Darkstar Poll

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Does Darkstar contribute anything useful to this board?

Yes. He contributes intelligent, thoughtful analysis
9%
Sort of. He's a good source of amusement and he helps remind us all of how stupid Trekkie fanatics can be
24%
Not really. He refuses to admit defeat on even the smallest point, so every thread invariably degenerates into him ignoring rebuttals and everyone else getting fed up and resorting to flames.
38%
No. He's a worthless fucking idiot.
29%

Total votes: 91

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

DarkStar come on, Darth Wong never ran away from you, he just didn't care enough about you to think it was worth coming back. Also, he really wasn't trying to get involved in the little flame wars that up until now you have had no hesitation to get into.

Darth Wong challenged you. You then challenged him back, attempting to set conditions while you were doing so. Darth Wong is actually the challenged party.

Seeing as how you have never in the past so much as thought twice about getting into debates that would inevitably lead to flaming, I see no reason to think your refusal to debate Darth Wong is the result of anything less than cowardice on your part, and that it is merely an excuse to escape while saving face. Now, if you were the least bit confident in your skills debating, you would take Darth Wong. You would realize that if you were truly better at debates than Darth Wong, you would not actually need to resort to name calling and the like. Instead you could beat him in a debate, and then everyone would realize that his "childish" antics were in fact not justified, and that you had won the debate. Your inability to defeat Darth Wong is demonstrated by the fact that you refuse to debate him. Considering that you have never once been able to defeat me, I see it as being a correct decision on your part to refuse the debate, but I also think that you should not attempt to claim that Darth Wong is at fault for your refusal. That is dishonest.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Mocking Darkstar just lost all challenge for me and he has flat out said he won't do it sooooooo

See ya

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

Just do the debate and get on with it. The points you both debate and the way it's done should stand for itself.

BTW, the man wanted a yes or no answer; seemed pretty clear to the rest of us...

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

You have to remeber what Darkstar sees and what the rest of us see are quite diffrent...

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

So I have noticed during my lurking phase...

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Post by AdmiralKanos »

Ah, the irony. Darkstar hurls all manner of egregious insults and put-downs in my direction while whining that unless I accept his ridiculous one-sided conditions (in which he can claim victory the moment I return the favour!), I must be a "pussy".

In other words, you refuse to debate me without an exit strategy, ie- your pussy-ass conditions. And why do you need an exit strategy? Because you know perfectly well that you'll lose.
Darkstar wrote:GO AHEAD AND BAN ME, YA BIG PUSSY
Fine. You're gone.

PS. Notice how he suddenly becomes incredibly rude and insulting, after pretending to be a paragon of Netiquette for the past two months. This is a calculated maneuver; as soon as I challenged him to a debate, he immediately knew the only way to minimize his losses would be to avoid the debate at all costs. First he tried to stipulate unreasonable conditions in which he could declare victory at any time, by simply baiting me with his usual politely worded put-downs and then running away when I insulted him in return. Then, I blew away the smokescreen and gave him an ultimatum, to face me or be banned, and he immediately tried to bait me into banning him with his incredibly foul personal insults, because that was the path he saw as producing the least damage. I knew he would never let me pin him down to a straight man to man debate, but the game is not over. There's still his website, which I will dismantle soon ...
Last edited by AdmiralKanos on 2002-09-09 11:43am, edited 1 time in total.
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

This thread has served its purpose then, I would delete it but as it contains good solid evidance of why Darkstar should have been banned I think it best to simply leave it here locked but for all to see

Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Mr Bean wrote:This thread has served its purpose then, I would delete it but as it contains good solid evidance of why Darkstar should have been banned I think it best to simply leave it here locked but for all to see
Yeah.

Now maybe we can get some peace and quiet around here...
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF