Ban poll for jonathanos

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Should we ban jonathanos?

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 66

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Ban poll for jonathanos

Post by RedImperator »

The charges have been outlined in the main thread. Please list your reasons for voting the way you did.

Link to main thread

Link to darth_shinji's ban poll

Editor's Note: jonathanos, along with Jesse Stamos and darth_shinji, was banned in Banathon II. The charges against him are in the main Banathon II thread linked above.
Last edited by RedImperator on 2005-06-03 12:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Guilty.
Image Image
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Hell, should it ever be brought up seriously, I'd vote to ban myself. Don't think I've ever turned down the opertunity.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I've yet to see anything from his posts that's not a 'me too' following his buddies.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ban.

In his intial rounds of Hulk fanwhoring he didn't once try to prove that Hulk jumping away from large blast must mean he could asorb a 60 MT blast, used hyperbole as proof and said the only reason the G-Bomb killed him was because of UBER Gamma radiation(and given the bombs blast and size was proven not to be anywhere near a 60MT blast)

In his return, he uses hyperbole statements as proof, discounts visuals, twists words and then goads mods that we should let his rampant yabbering continue when he's making no point whatsoever.

Failing to realize that if we take the dialogue this supposed hit to destroy a city would impart an enourmous amount of energy to the steel girder(which was shown to be slightly bent) is direct contradiction to what is shown.

In the end it's his ability to troll like a whiny bitch coupled with his complete lack of improving any sort of skill at trying to impart intelligent debate is why I support a ban of the least of these morons.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Post by StarshipTitanic »

Bye bye.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Boyish-Tigerlilly
Sith Devotee

Post by Boyish-Tigerlilly »

He is also very caustic to people who are trying to explain things. That's not good.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

End the fanwhoring.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

B_ N T H E M O T H E R F U _ K E R

I'd like to buy an "A".
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Off he goes, may the net not have mercy with him.

BAN HIM!
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
President Sharky
Jedi Knight

Post by President Sharky »

Send the fuckface to work in the gulags! Banishment!
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

Ban.
Jonathanos
BANNED

Post by Jonathanos »

Ghost Rider wrote:Ban.

In his intial rounds of Hulk fanwhoring he didn't once try to prove that Hulk jumping away from large blast must mean he could asorb a 60 MT blast,
20 Megaton.

Never said he absorbed any such thing so that's a blatant lie.

And I've referenced other nuclear detonations that he was absolute ground zero on. Not that you can be honest about them and mention them, instead focusing on one where I admitted the Hulk leapt two seconds before detonation (taking him about a hundred feet from the bomb).
used hyperbole as proof
I used no hyperbole.
and said the only reason the G-Bomb killed him was because of UBER Gamma radiation
Based on other ground zero nukes-- one a high-megaton-- causing no harm and based on gamma radiation being shown numerous times to hurt the Hulk and/or trigger the transformation into human form (which logically means his durability suffers).
(and given the bombs blast and size was proven not to be anywhere near a 60MT blast)
Not that I ever said 60 MT, you liar.
In his return, he uses hyperbole statements as proof, discounts visuals,
Still no hyperbole or twisted visuals. Just rampant ignorance on the part of those arguing against Gladiator and Cap's shield. Arguments that the beam didn't disintegrate were shot down by the fact Gladiator's psionic powers protect structural integrity of objects (which was ignored because Warsie fanwhores repeatedly). Arguments that Thor and Gladiator were hitting with practically no force were shot down by references of the shield's durability (greater than adamantium and not even a single particle could be removed) and how the shield works (absorbs impact directed against it).
twists words and then goads mods that we should let his rampant yabbering continue when he's making no point whatsoever.
Translation: Quotes moderator, makes him look like an idiot, forces him to backtrack, and other mod locks the thread.
Failing to realize that if we take the dialogue this supposed hit to destroy a city would impart an enourmous amount of energy to the steel girder(which was shown to be slightly bent) is direct contradiction to what is shown.
Translation: Ghost Rider still hasn't learned that Gladiator's psionic powers compensate for such things. Perhaps if he's told 500 more times.
In the end it's his ability to troll like a whiny bitch coupled with his complete lack of improving any sort of skill at trying to impart intelligent debate is why I support a ban of the least of these morons.
Translation: Someone ban him before Ghost Rider makes more of a fool of himself by telling untruths.

I anticipate a Horseman to show a lack of wit in editing.
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Hmm... see above.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Jonathanos wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:Ban.

In his intial rounds of Hulk fanwhoring he didn't once try to prove that Hulk jumping away from large blast must mean he could asorb a 60 MT blast,
20 Megaton.

And I've referenced other nuclear detonations that he was absolute ground zero on. Not that you can be honest about them and mention them, instead focusing on one where I admitted the Hulk leapt two seconds before detonation (taking him about a hundred feet from the bomb).
Oops...I'm wrong about 60MT.

Still he wasn't at ground zero given the panel you gave us was him JUMPING AWAY :roll:
I used no hyperbole.
I'm gald you have no idea of what this means

Based on other ground zero nukes-- one a high-megaton-- causing no harm and based on gamma radiation being shown numerous times to hurt the Hulk and/or trigger the transformation into human form (which logically means his durability suffers).
Ah, the classic fanwhore statement.

When it doesn't agree with him, it's a weakness that must be made mention so his supposed calculations are correct.

Not that I ever said 60 MT, you liar.
Oops...stand corrected.

Still no hyperbole or twisted visuals. Just rampant ignorance on the part of those arguing against Gladiator and Cap's shield. Arguments that the beam didn't disintegrate were shot down by the fact Gladiator's psionic powers protect structural integrity of objects (which was ignored because Warsie fanwhores repeatedly). Arguments that Thor and Gladiator were hitting with practically no force were shot down by references of the shield's durability (greater than adamantium and not even a single particle could be removed) and how the shield works (absorbs impact directed against it).
Really you gotta love that he does it again to show that there was a holding back.

I mean seriously I would've thought he would've come up with something a bit more interesting then implying writer's intent as the reason that he used a metaphor.

Translation: Quotes moderator, makes him look like an idiot, forces him to backtrack, and other mod locks the thread.
Ah, and here's why he's getting banned.

Yeup...because he spams and accuses one of abusing powers.
Translation: Ghost Rider still hasn't learned that Gladiator's psionic powers compensate for such things. Perhaps if he's told 500 more times.
Translation: I'm losing so I'll add to my side thus pushing it further from Occam's Razor's point that the conclusion with the less variables that fits the facts is better when explaining an unknown event.
Translation: Someone ban him before Ghost Rider makes more of a fool of himself by telling untruths.

Translation: Mommy!! The bad men don't like me and demand I dare prove my assumptions with such bad things like Math and science because pseudoscience and lies don't work...WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

FINISH HIM!!!!
Jonathanos
BANNED

Post by Jonathanos »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Jonathanos wrote:20 Megaton.

Oops...I'm wrong about 60MT.
You forgot to concede that I never said the Hulk was shown standing and absorbing the blast.
Ghost Rider wrote:Still he wasn't at ground zero given the panel you gave us was him JUMPING AWAY :roll:
Still not admitting that there were other references given where he was ground zero. Still a liar, aren't you?

or that there were other references given. Still a liar, aren't you?
I used no hyperbole.
I'm gald you have no idea of what this means[/quote]

You are apparently getting me confused with that illiterate Warsie, Nitram.

Still not admitting there were other references given. Still a liar, aren't you?
Ah, the classic fanwhore statement.

When it doesn't agree with him, it's a weakness that must be made mention so his supposed calculations are correct.[/quote]

Ah the Classic Ghost Rider ignorance while pretending he's an authority.

IH #4-6. IH #272. IH #276. ASM Annual #3. Mentioned in IH #270 and #300.

All references for the g-rays triggering a transformation.
Ghost Rider wrote:
Really you gotta love that he does it again to show that there was a holding back.

I mean seriously I would've thought he would've come up with something a bit more interesting then implying writer's intent as the reason that he used a metaphor.
Reed: "Suddenly the whole building was rocking... because a costumed man had picked it up by one corner!"

(Insert Warsie reaction: "Nuh-uh! Didn't happen! Building didn't crumble!")

Shut up.

Reed: "That should have been impossible-- the building should have fallen apart--"

Reed: "Although Gladiator clearly possesses super-human physical traits, it was apparent that much of his power is actually psionic in nature--"

That's the given reason for his defying physics. I never said he was holding back. Another lie on your part.
Ghost Rider wrote:
Ah, and here's why he's getting banned.

Yeup...because he spams and accuses one of abusing powers.
And what should I think when Nitram is shown wrong and a mod chimes in with "Nitram's right" and locks the thread. Especially since Nitram made it a point to bring up that argument in an unrelated thread...

Kinda like you did with the Hulk stuff in an earlier thread. Hm. Pattern?
Ghost Rider wrote:
Translation: I'm losing so I'll add to my side thus pushing it further from Occam's Razor's point that the conclusion with the less variables that fits the facts is better when explaining an unknown event.
Nonsense. The comic itself tells us how GLadiator was able to defy physics.
Ghost Rider wrote:

Translation: Mommy!! The bad men don't like me and demand I dare prove my assumptions with such bad things like Math and science because pseudoscience and lies don't work...WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Still more ignorance from you. My statement on Gladiator's power is in the book. FF #250. That means it's up to you to disprove it and your standard "but the visual--!" won't hold up in light of Gladiator's psionic abilities.

You were caught lying repeatedly. Admit it.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Jonathanos wrote:
You forgot to concede that I never said the Hulk was shown standing and absorbing the blast.
Y'know...when a person can't even keep their lies straight :lol:
Ghost Rider wrote: Still not admitting that there were other references given where he was ground zero. Still a liar, aren't you?

or that there were other references given. Still a liar, aren't you?
Nice that Future Imperfect showed otherwise :D

You are apparently getting me confused with that illiterate Warsie, Nitram.

Still not admitting there were other references given. Still a liar, aren't you?
Glad to see you're still the semantic lying whore. :D
Ah the Classic Ghost Rider ignorance while pretending he's an authority.

IH #4-6. IH #272. IH #276. ASM Annual #3. Mentioned in IH #270 and #300.

All references for the g-rays triggering a transformation.
Amazing that wasn't what I was talking about :lol:
Reed: "Suddenly the whole building was rocking... because a costumed man had picked it up by one corner!"

(Insert Warsie reaction: "Nuh-uh! Didn't happen! Building didn't crumble!")

Shut up.

Reed: "That should have been impossible-- the building should have fallen apart--"

Reed: "Although Gladiator clearly possesses super-human physical traits, it was apparent that much of his power is actually psionic in nature--"

That's the given reason for his defying physics. I never said he was holding back. Another lie on your part.
Glad to see you really cannot grasp what what Hyperbole means.

And before you go shouting it.

Look at the panel and realize why I'm laughing at you shouting out the contradiction of using the caption and then going "HE's HOLDING BACK!!!"

Because honestly this is twice you're bullshitting in this post alone.
Ghost Rider wrote:
And what should I think when Nitram is shown wrong and a mod chimes in with "Nitram's right" and locks the thread. Especially since Nitram made it a point to bring up that argument in an unrelated thread...

Kinda like you did with the Hulk stuff in an earlier thread. Hm. Pattern?
Yeup, you're an idiot.
Ghost Rider wrote:
Nonsense. The comic itself tells us how GLadiator was able to defy physics.
Still doesn't get it. :lol:
Ghost Rider wrote:
Still more ignorance from you. My statement on Gladiator's power is in the book. FF #250. That means it's up to you to disprove it and your standard "but the visual--!" won't hold up in light of Gladiator's psionic abilities.

You were caught lying repeatedly. Admit it.
Given this is so far three times...and given you're the one actually twisting shit.

It's amazing that Nitram, or actually anyone else has jumped on my ass going "Ghost you're lying, shut the fuck up."

What because you think the board wouldn't clamp me down?

You are truly one dumbfuck moron.

You don't honestly get why that when you spouting hyperbole, semantic whoring and finally denying any other proof is why you're being laughed at and not because people are thinking 'Hmm, maybe Gladiator has something?'

Of course he does dumbfuck, he wouldn't be able to do half the shit he does without some element X. That wasn't the point.

The point was you literally adding variables to prove your patheitc proof and not realizing that it made no logical sense that he would be HOLDING BACK.

So you twist and bandy semantics because without such, you're nothing more then usual fat lonely comicwhore who sits around pissing and moaning how dare someone say otherwise.

Jonathanos
BANNED

Post by Jonathanos »

Ghost Rider wrote:Y'know...when a person can't even keep their lies straight :lol:
Then you'll have no trouble linking to where I said "The Hulk absorbed a nuclear detonation at ground zero."

Oh wait. I didn't say that. And you say I did. Guess what that makes you? A liar.
Ghost Rider wrote:Nice that Future Imperfect showed otherwise :D

Nicer still that a high-megaton bomb did nothing more than cause his ears to ring and make him complain that he landed hard. The heat didn't bother him. Or the other ground zero nukes.

Gee, four or five to one... Which should take precedence... This is a tough call.
Ghost Rider wrote:Glad to see you're still the semantic lying whore. :D
When in doubt, you just insult. What's that called again? Ad hominem?
Ghost Rider wrote:Amazing that wasn't what I was talking about :lol:
It wasn't? Let's retrace and see:

Me: Based on other ground zero nukes-- one a high-megaton-- causing no harm and based on gamma radiation being shown numerous times to hurt the Hulk and/or trigger the transformation into human form (which logically means his durability suffers).

You: Ah, the classic fanwhore statement. When it doesn't agree with him, it's a weakness that must be made mention so his supposed calculations are correct.

Me: Ah the Classic Ghost Rider ignorance while pretending he's an authority. IH #4-6. IH #272. IH #276. ASM Annual #3. Mentioned in IH #270 and #300. All references for the g-rays triggering a transformation.

You: Amazing that wasn't what I was talking about :lol:

So tell me, Ghost Rider, what weakness were you saying I supposedly invented if not the g-ray bit?
Ghost Rider wrote:Glad to see you really cannot grasp what what Hyperbole means.
You know, the first five times you erroneously accused me of that, I didn't really buy it. But the sixth erroneous accusation? I'm still not buying it but that's beside your non-point I guess.
Ghost Rider wrote:And before you go shouting it.

Look at the panel and realize why I'm laughing at you shouting out the contradiction of using the caption and then going "HE's HOLDING BACK!!!"

Because honestly this is twice you're bullshitting in this post alone.
You should have little trouble pointing out where I said he was holding back then, right?
Ghost Rider wrote:Yeup, you're an idiot.
Another ad hominem?
Ghost Rider wrote: Still doesn't get it. :lol:
I'm not surprised you don't get it. Wouldn't want to break your track record.
Ghost Rider wrote:Given this is so far three times...and given you're the one actually twisting shit.
Given that it's actually stated in the book that Gladiator was able to defy physics due to his psionic abilities, I'm twisting nothing.
Ghost Rider wrote:It's amazing that Nitram, or actually anyone else has jumped on my ass going "Ghost you're lying, shut the fuck up."
Why would Nitram jump on you after you agreed with him despite him being proven wrong and locked the thread? One of those "you pat my back, I'll pat yours" seemingly.
Ghost Rider wrote:What because you think the board wouldn't clamp me down?
Something like that.
Ghost Rider wrote:You are truly one dumbfuck moron.
Another one? Wow.
Ghost Rider wrote:You don't honestly get why that when you spouting hyperbole,
What hyperbole?
Ghost Rider wrote:semantic whoring
Actually that was Nitram who started the semantics crap. I just felt it worth proving him wrong since he was bringing me and it up in unrelated threads.
Ghost Rider wrote:and finally denying any other proof is why you're being laughed at and not because people are thinking 'Hmm, maybe Gladiator has something?'

Of course he does dumbfuck, he wouldn't be able to do half the shit he does without some element X. That wasn't the point.

The point was you literally adding variables to prove your patheitc proof and not realizing that it made no logical sense that he would be HOLDING BACK.
You should have no trouble pointing to where I said he was holding back.
Ghost Rider wrote:So you twist and bandy semantics because without such, you're nothing more then usual fat lonely comicwhore who sits around pissing and moaning how dare someone say otherwise.
And still another.

You're on a roll with this ad hominem stuff.
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Another yes here, seen less of him than the other two, but looks like copy+paste job to me. With some more hints of evil warsie paranoia(even though not all the debaters are even pro-wars), are these guys comic fanwhores or disgruntled star trek whores?
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Not even sure who the fuck this joker is but i'm gettin ban happy already. Any idea who the other 2 voting to keep them are?
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Krechet
Lex Falconus

Post by Krechet »

Ban done.
SD.net Admin Service

Swooping down on hapless prey erm users since 2003.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Locking.

Dorko gets banned mostly for the same reason Darth Shinji...and will likely tell the tale of some mod doing it because one couldn't refute his unbreakable arguments.