Londo Mollari apprecition thread

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Smiling Bandit
Jedi Master

Londo Mollari apprecition thread

Post by Smiling Bandit »

B5 fans go ahead and correct my spelling...

Londo was my favorite character in B5 - and the only character other than G'Kar I was consistantly interested in from end to end. Londo, I think combined the most vivid portrayal of a person in the entire series. I think Peter Jurasik's decpition of an old politician, in love with his country and caught up in events beyond his power, was one of the best ever character arcs.

In short, I love the Centauri because Londo was the quintessential Centauri. Viva la Centauri!

BTW, can anyone tell me what supposedly happened to the Centauri after Londo was mercifally killed by G'Kar and the alien killed G'Kar before it died? Presumably Vir became the new Emporer, as profecized (sp?). Did the Centauri make a comback, of sorts? They lost more than any other race and gained less in the B5 arc.
ph3@r the k3oot3 0n3z
I thought this was a capture the b33r mod?!
Rathark
Padawan Learner

Post by Rathark »

Londo Mollari as a character, and Peter Jurasik as an actor, were two of the best things about Babylon 5.

As a person, Londo was just plain unpleasant, but that was what made him so interesting.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Londo was a very REAL character. Someone like Sheridan (fearless, cunning, charismatic) or Delenn (Compassionate, Wise) are wonderful characters but more mythical, they connect with us on a different level because they are archetypes...Londo was Real, I bet none of us knows someone like Sheridan or Delenn...But we all know someone like Londo. That makes him very inetresting to watch, because in many ways he is like an everyman character, he most certainly was not perfect, was conflicted but had a good heart (hearts?) Like may of us I am sure.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

I really felt sorry for the bastard when I saw how the Drakh (sp) took over the Centauri. He was one of the best characters in B5 along with G'Kar.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
CorSec
Jedi Knight

Post by CorSec »

Agreed. Though I didn't like the person of Londo, I was certainly intrigued by his personal journey depicted through the series. He was an ambitious politician and he reaped more than he sowed, if I may say that. While he wasn't my favorite character, he's certainly one of the top ones. (I identified more with his bumbling attache, Vir.) Overall, I liked G'Kar the best.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

In general, Londo and G'Kar (and to a lesser extent Vir) were the only one's who held my attention. They evolved and grew up, they suffered tragadies and had wisdom and humour. The others were annoying.

Everynight I dream of that episode where Lyta takes over the market and states that you can't stop someone who has been touched by the Vorlons, and then Sheridan shows up and saves the day. How I wish just before Lyta capitulates, we here Delen say John, and see that she is holding a gun to her own head. Bet that would wipe that smug smile of his face..

..Sorry lots of anger towards Sheridan.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'