[Leonardo Fibonacci] So when do they get a clue?

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: So when do they get a clue?

Post by Lord Revan »

Darth Wong wrote:These twats are exactly like religious people: they think that "theory" means "any words I can vomit out of my mouth", and that the only threshold for a viable theory is that it cannot be absolutely disproven, even if it's so vague that it has no mechanism (notice how they make no attempt whatsoever to explain what makes the soliton wave grow in energy over time, other than to mumble that it's subspace and therefore magic, whereas a conventional explanation of a soliton wave explains why it behaves the way it does, ie- it has a mechanism).

The sad thing is that you can tell they think they're covering their own immaturity and ignorance quite well. They have no idea how painfully obvious it is that they are totally uneducated. That kind of precociousness is adorable in small children, but it's really quite disgusting in teenagers and adults.
it's kind of ironic that he pretty much anwsered the question from the orginal OP with "never as I'm too aggrogant to admit defeat!"

There was a reason why I wanted him to put his "theory" into simple as possible text, then we could actually examine it on its own merits (as opposed to not being your theory, which in his mind seems to mean it wins by default), since atm I got a hard time to judge its merits as I have no idea what those merits are, if there's in fact an explanation beond "it's subspace and there for it does everything I want it to do without any need for explanation!" I haven't found it and as such I deem it a non-explanation since, well tbh it doesn't seem to explain anything (well the level off arrogance of the writer doesn't count).

In fact, I would so far as to say that he is working his "theory" the wrong way (aka making the facts with the "theory" instead making the theory fit the facts). People like this are why, I don't like to debate that much.

While the interaction of subspace phanomena and subspace technology would an intresting idea to discuss about, it really seems like a potential disaster thanks to these "trek is not weak! you are meanies!" types.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Re: So when do they get a clue?

Post by Ghost Rider »

A troll is a troll. Banned and tagged.

Sadly, nothing new here even with the opening of "Wong is Wrong!!!" to accusations of perfidious designs on anyone disagreeing with him.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete