I Just Read Something Funny

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

Moderator: Moderators

Morilore
Jedi Master

Re: I Just Read Something Funny

Post by Morilore »

P.S. IIRC Wayne's account was not closed over the Prop 8 brouhaha, and neither Mike nor anyone else in the Senate ever proposed action against him.
On page two of this thread Ender says that Poe requested that Mike close his account. Presumably that didn't happen.
SancheztheWhaler wrote:Interesting; a few months ago Wayne was a respected member of the board. I suppose it's good to know that the Old Boys Club membership can be terminated; you just have to piss Mike off enough for the scavengers to smell blood in the water...
Mike completely recused himself from the discussion in the Senate that sealed Poe's fate as a pariah. It was everyone else who got so pissed off that they couldn't tolerate his presence anymore.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

SancheztheWhaler wrote:Interesting; a few months ago Wayne was a respected member of the board. I suppose it's good to know that the Old Boys Club membership can be terminated; you just have to piss Mike off enough for the scavengers to smell blood in the water...
That or accuse a member in good standing of wifebeating when you're badly losing an argument. You know, like fatty mcfatfat fatty dumpcakes did to Hav.
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

Morilore wrote:
Mike completely recused himself from the discussion in the Senate that sealed Poe's fate as a pariah. It was everyone else who got so pissed off that they couldn't tolerate his presence anymore.
That's my point - without Mike's magical Cloak of Protection +12 (i.e., perceived membership in the Old Boys Club) people say what they really think, whereas they would pull punches otherwise. That Poe was once a Senator in good standing must surely contribute to the glee with which people are jumping all over him as well... oh how the mighty have fallen...
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

What Flagg said is accurate for me. As far as Poe and his standing on the board before this, or his history/friendship with Mike, it had no bearing on what I thought about him or how I interacted with him, before or after he pissed me off.
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

I didn't really follow the Wayne Poe drama closely enough to remember who insulted who and in what fashion, but I can certainly see how being accused of wife beating could lead to a negative perception.
Morilore
Jedi Master

Post by Morilore »

SancheztheWhaler wrote:That's my point - without Mike's magical Cloak of Protection +12 (i.e., perceived membership in the Old Boys Club) people say what they really think, whereas they would pull punches otherwise. That Poe was once a Senator in good standing must surely contribute to the glee with which people are jumping all over him as well... oh how the mighty have fallen...
I honestly don't believe that there is an Old Boys' Club anymore. There was once, but then it became the Senate and then the Senate started looking like a bad joke. Combine that with Mike's general withdrawal from moderatorial activities and the only people left with an aura of power around them are the staff themselves. Maybe. Kinda.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Morilore wrote:
P.S. IIRC Wayne's account was not closed over the Prop 8 brouhaha, and neither Mike nor anyone else in the Senate ever proposed action against him.
On page two of this thread Ender says that Poe requested that Mike close his account. Presumably that didn't happen.
By everyone and not being able to "tolerate his presence anymore" do you mean, like, the four or so people in the Senate thread that thought Poe should apologize to The Duchess? Or should only get like a two week perma ban for offenses anyone else would have gotten instabanned for? :lol:
Morilore
Jedi Master

Post by Morilore »

havokeff wrote:By everyone and not being able to "tolerate his presence anymore" do you mean, like, the four or so people in the Senate thread that thought Poe should apologize to The Duchess? Or should only get like a two week perma ban for offenses anyone else would have gotten instabanned for? :lol:
Yeah, OK, memory not that good.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

havokeff wrote:What Flagg said is accurate for me. As far as Poe and his standing on the board before this, or his history/friendship with Mike, it had no bearing on what I thought about him or how I interacted with him, before or after he pissed me off.
yeah but you're not a sadcase nerd trying to be 'hip' with whats 'down' on the board culture

you actually have opinions and attitudes you didn't steal from a webcomic and don't need validation from random internet folks

thus you are immune! :D
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Gandalf wrote:Hi Poe!

How's it going?
Couldn't be happier, Gandalf! You?

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

You're more correct than you know, sir. Keep your head down, and don't be afraid to express your opinion. No matter how unpopular it is with the peanut gallery.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

And remember to stay the course regardless of facts! Staying the course worked for the Bush administration!
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Lord Poe wrote:
You're more correct than you know, sir. Keep your head down, and don't be afraid to express your opinion. No matter how unpopular it is with the peanut gallery.
Listen to the Rebel Leader, son. You'll go far!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So can we get a couple of tow trucks to drag mayonnaise chin her before the Senate for a proper show trial, since he avoided it the first time by going into self imposed exile and asking for his account to be closed. Oops.
Ozymandias
Lex Imperatos

Post by Ozymandias »

It is done and over with. No trial, no voting.
Look upon my works and despair