[Star Wars 888] Dispelling rumors about Michael Jackson

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Re: Dispelling rumors about Michael Jackson

Post by Dalton »

Star Wars 888 wrote:A single mod "called me out", but failed to give any evidence to support his/her claim. I do not believe people who can't back up their claims. If you have something against me, prove it and I'll believe you. But just saying it doesn't have any substance.
There's this secret, magical place where the moderators meet and talk about all the trolls and fuckwits they have to deal with. Sadly, you can't see it, since you're one of those trolls/fuckwits we talk about and thus I can't go about giving you proof that there are several Moderators who want to ban your sorry ass. But hey, if you want proof, fine: would any Moderators who would like to see Mr. "Show Me Evidence That I Am A Trolling Fuckwit" banned, please feel free to speak up.
Star Wars 888 wrote:Since you have no evidence to support it, you saying that I suck is not any more valid that me saying that you suck or some guy saying that the Earth isn't round or some other BS.
Ya know, I'm all for evidence in debates and such like; in fact, it's a rule here. However, I don't really need to post evidence that you are the King of the Lamers, as it's quite clear from this thread that your Lameness, like the Universe, is limitless. You are, in fact, so Lame, that you have your own Lame Bus full of your Lame Cadre of Lame Trolling Fuckwits. Oh, you want proof? Here you go:
Lamers- 2.jpg
Lamers- 2.jpg (42.23 KiB) Viewed 8577 times
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Awwww hell... Rob done hijacked this shit and moved it to HOS.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Dalton wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:A single mod "called me out", but failed to give any evidence to support his/her claim. I do not believe people who can't back up their claims. If you have something against me, prove it and I'll believe you. But just saying it doesn't have any substance.
There's this secret, magical place where the moderators meet and talk about all the trolls and fuckwits they have to deal with. Sadly, you can't see it, since you're one of those trolls/fuckwits we talk about and thus I can't go about giving you proof that there are several Moderators who want to ban your sorry ass. But hey, if you want proof, fine: would any Moderators who would like to see Mr. "Show Me Evidence That I Am A Trolling Fuckwit" banned, please feel free to speak up.
Right here, for StarWars 888 just begged for a ban due to his stonewalling, ignoring of debate rules and obvious lameness and stupidity.

In fact, I believe that he is a troll who just exists here to mess with our heads. For nobody can really argue what he argued in good faith.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Phantasee wrote:Highlight of the thread is Formless having a temper tantrum because he doesn't fit in with the cool kids mocking A Certain Clique for their insular attitudes and hypocrisy.
I thought I'd made myself clear a long time ago what I actually think of Testing. But here we are.
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Dalton wrote: There's this secret, magical place where the moderators meet and talk about all the trolls and fuckwits they have to deal with. Sadly, you can't see it, since you're one of those trolls/fuckwits we talk about and thus I can't go about giving you proof that there are several Moderators who want to ban your sorry ass. But hey, if you want proof, fine: would any Moderators who would like to see Mr. "Show Me Evidence That I Am A Trolling Fuckwit" banned, please feel free to speak up.
Hey, if I really am acting like a troll (apparently trying to support Michael Jackson counts as trolling, but denouncing him doesn't), feel free to explain why. Problem is that you haven't. I'm not saying that I'm not a troll, but I'm innocent until proven guilty.

Ya know, I'm all for evidence in debates and such like; in fact, it's a rule here. However, I don't really need to post evidence that you are the King of the Lamers, as it's quite clear from this thread that your Lameness, like the Universe, is limitless.
I could say the same thing:

Me: you're some secret terrorist
You: how? Evidence?
Me: I'm all for evidence in debates. However, it's super obvious that you're a secret terrorist!

A real life, historical analogy:

Abolitionist: Slavery is wrong
Slave owner: No it's not!
Abolitionist: But it infringes on their natural rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Slave owner: Yeah but they're inferior to us!
Abolitionist: Care to explain why?
Slave owner: I'm all for evidence in debates. However, it's self evident that they're inferior!
You are, in fact, so Lame, that you have your own Lame Bus full of your Lame Cadre of Lame Trolling Fuckwits. Oh, you want proof? Here you go:
Lamers- 2.jpg
Hey dude, in all seriousness, you're supposed to be a mod here. If you don't like me, then fine, but be civil about it. If you don't want to be civil, then at least back up your flames. Heck, Mike Wong said in the forum rules that flaming is ok unless if you provide no evidence to back it up. You aren't providing any evidence to back it up.
Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

Hey, those are some super-appropriate analogies you've got there. Let me use a parable instead.

Once upon a time, there was a young man digging a hole. He dug and dug, and then realized that he'd forgotten a ladder and the top of the hole was just barely out of reach. "Time to dig deeper!" he said, as he brought the shovel down. Also, a meteor hit him about a minute later. Am I getting through to you?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

*munches popcorn*

Oh, this will be fun.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

SDN discriminates against Michael Jackson fans!!!

And I don't know what "clique" you're talking about, Formless.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Formless wrote:
Phantasee wrote:Highlight of the thread is Formless having a temper tantrum because he doesn't fit in with the cool kids mocking A Certain Clique for their insular attitudes and hypocrisy.
I thought I'd made myself clear a long time ago what I actually think of Testing. But here we are.
Uhm, did you miss where we went to the HoS a couple of posts ago?
So "we" are not in Kansastesting anymore.
Star Wars 888 wrote:I'm not saying that I'm not a troll, but I'm innocent until proven guilty.
You respond to an accusation of being lame with this?`
Star Wars 888 wrote:If you don't like me, then fine, but be civil about it. If you don't want to be civil, then at least back up your flames.
He asked the other mods to do that, isn't that enough?
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Star Wars 888 wrote:Hey dude, in all seriousness, you're supposed to be a mod here. If you don't like me, then fine, but be civil about it. If you don't want to be civil, then at least back up your flames. Heck, Mike Wong said in the forum rules that flaming is ok unless if you provide no evidence to back it up. You aren't providing any evidence to back it up.
Something tells me you're not familiar with the concept of benevolent despotism.

Also,
J wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:I request to the mods that this thread get moved to a more serious section.
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it...
I told you so!
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Phantasee wrote:And I don't know what "clique" you're talking about, Formless.
Suuuuure you don't. Its not like you couldn't use the search function and figure out for yourself what I'm talking about.
Spoonist wrote:Uhm, did you miss where we went to the HoS a couple of posts ago?
So "we" are not in Kansas testing anymore.
What's your point? It was in testing, as anyone can figure out in about two seconds from reading page two. That we are in the HoS now is immaterial.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

The broken search function that nobody uses unless they really really care? Riiight.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Hey, its not my fault you're too incompitent to use copy/paste.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

J wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:Hey dude, in all seriousness, you're supposed to be a mod here. If you don't like me, then fine, but be civil about it. If you don't want to be civil, then at least back up your flames. Heck, Mike Wong said in the forum rules that flaming is ok unless if you provide no evidence to back it up. You aren't providing any evidence to back it up.
Something tells me you're not familiar with the concept of benevolent despotism.
Unfortunately I don't think that the world, outside of Pratchet, is either. (No offense meant to James Bond Dalton).
Formless wrote:
Spoonist wrote:Uhm, did you miss where we went to the HoS a couple of posts ago?
So "we" are not in Kansas testing anymore.
What's your point? It was in testing, as anyone can figure out in about two seconds from reading page two. That we are in the HoS now is immaterial.
Do I really need to spell out my point?
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Please don't. I don't think I could handle two complete tools arguing about such an inconsequential topic.

And Formless: what the fuck is your point?
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Spoonist wrote:Do I really need to spell out my point?
You have no point. Unless you think I'm talking about you and the board at large, in which case I suggest you learn a little something about reading comprehension.
Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

Phantasee wrote:Please don't. I don't think I could handle two complete tools arguing about such an inconsequential topic.

And Formless: what the fuck is your point?
His point, as I understand it, is that Testing is home to a clique, presumably because some people who post in Testing turned down his request to sit at their lunch table or something.
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Has he always been this upset about it? He's not going to go all Columbine on us, is he?
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Star Wars 888 wrote:Hey, if I really am acting like a troll (apparently trying to support Michael Jackson counts as trolling, but denouncing him doesn't), feel free to explain why. Problem is that you haven't. I'm not saying that I'm not a troll, but I'm innocent until proven guilty.
You're guilty. See, here, there is no court, there are no lawyers and you are my bitch. I am judge, jury and executioner. If I think you're a troll, hey, guess what? You're a troll. Too bad, so sad, bye bye.

*snip*

Comparing me to a slave owner wasn't your smartest move.
Star Wars 888 wrote:Hey dude, in all seriousness, you're supposed to be a mod here.
Hey dude, in all seriousness, I'm an Administrator. That means that I could ban you right now for being a troll and nobody would raise an eyebrow.
Star Wars 888 wrote:If you don't like me, then fine, but be civil about it. If you don't want to be civil, then at least back up your flames. Heck, Mike Wong said in the forum rules that flaming is ok unless if you provide no evidence to back it up. You aren't providing any evidence to back it up.
I assume you're referring to PR5 which, well, says the opposite of what you claim. If someone doesn't feel like being civil, that's their prerogative.

Goddamn, but I despise little douchebag fucks like you that use the board rules to try to lawyer me into submission. That's a violation of IR3, by the way. You know, since you're so keen on the rules. Then again, I doubt you've really read them, given that you just claimed that this "back up your flames" rule existed.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

General Zod wrote:Nobody gives a shit about Michael Jackson.
On the other hand, I DO care about some of his cousins, as they are my neighbors. That doesn't mean I particularly like them, but hey, they're neighbors. So they matter more to me than MJ ever did.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Broomstick wrote:
General Zod wrote:Nobody gives a shit about Michael Jackson.
On the other hand, I DO care about some of his cousins, as they are my neighbors. That doesn't mean I particularly like them, but hey, they're neighbors. So they matter more to me than MJ ever did.
Yeah but they're not MJ. :P
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Dalton wrote: You're guilty. See, here, there is no court, there are no lawyers and you are my bitch. I am judge, jury and executioner. If I think you're a troll, hey, guess what? You're a troll. Too bad, so sad, bye bye.
If you're going to be a despot, you might as well be a benevolent one.

*snip*

Comparing me to a slave owner wasn't your smartest move.
Strawman. I wasn't comparing you to a slave owner. I was explaining how the "self evident" argument is a logical fallacy in which one can basically use to make any random absurd claim (such as a race being inferior, the world being flat, the sky being red or some other ridiculous claim) and then claim that it's "self evident" (or "obvious").
Hey dude, in all seriousness, I'm an Administrator. That means that I could ban you right now for being a troll and nobody would raise an eyebrow.

I assume you're referring to PR5 which, well, says the opposite of what you claim. If someone doesn't feel like being civil, that's their prerogative.

[/quote]

Mike also states that he tolerates flaming, but that you have to actually back up your claims.

Goddamn, but I despise little douchebag fucks like you that use the board rules to try to lawyer me into submission. That's a violation of IR3, by the way. You know, since you're so keen on the rules. Then again, I doubt you've really read them, given that you just claimed that this "back up your flames" rule existed.
Please just explain to me how I was trolling. I made a perfectly reasonable thread and started out with listing reasonable and valid arguments with the noble intention of clearing (well, his name has already been largely cleared for most people) someone's name. If you don't like it, then close it. I'm still new here, so give me a break. However, to keep on calling me a troll without providing any evidence for it is hypocritical in nature.
Last edited by Star Wars 888 on 2010-10-15 07:28pm, edited 2 times in total.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Star Wars 888 wrote:
OK, MJ gave money to charity. That's cool. Of course, not a dime of it went to the folks back in his home town who could have used some help, as Gary, Indiana is a festering shithole that every day is looking more and more like Detroit.
I don't think you get it. What's cool isn't that he donated to charity - almost every celebrity does that - it's that he donated 300 f-ing million dollars to more charities than any other person in history (Guinness World Book of Records). Do you understand how much 300 million dollars is? Beyonce, one of the most charitable celebrities alive, has maybe given a few million. Michael Jackson gave 300 million. That's a fucking huge amount of money.

He donated ALL of the money he earned from his "Bad" tour, 150 million, to charity. He donated ALL of the money he earned from his Pepsi commercial to charity. And he didn't brag about it either.
Meanwhile, literally down the street from me, some of his cousins (first cousins, not distant relations) are living in homes with the roofs literally falling in, their kids struggling to get an education, basically living in a fucking slum. If he's such a fucking great humanitarian why didn't he help his own relatives? A little help on home maintenance or maybe a scholarship for some of those kids might have really helped that end of the family out. But I guess he felt all the other people in the world were more important than the folks he grew up around....
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Phantasee

Post by Phantasee »

Well, let's be honest, if you became as successful as him, wouldn't you want to forget you were from a shit hole like Indiana?
Star Wars 888
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Wars 888 »

Broomstick wrote:
Star Wars 888 wrote:
OK, MJ gave money to charity. That's cool. Of course, not a dime of it went to the folks back in his home town who could have used some help, as Gary, Indiana is a festering shithole that every day is looking more and more like Detroit.
I don't think you get it. What's cool isn't that he donated to charity - almost every celebrity does that - it's that he donated 300 f-ing million dollars to more charities than any other person in history (Guinness World Book of Records). Do you understand how much 300 million dollars is? Beyonce, one of the most charitable celebrities alive, has maybe given a few million. Michael Jackson gave 300 million. That's a fucking huge amount of money.

He donated ALL of the money he earned from his "Bad" tour, 150 million, to charity. He donated ALL of the money he earned from his Pepsi commercial to charity. And he didn't brag about it either.
Meanwhile, literally down the street from me, some of his cousins (first cousins, not distant relations) are living in homes with the roofs literally falling in, their kids struggling to get an education, basically living in a fucking slum. If he's such a fucking great humanitarian why didn't he help his own relatives? A little help on home maintenance or maybe a scholarship for some of those kids might have really helped that end of the family out. But I guess he felt all the other people in the world were more important than the folks he grew up around....
Well Michael Jackson had a grudge against his father (reasonably, given that his father allegedly abused him), and maybe he also had a grudge against his cousins.