[Spiderman Fanboy] 15 and it shows

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 07:36pm

Havok wrote:
Spiderman Fanboy wrote:In my opinion, sexual orientation and a person's masculinity/feminity do not always have to be somehow connected to each other whenever they're mentioned. When I insulting another user by calling him a nancy boy, I was basically saying that he was very girly and he had no courage or other masculine qualities, which is a very big insult to some guys. Let's just drop the whole issue, OK???

OH HEY GUYS I WASN'T BEING HOMOPHOBIC! I WAS JUST SAYING THAT BEING LIKE A GIRL IS AN INSULT!!!! I WAS JUST BEING SEXIST NOT HOMOPHOBIC LETS JUST DROP IT K!!!??!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, I really have missed this kinda stupid.


Double standards. If I insulted somebody by using a hetero term, nobody would make that big of a deal about it.

Homophobia is a fear of hatred of homosexuals. Where did I ever say that I hated gay people? None of my comments ever suggested my hating/be afraid of gays.

What if I called another user a "man ho", or a "dog", would that be heterophobic? And even if it was, would anybody care? No. That's what i call just plain old politically correct DOUBLE STANDARDS BITCH!!!!

First of all, I called him a "nancy boy bitch", as an insult, which basically is a very mean and vulgar way of saying "you're not a man, you're a weak dumb girly boy".

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 07:38pm

Stark wrote:Oh man, the double standard defence of bigotry.

Why is being mean to homosexuals bad when being mean to straight people isn't? IT IS A FUCKING MYSTERY!!!!!!!


NONE OF MY COMMENTS EVER SUGGESTED A HATRED TOWARDS ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT BELONG TO A SEXUAL ORIENTATION AT ALL. BEING MEAN TO ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE IS ALL EQUALLY BAD AND WRONG. NOW LETS STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD

User avatar
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 14912
Joined: 2002-07-09 04:51am
Location: In Denial
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Batman » 2013-02-11 07:39pm

So, if I'm a serial killer with no particular political leanings, and I'm only murderizing people because I like it with no political agenda, I'm not evil? Interesting position.:D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 07:42pm

Havok wrote:
Spiderman Fanboy wrote: I just thought that a nancy boy was just a very girly male.
Exactly you idiot. And you think that is bad.
You don't just get to dismiss this because you don't understand it fuckhead.

Anakin's redemption was a concept that existed even before Anakin knew of the death star.
This doesn't even make sense as a sentence let alone a concept.

And the Jedi wanted to kill the Sith because of the Sith using the Force was getting in the way of the Jedi using the force, not just because the Sith were dangerously politically/dictatorship.
No dickhead. They want to kill the Sith because the Sith have sworn to destroy them. It's what sane people like to call self defense. Not to mention the "oppression of the Sith"." The Jedi or Sith are not a religious group in the way that we recognize them on our world. The Jedi have actual impact in a real non faith based way. They help guide the Senate and have actual real power. Not just power because a whole bunch of people believe what they say or something written in a book. When a Jedi uses the Force to jump 5 stories straight up, it is not the same as some lady finding a picture of Jesus in a piece of toast and people calling it a miracle. It is a real tangible quantifiable result.

In Darth Plageuis, the Sith imbalance the Force, not by political things, but by using the Force in a way that's different than the Jedi.
Yes and this becomes a physical real threat to the Jedi that may allow them to be wiped out by their enemies or have the government be overthrown by a tyrannical dictator. Go figure.

So, wouldn't that make the Jedi religious persecutors? Palpatine, after all, even told Anakin that you gotta have a less narrow view of the Force.
Again, as I said which so completely dumbfounded you, as opposed to them being the persecuted? It is the Sith that want to wipe out the Jedi. The Jedi response to that is reaction.

Anakin got all creeped out when Palpatine said he knew the ways of the darkside, hinting that the Sith and the Jedi are enemies because of religious differences/different views of the Force.
Negative. They are enemies because of WHAT they use the Force to do. Gawd you are a moron. The Jedi use the Force to sit around and guide the galaxy on request from the government in power, to solve disputes before wars break out, to make sure the Republic is safe. The Sith use the Force to subjugate and conquer so they can blow up planets.


How is Sith meditation powers a real physical threat, IN AND OF THEMSELVES? I don't need to post this article again, do I?

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/forc ... .50006676/

It was all about different views of the Force. The Sith using the Force for darkside abilities, in and of itself, not for the political wars stuff, is what imbalances the Force. "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some (the jedi) consider to be unnatural. The Force couldn't care less about the death star or wars.

The Jedi want to kill the Sith because of the Sith imbalancing the Force, to restore balance to the Force, which is not a political thing. The imbalance to the Force would exist even without the political stuff. It was because of the abilities/powers of the darkside, in and of themselves.

The death star is a very powerful man-made machine. It has nothing to do with the Force

User avatar
Havok
Miscreant
Posts: 13014
Joined: 2005-07-02 10:41pm
Location: Oakland CA
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Havok » 2013-02-11 07:44pm

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:
Stark wrote:Oh man, the double standard defence of bigotry.

Why is being mean to homosexuals bad when being mean to straight people isn't? IT IS A FUCKING MYSTERY!!!!!!!


NONE OF MY COMMENTS EVER SUGGESTED A HATRED TOWARDS ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT BELONG TO A SEXUAL ORIENTATION AT ALL. BEING MEAN TO ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE IS ALL EQUALLY BAD AND WRONG. NOW LETS STOP DERAILING THIS THREAD

Oh sorry, your switchtrack at the stupid station did that dumb fuck.

HEY GUYS I'M IGNORANT OF WHAT WORDS MEAN SO I AM OBVIOUSLY NOT HOMOPHOBIC OR SEXIST AT ALL!! :lol: :lol:
Image

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

User avatar
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight
Posts: 673
Joined: 2005-01-08 01:10am
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby lPeregrine » 2013-02-11 07:47pm

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:First of all, I didn't know that a nancy boy was a reference to a gay man when I called other users nancy boys.


Sure you didn't. You were completely ignorant of how often calling a man "girly" is a way of calling them gay, and depends on a homophobic stereotype of feminine gay men. You just used it without knowing at all about the homophobic connotation, and then instead of apologizing you got mad at everyone and started making pathetic justifications for how it's really not a problem. Yeah, you're just totally innocent here...

The clone wars and the death star are evil things that are UNRELATED TO THE FORCE.


And your subject is "the Empire isn't evil", not "it is possible to be a sith but not be completely evil".

Also, even if these acts didn't specifically involve the use of the force they certainly highlight the lack of moral limits typical of the dark side. Remember the part where the sith (and the dark side) are all about making use of negative emotions for power and personal gain? "Your hate has made you powerful" and all that?

And, yes. Palpatine did some evil things. But that doesn't make all of the Sith inheritley evil. Not all of the Sith are politically driven, dude!!!


Wait, are we talking about the same sith where they had to impose a "there can only be two of us" rule because they kept betraying each other in self-destructive ways for personal gain?

User avatar
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 14912
Joined: 2002-07-09 04:51am
Location: In Denial
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Batman » 2013-02-11 07:49pm

How is a gun a threat in and of itself? And curiously enough, when somebody uses one to kill people, we nevertheless arrest them. Not that I expect you to understand (or, more likely, acknowledge) that but the Jedi opposed the Sith for what they actually did with their powers. The whole oppressing people, wiping out the Jedi , subjugating the galaxy thing.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

User avatar
Havok
Miscreant
Posts: 13014
Joined: 2005-07-02 10:41pm
Location: Oakland CA
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Havok » 2013-02-11 07:56pm

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:How is Sith meditation powers a real physical threat, IN AND OF THEMSELVES? I don't need to post this article again, do I?

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/forc ... .50006676/
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! Gawd you are comically stupid. Article=thread.
Sith Meditation powers aren't a threat in and of themselves. And if all the Sith did with those powers was contemplate all the fun stuff they can do with the Force it would be fine. HOWEVER they use them to cloud the abilities of their enemies so they can kill them, then take over the galaxy and blow up planets of the people that oppose them, which why, you colossal fucking IDIOT, I said that it is WHAT THEY USE THEM FOR that is the issue.

It was all about different views of the Force. The Sith using the Force for darkside abilities, in and of itself, not for the political wars stuff, is what imbalances the Force. "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some (the jedi) consider to be unnatural. The Force couldn't care less about the death star or wars.
You don't even understand what the "unbalance" is do you? Wow. That may actually be the crux of your problem.

The Jedi want to kill the Sith because of the Sith imbalancing the Force, to restore balance to the Force, which is not a political thing. The imbalance to the Force would exist even without the political stuff. It was because of the abilities/powers of the darkside, in and of themselves.
OK, look I realize the irony of repeating this... YOU CAN'T JUST KEEP REPEATING SOMETHING AS YOUR ARGUMENT.

THE JEDI DON'T WANT TO KILL THE SITH BECAUSE THEY IMBALANCE THE FORCE. THE JEDI WANT TO KILL THE SITH BECAUSE THEY USE THE FORCE AND THE IMBALANCE TO KILL ANYONE THAT DOESN'T LIKE THEM RULING THE GALAXY AND WANT TO ERADICATE THE JEDI. My gawd... you are just so fucking stupid.

The death star is a very powerful man-made machine. It has nothing to do with the Force
Well at least you understand this.
Image

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 07:58pm

Batman wrote:How is a gun a threat in and of itself? And curiously enough, when somebody uses one to kill people, we nevertheless arrest them. Not that I expect you to understand (or, more likely, acknowledge) that but the Jedi opposed the Sith for what they actually did with their powers. The whole oppressing people, wiping out the Jedi , subjugating the galaxy thing.


Which were all political things that Stalin or Hitler would do, or Gaddafi or saddam would do, and those things don't involve any special magical superpowers. Everyday politicians did that stuff.

The two concepts of bringing balance to the Force and restoring the Republic/overthrowing a dictatorship are not synonymous with each other.

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 07:59pm

As for my supposedly homophobic insults, nobody would have a problem if i used heterophobic insults.

This is why I hate politicall correctness sooo much. It has soooo many double standards in it!!!

User avatar
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder
Posts: 4854
Joined: 2011-04-22 11:04pm
Location: Ocularis Terribus.

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Ahriman238 » 2013-02-11 08:00pm

Right. Even the amusement value has been leeched out of the thread. Now it's just a slow spiral down to Parting Shots. I love how SF can't even muster a simple apology, even so bland as an 'oops, my bad' for his (allegedly) unintentional slur.

I know nothing will come of this but let's give reason one last shot.

The Jedi and Sith have irreconcilable religious differences. This is largely because the Jedi live a monastic and lifestyle and are trained more-or-less since birth to use their awesome powers responsibly. The Sith do whatever they feel like, which mostly involves killing everyone who gets in their way, or annoys them. Objectively, the treachery and murder makes the Sith terrible people and is quite possible to object to their actions for reasons that have nothing whatsoever to do with religion or philosophy. Is that clear enough?

In fact, it's not "all about" the religion at all. Palpatine is a horrible man who does horrible things and the Jedi would oppose him regardless because, and I know this is an advanced concept, everything Palpatine said or did in the prequel trilogy was meant to undermine and eventually destroy the Republic the Jedi were sworn to protect. When people try to destroy things you do not want destroyed, you are unlikely to get along.

And, yes. Palpatine did some evil things. But that doesn't make all of the Sith inheritley evil. Not all of the Sith are politically driven, dude!!!!


Well Palpatine wanted to rule the Galaxy. So did Vader. And Naga Shadow. Exar Kun. Ulic Qel Droma (he got over it, sort of.) Tyrannus. Ragnos.

Has there even been a Sith portrayed in any part of the series who didn't want to dominate the Galaxy? If there was I apologize and retract, but I don't think there is which makes them politically driven. They were generally pretty evil too.

The two concepts of bringing balance to the Force and restoring the Republic/overthrowing a dictatorship are not synonymous with each other.


And no one has said or implied it is, except in the sense that the person unbalancing the force and running a brutal dictatorship are one and the same.

Which were all political things that Stalin or Hitler would do, or Gaddafi or saddam would do, and those things don't involve any special magical superpowers. Everyday politicians did that stuff.


Which makes them less evil, how exactly?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud

User avatar
Havok
Miscreant
Posts: 13014
Joined: 2005-07-02 10:41pm
Location: Oakland CA
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Havok » 2013-02-11 08:02pm

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:The two concepts of bringing balance to the Force and restoring the Republic/overthrowing a dictatorship are not synonymous with each other.
They are in Star Wars you dumb fucking idiot... The imbalance is Palpatine and the evil he perpetrates as Emperor... why don't you understand this?
Image

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 08:05pm

Havok wrote:
Spiderman Fanboy wrote:How is Sith meditation powers a real physical threat, IN AND OF THEMSELVES? I don't need to post this article again, do I?

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/forc ... .50006676/
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! Gawd you are comically stupid. Article=thread.
Sith Meditation powers aren't a threat in and of themselves. And if all the Sith did with those powers was contemplate all the fun stuff they can do with the Force it would be fine. HOWEVER they use them to cloud the abilities of their enemies so they can kill them, then take over the galaxy and blow up planets of the people that oppose them, which why, you colossal fucking IDIOT, I said that it is WHAT THEY USE THEM FOR that is the issue.

It was all about different views of the Force. The Sith using the Force for darkside abilities, in and of itself, not for the political wars stuff, is what imbalances the Force. "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some (the jedi) consider to be unnatural. The Force couldn't care less about the death star or wars.
You don't even understand what the "unbalance" is do you? Wow. That may actually be the crux of your problem.

The Jedi want to kill the Sith because of the Sith imbalancing the Force, to restore balance to the Force, which is not a political thing. The imbalance to the Force would exist even without the political stuff. It was because of the abilities/powers of the darkside, in and of themselves.
OK, look I realize the irony of repeating this... YOU CAN'T JUST KEEP REPEATING SOMETHING AS YOUR ARGUMENT.

THE JEDI DON'T WANT TO KILL THE SITH BECAUSE THEY IMBALANCE THE FORCE. THE JEDI WANT TO KILL THE SITH BECAUSE THEY USE THE FORCE AND THE IMBALANCE TO KILL ANYONE THAT DOESN'T LIKE THEM RULING THE GALAXY AND WANT TO ERADICATE THE JEDI. My gawd... you are just so fucking stupid.

The death star is a very powerful man-made machine. It has nothing to do with the Force
Well at least you understand this.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLsQClut5c

THE CHOSEN ONE DESTROYS (IE, KILLS)THE SITH BECAUSE THEY IMBALANCE TO THE FORCE

"THE PROPHECY IS THAT ANAKIN WILL BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE AND DESTROY THE SITH. HE BECOMES DARTH VADER. DARTH VADER DOES BECOME THE HERO. DARTH VADER DOES DESTROY THE SITH, MEANING HIMSELF AND THE EMPEROR"-QUOTED STRAIGHT FROM GEORGE LUCAS

DARTH VADER KILLED THE EMPEEROR, WHAT ELSE DO YOU THINK DESTROY MEANT? PLAYING X BOX 360 TOGETHER??? GIVE ME A BREAK WILL YOU!!!!

The force being imbalanced has absolutely nothing to do with the death star or wars or politics or sith/imperial atrocities or dictatorships! The EU talks more about this. you're basing your info off of just mere partially informed film speculation

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 08:08pm

Ahriman 238, I wouldn't have to apologize if I made a hetero-related slur (ie, calling somebody on these boards a man ho or a womanizer or a player or a stud or a ladies man). Double standards are inherent to political correctness, and they are not about equality.

User avatar
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 14912
Joined: 2002-07-09 04:51am
Location: In Denial
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Batman » 2013-02-11 08:14pm

What, exactly, has the imbalance of the Force got to do with the Empire or the Sith being evil?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 08:15pm

Batman wrote:What, exactly, has the imbalance of the Force got to do with the Empire or the Sith being evil?


That's the entire topic of this thread, all of those things combined.

User avatar
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 14912
Joined: 2002-07-09 04:51am
Location: In Denial
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Batman » 2013-02-11 08:18pm

Um no it's not. The entire topic of this thread is whether or not they were evil, and 100% of available evidence says yes they were. Now explain how the imbalance of the Force figures into it.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 08:19pm

Batman wrote:Um no it's not. The entire topic of this thread is whether or not they were evil, and 100% of available evidence says yes they were. Now explain how the imbalance of the Force figures into it.


The imbalance of the Force does not affect anything but the religious rivals-the sith and the jedi.

User avatar
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight
Posts: 673
Joined: 2005-01-08 01:10am
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby lPeregrine » 2013-02-11 08:20pm

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:Ahriman 238, I wouldn't have to apologize if I made a hetero-related slur (ie, calling somebody on these boards a man ho or a womanizer or a player or a stud or a ladies man). Double standards are inherent to political correctness, and they are not about equality.


Wow. Just when I think you can't dig the hole any deeper you add in a rant about how it's unfair that slurs against a group that often faces real persecution is the same as a "slur" against a group that doesn't. And on top of that you add in the incredible stupidity of saying that your homophobic slur is the the equivalent of calling someone a ladies man, which is often said as a good thing.
Spiderman Fanboy wrote:The force being imbalanced has absolutely nothing to do with the death star or wars or politics or sith/imperial atrocities or dictatorships!


First of all, I can't tell if you're really stupid enough to think that "a member of the sith could possibly not be evil" is the premise of your thread and not "the Empire wasn't evil", or if you've just realized how bad your initial argument was and now just want to derail your own thread so we all forget about it.

Second, dear god you are a moron. The jedi wanted to destroy the sith because the sith were evil. This wasn't a dispute over some obscure bit of theology with no real-world impact, it was an argument over whether it's ok to obtain and use power to benefit yourself at the expense of others. The sith unbalancing the force was just one aspect of the sith doing evil things, and re-balancing the force was just a nice side benefit that came with stopping them.

User avatar
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight
Posts: 673
Joined: 2005-01-08 01:10am
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby lPeregrine » 2013-02-11 08:21pm

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:The imbalance of the Force does not affect anything but the religious rivals-the sith and the jedi.


Unless of course you're one of the people who gets in the way of the sith murdering their way to power.

User avatar
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 14912
Joined: 2002-07-09 04:51am
Location: In Denial
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Batman » 2013-02-11 08:23pm

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:
Batman wrote:Um no it's not. The entire topic of this thread is whether or not they were evil, and 100% of available evidence says yes they were. Now explain how the imbalance of the Force figures into it.

The imbalance of the Force does not affect anything but the religious rivals-the sith and the jedi.

So basically, you're admitting is has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the Empire and the Sith were evil. So-why did you bring it up again?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 08:32pm

lPeregrine wrote:
Spiderman Fanboy wrote:Ahriman 238, I wouldn't have to apologize if I made a hetero-related slur (ie, calling somebody on these boards a man ho or a womanizer or a player or a stud or a ladies man). Double standards are inherent to political correctness, and they are not about equality.


