[mwm1331]

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Nick Lancaster
Padawan Learner

Nursing Rooms

Post by Nick Lancaster »

Activate Fundie Emulation Mode w/ Sarcasm Chip Enabled ...

In the United States, it would seem the objection is 'wasted space'. Heaven forbid that we should have to assign and furnish a room, let alone maintain it, and thus have a space which does not produce income. (Restrooms differ, as they are often the minimum space needed to accomodate this instance, and they are necessary for the employees as well as the patrons.)

Then there's the whole security issue, I mean, how do we make sure ONLY nursing mothers use this room? We can't use security cameras, because then these breast-feeding valkyries will accuse us of invading their privacy, but they don't mind exposing themselves in public.

I mean, next we'll have rooms for couples who want to shag each other. If we allow this, the moral fabric of society will crumble, the End Times will arrive and we'll all be swept up in the Rapture ... hey, wait a minute, I'm a fundie, I *want* the End Times to come ...

[/i]Terminate Fundie Emulation Mode. CPU says it hurts.[/i]

====

As for 'being contrary to be contrary,' cognition is not required to say, "No, it isn't."

What MWM failed to note is that the responses were not 'me too' (certainly, as a man, I'm not a particularly credible advocate for breast-feeding in public), but explained each member's objections and/or reasons for agreeing.

Bringing up the diaper changing argument did several things:

- Equated excretory/sanitary functions to the feeding process.
- Failed to explain why it's wrong to change baby's diapers on the lunch table, but it's acceptable to send mom into a room designed for excretory functions to feed the baby.
- Demonstrated a complete inability to parse a logical argument.

May I humbly suggest that if you want to hone your debating skills, you actually engage in thinking, rather than point-and-shoot babbling?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Nursing Rooms

Post by General Zod »

Nick Lancaster wrote:
May I humbly suggest that if you want to hone your debating skills, you actually engage in thinking, rather than point-and-shoot babbling?
bit slow on the draw there. he's already been banned.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Mayabird wrote:Did this new troll have that stupid sig before this thread or just add it to try to act morally superior?
I'd recomend you to be a little more careful in the criticism of the Lord Wong's works.
:D
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Frank Hipper wrote:
Mayabird wrote:Did this new troll have that stupid sig before this thread or just add it to try to act morally superior?
I'd recomend you to be a little more careful in the criticism of the Lord Wong's works.
So the answer to Mayabird's question is 'no' and 'no'
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Nick Lancaster
Padawan Learner

Re: Nursing Rooms

Post by Nick Lancaster »

Darth_Zod wrote:
Nick Lancaster wrote:
bit slow on the draw there. he's already been banned.
Preventative discourse, sometimes you have to flush twice.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Darth Servo wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:
:lol: If memory serves, the troll's sig changed somewhat since I answered the question earlier.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

Lord Zentei wrote:
Darth Servo wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:I'd recomend you to be a little more careful in the criticism of the Lord Wong's works.
:lol: If memory serves, the troll's sig changed somewhat since I answered the question earlier.
:lol: Yeah, my post is kinda obsolete now. Previously the sig had been something along the lines of "u can't brek my self esteem cuz ur all imatur nerds bean meenieheads anonimusly." It was pretty obvious we'd all gotten to him before the "Terminate him!" pic got exercised.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.