mwm1331
BANNED

Post by mwm1331 »

I prefer to think of it as challenging peoples beliefs.
Not to mention seeing what tactics others use in debates I might find myself in or already have done so.
Granted I dont always have the abillity to argue a given point based on my knowledge base, but often defending an untenable position is the most effecient way to learn more about a position I hold.
Besides unless there is only a single idea beng espoused I weigh in based on my own beliefs.
I Ijust signed up to deliberately post bullshit I don't even agree with in order to get a reaction, which is the textbook definition of trolling.

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

mwm1331 wrote:I prefer to think of it as challenging peoples beliefs.
Not to mention seeing what tactics others use in debates I might find myself in or already have done so.
Granted I dont always have the abillity to argue a given point based on my knowledge base, but often defending an untenable position is the most effecient way to learn more about a position I hold.
Besides unless there is only a single idea beng espoused I weigh in based on my own beliefs.
This has to be one of the longest winded bullshit posts I've seen of why someone deliberately derailed a thread.

I will give you that, it's nice you have learned to use a shitload of words to go "I took the bullshit position."
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
mwm1331
BANNED

Post by mwm1331 »

How did I derail the thread? The thread was about breastfeeding in public, my posts were about breastfeeding in public.

Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

mwm1331 wrote:How did I derail the thread? The thread was about breastfeeding in public, my posts were about breastfeeding in public.
You derailed the thread by making stupid posts about breastfeeding in public. Derailing threads while staying on topic is quite possible if you act like an idiot while doing so.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

mwm1331 wrote:How did I derail the thread? The thread was about breastfeeding in public, my posts were about breastfeeding in public.
Because I've seen my cat demonstarte less "Who me?" bullshit.
Well considering that in two pages I had not seen a single contrary opinion I felt it necessary to play devils advocate.
Or is are you one of those people who want to give lterary handjobs and only discuss with those who agree with you?
And BTW cairbir I was merley pointing out that the "its totally natural" argument alone is not enough to justify allowing breastfeeding in public, many things which are quite natural are not allowed in public. ie sex, defecation etc.
So you enter a thread with the sole PURPOSE to derail it. You didn't enter the thread because you honestly thought differently or had a different POV...you entered the thread by your own fucking admission to play DA.

And then insult someone who goes and tells you to justify your little asswipe behavior. You do grasp to actually back your yabbering and not go "Well, I'm just saying..."
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
mwm1331
BANNED

Post by mwm1331 »

So you consider posting a contrary view to be "thread derailng"
Noted.

Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

No, you imbecile. You derailed the thread due to your intentional devil's advocate stance.

Contrary views are fine, provided they are made honestly, and on defensible ground. Yours was neither.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

mwm1331 wrote:So you consider posting a contrary view to be "thread derailng"
Noted.
Hey, mwm1331. Freindly word to the not-so-wise. You are in the HOS. Cut your losses while you can and can the shit. You are in trouble not for disagreeing but for your self professed trolling.

mwm1331
BANNED

Post by mwm1331 »

Uhuh so now taking a contrary poston to turn a me too thread into an actual debate is trolling?
Fine dropped.

Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

It was hardly a me too thread to begin with. There are people here called Moderators and THEY decide if a thread is a cheap +1 me too. They didn't so fuck off back under your bridge fucknuts
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

mwm1331 wrote:Uhuh so now taking a contrary poston to turn a me too thread into an actual debate is trolling?
Fine dropped.
You were not attempting an actual debate as you admitted yourself right here on this thread, wiseass. I have already pointed this out to you.

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic. ... 6&start=84

Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Uhuh so now taking a contrary poston to turn a me too thread into an actual debate is trolling?
You were deliberately playing devil's advocate and arguing from a position that had already been refuted. That does not contribute a debate.
mwm1331
BANNED

Post by mwm1331 »

Whether or not I believe in a position has no relevance on whether I am honestly attempting to debate a position.
I can honestly debate in favor of abortion even though I do not believe in abortion.
The fact that I took a contrary position has no relevance on whether or not I am attempting to debate it.
Now I may not have done a very good job of debating it, however that is quite dfferent from intentionally deraling a thread.
I was attempting to spark at least a little debate as everyone posting seemed rather one sided in thier take on the subject.
I was also attempting to get someone to at least examine what I perceived to be a kneejerk reaction.
I was not attempting to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing I was doing so because human nature being what it is very few people actaully examine thier own positions unless forced to defend them.
But hey yu wanna call it trolling whatever.

:roll:

Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Taking an opposite opinion just for the sake of it is the very defination of a troll, particularily in a thread where the oposing arguement had ALREADY BEEN REFUTED the the owner and admin of this board among other people.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

"Debating" in favour of asinine positions that have already been refuted using the same arguments ad nauseam is not a debate. It is a waste of time and bandwidth. This is called trolling.

Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Did this new troll have that stupid sig before this thread or just add it to try to act morally superior?
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Mayabird wrote:Did this new troll have that stupid sig before this thread or just add it to try to act morally superior?
The latter methinks.

Good grief why can this fool not post a concession without attaching a wiseass comeback to it? Does he not he understand that unless he concedes gracefully he is not conceding at all?

mwm1331
BANNED

Post by mwm1331 »

Look I didnt feel I was trolling nor did I see anyone refute the arguments I had advanced at any point in the thread. If the same arguments had been posted in prior threads on the subject I was unaware of it.
It was not my intention to troll.

Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Your opinion, troll, is not unlike your penis. Useless and deformed. I'm sure Hitler didn't think he was a mass murderer either that does not change the fact that he was.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

mwm1331 wrote:Look I didnt feel I was trolling nor did I see anyone refute the arguments I had advanced at any point in the thread. If the same arguments had been posted in prior threads on the subject I was unaware of it.
If that is an apology, then I suggest you be more clear.

Say, "I apologize, I shall not do it again", and with no comebacks or justifications.

AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

No, it was your intention to troll; posting things you don't sincerely believe just to see the reaction is the textbook definition of trolling. And with that, you are history.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy