What should be done with Ted?

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

What should we do with Ted?

Nothing
11%
Extended temp ban
7%
Custom title
19%
Chewtoy
12%
Perm ban
52%

Total votes: 85

BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
BoredShirtless wrote:Members who give reasons like "well everyone else wants him banned I'll just go with the flow" deserve to be ridiculed I'm afraid.
Let me pose a question.
Take a person who has been on here for only four months, and has posted less than 180 times; a person like that who enters this thread with the opinion that he knows Ted far better than any of the long-term members. In short, a person who has only a small grasp of the situation, but declares that he is much more aware of the issue than any of the people who have been intimately involved with it since Ted's registration.

Should this person be ridiculed?
Try and familarise yourself with the board you're moderating Pablo:

Ring any bells?
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Are you just trying to egg Pablo?

Seriously how has Ted not make an ass out himself, and why should we let him just scurry away?
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Lagmonster wrote:
BoredShirtless wrote:Members who give reasons like "well everyone else wants him banned I'll just go with the flow" deserve to be ridiculed I'm afraid.
You get full points for gusto, kid,
:o Daddy? Is it really you?
Lagmonster wrote: but you are metaphorically getting out of the safari jeep and kicking the lions. Guess what that means, metaphorically?
You're gonna kick my arse?
Lagmonster wrote: What I want to know is, do you understand what behaviour Ted has exhibited that has insulted and pissed MORE THAN ONE person off? And that he has been warned repeatedly and told to knock it the hell off? You claim he's not 'all bad'. Here's a saying for you: Someone who is nice to you, but mean to the waiter, ain't a nice person. That means that just because he lends himself to unoffensive conversation some of the time doesn't give him a license to be an ignorant fucking moron at other times. And there's no reason that his chosen targets should have to suffer insults brought out just because Ted felt like it.
Christ, it was such a soft, unremarkable remark about the Irish. You're over reacting.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Personally, I think the time when Ted was purposely stalking and harassing Kelly and Zaia was enough to perm ban him.

Bored, I'm also begining to think that you're either just taking the Devil's Advocate position because you honestly don't know any better, or you know Ted in real life or through AIM or such and trying to defend your "buddy".

Either way, it's just not working the way you want it...

And for the last time, we are NOT banning him soley for that single "Irish comment", but for that and his behavior afterwards. And for the fact that his total behavior in that thread was the last straw, adding up to the large list of his previous violations and examples of trollish and rude behavior.

Frankly, you simply do not understand, so kindly end your pittiful attempts to defend such a worthless exuse for a human being.
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2003-06-19 03:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

BoredShirtless wrote:Try and familarise yourself with the board you're moderating Pablo:

Ring any bells?
I don't have to do this, because I was actually here and reading posts when Ted was banned the first time. Besides which, the search function only reaches the last 100.000 posts on the board, out of nearly 550.000, you fuckwit.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Colonel Olrik wrote:
Being an arsehole isn't valid, or I'd be opening a poll right now to have you banned.
I'd like to see that. I doubt you'd like the poll results.

BSL, cease and desist. You weren't here during the events that led to Ted's first ban. He didn't get any better. You may feel that some VIP members are only mad because of his irish comments. Your bad, and they are completely justified in their wrath. Make similar idiotic comments about the portuguese and I'll see you banned.
:lol:
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

And with this the thread goes to the Hall of Shame. Enough with the bullshit.
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Ghost Rider wrote:Are you just trying to egg Pablo?
No, why?
Ghost Rider wrote: Seriously how has Ted not make an ass out himself, and why should we let him just scurry away?
Well he did make an arse of himself. Let him scurry away because I don't think his crime warrents a permanent ban.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

His crimes do deserve a ban...but chewtoy would be so much more fun...
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Pablo Sanchez wrote:
BoredShirtless wrote:Try and familarise yourself with the board you're moderating Pablo:

Ring any bells?
I don't have to do this, because I was actually here and reading posts when Ted was banned the first time. Besides which, the search function only reaches the last 100.000 posts on the board, out of nearly 550.000, you fuckwit.
Go fuck yourself. You want to start banning people for obnoxious one liners, go ahead and add it to Announcement under the Banning (acceptable use policy) thread as point 4.
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

BoredShirtless wrote: Go fuck yourself. You want to start banning people for obnoxious one liners, go ahead and add it to Announcement under the Banning (acceptable use policy) thread as point 4.
I guess you missed the post below that one, where Darth Wong says
Please note that this is not a legal document, and if the mods ask you to stop doing something, it is unwise to look for loopholes in the language of this announcement.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

destroying
motherfucking FANFICTION, including a chapter of Starcrossed! We're
lucky Stravo had a backup on his HDD, but a fanfic was lost forever
because that was the only copy!
You read Starcrossed?
:mrgreen:

And let's keep Chewtoy out of this....even though I whole heartedly agree with the sentiment.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote: And for the last time, we are NOT banning him soley for that single "Irish comment", but for that and his behavior afterwards.
You're wrong, his Irish comment started a flame war. Flame posts in this context shouldn't be used against him.
Spanky The Dolphin wrote: And for the fact that his total behavior in that thread was the last straw, adding up to the large list of his previous violations and examples of trollish and rude behavior.
You're keeping a list? How does this work?
Spanky The Dolphin wrote: Frankly, you simply do not understand, so kindly end your pittiful attempts to defend such a worthless exuse for a human being.
Clearly because I don't agree with you, I don't understand your argument. Perfect.
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Colonel Olrik wrote:
BoredShirtless wrote: Go fuck yourself. You want to start banning people for obnoxious one liners, go ahead and add it to Announcement under the Banning (acceptable use policy) thread as point 4.
I guess you missed the post below that one, where Darth Wong says
Please note that this is not a legal document, and if the mods ask you to stop doing something, it is unwise to look for loopholes in the language of this announcement.
No actually I didn't. But it would make things clearer if you listed "obnoxiousness" as a bannable offense.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

For what it's worth, I voted against the ban. I know he's pissed an awful lot of people off and many are regarding his Irish remarks as the straw that broke the camel's back, but we've had others who have done worse than he and the only thing they did to dodge a ban that Ted did not was occasionally post content between the flamebait. We only banned Darkstar when he started hijaking threads and called Darth Wong a huge, gaping vagina. We didn't ban Arminus until he reverted to outright spamming. We banned Azeron only at his own request, and he made Ted look like wicker basket full of puppies (he outright drove one of our first female members, Lusankya, right off the board, and we still didn't ban him). We haven't banned Falkenhorst, we unbanned The Question (a.k.a. Storm Rucker), we never banned Enlightenment. Every one of those people have done worse than Ted (much worse, in Azeron's case), and yet Ted's fate is now up to a poll.

I'm sorry. I know he's already been given second chances, I know very few people like him, and I know he would have been banned ages ago at most other boards. I certainly don't like him, and if his remarks had been about Italians instead of the Irish, maybe I'd have a different opinion, but I just don't think he's worthy of a perm ban. If the rest of the board thinks otherwise, fine, I'll accept that.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Kelly Antilles wrote: He kept saying "I'll do better", but he still refuses to think before he speaks.
Sounds EXACTLY like DimBulb aka "unenlightened" aka "Enlightened".
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

MKSheppard wrote:

destroying
motherfucking FANFICTION, including a chapter of Starcrossed! We're
lucky Stravo had a backup on his HDD, but a fanfic was lost forever
because that was the only copy!
You read Starcrossed?
:mrgreen:

And let's keep Chewtoy out of this....even though I whole heartedly agree with the sentiment.

I APOLOGIZE TO SHEP.

I hit edit instead of quote so I totally defaced his post!! This is the first time this happened to me and I'm sorry Shep. :oops: SHIT!!!
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Is Bored Shirtless a Ted sock puppet? Damn even Shep, Teds only friend on the board, isn't defending the wee bitch so strongly. I smell something fishy and i know it isn't Teds mum.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Stravo wrote: I hit edit instead of quote so I totally defaced his post!! This is the first time this happened to me and I'm sorry Shep. :oops: SHIT!!!
Yes I read Starcrossed, at least the first few chapters of it :P

Basically, what I said was: Don't PermBan Ted until we clean the
Rats nest of TrollKingdom fools out including Chookie.

Ted has spouted off a few insults that piss people off, but what
have the TK people done? They've:

Defaced the Board with Scat

Destroyed motherfucking FANFICTION, including a chapter of
Starcrossed! We're lucky Stravo had a backup on his HDD, but a
fanfic was lost forever because that was the only copy!

All through this, Chookie has sucked TK's cock, and even threatened
SD net with more hack attacks unless we lay off his well flamed ass...

Against this, all ted has done is say off color jokes...not a big comparison
in my book. off color insulting jokes can be ignored, but there's a fanfic
out there THAT ISN'T COMING BACK thanks to TK...

BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

irishmick79 wrote:I must say I find it....odd that Ted's case has inspired such a passionate defense from BoredShirtless. Hey Bored, do you guys know each other or something?
Have a look at the offending thread:

==============================
The Start
Ted wrote: Thank God I've got no Irish in me at all.
Comment: Posted Thursday night, June the 12th. Yep, it's a Ted brain explosion.

The Flamewar
Dalton wrote: Fuck you.
Comment: Dalton strikes back.
Ted wrote: A threat by someone for whom it is impossible to sneak around due to the creaking of the earth is laughable.

Plus, another donought store opened near me, making that 6 within a 9 block radius.
Comment: Ted's already flustered, forgetting the definition of "threat". He tried to flame back, it wasn't very hot.

Ted's on fire at this point and bails. Comes back 5 nights later with this:
Ted wrote: Irish Pride?

HAH. Here comes the GIRA, the Gay wing of the IRA! :lol:

This thread was not meant to glorify in the Irish, for fucks sake, but to post your own bloody Coat of Arms, got it?

So shut your mouth, read the posts at the begining of the thread, and think, though thinking IS hard for an Irishman, I know.
Comment: Very obnoxious, and his best effort, although it took him 5 nights which counts against.

The End
David wrote: All mods please check mod forum.
Comment: Ted gets his temp ban.

======================================

He got punished. I don't see why he should be punished further for the above. He firstly can't flame for shit which is bad in itself, secondly and the most importantly he is a contributing member of this board. His obnoxiousness is, once again, the exception rather then the rule, so he should stay.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

WTF!?? Umm Shirtless, doesn't this ring a bell?
Or are you a Sock Puppet for Ted?

BTW Shep, I'm sorry for attacking you over the 'Ramen Noodles' thing. Let's just say I misunderstood your intentions. Just like when that Hyperion cruiser bumped into that Sharlin one day...

P.S. I think Darth Wong might be more interested in that list you PMed me...
Image Image
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

BS, apt initals.....
Anyway, you seemed to think before that Ted should be proud of living up to his "obnoxious" title....well, gee...havent you figured out that the behaviour came first and the title later....he's been temp banned before and he has not improved significantly that's what this is about.
You seem to be of the opinion running around offending people is fine, since after all there's nothing specifically up about it.....sorry bud, but that isnt how it works....he's been told many times to cease his behaviour....these warning have not been heeded....and so, its time for other measures....if this was some sort of mod-dictator trip as you seem to think he'd have been permbanned already rather than getting put to the vote

You'll also notice, unlike the more traditional banning polls here...there's other options up for him....rather than a yes/no poll....
He's been warned, he's been punished before and he's been warned again....and he's still kept at it.....
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

RedImperator wrote:For what it's worth, I voted against the ban. I know he's pissed an awful lot of people off and many are regarding his Irish remarks as the straw that broke the camel's back, but we've had others who have done worse than he and the only thing they did to dodge a ban that Ted did not was occasionally post content between the flamebait. We only banned Darkstar when he started hijaking threads and called Darth Wong a huge, gaping vagina. We didn't ban Arminus until he reverted to outright spamming. We banned Azeron only at his own request, and he made Ted look like wicker basket full of puppies (he outright drove one of our first female members, Lusankya, right off the board, and we still didn't ban him). We haven't banned Falkenhorst, we unbanned The Question (a.k.a. Storm Rucker), we never banned Enlightenment. Every one of those people have done worse than Ted (much worse, in Azeron's case), and yet Ted's fate is now up to a poll.

I'm sorry. I know he's already been given second chances, I know very few people like him, and I know he would have been banned ages ago at most other boards. I certainly don't like him, and if his remarks had been about Italians instead of the Irish, maybe I'd have a different opinion, but I just don't think he's worthy of a perm ban. If the rest of the board thinks otherwise, fine, I'll accept that.
I also have a problem with how easy it became to perm-ban people. But, what can I say? SD.net is definitely changing. This board used to stand for the mockery of stupid people, now we just ban them. Hell, we didn't even ban patkelly at first, yet we ban Ted.

And when I propose that we deal with Ted the old-fashioned way, the mods complain that they don't want to deal with Ted by HoSing his threads. Before, they would have done this, but by now it seems that they're too tired of it all to care. When was the last time a troll recieved a good HoSing? It hasn't happened in ages.

You can consider this rant a sort of complaining about the changes at SD.net, sort of like a 80yr old saying "Well, in my day....", but still, the spirit of this board has changed, yet SD.net isn't even a year old! This worries me.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

fgalkin wrote: I also have a problem with how easy it became to perm-ban people. But, what can I say? SD.net is definitely changing. This board used to stand for the mockery of stupid people, now we just ban them. Hell, we didn't even ban patkelly at first, yet we ban Ted.
We were arguing with Patkelly. Assholes who only fling shit have always been promptly banned, and will be in the future. Ted doesn't engage in debates, lately he has just been taking shots at people.
And when I propose that we deal with Ted the old-fashioned way, the mods complain that they don't want to deal with Ted by HoSing his threads. Before, they would have done this, but by now it seems that they're too tired of it all to care. When was the last time a troll recieved a good HoSing? It hasn't happened in ages.
We haven't had a virulent troll since then (and worthy of messing with). But you're right in one thing. We shouldn't complain about the work. I'm perfectly willing to continue HOSing bullshit.
You can consider this rant a sort of complaining about the changes at SD.net, sort of like a 80yr old saying "Well, in my day....", but still, the spirit of this board has changed, yet SD.net isn't even a year old! This worries me.
I don't think so, but you're entitled to your feelings.
BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Keevan_Colton wrote:BS, apt initals.....
Who the fuck is this? Strutting into a conversation with an insult hey. Wow, you must be good! Ok Keevan, let's see what you've got.
Keevan_Colton wrote: Anyway, you seemed to think before that Ted should be proud of living up to his "obnoxious" title
Keevan please don't be offended, and I mean no disrespect, but can you read?
Keevan_Colton wrote: ....well, gee...havent you figured out that the behaviour came first and the title later....he's been temp banned before and he has not improved significantly that's what this is about.
No Keevan, until you pointed this out, I didn't know this. Many thanks.
Keevan_Colton wrote: You seem to be of the opinion running around offending people is fine, since after all there's nothing specifically up about it.....sorry bud, but that isnt how it works....
It's clear now I've been misinformed. I hope you'll teach me the way things really work Keevan, it'd be an honour to learn from you.
Keevan_Colton wrote: ....he's been told many times to cease his behaviour....these warning have not been heeded....and so, its time for other measures....if this was some sort of mod-dictator trip as you seem to think he'd have been permbanned already rather than getting put to the vote
Well there goes my "mod-dictator trip" theory out the window, thanks to a well timmed spinning side kick! Legend!
Keevan_Colton wrote: You'll also notice, unlike the more traditional banning polls here...there's other options up for him....rather than a yes/no poll....
He's been warned, he's been punished before and he's been warned again....and he's still kept at it.....
Yes! Thank you Keevan! I now see Ted for what he really is, a full time shit stirrer, with such HATEFUL one liners like "Thank God I've got no Irish in me at all."! Ban the fucker!

And of course there's his record! Every time he's been bad, you've been marking it down. I applaud you in your commitment to tracking Ted's bad behaviour. Using this list against Ted without any reference to GOOD behaviour to base it against, is simply masterful.

Once again Keevan, and I mean no disrespect, but are you a moron?