[Ahurazithramis]

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Ahurazithramis wrote:I'm not saying they don't have the freedom to worship what they want. I'm just describing my religion.
And advocating that their government should prevent others from practicing theirs.
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Ahurazithramis wrote:Putting a bloody piece of meat in the ocean with swimmers around it for the sharks to eat is the same as eating a piece of bread near the water? When you cast spells, it is the same as throwing the bloody piece of meat in the water while the people are feet away from it.
And tell me ONCE AGAIN FROM THE TOP. HOW IS SPELL CASTING DIFFERENT FROM PRAYER?!
Spells are always spirituality which is derived from something opposing God.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Ahurazithramis wrote:Putting a bloody piece of meat in the ocean with swimmers around it for the sharks to eat is the same as eating a piece of bread near the water? When you cast spells, it is the same as throwing the bloody piece of meat in the water while the people are feet away from it.
No, thats attempted murder, I believe. Totally different from "casting spells".
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

To go with your earlier pressing on statement and analogy, throwing bloody meat in the water next to the swimmer the shark is chewing on would be a good thing, as it would distract it.

And your spells would be even more dangerous. If earth is domain of the devil as you claim, you would be summoning the sharks to the wiccians, instead of distracting them. You are putting together a rather good argument that, instead of banishing all religion from the courtroom like I first thought, we should banish christianity in favor of wiccian.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Slartibartfast wrote:
Ahurazithramis wrote:I'm not saying they don't have the freedom to worship what they want. I'm just describing my religion.
And advocating that their government should prevent others from practicing theirs.
Prayers don't open people up to demonic possession.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Ahurazithramis wrote:Christian prayers are not spells.
To anyone else with an objective view, they are as much as spells and summonings and conjurations as any other religion's.
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Aya wrote:
Not if you don't believe that the shark is attracted to the meat.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
And tell me ONCE AGAIN FROM THE TOP. HOW IS SPELL CASTING DIFFERENT FROM PRAYER?!
Prove to me in a scientifically-verifiable way that this thing you refer to as 'God' exists and has the properties you describe. Then AND ONLY then will I believe you. Occam's Razor is with me and against you.
Image Image
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Slartibartfast wrote:
To anyone else with an objective view, they are as much as spells and summonings and conjurations as any other religion's.
I've known my religion for 15 years. Believe me I have experience with prayer.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:
Wait, earlier you said all things were spiritual. God is everywhere, and all things. So according to you, God is opposed to God?

Wow, I'm really smart, God holds the same opinions I do!
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Neither does spellcasting BECAUSE DEMONS DO NOT EXIST NOR DO THEY POSSESS ANYTHING.
Image Image
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
And I've got 22. Prayers and spells are identical. Both are expressions of hope that some outside force will accomplish something for them. No difference.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Aya wrote:
Hmm, is that a big fat RED HERRING I smell in the water? <SHARK>CHOMP!</SHARK>
Image Image
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Yes they do, and I say so, because I have personal evidence.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Appeal to Authority. Sorry, that doesn't work around here. Enjoy your spiffy new CT.
Image Image
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
From the point of view of the wiccians, what exactly would speaking in tongues and other thigs be then? Christians say its God controling them and working through them, sounds like possession to me.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Raxmei
Rabid Monkey

Post by Raxmei »

Would you agree to keeping the Bible and Christian prayer out of courthouses if it meant keeping other religions such as Wicca out? A lot of people would prefer to have nobody praying there over having everybody pray there. Arguments about which religions are right and wrong aside, the issue at hand is that the government is playing favorites, which it isn't supposed to do.
I prepared Explosive Runes today.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Ahurazithramis wrote:
Aya wrote:
Which is bullshit. Everyone knows Sharks are attracted to blood. Worst.analogy.ever.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

Not everyone. Little children may not.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

When you pray to God to make other people be nicer, you're in fact having your demon Holy Spirit try to possess them.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Slartibartfast wrote:
Ahurazithramis wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote: And advocating that their government should prevent others from practicing theirs.
Yes they do, and I say so, because I have personal evidence.
LMAO!

The only relationship between prayer and Evil is that certain people are Evil and HIDE BEHIND PRAYER TO APPEAR 'GOOD'.
Image Image
Ahurazithramis
BANNED

Post by Ahurazithramis »

When you're trying to be cute and sarcastic, God kills a kitten.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Ahurazithramis wrote:When you're trying to be cute and sarcastic, God kills a kitten.
Every time Vin Diesel kills God, a kitten masturbates.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

A free bit of wisdom for you chuckles: If we are having such an easy time swapping out the views between you and the wiccians, its not because we are evil spirits who are doing the devils work. It's because we long ago realized all religions, no matter what the believe in, have the smae basic structure to them. Which means that fundamentally, you are all the same. Or, you may disagree if its a comma or a flyspeck on verse umptysquat or whatever and thus think someone else is your mortal enemy and trying to bring you to evil, but really you are not at all different in structure and core beliefs.

Which is why being oppossed to another belief system is such bullshit.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Ahurazithramis wrote:When you're trying to be cute and sarcastic, God kills a kitten.
Once again, FROM THE TOP, AGAIN.

Until you give us scientific proof of your Sky Fairy you call God, that term will be meaningless to us in this debate.

And besides, the kitten in my lap is merely sleeping.
Image Image