What should be done with Ted?

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

What should we do with Ted?

Nothing
11%
Extended temp ban
7%
Custom title
19%
Chewtoy
12%
Perm ban
52%

Total votes: 85

BoredShirtless
BANNED

Post by BoredShirtless »

Nothing.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Permanent ban. He refuses to learn a damned thing about how to behave. He's had quite a few chances to learn, as well.
Fuck 'im.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Einhander Sn0m4n wrote:Perm Ban. Reasons are in Ted thread
fgalkin wrote:Explanation of the "Chewtoy" option.

No matter what Ted posts, it goes to the HOS, where he will be flamed continuosly, and his posts editied by the Horsemen.

As I've said before, making Ted the chewtoy would help the members let out steam, that they had been keeping inside them. It will also, hopefully, ameliorate some conflicts. If Ein and Shep, for instance, are both flaming Ted, then, hopefully, they won't have time to flame each other.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
ROTFLMMFGDQQAO!!!
You know it's true Einman...
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Ted is clearly just a lying sociopathic son of a bitch that has many issues.

Ban him forever. He will not be missed by me, I can tell you.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
thecreech
Smasher/Devourer
Location: New Mexico... and yes it is a state , Go look at a fucking map of the USA

Post by thecreech »

If he has already been temp banned once, he doesn't need a second chance.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

While we're at it, what about evil grey?
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Superman please stay on topic
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Seven-eighths of me want to let him back and watch his stupid arguments get torn to pieces, but one-eighth (my Irish bit) wants to hunt him down and gouge his eyes out with one of his own ribs. So, I'll compromise with myself, and recommedn a perm ban.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

I voted for custom- title, though after reading this thread I say permanent ban. Let him feel the sting of an sd.net-less existence.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Well, as long as you're not being swayed by your own anger :roll:
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Howedar wrote:Well, as long as you're not being swayed by your own anger :roll:
I think I've just not been around for most of Ted's misdeeds (Except for the Irish thing). So I've not seen all of it, I stand by my perm ban. My anger will show, in time.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Permban. He's not controlled himself despite one tempban already and the board probably excaberates his condition.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

(yawn) Off with his head. He's had his chance and piddled it away; "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...."

And I am usually all about leniency and giving chances but I think Ted's a perpetual, irredeemable hoser now.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Kelly Antilles
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kelly Antilles »

Okay, how many chances are we going to give him? He has yet to show any improvement. He goes OUT OF HIS WAY to annoy people. This last was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Ban him permanently. The board will be better for it.
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Howedar wrote:I'm not real big on banning a guy because his typical shit happened to offend a few important people on the board. It smacks of favoritism.
I believe I speak for the supermods when I say that we have never had anything but complaints from the board about Ted, and that his shit has not been isolated to a single group. It didn't offend a "few important people." In his time on this board, Ted has offended almost everyone. I would have to really reach to think of a single other person who has been on these boards as long as me and still considers Ted to be a worthy member.

Using Sheppard as an example for favoritism is fallacious. Sheppard is no one's favorite, and he managed to offend essentially the same cross section of these "important people" you speak of as Ted. But because his behavior is neither as virulent nor as non-contributive as Ted's, permanent banning has never been discussed for more a few moments. When compliance with the rules was demanded of him, when he was warned about his behavior, MKSheppard has generally heeded these warnings.

Ted did not do so, hence we have come to this thread. If you still think its favoritism, look at how the poll stands. 85% of those polled want him punished, 68% severely so. We are not playing favorites.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

I'm done with him. It's gotten to the point where he's just causing trouble and running his mouth all over the place. Not only that but to presume to speak for others including the mods on board rules and banning? Gimme a break, talk about the kid taking a power trip.

I've talked about this with my BF who's met Ted in real life on several occasions and even taking his real life problems into account it doesn't make a difference. Ted has issues, fine, but to use them as an excuse to crap up the message board is something I don't look kindly on, nevermind that 95% of his posts are pure garbage these days. In the end I think it comes down to the same thing with him as it did with RayCav, he will have to removed for his own good and the good of the board.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I usually ignore what he says and avoid posts by him so I really haven't notice his fall from grace, much like I missed RayCav's downfall.

But I think nothing for a day, unlock the "Ted's at it again" thread so I can post this:
Ted wrote:Thank God I've got no Irish in me at all.
Einie, would you mind putting some in him?

Damn, I wish I would have seen that thread earlier.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Pablo Sanchez wrote: Using Sheppard as an example for favoritism is fallacious. Sheppard is no one's favorite, and he managed to offend essentially the same cross section of these "important people" you speak of as Ted. But because his behavior is neither as virulent nor as non-contributive as Ted's, permanent banning has never been discussed for more a few moments. When compliance with the rules was demanded of him, when he was warned about his behavior, MKSheppard has generally heeded these warnings.
I wasn't referring to apparent favoritism WRT Shep. I was referring to the fact that Ted can call the Japanese "nips" and bash gays without apparent penalty, but if he offends the nationality of the mods he gets a temp (or perma) ban. Maybe I'm just suspicious and paranoid, but the timing seemed odd to me.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Actually, I have not heard much of him since his last temp ban so the Irish bit was something I had to go back and read after I saw the temp ban threat on Ted.

I have been here long enough to see Ted from the normal type ass hole to the super prick right before and durring the 'Week of Hell'. He has had numerous warning, various complaints, a temp ban before, and still the little prick wanders around picking fights.

Though on one hand, he is fun to hate, it is still disruptive for him to pull his little attension grabbing stunts everyother month. Fuck him, ban the kid.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Ban him. Permanananananananatly. Fucking kick his ass to the curb. Shit, he's worthless and his insults are pointless. He will NEVER get a fucking clue. I want Fred Flintstone in to da house, I want the cat outta da house. Yaba daba doo now.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
brothersinarm
Padawan Learner

Post by brothersinarm »

Hmmm... He has 3000 odd posts. How in the world did he not get banned before? Did he just suddenly went postal and shot up the forum?
Everyone knows the formation by which you achieved victory, yet no one knows the formations by which you were able to create victory
- Sun Tzu
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

hm. I havent personally seen him go beyond obnoxious, so would have said nothing.

but I see a dozen people who could persuade me if they tried, and they say perm ban.

-goes with the crowd-
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Tosho
Rabid Monkey

Post by Tosho »

Perm ban.
Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:45 pm 666th post.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

I've said it as a mod and I've said it as a regular Joe: Everyone gave him a chance to play nice. We don't have to say it twice.

Although he didn't do anything to me, personally (no one ever does anything to me, personally. I blame the menacing avatar.), I understand that he has ruined threads and moods by being an ass. Nobody wants to talk to an ass (unless you do, in which case I do not want to know about it).
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Durran Korr wrote:Ted is certainly less annoying than the asshole-extraordinaire, Enlightenment, who was never banned. I say let him stay but give him a really nasty custom title until he cleans up his shit (which will be never, but one more chance won't hurt).
Bing. Durran hits my opinion square on the fucking head. Enlightenment
was Pure Grade-A dickstain, yet he never was censured for his outlandish
bullfuckery.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944