Rick Hunter in Skull One vs. Optimus Prime

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Rick Hunter in Skull One vs. Optimus Prime

Post by Galvatron »

Who wins?
Darik Sdair
Youngling

Post by Darik Sdair »

hmmm, been a while since I watched Transformers, and I'll confess I have no idea of the "gory details" of the numbers behind it.

But....

In the TF movie, Optimus Prime was felled by only a couple of blasts from Megatron's beam weapon.

Rick Hunter's Skull One, when configured for a strike mission, can carry up to six reaction missiles with yields in the 300-ish kiloton range, if I recall.

Sounds to me like Hunter makes a stand-off attack, and Prime is vaporized
Banzai!
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Darik Sdair wrote:hmmm, been a while since I watched Transformers, and I'll confess I have no idea of the "gory details" of the numbers behind it.

But....

In the TF movie, Optimus Prime was felled by only a couple of blasts from Megatron's beam weapon.

Rick Hunter's Skull One, when configured for a strike mission, can carry up to six reaction missiles with yields in the 300-ish kiloton range, if I recall.

Sounds to me like Hunter makes a stand-off attack, and Prime is vaporized
I believe it was called beam saber, not sure though. And he only got some huge damage on his left side. Than he was shoot three or four times by an unknown weapon Megatron picked up. But consider how tough Cybertron steal is i doubt Rick Hunter would win in a direct confrontation. But he do have air surpremecy while Prime have surpremecy on the ground.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Dark Primus wrote:I believe it was called beam saber, not sure though. And he only got some huge damage on his left side. Than he was shoot three or four times by an unknown weapon Megatron picked up. But consider how tough Cybertron steal is i doubt Rick Hunter would win in a direct confrontation. But he do have air surpremecy while Prime have surpremecy on the ground.
The Decepticons always had air surpremacy as well, but that didn't stop Prime from habitually kicking their asses.

:wink:
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Optimus would run his @$$ over
JamesStaley
Youngling

Re: Rick Hunter in Skull One vs. Optimus Prime

Post by JamesStaley »

If Rick is smart and stays in the air and lauches a bunch of missiles at Optimus, he might win that way. But on the ground in battloid mode, hand to hand, Optimus would wipe the ground with him!
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

JamesStaley wrote:If Rick is smart and stays in the air and lauches a bunch of missiles at Optimus, he might win that way. But on the ground in battloid mode, hand to hand, Optimus would wipe the ground with him!
A 14 year necro...that has got to be a record.

You're new here, so you probably don't know the rules regarding old threads yet. If a thread is more than 2 or 3 months old, leave it alone unless there is good reason for doing so (update in a legal case, for instance). In this case, there is no good reason for posting in a thread that was abandoned a decade and a half ago. So please don't do it.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Meh, sometimes a little necromancy can be fun, things can get slow around here sometimes. :P

More importantly, how did you find said thread? The search function on this site has always been... flakey (though it doesn't help that I suck at Boolean searches). Did you actually manage to find it via the search? Or were you really bored and scrolled through hundreds of pages?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

I love ancient necro's - they're like little internet time capsules that get dug up. Think how different the board (not to mention the world) was back then ^_^
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Tribble wrote:Or were you really bored and scrolled through hundreds of pages?
I've done that with Parting Shots. It is where I got both my sig and the idea to use it after all. :wink:
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Chimaera wrote:I love ancient necro's - they're like little internet time capsules that get dug up. Think how different the board (not to mention the world) was back then ^_^
I agree it's pretty cool to see what kind of stuff was talked about back then and how the view points might have shifted.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Hmm....wonder if we could start up a NotW (Necro of the Week) thread?
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Borgholio wrote:Hmm....wonder if we could start up a NotW (Necro of the Week) thread?
I'd be up for that :D
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

I dunno.

I hate to sound cryptic but some things are best left in the past.

(Good lord some of the old threads are absolute shit)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Imperial528 wrote:I dunno.

I hate to sound cryptic but some things are best left in the past.

(Good lord some of the old threads are absolute shit)
well it's a given with anything that's lasted as long as this forum has that not everything is top quality or even the entertaining kind of bad.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

JESUS GUYS! At least try to stick to the OP if you Necro!

LOCKED... and being submitted to the Admin for consideration as a Record.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet