Berzerkers

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Berzerkers

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Ok, what other forms of Science Fiction can beat back an ivasion of Fred Saberhagen's Berzerkers?

That's right this is a larger force then the one Von-Nueman Machine vs. Borg idea.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Berzerkers

Post by Enlightenment »

THe Yosemite Bear wrote:Ok, what other forms of Science Fiction can beat back an ivasion of Fred Saberhagen's Berzerkers?

That's right this is a larger force then the one Von-Nueman Machine vs. Borg idea.
Culture, Xeelee, Lattice (my own story setting), Vinge's Powers, Asimov's Empire and Foundation, possibly EU-assisted Wars, Assassins, OBS. :) And quite likely a lot more.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

Who are Fred Saberhagen's Berzerkers?? Are they anything like the Berzerkers of Khorne from Warhammer 40K???
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Robotic Weapons (Full Von Neuman Capable) which means their like a cross between World Devestators and Deathstars. They have been programed to exterminate all life. And go about doing it in a very erratic but semi effeciant fasion (Achiellies heal: A Tactics Randomization subrutine designed to make them Unpredictable often makes them do very stupid things)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
HRogge
Jedi Master

Post by HRogge »

The fourth Empire would kill them easily I think. The size of their military is incredible and their "ships" should be easily powerful enough to deal with a Berserker.