Weasly Crusher

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

David
Moderator Emeritus

Weasly Crusher

Post by David »

While most of TNG he was a whiny little bastard, he was actually pretty cool those last couple of episodes. It ticks me off that they jerked himoff the series once he actually started to grow up. Everyone hated him because he'd always been like a genius with the maturity of a four year old, and they had always been able to use him as slave labor, then all the sudden he starts actually have real teenage problems and his mother and Picard act like he has turned into the son of Satan. Anyways, I just wish he would have pulled a Q and killed a few crew members or destroyed a few planets once he got those super powers.
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

You know, I am not sure. This is certainly not a vs. discussion, and since there is not Pure Star Trek forum, does that mean that pure Star Trek discussions goes into Other Sci-Fi forum?
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

That's what I thought. It really wasn't a vs. discussion, more of a rant about how much I hate Paramount and the ST writers.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I never liked Crusher and his mom was a bitch. I simply could not BELIEVE the episode in which she had never suspected a rapidly transmitted pathogen was an aerosal agent. And she's a DOCTOR for crying out loud. Anyone should have suspected that.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Hell I'm amazed she could use one of those hypospray things.
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

What Ive noticed is that as I grow older, im 31, my responses to STNG change.
While I didnt hate Wesley, I still didnt like the Wunderkid cliche.

At the end of the series when Wesley becomes unhappy with Star Fleet, I thought it was hokey, but as I watch the occasional re runs on TNN, I find his change to be a good idea.