Wow. Just when I think you can't dig the hole any deeper you add in a rant about how it's unfair that slurs against a group that often faces real persecution is the same as a "slur" against a group that doesn't. And on top of that you add in the incredible stupidity of saying that your homophobic slur is the the equivalent of calling someone a ladies man, which is often said as a good thing.
Spiderman Fanboy wrote:The force being imbalanced has absolutely nothing to do with the death star or wars or politics or sith/imperial atrocities or dictatorships!


First of all, I can't tell if you're really stupid enough to think that "a member of the sith could possibly not be evil" is the premise of your thread and not "the Empire wasn't evil", or if you've just realized how bad your initial argument was and now just want to derail your own thread so we all forget about it.

Second, dear god you are a moron. The jedi wanted to destroy the sith because the sith were evil. This wasn't a dispute over some obscure bit of theology with no real-world impact, it was an argument over whether it's ok to obtain and use power to benefit yourself at the expense of others. The sith unbalancing the force was just one aspect of the sith doing evil things, and re-balancing the force was just a nice side benefit that came with stopping them.


That's just like affarmative action. That's like saying that it's ok for me to insult white people/to use an-anti white slur, because, historically, white people weren't persecuted. So, gay people deserve special treatment because of past atrocities from medieval times? No, they don't. I believe in equality, and that's why I think that the concept of affarmative action, in and of itself, is stupid.

Sure, a ladies man is a positive term. But a womanizer isn't a postive term to call a man. It has very negative connotations. But nobody would call me heterophobic if I called a board member a womanizer.

I thought it was the other way around. Freeing alien slaves and saving planets from the death star and saving innocent people from an evil dictatorship was just a positive side effect of bringing balance to the force, not the other way around!!! But the prophecy was just so vague, who knows what it even means, bro?

Spiderman Fanboy
BANNED
Posts: 198
Joined: 2013-02-02 08:49pm

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Spiderman Fanboy » 2013-02-11 08:32pm

Batman wrote:
Spiderman Fanboy wrote:
Batman wrote:Um no it's not. The entire topic of this thread is whether or not they were evil, and 100% of available evidence says yes they were. Now explain how the imbalance of the Force figures into it.

The imbalance of the Force does not affect anything but the religious rivals-the sith and the jedi.

So basically, you're admitting is has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the Empire and the Sith were evil. So-why did you bring it up again?


It's all inter-connected into the same overall topic, bro.

User avatar
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 14912
Joined: 2002-07-09 04:51am
Location: In Denial
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Batman » 2013-02-11 08:40pm

No, it's not. Either the imbalance of the Force affects the Sith being evil or it does not. If it does, explain how it does. If it does not, drop it.

And at the risk of being chided for back seat moderating, the reason you don't get to use homophobic slurs around here is because there's a board rule saying so.
And yeah. Mistreatment of gays only happened in the Middle Ages. There's totally none of that going on in, just for a random example, the modern day US.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kids with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'

User avatar
Havok
Miscreant
Posts: 13014
Joined: 2005-07-02 10:41pm
Location: Oakland CA
Contact:

Re: Was the Galactic Empire/the Sith really so bad and evil?

Postby Havok » 2013-02-11 08:43pm

Spiderman Fanboy wrote:That's just like affarmative action. That's like saying that it's ok for me to insult white people/to use an-anti white slur, because, historically, white people weren't persecuted. So, gay people deserve special treatment because of past atrocities from medieval times? No, they don't. I believe in equality, and that's why I think that the concept of affarmative action, in and of itself, is stupid.
Fucking medieval times? Are you fucking kidding me?

Sure, a ladies man is a positive term. But a womanizer isn't a postive term to call a man. It has very negative connotations. But nobody would call me heterophobic if I called a board member a womanizer.
So Mr. Equality let me ask you a question. Do you call black people niggers?
Image

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"


Return to “Parting Shots”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests