[Star Wars 888] Dispelling rumors about Michael Jackson

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Re: Dispelling rumors about Michael Jackson

Post by Star Wars 888 »

General Zod wrote:
Someone's almost getting the point.
I've been debating long enough to know these stalling methods. Among these is the "omg you're not getting my hidden point and it's so obvious (aka ridiculous and you don't want to reveal it) that I'm going to keep on not answering your post using this as a stalling excuse" tactic.

Because your fatty nerd-rage amuses me.
And you can prove this, right? Or at least support it with something resembling evidence?

No, I'm accusing you of being a fat nerd. There's a difference.
Because clearly not believing all the propaganda and bullshit that Fox "News" tells you is being a "fat nerd".
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Formless wrote:*I'm totally not a brainless parrot!*
It amuses me that you are so easily amused by what amounts to someone's verbal diarrhea used in leu of actual humor or a point.[/quote]

Brainless parrot. Again, if you're trying to be funny, you've failed...again.

I wasn't amused by what Mr. Coffee posted, I agree with his observation that you're that shitbrick who tries to be funny, but by doing so isn't, and just makes himself look like a wanker.

The irony of the least amusing/humourous poster in this thread bellyaching that my post wasn't humourous (it wasn't, nor was I trying to be funny, nor do I give a flying fuck if you think I'm funny or not) or made a point (it did, namely that I agree with Coffee that you're "That Guy", at least in this thread), is somewhat amusing.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Bakustra wrote:Star Wars triple-8, I was sorta sincere in my earlier post, so I'll helpfully explain things for you:

Firstly, people are posting to make fun of you, because you take this so seriously and nobody else cares. I'm willing to bet that nobody really cares about Wacko Jacko now that a full year's gone by and the media dropped him, except for a few diehards.
If you don't care, then don't post in this thread. I originally posted it to the Off Topic section but on second thought maybe I should have posted it in the News section.

Interestingly enough, you still call him "Wacko Jacko" despite my evidence supporting him.

Secondly, "fatty nerd" does not refer to your girth or your nerd status. It is slang for a person that exhibits a certain set of behaviors, namely, acting like the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons. Odious fellow, wouldn't you agree? Then don't act too much like him.
Actually, if you want to use the Simpsons as an analogy, a lot of you guys would be acting like Homer and a lot of other Simpsons characters, who are just as ridiculous as the Comic Book Guy.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote: I've been debating long enough to know these stalling methods. Among these is the "omg you're not getting my hidden point and it's so obvious (aka ridiculous and you don't want to reveal it) that I'm going to keep on not answering your post using this as a stalling excuse" tactic.
So much for almost getting it.
And you can prove this, right? Or at least support it with something resembling evidence?
Prove what? That you're fat? Or that your outrage amuses me? Or that you're a humorless tool?
Because clearly not believing all the propaganda and bullshit that Fox "News" tells you is being a "fat nerd".
Whoosh.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

General Zod wrote:
So much for almost getting it.
So you're going to stall some more, right?

Prove what? That you're fat? Or that your outrage amuses me? Or that you're a humorless tool?
The latter and former. Clearly what you don't understand is that this was supposed to be a serious thread, not a joke thread.

Whoosh.

That sums up your "argument".
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

Star Wars 888 wrote:Interestingly enough, you still call him "Wacko Jacko" despite my evidence supporting him.
Interestingly, you think "He was a good person!" and "Those claims aren't true! He just loved children!" and "He donated lots to charity" and "His album sells really well" constitutes evidence. The majority of your 'defenses' have been unsubstantiated claims, red herrings and complete non-sequiturs. Frankly, unless anyone here knew him personally and intimately (heh), no one here is in a position to say if Jackson really was a "good person" or not, all they can do is make wild claims denouncing anyone who says anything bad about him, like you're doing, or... they can troll you.

I'm cheering for the guys trolling you, just because it's fucking hilarious. :lol: And man, you're making it way too easy.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

Star Wars triple-8, I have only one thing to say:

You ain't bad, you ain't bad, you ain't nothing!
You ain't nothing!

(PS: "Wacko Jacko" is a term of endearment).
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Star Wars 888 wrote:How about we have a debate then?

State your argument...actually, counter mine, since I made the thread. Let's see who wins (no sarcasm intended; let's have a debate to see who's right).
I am not interested in debating you.
Star Wars 888 wrote:If you don't want to debate, then fine, but then your claim as to me having no debating skills lacks substance and evidence backing it up. Therefore, it's a baseless statement.
29 pages of your crap had more than one moderator calling for your head because of your "some" debating skill, which you seem to be applying in a serious manner here in your arguments against people who simply do not give a fuck whether or not you can disprove their claim that you're about as awesome as a spastic colon.

tl;dr: You suck.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote: The latter and former. Clearly what you don't understand is that this was supposed to be a serious thread, not a joke thread.
The problem with your whole thread is that it implies people here actually believe the rumors to begin with. Since nobody has so much as made a thread about him since he died frankly I'm baffled why you're even bothering and wondering why you think anyone at all on here would take your thread seriously to begin with. The fact that you intended it to be serious counts for precisely fuck all.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

[R_H] wrote:Brainless parrot. Again, if you're trying to be funny, you've failed...again.

I wasn't amused by what Mr. Coffee posted, I agree with his observation that you're that shitbrick who tries to be funny, but by doing so isn't, and just makes himself look like a wanker.
Right. Because humor is totally not a matter of taste. :roll:

Why are we having a flame war over COMEDY of all goddamn things, again? Really, for people who value not taking things seriously, you sure take humor quite seriously.
The irony of the least amusing/humourous poster in this thread bellyaching that my post wasn't humourous (it wasn't, nor was I trying to be funny, nor do I give a flying fuck if you think I'm funny or not) or made a point (it did, namely that I agree with Coffee that you're "That Guy", at least in this thread), is somewhat amusing.
Oh, so you're just a worthless little shit who's looking for an excuse to start a fight. And possibly a coward, as all you've added to this thread is basically me too posts.

If you just want a flamewar, I think you'll find I'm a little more competent in that area than in comedy.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Dalton wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:How about we have a debate then?

State your argument...actually, counter mine, since I made the thread. Let's see who wins (no sarcasm intended; let's have a debate to see who's right).
I am not interested in debating you.
Star Wars 888 wrote:If you don't want to debate, then fine, but then your claim as to me having no debating skills lacks substance and evidence backing it up. Therefore, it's a baseless statement.
29 pages of your crap had more than one moderator calling for your head because of your "some" debating skill, which you seem to be applying in a serious manner here in your arguments against people who simply do not give a fuck whether or not you can disprove their claim that you're about as awesome as a spastic colon.

Can we get this preserved in the HoS? It really doesn't deserve an autodelete. :D
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:Interestingly enough, you still call him "Wacko Jacko" despite my evidence supporting him.
Interestingly, you think "He was a good person!" and "Those claims aren't true! He just loved children!" and "He donated lots to charity" and "His album sells really well" constitutes evidence. The majority of your 'defenses' have been unsubstantiated claims, red herrings and complete non-sequiturs. Frankly, unless anyone here knew him personally and intimately (heh), no one here is in a position to say if Jackson really was a "good person" or not, all they can do is make wild claims denouncing anyone who says anything bad about him, like you're doing, or... they can troll you.
Bullshit. Donating lots of charity is indeed evidence towards someone being a good person. His charitable donations are backed up by the Guinness World Book of Records, video footage and charity web sites. Him having vitiligo is backed up by interviews by people close to him. Him overall being a good person is backed up by interviews of people that know him.

These people actually met him (notice that those that despise him are those who haven't actually met him?) and stated publicly that he is a good person:

The Backstreet Boys
MJ's bodyguards
MJ's kids
Britney Spears
Akon
MJ's photographer
A fan of MJ whose life was saved by a donation by MJ
Paul Mccartney
A journalist whose name I forgot
and more
Last edited by Star Wars 888 on 2010-10-15 05:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Dalton wrote: I am not interested in debating you.
Fine, but then your claim has no base. I could just as easily accuse you of being a terrorist and it would be just as valid as your claim, because both our claims would have no evidence to support them.

A single mod "called me out", but failed to give any evidence to support his/her claim. I do not believe people who can't back up their claims. If you have something against me, prove it and I'll believe you. But just saying it doesn't have any substance.

Since you have no evidence to support it, you saying that I suck is not any more valid that me saying that you suck or some guy saying that the Earth isn't round or some other BS.
Last edited by Star Wars 888 on 2010-10-15 06:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Star Wars 888 wrote: Bullshit. Donating lots of charity is indeed evidence towards someone being a good person. His charitable donations are backed up by the Guinness World Book of Records, video footage and charity web sites. Him having vitiligo is backed up by interviews by people close to him. Him overall being a good person is backed up by interviews of people that know him.
Dick Cheney donated millions to charities. Are you going to argue that he's a good person too?
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Uhm, you really want to do this like a vs debate in testing?
First, I don't give a rats ass about your beef with the others or their beef with MJ. I only cared about you claiming false stuff when at the same time declaring being a 'good' debater.
Secondly, I want you to concede the stupid "he gives lots of money to charity - that makes him a good person" or back it up. It isn't rational unless you can show that its the other way around, ie, he gave to charity because he was a good person. Otherwise its inconsistent as a moral definition in that a mass-murderer who gives an equal amount would thus be suddenly "good". The world doesn't work that way.
Third, lots of posts has gone by while I wrote this up so I'll put in a caveat that some has been hashed out by others. But this is testing so I'll not bother going through all that SPAM.
Star Wars 888 wrote:1. Since when are Gates and Buffet assholes? They're not.
Is this what you consider good debating skills?
You usually don't make that much money in business without being one, Gates and Buffet are no exceptions.
If you want some indications why Gates is an asshole you can start by looking up Gary Kildall and Tim Paterson. Then look at the early marketing and monopoly techniques by Microsoft. Yes you can blame Balmer if you want, but note that that would only make Gates less of an asshole to Balmer, not clear him from being one.
For Buffet just look at the relationship between his first and second wife, or did you miss the whole bruha with Nicole Buffet regarding The One Percent. But lets take something financial instead. Look up General Re and AIG and see what you think.
Star Wars 888 wrote:2. He also donated a lot of raw money to charity. Do you realize how much 300 million dollars is?
Did you miss where I already replied to this? Do you know how much more Gates has donated? And to worthier causes to boot?
Its not like you came up with any good response to that either...
Star Wars 888 wrote:3. You still haven't provided any proof of him being an asshole.
Which might have been a point if I had made such a claim. Now I didn't make such a claim, instead that is something which you have been discussing with other posters.
Now in my book, good forum debating skills would include keeping different arguments appart regards to different posters, even if they are in the same thread.
Star Wars 888 wrote:4. People that make fun of Michael Jackson are typically those that don't know him.
No fucking kidding. Sherlock asks for his shit back. You think that SDN would be stock full of people who had a personal relationship with MJ?
Star Wars 888 wrote:Note that all these people have actually MET Michael Jackson and liked him when they met him. Heck, Akon even said that he was scared of Michael Jackson at first because of what the media portrayed him to be, but eventually became friends with him.
So? Charles Manson was regarded by most people as a very nice person until he went batshit crazy.
But note that that is a discussion you should have with the other posters and not me.
Star Wars 888 wrote:Who should I trust more? You unsupported testimony when you haven't even met Michael Jackson, or a huge amount of mostly trustworthy people that have indeed met him and like him?
Again, calling me out personally on something which I have never supported or said would be kinda strange even for your "debating skills" don't you think?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Star Wars 888 wrote: A single mod "called me out", but failed to give any evidence to support his/her claim. I do not believe people who can't back up their claims. If you have something against me, prove it and I'll believe you. But just saying it doesn't have any substance.
Comedy post of the year after your earlier behavior where you went all "LALALA not hearing you".
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

1. That doesn't prove anything. Surely are you claiming that every rich guy is bad based on that logic?
2. Bill Gates is also a good person (based on what we can tell), and MJ donated a larger percentage of his money than Gates did. Also, Michael Jackson advocated for change in his songs.
3. Then what are you trying to assert?
4. My point is that those that actually met him typically have a positive view of him.
5. Actually, Akon said that he was a good person in 2008. He used the present tense "is". So even if MJ went "batshit crazy" like you claim, Akon (who actually knew him) regarded him as a good person.

