[Ahurazithramis]

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Ahurazithramis
BANNED

[Ahurazithramis]

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Nothing wrong with that. After all, there was alot less nitpicking back when fundamentalism began.

Split from this thread by RedImperator. This is the thread which led to Ahurazithramis's banning.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Ahurazithramis wrote:As for what christianity thinks about witchcraft: It doesn't matter. What does matter is that we shouldn't have to have anything to do with witchcraft. Forcing us to involve ourselves in that would be like a jew being forced to eat pork or shrimp.
As Jewish folk have learned to basically ignore pork in supermarket, so can Christians learn to turn the other cheek to Pagan prayers.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

That doesn't work. A mage giving their prayers would(or might) endanger us, a christian giving our prayers would not.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Ahurazithramis wrote:That doesn't work. A mage giving their prayers would(or might) endanger us, a christian giving our prayers would not.
A Christian giving our prayers would (or might) endanger us! What if Thor became jealous, and smote them with a bolt of lightning?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Ahurazithramis wrote:That doesn't work. A mage giving their prayers would(or might) endanger us, a christian giving our prayers would not.
... are you some kind of moron? :?

Your narrow minded views aren't enough justification to curtail religious freedoms.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Thinkmarble
Jedi Knight

Post by Thinkmarble »

In other words christian prayers have no effect ?
*amused*

Seriously get your facts straight, bein a wicca does not mean being a witch, two different concepts.
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Trouble is, the pagan deities have the same mentality as the worshipers. They don't care. It's not about God being jealous, it's about dancing on swords expecting not to get cut.
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Thinkmarble wrote:
In other words christian prayers have no effect ?
*amused*

Seriously get your facts straight, bein a wicca does not mean being a witch, two different concepts.
I know. The Bible's instruction was to have absolutely nothing to do with a witch. Wicca and witchcraft may not be the same but it has to do quite a lot with witchcraft.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

What the fuck did you do, roll for stupidity? Mages and whatnot have no real power and theres no proof that supports any claim otherwise. Stop pulling this "omgz, teh mages are teh doom" and "everything, even secularism is a religion!" bullshit. Are you going to claim that atheism is a religion, too?

As already stated, the government and religion are supposed to remain seperate from one another. This is what Thomas Jefferson wanted and what is right and proper. Anything else is unsuitable.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
A Christian giving our prayers would (or might) endanger us! What if Thor became jealous, and smote them with a bolt of lightning?
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Aya wrote:
What the fuck did you do, roll for stupidity? Mages and whatnot have no real power and theres no proof that supports any claim otherwise. Stop pulling this "omgz, teh mages are teh doom" and "everything, even secularism is a religion!" bullshit. Are you going to claim that atheism is a religion, too?

As already stated, the government and religion are supposed to remain seperate from one another. This is what Thomas Jefferson wanted and what is right and proper. Anything else is unsuitable.
Thomas Jefferson wanted public funding for schools. The Thomas Jefferson described in the real world today is not as he was during the real world when he was alive.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Aya wrote:

Thomas Jefferson wanted public funding for schools. The Thomas Jefferson described in the real world today is not as he was during the real world when he was alive.
Nice red herring, assfuck. How about you address my post, instead of avoiding it?
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Thinkmarble
Jedi Knight

Post by Thinkmarble »

Ahurazithramis wrote:Trouble is, the pagan deities have the same mentality as the worshipers. They don't care. It's not about God being jealous, it's about dancing on swords expecting not to get cut.
So you accept the existence of other gods beside God ?
And while I do not know much about Wicca, aside from it being a widely variant, mutable religion, I have to point out that one of the basic rules of it, is that one should not do any harm, and that any harm done will come back muliplied to haunt one.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Ahurazithramis wrote:Trouble is, the pagan deities have the same mentality as the worshipers. They don't care. It's not about God being jealous, it's about dancing on swords expecting not to get cut.
So you believe other gods exist?
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

There was no red herring. Old Thomas never meant anything about the Seperation between church and state that is going on today.[/quote]
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:
Which is bullshit. Everyone knows only the Old Ones and Cthulhu exist. :D

This guy has a VI or WTPF in his future.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ahurazithramis wrote:America is going towards a theocratic nation : of "Secular" Humanism. People here on this thread do more than just have different opinions than christianity, they seem to close their minds from it as far as I can tell from this thread. Christians entire life is there religion. It would open your conciousness for communication if you understood that. If a witch or mage should deliver the invocation or whatever it's called, it would invite evil spirits to do their work. That spells danger. So to speak.
"If a witch or mage should deliver the invocation or whatever it's called, it would invite evil spirits to do their work. That spells danger."? Are you seriously fucking retarded?

No if some angsty whiney teen who picked wiccan to piss off mommy and daddy delivers their invocation, that means everyone else gets a few minutes of their life wasted. There is no such fucking thing as "evil spirits", and even if there was bad poetry and too much eyeshadow aren't going to summon them.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Aya wrote:
DPDarkPrimus wrote:
Which is bullshit. Everyone knows only the Old Ones and Cthulhu exist. :D
You blasphemy upsets and infuriates Ra. Please cease and desist.

- George Carlin
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Being a christian, yes, I can say there are evil spirits.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ahurazithramis wrote:
I fail to see how Secular Humanism can be called a religion. The ONLY definition that can potentialy be applied is #4, but then again you could apply that to Football fans, and its obvious its not the proper definition.

So your making an ill-informed statement, not all that unusual from the religious elements.
It is not an ill-informed statement. Even the Supreme Court believes it is a religion. Definition number 3 would work, seeing as all things are spiritual.
By all means, explain how my shit is spiritual. Afterall, you said all things
Therefore, all Humanist teachers would be spiritual leaders. As for what christianity thinks about witchcraft: It doesn't matter. What does matter is that we shouldn't have to have anything to do with witchcraft. Forcing us to involve ourselves in that would be like a jew being forced to eat pork or shrimp.
And what exactly do you think christian prayer is to these wiccians?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Your shit is spiritual because while it was food it gave you life. Now let's not talk of shit any further. :shock:
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ahurazithramis wrote:Nothing wrong with that. After all, there was alot less nitpicking back when fundamentalism began.
There is nothing wrong with that? Are you serious? Tell you what child, go research exactly how bad things were 100 years ago. Try being irish, or black, or chinese. Try providing for your family. Try having health benefits, insurance, or an IRA from your job.

Or let's simplify it: Try getting an education so you see what a fool you are making of yourself.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Nephtys
Sith Acolyte

Post by Nephtys »

Ahurazithramis wrote:I know. The Bible's instruction was to have absolutely nothing to do with a witch. Wicca and witchcraft may not be the same but it has to do quite a lot with witchcraft.
Did you grind up the bible into little leafy bits and then smoke it? What is wrong with you? Wicca and Witchcraft may not be the same, but it has a lot to do with witchcraft? Do you exist only to troll here?
What does that have to do with seperation of Church and State? Nothing. Complete change of topic.
Trouble is, the pagan deities have the same mentality as the worshipers. They don't care. It's not about God being jealous, it's about dancing on swords expecting not to get cut.
Because worshipping other gods of course gets people STRUCK DOWN all the time. I mean, I was walking through the street five minutes ago, and saw this decadent Buddhist recieve his smiting from the lord. Yeah, please. 'The Pegan deities'? Do you mean just the wiccan deal? Or all people who happen not to fall under the category of 'deities that start with G and end with D, has three letters, and otherwise enjoys a prominent letter O'?
That doesn't work. A mage giving their prayers would(or might) endanger us, a christian giving our prayers would not.
Note to self. Speak to that mage and ask for his +5 Staff. Maybe the phone number of Gandalf to strike you very, very hard. Goddess, begone foul troll! BEGONE! The power of reason compells you! The power of reason compells you! :roll:
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

It depends on the wiccan that thinks about our prayers.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

And how exacly would this endanger you? I can't see how it's any more dangerous then a livejournal. Same whiney crap.

And if you take this laughable claim of evil spirits at face value, how would christian prayers affect them?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf