[Adama] The Colonial Viper rips the wires out of a tie fight

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Batman wrote:Valen, is this fucktard trying to get banned?
Has Adama countered one single point with anything beyond 'I don't believe it so nyah'?
Only to dip into such heinous profanity as 'poo'.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

He's tarnishing the image of my favorite neo-BSG character, and giving the new series a bad name with his fanboy fantasies. :(

Please, kid, give it up. I love the new BSG, but it doesn't stand a chance next to SW technology.
Duken
Youngling

Post by Duken »

Lord Zentei wrote:Nonetheless, the Falcon shows far better performance than rockets we posess. Acheiving escape velocity in under a minuite is a lot harder than reaching orbit in several minutes as has been pointed out.
That was pointed out in one of the 7 posts written during the time it took to write mine. :wink:

The point was more toward the slow falcon thing. I had compleatly forgotten the whole 'falling apart/get out and push' thing. And ffs TIEs are atmosphere rated meaning they are faster than the WWII planes numbnuts (WTPF?) seems to think they are.
Adama
Infantile Brat

Post by Adama »

No, we see footage inspired by WWII films. Mustangs and 109s != X-Wings and TIEs
Yes, and they inspired some pretty lame shite maneuverabilty dog fights. Just my point.
The STS requires about six minutes to reach space, and even longer to achieve orbit. The X-Wing and the Royal Starship from TPM achieved a greater distance in under a minute, with the goal of breaking orbit.
And this is your 1000 gs evidence?
I don't think anyone's ignoring visuals, which don't show what you've been claiming.
Well thats a coincidence because they dont show shit all of what you lot are claiming.
Do you leave your driveway at 30 MPH?
If someone was shooting at me I would leave my driveway at my maximum speed FFs. If I was in a Falcon, then I would use its super high acceleration to get the fuk out of the warzone, especially if I had royalty on boad. Stop this crap right now. The falcon was traveling at a shite speed, and this was during a fight FFs. The visuals never lie. Only books written by geeks who had a fetish for zeroes lie.

I don't give poo estimates; I leave that for simians like you. I use the official burn data.

First stage burn: 2.5 minutes. Height: 62Km

Second stage burn: 6 minutes. Height: 185Km

Third stage burn: 2.5 minutes, starting 12 minutes after the launch from the pad. Three minutes later, parking orbit. Height: Low Earth Orbit.

15 minutes to Low Earth Orbit, not even two hundred klicks up. An X-wing gets to Geosynchronous(I beleive thirty thousand klicks up) in less than a minute.

Now, your 'poo estimate', child?
Sorry if I put you through some stress, it must have been a real hectic few minutes for you, trying to pull up that information as quickly as possible and then posting it like you knew what the fuk you were talking about. So the above information is supposed to prove a xwing can pull 1000gs?
If you've never read anything so shit, didn't you read your own post? It's the exact same logic as your 'Inspired by WW2 fighters, ergo no better, lololololol!' bullshit.
Blah blah blah , lets just ignore the fact Lucas modelled the tie movements on ww2 footage, blah blah blah, back to that book with all the zeroes in it...

The Falcon was frickin' FALLING APART during that scene (for those of us who ignored the movie). Remember how the systems on the ship weren't even starting up properly? Remember how Leia sardonically offered to get out and push? Remember when Han had to land the ship in the asteroid belt to enact repairs since the ship wasn't running well?
if the falcon was falling apart, hence the reason why it didn't accelerate faster before our very eyes on Hoth, then why didn't the imperial fighters and ships catch this crippled falcon? Afterall they still had their awsome acceleration and ww2 animated fighter scene maneuverability intact. Next shite excuse please.
Hardy
Padawan Learner

Post by Hardy »

Duken wrote: You want to go rocketing down that dinky trench at 1000 g's? Your funeral.
That's a good way to waste fuel because of the counter-accelerations required to keep you close to the Death Star.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/ ... pwned1.jpg[/img]"I like Florida. Everything is in the eighties. The temperatures, the ages, and the IQs." -George Carlin

"Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world." -Arthur Schopenhauer

Picture by Snap-hiss
Ra
Padawan Learner

Post by Ra »

Firefox wrote:He's tarnishing the image of my favorite neo-BSG character, and giving the new series a bad name with his fanboy fantasies. :(

Please, kid, give it up. I love the new BSG, but it doesn't stand a chance next to SW technology.
I totally agree, Firefox, as I said in my first post in this thread. I love neo-BSG, and like the character Commander Adama. But this has got to stop.
Adama, I'm only going to warn you once more. You need to stop. Are you trying to get banned, after waiting so long to get to post? After people welcomed you to this forum? What the fuck? Don't throw it away over fanwanking!
- Ra
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Adama wrote:
I don't give poo estimates; I leave that for simians like you. I use the official burn data.

Third stage burn: 2.5 minutes, starting 12 minutes after the launch from the pad. Three minutes later, parking orbit. Height: Low Earth Orbit.

15 minutes to Low Earth Orbit, not even two hundred klicks up. An X-wing gets to Geosynchronous(I beleive thirty thousand klicks up) in less than a minute.

Sorry if I put you through some stress, it must have been a real hectic few minutes for you, trying to pull up that information as quickly as possible and then posting it like you knew what the fuk you were talking about. So the above information is supposed to prove a xwing can pull 1000gs?
Ooooo, what a stinging retort! Sorry, kiddo. Canon info from Lucas.. You know, who you claim overrides everything.. Says five thousand G's. This just proves you're full of shit in your claims about modern spaceflight.. But we all knew this. And it took maybe twenty seconds to look up the burn data from a Saturn V.. But hey, I bet for those with only two brain cells like you, that would have caused that stress you're on about.

Crawl back under your bridge, kiddo. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

No, we see footage inspired by WWII films. Mustangs and 109s != X-Wings and TIEs
Yes, and they inspired some pretty lame shite maneuverabilty dog fights. Just my point.
The inspiration is there not the performance, as has been pointed out repeadedly, idiot.
The STS requires about six minutes to reach space, and even longer to achieve orbit. The X-Wing and the Royal Starship from TPM achieved a greater distance in under a minute, with the goal of breaking orbit.
:roll:
I don't think anyone's ignoring visuals, which don't show what you've been claiming.
Well thats a coincidence because they dont show shit all of what you lot are claiming.
Yes they do. HARDY HAS ALREADY POSTED EXAMPLES, FUCKWIT.
If someone was shooting at me I would leave my driveway at my maximum speed FFs. If I was in a Falcon, then I would use its super high acceleration to get the fuk out of the warzone, especially if I had royalty on boad. Stop this crap right now. The falcon was traveling at a shite speed, and this was during a fight FFs. The visuals never lie. Only books written by geeks who had a fetish for zeroes lie.
HARDY HAS ALREADY POSTED EXAMPLES FROM THE MOVIES, FUCKWIT.

Fuckwit, you are way out of your league.
if the falcon was falling apart, hence the reason why it didn't accelerate faster before our very eyes on Hoth, then why didn't the imperial fighters and ships catch this crippled falcon? Afterall they still had their awsome acceleration and ww2 animated fighter scene maneuverability intact. Next shite excuse please.
I already corrected that post you dishonest little turd, and the poster has already accepted the correction. You are ignoring the other posts on this issue. Fuckwit.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Hardy wrote:
Duken wrote: You want to go rocketing down that dinky trench at 1000 g's? Your funeral.
That's a good way to waste fuel because of the counter-accelerations required to keep you close to the Death Star.
It's also completely counter-intuitive to performing a ground-attack mission. Even modern jets kill speed to hit ground targets.

But imbecile here? No clue. Doesn't want one either. He wants to sit in his poo and masturbate to it.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Adama wrote:
Jesus H. Christ how can you be this fucking dense!? When something accelerates to escape velocity in less than a minute that is a tremendous amount of g's. The STS on the other hand can only achieve orbital velocity in 15 minutes. What part of this difference in scale are you not comprehending.
Adama wrote:
Only because you ignore the fucking evidence we present to you which comes directly from the fucking movies you ignorant little shit.
Adama wrote:
Hmmm..... go to full throttle and ruin the engine, thereby gauranteeing capture, or risk taking shots that I know my deflectors can handle and use the extra time to repair my ship so I gaurantee escape. Gee what a difficult decision.

Adama wrote:

No, the goddamn movies proves that the xwing pulls 1000gs. The above proves that you comparing it to the shuttle achieving orbit is that act of someone so retarded that it's amazing they're still able to breath without guidance.
Adama wrote:[
If you've never read anything so shit, didn't you read your own post? It's the exact same logic as your 'Inspired by WW2 fighters, ergo no better, lololololol!' bullshit.
Blah blah blah , lets just ignore the fact Lucas modelled the tie movements on ww2 footage, blah blah blah, back to that book with all the zeroes in it...
How many times do we have to refute this bullshit before you get it into your fucking skull?

Adama wrote:[
The Falcon was frickin' FALLING APART during that scene (for those of us who ignored the movie). Remember how the systems on the ship weren't even starting up properly? Remember how Leia sardonically offered to get out and push? Remember when Han had to land the ship in the asteroid belt to enact repairs since the ship wasn't running well?
Maybe becuase they knew it was crippled and could take their time to avoid screwups? Maybe because they didn't want to risk destroying it when Lord Vader himself wanted the occupants captured?

How many times do we have to ruin your shit to get you to understand such simple concepts? And you never answered my earlier question: is your name Terry?
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Adama
Infantile Brat

Post by Adama »

I totally agree, Firefox, as I said in my first post in this thread. I love neo-BSG, and like the character Commander Adama. But this has got to stop.
Adama, I'm only going to warn you once more. You need to stop. Are you trying to get banned, after waiting so long to get to post? After people welcomed you to this forum? What the fuck? Don't throw it away over fanwanking!

Since its clear that there is a possibility that I could get banned then I will take RA's advice and conceed the argument. OK?

Are you happy now?

The tie fighter didn't really maneuver like ww2 fighters, nooooo I just imagined it, because a book that has more zeroes than letters in it said so. etc etc

case closed unless I am given permission to continue it.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

I expect he would argue that the XB-70 was designed to drop its payload over the targets while traveling at maximum speed, the same as B-52s, F-15s, F-16s, Tornados....... oh wait.
No, this is evidence that the Royal Starship and X-Wing were performing greater acceleration than the STS and other manned launch vehicles. The Saturn V produced only 7-8G acceleration to reach orbit in fifteen minutes. The X-Wing and Royal Starship break orbit in under sixty seconds.
If someone was shooting at me I would leave my driveway at my maximum speed FFs.
Except that no one was shooting at them once they cleared the hangar, idiot.
What fighters? You mean the ones enforcing the blockade outside of Hoth's atmosphere?
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Adama wrote:

Since its clear that there is a possibility that I could get banned then I will take RA's advice and conceed the argument. OK?

Are you happy now?

The tie fighter didn't really maneuver like ww2 fighters, nooooo I just imagined it, because a book that has more zeroes than letters in it said so. etc etc

HARDY HAS ALREADY POSTED EXAMPLES FROM THE MOVIE, FUCKWIT.

We are NOT using the books in this debate, asshole. What part of this do you fail to comprehend? And cut out the "boo hoo I'm the victim", dogshit.

I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Maraxus
Padawan Learner

Post by Maraxus »

Another blood sacrifice is laid on the alter before Lord Wong.
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Adama wrote:Since its clear that there is a possibility that I could get banned then I will take RA's advice and conceed the argument. OK?

Are you happy now?

Concession not accepted. You've made an assertion and have refused to back it up. You have ignored evidence that proves you wrong and whined about what is and is not canon based upon Lucasfilms own god damn policy. And then you posted a sarcastic bullshit "apology" as though that will make things all better.

And get this into your fucking skull, those books with lots of zero's in them, base their calculations on the goddamn movie. From direct evidence taken from the goddamn movies! Whether you like them or not, they are fucking canon.

Are you ever going to back your shit up with credible evidence? Or are you just going to keep me wondering if your name is Terry?
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Adama wrote:Since its clear that there is a possibility that I could get banned then I will take RA's advice and conceed the argument. OK?

Are you happy now?
No, since you're only dropping the argument because you're too chickenshit to risk a ban, and too stupid to realize your argument is "shite".

You mean permission to be a pretentious dickhead? I doubt it.
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Are you happy now?

Child, that is precisely the sort of behavior that will get you banned. Disagreeing with anybody here is not bannable. You can call the board owner any number of rude names, insult the mods, admins, you name it, so long as you back it with evidence. But this sort of petulant nonsense is the sort of thing we do not tolerate here.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Adama wrote: Since its clear that there is a possibility that I could get banned then I will take RA's advice and conceed the argument. OK?
Are you happy now?
1. You UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY FAILED to provide evidence that TIE fighters maneuver like WW2 fighters so excuse me for doubting that.
2. Those 'books have more zeroes than letters' (which they don't, btw) are CANON. Deal with it, or LEAVE.
Actually, please, LEAVE.