Thanas wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote: A single mod "called me out", but failed to give any evidence to support his/her claim. I do not believe people who can't back up their claims. If you have something against me, prove it and I'll believe you. But just saying it doesn't have any substance.
Comedy post of the year after your earlier behavior where you went all "LALALA not hearing you".
When? Where?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The same thread Dalton linked to.

Again, comedy post of the year.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Star Wars 888 wrote:Bullshit
You mad?
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

That, or he's crying into his beer as we speak.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

General Zod wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote: Bullshit. Donating lots of charity is indeed evidence towards someone being a good person. His charitable donations are backed up by the Guinness World Book of Records, video footage and charity web sites. Him having vitiligo is backed up by interviews by people close to him. Him overall being a good person is backed up by interviews of people that know him.
Dick Cheney donated millions to charities. Are you going to argue that he's a good person too?
Actually, one can make a case that he is. One can be a good person and still be incompetent (not saying that I have anything against Dick Cheney, but that clearly seems to be your trail of thought)

The thing is that there's more than the charity. MJ also has made numerous songs advocating to heal the world, etc. People that knew him regarded him as a good person.

There is also almost no substance to any criticism as to his moral characters. The child molestation charges have no evidence to support them and thus are not...evidence. The plastic surgery accusations do not have anything to do with his moral character and can be explained by his difficult childhood and the pressures of fame. He had vitiligo, which debunks the "bleaching skin white (which doesn't have much to do with his moral character)" accusation.

The only accusation against him that has some substance is him dangling his child over the roof to show to his fans, which MJ admitted to being a mistake.
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Highlight of the thread is Formless having a temper tantrum because he doesn't fit in with the cool kids.

StarWars88, just FYI: I care. So :P to Zod!
XXXI
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Phantasee wrote:Highlight of the thread is Formless having a temper tantrum because he doesn't fit in with the cool kids.

StarWars88, just FYI: I care. So :P to Zod!
What, do you want a gold star or something?
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Star Wars 888 wrote:Actually, as far as Michael Jackson goes one can make a case that he is child fisting kiddy diddler. One can be a good performer and a horrible person who's fondled more children than the Boston Archdiocese. While I know that after writing all this crap I'll still be incompetent (I'm not saying that I have anything against Dick Cheney. In fact, I touch myself thinking about that great gaping manhole of Republican values every night, but I should warn you that masturbating to GOP leadership clearly seems to be my trail of thought).
I started fixing it for you, but then I thought of all the little children that can now sleep in safety knowing that MJ is no longer waiting in the closet to diddle them.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Again lots of testing SPAM while I wrote this. So sorry if I missed something.
Star Wars 888 wrote:1. That doesn't prove anything. Surely are you claiming that every rich guy is bad based on that logic?
Idiot. I said "You usually don't make that much money in business without being one", notice the 'make' in there? You see if you start from scratch and make a shit ton of money in business, then usually you do that on someone else's detriment.
Also, you failed miserably at looking up my references. I want you to concede this now or refute why Gates and Buffet didn't act like assholes vs those people/companies/governement.
Star Wars 888 wrote:2. Bill Gates is also a good person (based on what we can tell), and MJ donated a larger percentage of his money than Gates did. Also, Michael Jackson advocated for change in his songs.
Based on what we can tell Bill Gates is an asshole who AFTER he became the worlds richest man suddenly grew a conscience. Much like most assholes do when they are confronted with old age and lessening importance. How do you even construe ripping your friends off as not being an asshole? Or using borderline illegal marketing tactics to put other friends out of business?

With the %age thingie. Do you agree/disagree that the CC's selling of indulgencesto sinners was morally reprehensible? If you agree then note the implications for your argument.
Star Wars 888 wrote:3. Then what are you trying to assert?
Go back look at the top part of the post under "First" and "Secondly". It shouldn't be that hard to decipher.
Star Wars 888 wrote:4. My point is that those that actually met him typically have a positive view of him.
Not my argument, so stop trying to make it so. Plus just repeating a WoI like that is considered "bad" debating.
Star Wars 888 wrote:5. Actually, Akon said that he was a good person in 2008. He used the present tense "is". So even if MJ went "batshit crazy" like you claim, Akon (who actually knew him) regarded him as a good person.
Strawman. I never claimed MJ went batshit crazy. If you continue like this its clear that you have no debating skills at all.
I want you to concede this tangent or quote where I said that.