Starcraft vs. Emperor: Battle for Dune

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Starcraft vs. Emperor: Battle for Dune

Post by Antediluvian »

The races of Starcraft vs. the Houses of Emperor: Battle for Dune.

The two sides are fighting on and over Arrakis.

Who will prevail?
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

Dune, Arakis, desert planet

Saudakar. Atomics. Instantaneous space travel with zero time debt.
Millions of worlds to draw from if necessary.
Instantaneous travel across space with NO time debt! <-- Not even hyper drive can compete with that, regardless of different weapons capabilities.

Starcraft. Dependencies on local support and on site construction for troops, weapons and local materials. Slow build up to maximum capability.

-side note-
And of course, the Fremen are not going to let another group take over for too much longer, Paul or no Paul.

(I was just writing a Fremen vs. Stormies post when I noticed you made this one. Scary! I will wait a day or so before posting it :)

Prediction:
The Emperor and his Saudakar troops ride over any of the three Starcraft races in less than a hour real time.

-Jack Lain.
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

How about using map only units?

How well do you feel Starcraft would do then?

The psionic powers of the Protoss could definitely be an annoyance.
Jack Lain
Padawan Learner

Post by Jack Lain »

Oh hell you got me. I thought you meant the book troops versus the game troops.
Damn man, I'll have to wimp ou... uh err.. tactically withdrawal on this one then since it has been a really long time since I've played either game. Honestly I wouldn't even begin to be able to debate anyone on the two game aspects. Sry 'bout that.

-Jack "oops" Lain.
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

Jack Lain wrote:Oh hell you got me. I thought you meant the book troops versus the game troops.
Damn man, I'll have to wimp ou... uh err.. tactically withdrawal on this one then since it has been a really long time since I've played either game. Honestly I wouldn't even begin to be able to debate anyone on the two game aspects. Sry 'bout that.

-Jack "oops" Lain.
No problem.