[Uther] Star Trek Fans: Pedophiles?

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Uther
Padawan Learner

[Uther] Star Trek Fans: Pedophiles?

Post by Uther »

link
Their work is a daily sojourn to the underworld. Gillespie has a team of 10 men and six women who spend hours in front of their computers, extracting leads, writing warrants and sifting photos for clues. The payoff is the day they get to kick down a door and take the "bad guy" away. The mood is light and the humor often off-color to ease the horror.

On one wall is a "Star Trek" poster with investigators' faces substituted for the Starship Enterprise crew. But even that alludes to a dark fact of their work: All but one of the offenders they have arrested in the last four years was a hard-core Trekkie.

Det. Constable Warren Bulmer slips on a Klingon sash and shield they confiscated in a recent raid. "It has something to do with a fantasy world where mutants and monsters have power and where the usual rules don't apply," Bulmer reflects. "But beyond that, I can't really explain it."
Hahaha.[/url]
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I'm glad something in that horrendous article struck your funnybone.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

WTF :wtf:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

That story made me physicaly ill. :shock:
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Fucking christ, I hate those animals.
That NOS Guy
Jedi Council Member

Post by That NOS Guy »

Man, that's pretty fucking dark.

-NOS
Almost a horrible twist on "to go where no man has gone before" *shudder*
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Re: Star Trek Fans: Pedophiles?

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Uther wrote: Snip

Hahaha.[/url]
You where really able to laugh after ready that thing?

Cold man.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

*Shrug* perhaps they're simply drawn to it because they get it into their heads that 'new utopian free society' or whatever equates to 'a world where nobody would beat the living daylights out of you for chaining an eight year-old to your bedpost'.
By His Word...
El Moose Monstero
Moose Rebellion Ambassador
Location: The Cradle of the Rebellion... Oop Nowrrth, Like...

Post by El Moose Monstero »

Christ, that was an upsetting article. *exhales* It says something about the people on those cases that they can keep going, knowing that they're not reaching even 1% of those in need of help and having to watch it all unfold online, yet still do their job and take pride in saving just one child from abuse.
"...a fountain of mirth, issuing forth from the penis of a cupid..." ~ Dalton / Winner of the 'Frank Hipper Most Horrific Drag EVAR' award - 2004 / The artist formerly known as The_Lumberjack.

Evil Brit Conspiracy: Token Moose Obsessed Kebab Munching Semi Geordie
Uther
Padawan Learner

Post by Uther »

RedImperator wrote:I'm glad something in that horrendous article struck your funnybone.
This board was generally enthusiastic when the Pope died, so I figured, well, one's mans horror is another's humor, am I rite?

I expected more commentary on the Star Trek angle! I bet it's the fault of that new Enterprise garbage, because Captain Kirk would never stand for such perversion.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I have no tollerance whatsoever for pedophiles or hollow fucks who attempt to argue on their behalf as a "devil's advocate" or simply to provide a second side. Such disgusting wretches are the only "people" who I see as being truly and purely evil.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

That must be the most depressing job ever.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Uther wrote:
RedImperator wrote:I'm glad something in that horrendous article struck your funnybone.
This board was generally enthusiastic when the Pope died, so I figured, well, one's mans horror is another's humor, am I rite?

I expected more commentary on the Star Trek angle! I bet it's the fault of that new Enterprise garbage, because Captain Kirk would never stand for such perversion.
The Pope passing was an old man dying, and his policies and those of his church influenced and hurt millions in regards to birth control and its prohobition and AIDS, but its hardly horror.

What you posted is horror.

Most people in in right and sane mind see no humor in the article you posted, not only does it depict heinous and inexcusable crimes, but these are crimes against the only true innocents in modern society.

Fandom, no matter the series, movie, or book, always spawns those who are not right, it allows the weak minded an exucse and an escape to fill a void in their lives that either they are not able to fill with normal contact, or not willing. Not having trek would probably mean these people would most likely become stalkers or something along those lines.
UCBooties
Jedi Master

Post by UCBooties »

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. But there is somthing realy odd about that pattern. Did I misread the article when it said that all but one of the people they caught was a hard core trekkie? It says they caught 5oo people! What the hell? I know fandom does not translate to pedophelia, but that's 499 out of 500 people! There has got to be somthing up with that.
Post 666: Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 am
Post 777: Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:49 pm
Post 999: Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:19 am
Fire Fly
Jedi Council Member

Post by Fire Fly »

Oh god. I want to fucking puke after having read that. :evil: :evil: Someone kill them please. 3 months old! Argggg!
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

I doubt Star Trek quells any desires for such people; rather they're simply drawn to it due to certain fanciful aspects.

It's a disturbingly high number, though. All but one in four years? It says they arrested *thirty-seven* last year alone. If that's even only slightly above the previous years, that's 120 to 145 hardcore Trek fans (as in to a traceable degree, such as collecting notable items, evidently) with one who wasn't. Makes you wonder what else could be such a constant of a pattern with pedophiles.
By His Word...
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Utsanomiko wrote:I doubt Star Trek quells any desires for such people; rather they're simply drawn to it due to certain fanciful aspects.

It's a disturbingly high number, though. All but one in four years? It says they arrested *thirty-seven* last year alone. If that's even only slightly above the previous years, that's 120 to 145 hardcore Trek fans (as in to a traceable degree, such as collecting notable items, evidently) with one who wasn't. Makes you wonder what else could be such a constant of a pattern with pedophiles.
it also probably depends on the criteria they're using for what constitutes a "hardcore" trekkie. since it wasn't listed it could be anything from someone who watches the show religiously to someone that collects everything they can get their hands on, goes to cons and never gets out of their costume.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Which means there are Feds all over the Star Trek-related end of the 'net, given that pattern.

Good hunting, ladies and gentlemen.
Morilore
Jedi Master

Post by Morilore »

Maybe it's a way of separating themselves from their own behavior. They rape kids, and then they go into their own little worlds where they never touched a kid so they don't have to face what guilt they might have. One thing Star Trek really does well is create a massively appealing alternate reality for those whose lives have some big problem.

On a different note, I really don't want those guys' job.
"Guys, don't do that"
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

I dislike the fact that they're outright jailing these monsters. I hope they take the time to study them, analyze them from every possible social, psychological and chemical angle, so that we can build a solid system for identifying pedophilia and heading it off at the pass with treatments...before they become sexually active.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Lagmonster wrote:I dislike the fact that they're outright jailing these monsters. I hope they take the time to study them, analyze them from every possible social, psychological and chemical angle, so that we can build a solid system for identifying pedophilia and heading it off at the pass with treatments...before they become sexually active.
You can't punish a crime until its commited.

Part of me wishes we could identify and destroy them in utero, the other parts realizes that there is more to life than genitics.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

Morilore wrote:Maybe it's a way of separating themselves from their own behavior. They rape kids, and then they go into their own little worlds where they never touched a kid so they don't have to face what guilt they might have. One thing Star Trek really does well is create a massively appealing alternate reality for those whose lives have some big problem.

On a different note, I really don't want those guys' job.
But they don't *have* guilt; that's the problem. They think we're the bad guys because we don't accept their violent abuse of the innocent. We are the ones out of line persecuting them with ignorant morality systems.

It definitely does provide escapism for those who have social/emotional issues or life is a mess, but I'm still convinced the key factor in its appeal for these cases lies more in the image that the Federation is a 'perfect' society that's above modern standards. Most pedophiles can spin justifications and rationalizations for their disease for days on end if given the chance; these predators don't feel guilt.
By His Word...
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Uther wrote:

What the fuck is your major malfunction private pyle? :wtf:
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

Uther wrote:

What a goddamned worthless troll you are, seriously. If you thought it was funny to post this story for the "Star Trek angle" while ignoring the horrific crimes against children being committed, or the soul-crushing task these people face in catching them, then you are seriously fucked up.

Disgusting.
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:
Uther wrote:

What a goddamned worthless troll you are, seriously. If you thought it was funny to post this story for the "Star Trek angle" while ignoring the horrific crimes against children being committed, or the soul-crushing task these people face in catching them, then you are seriously fucked up.

Disgusting.
Addendum:

And for your information, the hierarchy of the Church actively aided and abetted pedophiles and took stances that ensured the deaths of millions of people in the Third World from AIDS.

Not giving a shit about JP ver. 2.0.0 passing on and thinking that it's hilarious that people who prey on children happen to be trekkies are two entirely different things.