I can't believe I was kidding with this guy in Testing a day or two ago.

:oops:
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Batman wrote:1. You UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY FAILED to provide evidence that TIE fighters maneuver like WW2 fighters so excuse me for doubting that.
2. Those 'books have more zeroes than letters' (which they don't, btw) are CANON. Deal with it, or LEAVE.
Actually, please, LEAVE.
Not to mention that HARDY HAS ALREADY POSTED EXAMPLES FROM THE MOVIES. As I have mentioned previously a few times. In any case Dr. Saxton also based his calcs in part on the movie visuals when he wrote ACS, so what's the difference?
Batman wrote:I can't believe I was kidding with this guy in Testing a day or two ago.

:oops:
He's a Trojan troll. No reason to be ashamed.

AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

I have no patience for fucktards who ignore all arguments that involve mathematics. Such people are too stupid to live, never mind being allowed to post here.

Goodbye, moron. Come back when you learn how to do multiplication.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Duken
Youngling

Post by Duken »

Lord Zentei wrote:Not to mention that HARDY HAS ALREADY POSTED EXAMPLES FROM THE MOVIES. As I have mentioned previously a few times. In any case Dr. Saxton also based his calcs in part on the movie visuals when he wrote ACS, so what's the difference?
Stupid Question: What the ACS book again?
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Good riddance.
Soy un perdedor.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Wow...that was over as fast as it started. :shock:
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Duken wrote:
Lord Zentei wrote:Not to mention that HARDY HAS ALREADY POSTED EXAMPLES FROM THE MOVIES. As I have mentioned previously a few times. In any case Dr. Saxton also based his calcs in part on the movie visuals when he wrote ACS, so what's the difference?
Stupid Question: What the ACS book again?
Amazing Cross Sections. Worth it's weight in gold.

And good riddance to another troll. Banathon III b.

Hardy
Padawan Learner

Post by Hardy »

Although it's too late for this dishonest fucktard to see them, here are said examples, reposted:
Hardy wrote:
  • Luke, Han, and Wedge clearing the Death Star Before it blew. It's not clear how far away they were, but it should be multiple Death Star diameters. Clearing the DS diameter in less than five seconds implies at least 1200 g accelerations. Probably a tiny fraction of the real demonstated acceleration.
  • Lando, Wedge, et. al clearing the 900 km DSII in less than 40 seconds. This implies accelerations of at least 50 g's
  • The squad of X-Wings travelling hundreds of thousands of kilometers to meet the Death Star in less than five minutes. This implies hundreds of g's acceleration.
  • Tactical display on Endor shows a fleet of Star Destroyers coming to a halt in less than three seconds. Others have used the DS2 as a reference and computed 3000 g accelerations from that.
  • Naboo Starship clearing the atmosphere in what was described as "seconds", implying at least tens of g's.
Ra mentioned the TIEs screaming across the DS1's surface. These accelerations aren't exactly in the 100 g order of magnitude, but they're better than Vipers meager 6 g accelerations.
Hardy wrote:
You would be pulling some pretty heavy gs, no doubt. But 1000's? I'm not so sure.
Hundreds, actually. But his analogy was too simplistic.

Instead, try imaging covering twice the diameter of Jupiter and then decelerating to a virtual standstill next to an orbiting body. You're talking at least 1100 to g's here.

I can't factor in the orbital mechanics here since the fighters were moving at well beyond Yavin's escape velocity and I don't know the geometry of their trajectory to get to the Death Star.
The Spartan wrote:
Adama wrote:snip bullfuckery
Evidently your fucking blind. Jesus Fucking Christ do you need to have examples of high g's pointed out to you again?
  • The Millenium Falcon reaching space from Tatooine in less than a minute.
    The Rebel fighters rounding Yavin in just minutes.
    The TIE fighters reaching from the equator to near the pole of the DS1 in about a minute.
    Luke's Xwing reaching space from the surface of Hoth in less than a minute.
    The Imperial fleet rounding Endor and stopping in, what was it 3 seconds? in ROTJ.
And that's just shit off of the top of my head.
[img=left]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/ ... pwned1.jpg[/img]"I like Florida. Everything is in the eighties. The temperatures, the ages, and the IQs." -George Carlin

"Every person takes the limits of their own field of vision for the limits of the world." -Arthur Schopenhauer

Picture by Snap-hiss